Sorry for the late post this morning. Our family grew yesterday.

Meet Bella Maxine. She is our 7 week old Boykin Spaniel. She does not like to sleep at night. I am sooooo tired. What were we thinking?!
I hope everyone has a great weekend. I hope I get some sleep. (Smile)
20 Comments:
Well, it looks like you have a fun and BUSY weekend ahead!!! Bella sure is cute! Enjoy.
Here is my treasure from God's Word today: "...didn't realize the LORD was at work in this, creating an opportunity..." Judges 14:4
Sometimes we can't see God's Hand. We are so caught up in the now that we are missing God's possibilities. Our limited understanding has placed boundaries around what we can see, and we have forgotten that our God is limitless. God is not confined by the parameters of our thoughts or restricted by the properties that govern our actions. He is infinite. He has incalculable riches, countless hours, an unlimited number of reasons, innumerable options, multitudinous alternatives, a myriad of potential and untold love.
Today my family is coming together around 3:30pm (Eastern time) to pray and seek God's will for decisions that need to be made regarding the care of my Dad. Although the situation looks bleak at best, and often times we are not realizing God's Hand at work in this, we trust that He is creating an opportunity for His Name to be great and glorified through our lives and the life of our precious Daddy.
Would appreciate your prayers today. May the scales from our minds be removed as we seek His direction and trust in the provision He will bring.
Have a wonderful weekend all.
Love & prayers,
Joy
OK Wendy, just had to do a quick pop-in to say my heart is going pitter-patter...you know me and dogs! Oh what an adorable little bundle you've got! You've got an excuse to post later if you wish-- next week! :) Thanks for sharing the pic and I LOVE your necklace!!!
"The Spirit of the Lord began to stir him..." Isn't it awesome to think that we have that same Spirit in us! A song I listen to on my ipod has words "stir me..."
I don't know why but I think of a large wooden (you'll like this Chef Diane :) ) spoon in the kitchen! I think of the spoon stiring me and preparing me to feel God Working in me...Stir me up Lord for you!!! Wack me over the head too, if I need it! :)
Samson wanted to do, what he wanted...Doesn't that sound familar? How many times do I want to keep to "my list." Can't you just see the self-centeredness in the world...many who are distracted by worldy pleasures...it's everywhere and hard for even Christians to stay in God's Will...it's an everyday committment to walk where God leads us. We can give into sin and live in distress...or we can step out in faith and follow God...staying in His Word daily. Seeking Him with all of our hearts...
Oh Lord, stir in my heart today! Empower me with YOU Oh LORD today! It's you I desire and want to focuss on. Keep my thoughts captive to you. Help me love those around me by giving myself and not putting "me first."
In Jesus name, Amen.
Blessings dear girlfriends!
Lori - Mesa, AZ
Joy,
I just read your comments...I love the nugget you shared! I missed that point all together and doesn't it apply to all of us!? The Lord is at work in all of us as we go about are days...He's got the plan, we just don't know what it is! I love your insight...thank you! Will be praying for your family today.
Lori - Mesa, AZ
Debra said...
Back and forth they go, as long as they have a leader they seem to stay out of trouble but as soon as they are on their own they wonder off and get in trouble. It does seem that they never get to the point to where there dependence is solely on God but on the leader, therefore they fall so easily. Reminds me of someone I know, me. I am tearfully remembering from whence I came and how he actually sent a person into my life at a time when I could not even stand and she helped me through. But like the Isrealites I am back again, and I know this time he wants my dependence on him not man. Bad habit of mine.
I ask for prayer for my husband last week, and he does need prayer, but any time I ask for prayer for a loved one the Lord automatically turns the light onto me and says but Debra what about this hate and anger you have in your heart, and Debra whaat about those lies that you tell your husband because you just can't bear the condemnation anymore, Debra why won't you trust me. Ladies I am so broken right now which is a beautiful thing but please pray that the Lord will restore what the enemy has taken and make me whole. I feel my heart beginning to soften and I am beginning to face some untruths in my life, but it hurts so bad. I just want to be whoever God created me to be so I don't feel like such a complete waste. I am reading the book "Broken Into Beautiful" and it is a wonderful book. I hope you all have a blessed and safe weekend
Your sister in Christ,
Debra Tx.
