All In Order
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace
1 Corinthians 14:33

As I read today's reading I was amazed at the order and organization of our Lord. I had to post this scripture from 1 Corinthians. I am utterly amazed (Habakkuk 1:5-cool verse) at our Lord. He never ceases to surprise me. I love that about Him because I am a girl who loves surprises!

The Tabernacle has been built and dedicated. The Priests have been chosen and ordained. The Lord knows what lies ahead-the battles yet to be fought so He asks for a census to be taken. The Lord is now ready to set things in motion for the move to the Promised Land. He tells Moses how to set up the tribes tucking the Tabernacle safely in the middle for the move.

This is so exciting to me. I wanted to get a visual of the formation of the tribes. So in my notebook page for today I drew the formation of the tribes. I want to encourage you to do the same. It really helps me see.

In addition to the organizing the formation of the tribes, He also assigned duties to the Levites. The Levites, you remember where chosen to be in charge of the Tabernacle. I wondered, "Why were they chosen?" As smart as you are, I am sure you may already know this. When Moses came down from Sinai and found the Israelites worshiping the golden calf he asked who was on the Lord's side. The Levites were the only tribe to stand with Moses on the Lord's side. When you stand with the Lord, there is favor. Pretty cool, huh?

I want to live a life of order. With order comes peace. Not as the world gives peace up as God gives it. Right now I sit in my Jesus chair looking around at stacks of stuff everywhere, piles of books on the couch, and dust so thick I could write my name in it.

Lord, help me to be orderly because you are orderly.

P.S. Remember to watch for the special weekend post concerning slavery.




8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too was amazed at the order and organization that God displayed. I hi-lighted "to serve,"
"will also maintain,"
"assign," "carry out the duties," and "responsible to care for." Everyone was kept busy and had a serving position. No hands were idle. Ouch! I think about the time I waste. Lord, help me use my time more wisely. I want to be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit today; I desire to create a peaceful environment in my home today.

Blessings,all! Lori - Mesa, AZ

No....I had never made the connection between the Levites being the priestly tribe and also that they were the only tribe earlier to stand with Moses on the Lord's side! Thank you for pointing that out to me!

Wendy, you do such a great job of commentary work on the Scriptures each day. Thank you!

Marilyn

Blogger Lynn - JnL4God said...

I too like to be orderly. I know there is balance in everything, but even if I have a tremendous amount to do, I feel I can tackle it better if it is in organized piles. :) I can relate with the dust - we have wood floors so dust likes to gather under things. I moved one of the couches to sweep yesterday - they were dust elephants not bunnies. ha ha How does that happen so fast? :)

*Today again I marveled at the vast number of people, and they only counted the males.
*I also think it is so nice to stand with and for our Lord and feel the peace and favor He gives me. The closer I get to the Lord, the more I want to out of obedience and love for Him.
*Looking back at times in my life I now can see that there were times the Lord was gearing me up for a battle. I wish I had known and been more cooperative to His leadings. But don't look back and I'm thankful that I'm getting more alert to His nudges all the time.

Blessings Wendy and friends. Have a blessed Weekend.
Lynn- Milwaukie, Oregon

Blogger Joyful said...

I rejoice in the fact that we have a God of "order". When we even think back to creation, God demonstrated His ultimate process of order, when from utter chaos, an earth that was formless and void, He divided light from dark, divisions of water, land and sea. He took it step by step, and so can we.

I underlined every time a form of the word "responsible" appeared in our reading today. I thought of the responsibilities the Lord has given me. Many of the tasks we read about today in Numbers sounded like 'housework' to me. We read of taking care of the Tabernacle, the coverings and curtains. Caring for the table, lampstands and "various articles". Looking after the structure of frames, pillars and bases. These were maintenance type jobs. Ongoing and unending.

As I pull out my laundry baskets today to clean my "coverings and curtains" am I doing it to please the Lord? As I dust my tables, lampstands and "various articles" am I finding pleasure in serving my family? As my husband and son cut the grass, shovel the snow, repair "frames, pillars and bases" to keep our home structurally sound, is there a joy in providing attention to these details? We have been blessed with so much, yet too often I complain about the responsibility the blessings bring.

Trying to view each task today as God's divine appointment and His high calling designed just for me. Let's not just accept responsibility, but ask God to help us embrace it with delight.

"Rejoice before the LORD your God in everything you put your hand to". Deut. 12:18

Enjoy your day ladies. Looking forward to reading what you are going to share re:slavery tomorrow Wendy.
Blessings,
Joy

Blogger December Rose said...

My nugget for the day is that God placed Himself in the center of all the activity.

To those who were leading, God was encouraging them onward. To those following, God was directing their paths through the unknown. To those on the right, He was walking alongside them in fellowship. To those on the left, He was holding their hands through the rough terrain.

When God is the central, focal point we have a compass to guide us - whether we are in a place of contentment or need.

Changes my outlook on saying, "I want to be in the center of God's will." Rather, I want God to be in the center of my will. Trust me, my will needs a daily compass to guide me on the path of righteousness!

Blogger ctina811219 said...

I too am praying for the Holy Spirit to move me and get organized. But for some reason this time in the word, and letting things go and putting God first and daily walks on the beach is preparing me for whats to come. I am so sure of this! I am so grateful to Wendy and her obedience to God, to lead a group of women to the reading of His Word in one year and help us along the way, get closer and thirst more for Christ.

God Bless You Wendy!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, thank you so much for all you do, leading us through the Bible reading. You have been such a blessing.
Joy, I loved what you said today about how the Levites were doing housework for the Lord. It reminded me that when I do housework it too should be to the Lord. Thank you.
I enjoy all the comments everyday. They add that much more to the study of the scripture.

Elizabeth in Russellville AR

Blogger Lisa Smith said...

Thanks for the visual...I love His fresh words from a story as old as time!!!

And, December Rose, I was just telling someone today how I knew I was on track when I let God be my compass. Thanks for the good word.

Post a Comment

Home