Open Blog Weekend October 3-4
Is it Saturday again? Is it already October? Is there more laundry to wash? Yes. Yes. Yes. This morning, there is a cool crispness in the air and birds singing the background. The sunny is bright and beautiful, even with another Saturday of mounds of laundry looming at me, I know it is going to be a great day.

I already of one load of laundry in the washing machine and now I am watching one of my favorite shows, Sell this House. It always amazes me what they can get done in 2 1/2 days. If only I could accomplish that much!

Ya'll have a wonderful weekend.

P.S. Fay is walking without her walker! Her progress astounds the nurses and therapists. Our prayers have been heard and answered.


8 Comments:

Blogger Joyful said...

WOW! Rejoicing with you how the Lord is answering prayer on behalf of your mom. May His name receive all the glory.

Speaking of "His name", that's what caught my attention this morning in our reading.

“Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy.” Matthew 6:9

Unloading the last bag of groceries into her car in the parking lot, drenched with rain, in frustration she cursed His name. Something inside me cringed as it does every time I hear the name of Jesus Christ or God spoken in vain.

I have friends that say they have become so accustomed to hearing it spoken thusly that they don’t even notice anymore. To me, that’s just sad. The reverence and power associated with the Lord’s name is gone. The sensitivity is lost.

When I’m invited to go with friends to see a movie, that’s the “biggy” for me. I go to the Plugged In Online site and check how Focus on the Family has rated the language. If God’s name is going to be blasphemed, my decision is made. Personally, I don’t want to pay to hear the name of my Savoir slandered. Do I miss some good movies? Guess it depends on what you label “good”.

This might sound harsh to some, but I have to be faithful and true to the conviction that God has placed on my heart. I’m not condemning others who are not held to this personal standard, it’s just the one the Lord has given me.

Yesterday I wrote about how one day God will give us a new name, but did you know He will have a new name too?

“And I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse, and He who sat on it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and wages war. His eyes are a flame of fire, and on His head are many diadems; and He has a name written on Him which no one knows except Himself.” Rev.19:11-12

The Lord has a name that no-one knows. It has never been spoken in a slur of expletives. It has not been cursed or profaned. It has never been used as an obscene expression. It hasn’t been spoken carelessly as “filler”, without thought. A name that has been kept holy and sacred.

One day His name will receive the honour due. Philippians 2:9-11 tells us that God exalted Christ “to the highest place and gave him a name that is above every other name, that at the name of Jesus, every knee should bow in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.”

Oh Lord, there really is something about Your name.

Have a blessed weekend ladies. It's bright and sunny here in Canada too, but COLD!!! :)
Joy

Anonymous Lori prince said...

Saturday...October...and ALWAYS a load of laundry! We're blessed sisters! We all have more clothes than we need! Yeah, Faye! Thank you dear Wendy, for sharing God's wisdom thru another glorious week in God's Word! Whewie, let's see what else...
Welcome back Lynn (the other lynn :) )! Praying for everyone to seek God today...to know Him more, to be drawn closer to Him. Susan, praying that Glory will shine out of you during this period of your life...Jodie, praying for your MIL and for you to experience pure bliss with your little, Elliot! Wish I could hold your little bundle!

Love your wisdom today, dear JOY!!!

Something I read a couple of days ago came back to me after reading Matthew 7:7-11. I went back and copied it below for you all:

Missionary William Carey stated: “Expect great things from God. Attempt great things for God.” God desires to equip us perfectly for what He wants us to do, and He invites us to “come boldly” to find mercy and grace in time of need (Heb. 4:16).
When we as God’s children are living in faith, we can have an exciting expectancy and a quiet confidence that God will give us exactly what we need, when we need it (Matt. 7:8-11).
—Cindy Hess Kasper
When with expectancy we pray
According to God’s will,
We’ll see Him working in our lives
His purpose to fulfill.

God is in control sisters! He knows what we need. We seek His Will in everything. Ultimately, what is best for us happens anyway.

Everyone, have a absolute...wonderful weekend! Fall is in the air! We have so much to be thankful for!

We are enjoying a "family" weekend! My sister and brother-in-law arrived yesterday. Sweet Brandee shared a verse with me that I'm praying continually:
Matthew 5:15...may my light give light to everyone in the house!
Thank you Brandee!

Hoping, too Jan that your family is enjoying all the precious moments together with your mother! may the music she hears bring back fond memories! May you all be blessed during this special time of gathering.