You and Bella are tres belle...and so is that luscious green carpet under your feet! Still surrounded by snow, that truly looks like heaven to me. Puppies are their weight in pure unconditional love...snuggle up!
Another reading full of signs, wonders, miracles and fillings of the Spirit...God transforms the ordinary into the extraordinary...how I love to sit at Abba's knee and learn about my ancestors!
I put a lot in my spiritual basket today, but the one verse I kept going back to was Judges 13:18 "why do you ask my name? For it is too wonderful for you to understand."
As we are learning, we are not meant to understand everything or to have every definition or translation at our fingertips. God really wants us to sit back and enjoy the ride. He showers us with love and miracles too awesome to assign a simple name...and we love him so.
Prayers & blessings my sisters,
Liz
Alaska
Debra TX, what you wrote about your husband sounds like me. I feel your pain. At times I am filled with resentment toward him, and have to continually ask the Lord to remove that from my heart. It's an everyday prayer, because satan can sure wiggle into the cracks and cause that resentment for the way I am treated and talked to. But God is on His throne, and I know he will answer my prayers for him...in His time...(but I want it now)...in His time. Debra, God must be preparing us for some ministry, and this is just the training...as painful as it is. Remember Joseph, how he suffered, but look at his later life...he was so rewarded. Maybe our rewards won't come until we get to heaven, but we have to stay faithful. Remembering you in prayer.
Also Joy, praying for you and yur family today.
Jan TN
Joy, I am lifting you and your family up today as you are making some hard choices. I just ask that the Lord guide you in all your decisions and may you have peace with them.
Debra, I wish I could reach through and give you a big hug. My heart hurts for you. I know for me when I feel the most broken, God has me on the edge of a breakthrough. Joy comes in the morning. Hold tight dear sister, hold tight. Rest in the Lord and trust with all you have.
Wendy, I could just kiss that puppy forever. She is precious and I am sure going to give you a run for your money. Hope you kids are helping with her. But we all know how that is. Maybe you can catch a nap later.
I had a fantastic morning. God, grits and girlfriends that was how I spent my morning. We had breakfast at a new place and the owner and I were talking. I gave her my card, on it I state that my talks are Christ centered. She read that and got choked up, then looked at me and said "you don't know how much I needed Him this morning." I told her to hold on because she was getting ready for a big dose of Jesus with the group coming in. She just really smiled and it was just an awesome connection.
How is God showing Himself to you today?
Diane
I'm just smiling...loving you...loving your ministry to women...loving your service to our King...loving that adorable little puppy!
I'll be praying for you and my baby girl as you express Christ's love together tomorrow morning. I wish I could be there!
I love you dearly!
Bella is TOO CUTE!!!!!
Your sleepless nights will be a distant memory in a few months.
Better you than me. LOL
Love you. Miss you,
Zoe
Wendy,
That is so precious. You look radiant my dear!! Zoe is right it will pass soon. I must tell myself that too, our lab is expecting and due at the end of April. We will have those nights for a while also. Enjoy you new addition.
Joy, I left you a message earlier, thanks for the wisdom. Debra I am praying for you; God is truly faithful in all things-He will show himself mighty to you and your family.
Blessings,
Charlene
Wendy, Look at her cute little puppy belly!!!! Oh, please bring her to the office to see us this week! Please! She is too cute!
Hope you get some sleep!
Love,
Melissa
wendy... is she chewing on your fingers?!?! haha :)) you may want to get a handle on that-
loveit!!!
awww she's so pretty! And so are you!! I'm also wondering what's going on behind you with the basketball hoop...I hope they're holding it forward, and it's not falling forward!
