Welcome Back Me
I have returned from an amazing weekend of fellowship and worship with the women of Stonewater Church in Granbury, Texas. Thank you Stonewater Women for an awesome Ignite '09.

I also thank the Lord for the opportunity serve Him and meet new sisters in Christ. I praise Him for safety for my family and me.


11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ladies,

Welcome back Wendy - sounds like you had another amazing weekend!

I am just regrouping after finishing painting our first baby's nursery. We are expecting Sept 2 - we don't plan to find out if it's a boy or girl - we are happy with whomever God chooses to bless us with :)

A quick question girls - are any of you reading the NIV version? I am a bit confused about why a different translation is so out of sync with your NLT. My current readings are filled with many psalms and several of the readings listed for the NLT are in May for me. Since it's the same publisher -any thoughts on why the order is so different?


Thanks to Karen, I now know where to find the readings that match your bible and will read along that way. Again - enjoying journeying with you all so much.

Jodie

Blogger Wendy Pope said...

Jodie
This would be a great question for Tyndall House. They have a representative that is in charge of the NLT. She even has blog. Go to their website to find her contact information. Email her or post the question on her blog. Let us know what you find out. This is confusing.
Wendy

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Welcome back Wendy!

Glad things went well and the word of the Father was shared and received.
Amen
Diane

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy glad your back safe & sound and that it was a Blessed event.
Today's reading struck me how David's sin played out. He saw Bathsheba, called for her, had sex with her, she got pregnant, he tried to fix it not once but twice and then chose the final blow. Isn't that how sin is once you commit that first sin it just buffaloes on you. Boom, and then those terrible consequences. The loss of a son and more.....
Through the reading of the Word I am finally learning to question the things that I do and to go to the Lord before I make decisions. Not always of course, it's a work in progress. I have pretty much lived my life not thinking that the Lord really cared about the small stuff. Now, I know that is far from the truth. I am so grateful for this group of women and the opportunity to read through the Word with you. I feel the changes taking place in my life everyday.
I thank God for you Wendy and what he is doing through you for all of us.
I have a prayer request: My 40 yr. old nephew has been diagnosed with Melanoma. He had a mole come up just a couple of months ago and when he went to have it removed they also checked his Lymph Nodes and it has already spread to the Nodes. Which means we have no idea where else it could already be. We are devastated. He has 3 prescious children and a great wife and we don't want to lose him, but it is serious. Please pray fervently for him and his family. He begins his treatment tomorrow, plus we are going to look for a good nutritional routine for him and fight it that way too. It gives me great comfort to know that I have access to all of you Prayer Warriors.
I don't post much, but I am with you everyday reading God's Word and reading all of your post.
Diane, I am so sorry for your pain, I have been through it and I know how hard it is, I hung on to Romans 8:28 and it is so true, you will see in time. I hope you feel all the hugs you are getting.

I luv all you guys,
Debra Tx.

Blogger Joyful said...

Wendy, rejoicing with you that you had such a wonderful weekend and that you are back safe and sound.

Debra, I will pray for your nephew and his family. Does he know the Lord as his personal Savior? So thrilled to read how you are calling on the Lord more and more. I wrote a post on my blog recently entitled, "Sweat the Small Stuff". God is concerned about the smallest detail in our lives and in His Word.

Today as I pondered David on the roof...besides thinking he had far too much free time on his hands for a king...I was challenged by my "rooftops". What are the things that tempt me to sin? Where/what is my 'rooftop'? What entices and lures me away inviting a breeze of surrender to sin? It might feel good and refreshing for a moment, but it's preceeding a deadly storm.

Praying for strength to keep off the 'roof',
Joy

Anonymous Debra said...

Joy,
I am pretty sure he knows the Lord, we have had many discussions and he seems to have a good understanding. I will be spending time with him though so I will definitely be asking him questions and making sure he has definitely accepted Christ as his Lord & Savior. Thanks for your prayers and concerns.

Debra Tx

Anonymous Jan Hobbs said...

There are so many of us sisters that are hurting from one thing or another...family crisis' ...and what have you. In '99 my husband had to have open heart surgery and returned to the hospital 2X before he started getting better. We had about 100 sheep that were lambing during this time, and I ended bringing new born lambs into the kitchen to warm them up...it was 0* outside...then having to bottle feed them because their mothers rejected them. A neighbor took care of them while we were in the hospital, thank God for her. My SIL called me and asked me if I had a certain song, and would I send her the words she wanted to give to a friend.

That song turned out to be my lifeline to the Father. Many times I would sit at the piano and play it with the words going through my head with tears running down my face. I want to copy the words for those of you that are going through trials and troubles. Pay attention especially to the 2nd verse.

HE GIVETH MORE GRACE
by Hobert Mitchell

1)He giveth more grace when the burdens grow greater,
He sendeth more strength when the labors increase.
To added affliction He addeth His mercy,
To multiplied trials, His multiplied peace.

2)When we have exhausted our store of endurance,
When our strength has failed ere the day is half done,
When we reach the end of our hoarded resources, Our Father's full giving is only begun.

Chorus
His love has no limit,
His grace has no measure,
His power has no boundary
Known unto men,
For out of His infinite riches in Jesus, He giveth, and giveth, and giveth again.

Joy, Diane, MaryW in SC, and any others who need it, this is for you. His giving never stops... just open your arms and He will fill it with His grace....you WILL make it...He won't fail you.

Jan TN

Anonymous Debra said...

Thank you for the lyrics Jan, I sent them to my sister and nephew.

Debra Tx

Blogger Melissa Terry said...

Wendy,

I enjoyed meeting you in Granbury this weekend and I pray God continues to give you grace for your blog assignment :) We were so blessed and grateful for the word you shared.

Many Blessings,

Melissa Terry

Blogger Lissa Michelle said...

Wendy,
Thank you so much for sharing your sweet spirit with us in Granbury. I had such a great time and learned a lot from your softly spoken experiences and wisdom. Thank you for bringing me closer to Christ this weekend.
Lissa

Blogger js said...

Thank you again Wendy for sharing your heart with us! God has such a great calling on your life. It's been wonderful getting to know you. Hope to see you again soon!

Post a Comment

Home