Mary, what did you know?
What did Mary know?

I know when both my babies were born I had hopes and dreams for them. None of the dreams I pondered in my heart involved pain and suffering. I have to believe the dreams that Mary had for her baby boy did not include pain and suffering either. Sure, He was going to be the Messiah and the Savior of the world but what could that have to do with suffering.

In our devotion from Encouragement for Today we read Simeon's prophecy of what was to come for this mother. He told her a sword would pierce her soul. I wonder what she did with these words. I wonder if God through His grace spared her soul the full knowledge of what her son would go through in order for her to enjoy and embrace his life on earth. I wonder. I wonder. I will never know. But I do know for her willingness to carry in her body, my promise for eternal life is something that leaves me eternally grateful.

Several years ago a song was written about the wonderings of what Mary knew. Listen to it today with fresh ears and heartfelt gratitude for her gift to the world.





4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

I have to agree with you,I'm so glad that I don't know what is around every bend in the life of my children.

I wrote for my Cristmas post on how Father God knew why His Son came,He knew from beginning to end.

This is one of my favorite songs. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Hi, Wendy.

After my husband read Luke 2 to the children yesterday morning before going downstairs to open gifts, I told them that was my favorite "mommy part" of the scripture...that Mary treasured and pondered the precious things told about her Son.

It really is amazing to wonder about the things that are not told to us in scripture...the mysteries yet unrevealed to us.

A Son was given. The Savior was born.

Thanks, Wendy. Love to you and yours!

Blogger Runner Mom said...

This was a beautiful post, Wendy! Thanks so much. I can't imagine what Mary went through--especially as a mom so young! One day, we can sit a spell with her in Heaven and chat! Thanks for the song--one of my favorites!

Hope that y'all had a wonderful Christmas! I got my chronological study Bible...I'm ready to tackle reading it next year with you! When do we start?

Hugs,
Susan

Blogger Kelly said...

Hi Wendy. Are you the person who is doing the chronological Bible study in conjunction with P31? I got the Chronological Bible for Christmas and am hoping to join you in the Bible study.

Can you send me any information you have at:

chattykelly (at) comcast (dot) net

Thank you!

Post a Comment

Home