Good Morning! This net-work of dear sisters in Christ brings warmth and encouragement; a closeness that I can not explain. I am thankful that God has brought us together.
Like the tribes of Isreal, they all have one purpose; to live according to God's law. Isn't this much like our group? We all have a common purpose, to read through His word and to grow closer to Him.
I was surprised by the reading this weekend. The tribes of Isreal can work together or even work AGAINST one another. This became so real to me...I have to tell you about what is happening in our little town.
First, the women of our local church's have formed a group that meet once a month. Each month we meet in a different church sharing what we have in common; the love of God. We have praise and worship, devotional, and fellowship over lunch. The group has met 3 times, each in a different church and each meeting keeps getting better.
Secondly, one of the church's felt the need to serve; actually serve the community. Members of the church went to one of the local gas stations (lol, we only have two) and washed your car windows, pumped your gas and invited you to become active in your church of choice. The parking lot was full of Christians fellowshipping together! Just think of what God can do when we allow Him to work with us.
Have a beautiful weekend ladies!
Nancy
lol...I just realized that I read tomorrow's reading...just in case you are wondering what in the world I am talking about. Guess it was so good, I kept on reading. hehehe
Morning Sisters...This is the day the LORD has made; let's be glad and rejoice in it!....Nancy I loved your first paragraph and that is exactly how I feel. ditto, sister!
I love what your community is doing. That's exactly where it is at...Christians coming together and serving and enjoying God. Like Diane's breakfast experience...just letting God shine out wherever we happen to be. That is how we can share the love affair we have with those around us. The world needs to see a little (a lot) more of this going on.
We have an on-going lunch-bunch that meets every Tues. We all have kids about the same age and that is how we initially got connected. But, we all attend different churches, and have been drawn to each other because each
one of us is a Christian. This past fall a couple of us attended Bible Study at one of the sister's churches...it was an awesome experience for me---joining a different group of ladies at "their" Christian church and studying God's Word with them...getting involved too in some of their service projects as they came up. Nancy, I love your monthly idea!
Debra (TX) and Jan...I'm so sorry for your environment and wish I could take all of your anger, and resentment away...God can tho...Knowing that God is overseeing the large pic and thinking that you are in His hands...Staying in God's Word...like Jan said, He's preparing you for something!
Debra, ya know how you said that you want to "pray for your husband... then God turns the light back to you" Have you read "The Power of a Praying Wife" by Stormie Omartian? She talks about what you are going through in her book... You can simply go to God to ask a ask him, tell Him exactly what you are feeling...He already knows because He knows everything...it's ok to tell Him all about your anger towards your husband...ask Him to show you how to deal with it. Ask him to show you little ways to get you through each day. Little steps...keep reading God's Word...that is the only way. Maybe too, find a good scripture...say it over and over to yourself...when the thoughts come...I'm just so sorry you are going through this. I'm praying for you.
Brandee, hoping that health is surrounding you all this week at your house.
Ya know how we pray that we want our children to be a blessing "to others." Anyway, that has been one of my prayer's....well God, whispered the "turn-around" to me awhile back...I've been praying specifically to show me ways that I can bless my family...This was a total God moment...because we all know...'well I do millions of things everyday to bless my family!!!' Our lists of everything we each do would take up sheets...and here God was telling me to look for ways to bless my family! {I was thinking I blessed them all day long before...what more could I do]
Oh my gosh....praying this simple prayer....Lord, show me how I can bless my husband today...show me how I can bless my children today....God began whispering little secrets into my heart...little things to do that would show them the love I have towards them...Letting my thoughts be on blessing "others." I'm a serving and encouraging person by nature...it's just who I am...but, God has shown me even how I can give love more and the blessings I've received have been beyond my beliefs!
Praying for the following husband's salvation:
Dave & (Lori)...John (Brandee), Geno (Charan), Jim (Jan), Ken
(Karen) and Jim (Debra)...
