No big plans for me this weekend. It is supposed to be beautiful, sunny, and 70. Woo Hoo!
Let's remember to pray for Joy and her family, especially her Daddy. I love the bond we are forming. Question: Who is coming to She Speaks this year? I would love to plan to get together.






10 Comments:
Ah...thank you Wendy...I honestly felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders just reading your request for continued prayer for my family here.
As for "She Speaks"...my heart will be there...does that count? :o) The plan WAS to return again this year, but the economic situation, with my husband being a GM employee, has put a caution on spending. Is registration full yet? I KNOW if God wants me there, He'll provide the way.
I'll be back later to give an update on my Dad, but before I go, I just want to share what spoke to me in today's passage.
We read of Phinehas and his zeal for the Lord. "Zeal" - a feeling of strong eagerness; excessive fervor; readiness; prompt willingness; tireless devotion; diligent enthusiasm.
Oh Father, give me that zeal for You. Romans 12:11 encourages us, "Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord."
Let's be zealous for the Lord today girls!
Love & hugs,
Joy
Joy - I could "hear" the hope and relaxed sound of your voice. May God be with you and your family today and as each new day progresses with your dad. Take care.
In today's reading I noticed that a woman named Serah was mentioned in Asher's lineage. Women/daughters are rarely mentioned in this way in the Bible. I wondered what was special about her. Googling her I found she is quite a legend in the Jewish faith. I would like to know what really is the truth about her and what made her so special?
More yucky weather coming my way in MN....oh well, it's March now...spring is close!
Morgen
Praying for you Joy and your Dad.
I can't believe the beginning of the week we had the biggest snow storm in 8 years. The kids were out of school three days. We were making hot chocolate and watching for frost bite. Today the youth group held a car wash with cold drinks and the kids got sunburn. What's going on? Pray for me girls I have a house of teenager boys and girls for dinner and a movie. I am to be "unseen and unheard but available". Ever had one of those nights. Good thing I hadn't gotten my roots done yet.
I am going to She Speaks and look forward to it.
Have a great weekend ladies,
Diane
This comment has been removed by the author.
Oh, Joy, I pray that just as your words daily encourage us, that knowing sisters from all over the nation are praying for you and your dad will encourage you. You are in our prayers, dear friend.
As for this weekend's reading, I loved seeing how God made provision for the fatherless. He promises He will be there and He was even for the daughters of Zelophehad. How neat that God made this law in order to cover their needs.
As far as She Speaks, I will be attending. Don't worry Wendy, I will have what you need if you are speaking again and run into stomach problems. :-) I would love to meet everyone from this wonderful blog. If we are sharing this much now, I can't wait to see how we are by July.
Hope everyone has a relaxing weekend. Thank you Wendy for another week of incredible teaching!
Joy, I wanted you to know that I have been praying for you and your Dad also. You have been a source of strenght and deligence to me throughout this year of bible reading and I have thanked God repeatedly for your insight.
Now I want to encourage you to praise:
El Shaddai: The All-Sufficient One,
El Roi: God Who Sees (remember Hagar),
Jehovah-Jireh: The LORD Will Provide (He provided a ram for Abraham who was about to sacrifice Isaac)
Jehovah-rapha: The Lord Who Heals
Jehovah-shalom: The LORD Is Peace.
Our God is all of these things and he sees you and will offer you His peace and it will be good! Reflect on his goodness and mercy and you will find your questions resolved.
Yes I will be zealous for my LORD today and forever!
Sheryl - Blessed believer in Amite, LA
Joy,
I left a prayer for you on your blog earlier; my words cannot express how sorry I am that you are going through this. Know that you've got sister's praying for you from all over the nation. God hears each and everyone of us.
I'm so loving this Chronological Bible Study! I thank God each morning for Wendy and all of us seeking to know God better through His Word.
This weekend's readings have been bittersweet...We see how God is faithful to His Word and to His promises. Caleb and Joshua stayed faithful to God; they get to join the new generation and enter into the promised land. I was pained as I read about Moses. We know he is to die, but I'm just not ready to see him go yet. I did find a peace in knowing that are sweet, sweet God, allowed him to "Climb one of the mountains...and look out over the land I have given the people of Israel." Moses was thinking about the people up until the end...rather than being bitter about not getting to walk on the land, he was interested that the people have a new leader. Thinking about those around him, rather than himself. I love Moses!
I loved your snow pictures, Diane! How fun, fun, fun! Hoping you mastered, being unseen! :) The joys of teenagers!!! (I have 2 myself!)
Sister's, enjoy God's rest and peace today! Lori - Mesa, AZ
Joy,
Prayers for your family and The Lord's Peace to you.
Wendy- I will be at she speaks this year, would love to meet you all.
Prayerful
Debra
Hi Friends,
THANK YOU again for all your love and prayers. Your daily messages and comments have been such an encouragement. (Lori, the verse you left on my blog yesterday I wrote out and am carrying with me. It also gave hope to my Mom and sisters. Wish I could contact you directly, but you don't appear to have a blog!)
It's been a difficult weekend. Dad is so weak. He's not eating, drinking. He is so confused. He is still hallucinating. After Dad not recognizing my sister last night I was very nervous about seeing Dad today, but he knew me. I was the only one he seemed to know. His entire body shakes - like involuntary jerks. My Mom and sisters are too afraid to sit with him, but I really believe it's all your prayers giving me strength to stay and sit with him and not be afraid. THANK YOU.
As I was leaving around 5pm tonight, the Dr. had ordered some blood for Dad as well as some intravenous. Hopefully this will have a positive effect and tomorrow will be a better day.
God is able. Oh, what do people do who don't know the Lord? If it wasn't for His strength, I'd be in the bed beside my Dad.
Thanks for journeying with me and walking this road with your Canadian friend.
Love, hugs and prayers,
Joy
Joy,
Glad to hear the update on your Dad. I am also hopeful when I hear you speak of the strenght He has given you in this very difficult time. You are right my friend I don't know how those do it without the love and hope of Christ.
Continued prayers and strenght as you keep your eyes on the Father. To your left and to your right there are sisters standing beside you.
Blessings and hugs,
Diane
P.S. I survived the teens and wasn't seen. Nothing go broken and everyone left happen. Success!
Post a Comment
Home