God says, " At the time I have planned." Psalm 75:2b
Asaph, the composer of Psalm 75 as well as many other Psalms was the choir director for King David. He obviously was fully aware of God's faithfulness to and provision for God's people. He was a loyal servant to David as well as a talented and gifted composer. In Psalm 75 Asaph interprets what the Lord says to those who are wicked and proud. I want to pause on the phrase "At the time I planned..." The is a phrase worthly of a pause. Yes, Asaph tells of all God will do judge the wicked and avenge the innocent but there is much more to be said about our key verse.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything under the sun, on the earth and under earth. He has a special plan for His children. We can rest assured that in due time God will bring to fruition all He has planned. Power verses to support these truths are popping in my head like popcorn.
- Psalms 33:11, "But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations."
- Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."
- Ephesians 2:10, "For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."
- Philippians 1:6, "Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
- 1 Peter 5:6, "Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time."
What greater assurance can we have for our future than the Word of the Lord which stands firm and passes the test of time! Read these verses of hope aloud and allow God to minister to your heart, the place where questions and concerns about your future make themselves at home. The Lord spoke the world into place. There is no power like that of the spoken word. Reading these verses can asassinate the enemy's attempt to steal, kill, and destroy the future that the Lord has planned for you.






6 Comments:
Waiting on God's timing and plans. Not always easy. Wendy, your writing goes hand in hand with mine today on trust.
I focused on Psalm 78:21,22,32b. "When the LORD heard them, he was furious. The fire of his wrath burned against Jacob. Yes, his anger rose against Israel, for they did not believe God or trust him to care for them...Despite his wonders, they refused to trust him."
Did you see the cause of the Lord's anger? The people's lack of trust. *Ouch*
Wondering.
When the Lord hears me speaking...is He furious? Do my words flow from a heart of belief? Does the fire of His wrath burn against me because of my lack of trust? Does His anger rise because I do not take Him at His Word? Do I truly believe He will care for me? Do I accept His Word and claim His promises? Despite His wonders evidenced in and around me, I still refuse to trust Him.
Trust involves surrendering my concerns and resting in God's provision and promises. Trust requires relinquishing control. Letting go and leaning on the Lord. It's so easy to say I trust God, but where is that faith evidenced in my life?
Is it in the anxiety I have over my own health?
Is it demonstrated in my worry over my parents?
Is it in questioning how finances will fund my Dad's continual care?
Is it in sleepless nights concerned about my husband's job in this economy?
Is it walking seven flights of stairs daily, not for need of exercise, but nervous of elevators?
Is it saying 'no' to opportunities because of personal inadequacies?
Is it in my tight grasp of friends, afraid of lonliness?
Is it in my insecurity that love will last?
Is it in my fear to step outside my comfort zone and follow His dreams for me?
Is it in the over-protection and restriction I place on my son?
Is it in living my life in the "safe zone" and not the "faith zone"?
Lord, You must often be so furious with me. I don't trust You to care for me. Your care doesn't mean that hardships won't hit, but it means You will never leave me or forsake me. Your care is purposeful, to conform me to Your likeness. Trials do not indicate that I have stepped outside Your concern or attention. Trust is determined in the storm. Trust is the peace and assurance that accompanies the crashing waves. Trust is not continually searching the horizon for the next winds to blow.
Trust is still a new dialect for me. One I don't speak well or often. Like any foreign language, it must be practiced to be perfected.
Lord, my heart's desire is to rest in You so completely, that some day I will be able to speak this language fluently.
Longing and learning to trust,
Joy
Thank you for those scriptures Wendy - I will ponder them as I prepare for my procedure next week Monday. Such timely verses!!!
Be blessed all!
Chanan, Bahamas.
Lord Jesus I thank you this morning for speaking to me through Wendy and ministering to my heart. What a gift it is to hear and feel your word so powerfully yet with such a loving touch.
I thank you as well for Wendy's obedience to you as she continues to seek your will in guiding this study, and I pray protection around her as she leads us deeper into relationship with you.
I praise you Lord Jesus for the sisterhood you have created for all of us on this journey that we are coming to know one another in you and through you. You are Our God, and you are Most Awesome.
Lifting my hands to you in thanksgiving for my soothed and strengthened heart this morning,
Liz
Alaska
Thank you Joy. God used you and your ability with words to really speak to my heart today. Life is always changing and with each change comes a new challenge to trust God. Remind me Lord to trust you in everything. Amen.
Morgen
Wendy and Joy, thank you for the Words you wrote today that reflect all our struggles.
I was hit hard by Asaph's words in Psalm 77:1-10 where he questions why God has allowed the trials and suffering in His life. However, in verse 11, he states the answer to his own questioning, "But then I recall all you have done, O Lord; I remember your wonderful deeds of long ago."
How often do we need to turn our thoughts toward ALL that the Lord has brought us through in the past, including those who have gone before us. Why do we think that we are any different? That somehow God will let us go is a lie from the evil one, yet we concern ourselves with this so often.
When we, like Asaph, begin to forget God's faithfulness, may we remember ALL that He has done and as verse 19 sweetly proclaims, "Your road led through the sea, your pathway through the mighty waters - A PATHWAY NO ONE KNEW WAS THERE!"
God always makes a way!
Sweet Monday to all of you!
Good Afternoon!!!
Oh, what insight you have all been to me this afternoon...Thank you, thank you!!!
If we would just remember to to praise our God when confronted by problems. His Word tells us He will never fail or abandon us. ---Heb. 13:5.
I loved how Psalm 75:9 refers to God, as the God of Jacob.
God blessed Jacob. Esau was going to murder his brother Jacob, over the birthright. When Esau threatened to kill Jacob, he left home to live with his uncle. 20 years later when Esau received word that Jacob was returning home, Esau went out to meet him w/ 400 of his servants. It looked like Esau would now kill Jacob in order to regain his birthright. This threat led Jacob to pray all night, after which God blessed him and gave this man of God, a new name -Israel. God blessed Jacob, the man of faith, who spent a night in prayer. This is a lesson to me too: I could sure spend more time each day, praying.
Rather than "woe is me" and "it's not fair" I should always remember that my God is so great! 77:13 - Our God is mighty and powerful! Help me remember Lord, that You are longing for me to trust You and to look beyond my human resources to Your all-sufficient supply! You are never-failing! I can rest in the promises of Your Word. Slowly, but surely, dear sisters...I'm coming to realize that when I get discouraged about my own situations and circumstances that are beyond my control...I should sit back and count my blessings and remember just how powerful my God really is!
Enjoy the day sweet girlfriends!
It's 107 now! Rain is predicted for this week! Yahoo! It never rains here, so it's always a treat!
Lori - AZ
Post a Comment
Home