Joy, Praying that some hard decisions were guided your way yesterday by God...praying for your strength each day, to get through another day. Praying that he grants you wisdom to see what you cannot see.
The chapters were so applicable to today's living...I love the lessons we are receiving through the O.T. Samson followed his own fleshly desires...which always leads us away from God. The Danites were not happy enough with the land God had allotted to them...This was one of the reasons why they failed in battle. If they only would have listened to God and stayed put...but, oh know they wanted better...[how many people today want bigger and better and then find themselves in debt!] then, they would not have become involved with idol worship by entering the house of Micah. One sin leads to another sin...and before you know it, you are deep in a pit covered with filth. The secret...staying in God's word. :)
Loving each one of you ladies...
enJOY today!!!
Blessings,
Lori - Mesa, AZ
I thank you ladies for your thoughts and prayers. I have been dealing with a stomach virus and yesterday was a really bad day. Plus, I was reading David Jeremiah's word of encouragement and he was talking about when we have hidden sin in our hearts God does not hear our prayers and it just broke my heart to think that the Lord wasn't hearing me when I cry out to him. I've already had one father that did not value me and the thought of my Heavenly Father not hearing me was just too much for me to bear at that time. I am feeling better today and I am a bit more rational. I know my Father loves me and he is with me through all of this, but I still need to let him help me deal with what I have been harboring in my heart. Jan in TN I will definitely be lifting you up in prayer also and I thank you for your wisdom. Lori I have that book sitting on my shelf, I will get it and begin to read it, thank you, Diane I received your hug, what a blessing, and Charlene thank you for your prayers. You ladies are such a treasure in a time of need, and Wendy even though I am not a huge dog person, Bella is adorable and I LOVE the name. I actually have two labs at home and they own the house, it's a new experience for me. Next time we get dogs they will definitely go to obedience school.
I am so enjoying reading God's Word with all of you. I have never experienced His Word like this before. It's a story unfolding before me that before I could never really grasp completely. It is amazing how you read about it then and it's so easy to tie it into what is going on now in Israel. I hope someday to be able to go to Israel and see where Jesus was and will be again.
You all enjoy the rest of your day,
Debra TX
Just wanted to jump in and let you all know that I am still reading along with you and to ask for prayer to refresh my commitment - I have gotten 3 days behind, but will catch up tonight! I had an awesome weekend at a Beth Moore Conference in NO, LA this weekend with a group of 25 ladies from my church and community! Beth just sets me on fire for the Word of God! It was just fabulous and she called for us to be equipped through bible study and prayer and gratefullness to minister to those around us and hold each other accountable.
Debra in TX - praying for you. My husband is a beleiver but doesn't honor God with his time and Jesus is not the Lord of his life. I understand the many of the frustrations you feel - remember, God is FOR you, not against you. That means not just that he does not want bad for you but that He wants GOOD for you. I have also prayed that God would bless and magnify all aspects of my relationship with my husband that are authored by the Holy Spirit and that he would smash and destroy all aspects of my marriage that are not authored by the Holy Spirit! God has proven himself faithful in this!
As I have continued to follow the blog and be in prayer for so many of you I hope to offer encouragement as you have encouraged me! Your insight into God's Word has amazed me and I am learning so much. I think of the Bible as God revealing his heart to his children and I am so joy-filled to be getting to know his heart more everyday! Thank you to each of you for your diligence and transparency and thank you Wendy for you steadfast obedience - Hugs - hugs - HUGS!
Blessed Believer
Sheryl in LA
PS - Wendy, I am a dog-person and I love the photo with Bella! She will bring you many years of joy and will be so worth the difficulty of the puppy years!
My 8YO daughter is actually playing the part of Toto in the Wizard of OZ play at her school Tuesday night!
Sheryl
If it makes you feel any better, I was three days behind today also.
Thanks for your comments.
Wendy
Post a Comment
Home