Love you all,
Lori - AZ

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Yay for Kay! Truly rejoicing with you! :)

Oh, Wendy...you make me feel so much better. You and I both have two children (I have friends who have 8!) and I feel like the laundry never ends. By this point today, I have five loads done (including bedding because one of our cherubs had a sleep over here last night). I can't imagine laundry for a bigger family! Wowzie! Those women are angels!

Loving these autumnal weekends! :) The Katinas are at our church this evening...the kids are so excited, although the Katinas lost a cousin in the Samoa Tsunami, so tonight will be bittersweet.

The NIV chrono is a little behind "y'all" but I always enjoy coming here and reading what I have to look forward to! :)

Happy Weekend...
Sharon

Blogger Lynn Brooks said...

Hello Ladies, Today the verse Seek the Kingdome of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. WOW - NEED!!! What a skewed sense of want and need I tend to have. Lord, I pray your wisdom to descend upon me to know the difference between want and need. AND, to seek to fill the needs of others before myself, this day and every day. I do praise your glorious name! Your Word is so alive ALWAYS - THank you Jesus

Blogger Deb said...

Hey Lynn that was my nugget for the day as well! Seek Jesus and the Kingdom First! I have been trying to do that when any thing comes my way that I have a tough time dealing with....Keep your eyes on the Kingdom the small still voice of the Holy Spirit whispers. When I do that all that burdens can fall away as I lay it at His feet. What seemed important just isn't.

He has also been reminding me to "rise above" and do not give in petty and trivial arguments, temptation and assorted other things that are not of God in my life.

Wendy praising God that your Mother is making progress in her healing. Sending hugs to both of you!

Love from Deb in Illinois

Anonymous www.buffalocanoeing.com said...

Lori, YES I am enjoying myself. It was so good to have all 6 of my brothers and me together with my mom. She has dementia really bad, but she has been so alert and able to carry on a conversation with everyone...when she could hear them. We had so much laughing, music,teasing...of course they all had to catch up on teasing me. And EATING, did I mention eating? :)

Joy, I am with you on your conviction about people taking the Lord's name in vain...with some it is such a habit they don't even know they are doing it...probably their parents before them did it and that is all they know. But like you, IT REALLY BOTHERS ME. We have a neighbor that has a very filthy mouth, and it is all I can do to NOT say something. She and her husband have cussed Jim and I out before. I have had to distance myself from her because it is so bad. But I have been asking the Lord how I can minister to her. I know that is what I need to do.

We leave Tues. morning to go back to TN. Jim my DH is chomping at the bit to get home, though he has really enjoyed himself.

I have been able keep up with my Bible reading, and even getting time to get on here and read what you dear sisters have written. Some of you as well as Wendy have such wonderful insights and knowledge that I am so blessed every day. Thank you all for sharing with us.

Jan TN...in Phoenix AZ

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Friends! Rainy here in MN. It was my mom's b'day so we took her to lunch yesterday, and now I'm about to bolt out the door for church and Sunday School.
Joy - I really hear you on the cussing discussion. Like I've said before, I was raised in a home with a father who swore daily...really bad....so I know that my sensitivity to swearing is numbed. But I do not like to hear my Lord's name taken in vain...and a friend taught me that when she hears it, she says in her head: "but I praise you Jesus"....or something to that effect. That has helped me in the moment.
Let's praise His name instead of diminish it!

Morgen

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Good Evening Friends,

Wendy I am so happy to hear about mama Fay. It is good to hear that the walker is now retired.

As for the laundry, I must be crazy but as soon as my sons were teens they started doing their own laundry. I found it really cut down on the amount of "dirty" clothes. Come to find out, clothes that lay on the floor weren't all dirty when they had to wash, dry and fold them. Lol

I feel like a stranger to the blog lately. I haven't posted much and haven't been as faithful daily to do the reading. It shows in my mind, body and spirit. Have you ever spent more time praying for others than yourself? That way your life didn't seem to be in need of prayer? I do realize that might not make as much sense said out loud as it did in my head. But it's where I am, so be it.

I do have a specific prayer request. Since June I have been stuggling with two stomach ulcers. One hurts when I eat, the other after. I have lost 52 pounds since Feb. It was nice for a while, however it is now an issue of concern. It just plain hurts when I eat, so I am content not to. Given everything else stressful in my life this isn't helping.

I know that God will heal me and it will pass. I need to have the patience to stick thru the pain and just eat.

Although I don't post, I am hear and listen and pray for you ladies daily.
In His care,
Diane

Post a Comment

Home