That Day
"In that day you will sing, 'I will praise you, O LORD!'"
Isaiah 12:1


The phrase "in that day" jumped off the page with a shout. I had to read Isaiah 12:1 several times. I thought I had missed something. "What day?" I asked myself. My question took me back to the close of chapter 11, perhaps you went there, too. After rereading Isaiah 11:10-16 I can see why Isaiah's words shouted to me. He even ended the statement with an exclamation point.

An exclamation point is a punctuation mark used to indicate strong feeling or high volume. Isaiah and the people of Judah had an excellent reason to speak with strong feeling and high volume. The prophecy spoke of the deliverance for the people. The end to war. The end to oppression. The end to pain and suffering.

Can you relate to this type of celebration? Anyone who have been set free from the yoke of war, oppression, pain, and/or suffering can share in the emotion of these prophetic words. I have experienced deliverance from these yokes and my expression to the Lord was very similar to that of the people of Judah. Not only was it prophesied that they would sing upon deliverance they would also:
  • Trust in Him and not be afraid
  • Say the LORD is my strength and my song
  • Drink deeply from the fountain of salvation (I love that!-deeply!)
  • Tell others what He had done
  • Proclaim how mighty He is
  • Make known His praise
Do you feel like celebrating? I do. "For great is the Holy One of Israel who lives among you." (v6) He is our Deliverer!




5 Comments:

Anonymous Lori said...

Wendy~ Love the, My deliverer song you left us with. I recently put this album on my ipod.

I can definitely relate to this type of celebration! I look forward to the day tho, that when I'm in the middle of a "situation," that I could whole-heartily trust in the LORD. Transform me Lord, I'm way not there yet! "I will trust and not be afraid." He is my Yahweh! The LORD is my strength! "For with you is the fountain of life" Psalm 36:9...the visual of a "fountain"...water pouring out---letting us drink deeply-never running dry! To be able to shout it from the mountain tops...Our mighty God! Praise the Lord, dear sisters! God is magnificent!
Oh, to hold on to these verses and plant my feet firmly on the Rock; that is my desire.

As God moves into our lives and as we seek to witness to others, the devil is right there with his darts ready to shoot! He will do anything to frustrate God's Will and try to discourage our faith. Lord, I give you my whole heart; it is You I desire to follow today.

Blessings & prayers coming your way, Lori - AZ

PS Joy & Diane, extra prayers coming your way. Hugs!

Blogger Chanan said...

Love that song Wendy, thanks for sharing.

I can sing of the Lord's praises forever for he has brought me a mighty lonnnnggg way!!!! He continues to fulfill his promises to always be with me, to heal,deliver,provide,secure......and he ask so little of us. He is truly faithful and abounds in unfailing love!!! I leave this scripture with you all as I have proven this over and over again!!!

"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."
Luke 6:37-39 NIV

Be blessed all!
Chanan, Bahamas.

Blogger Joyful said...

Wendy, I was listening to Mandisa on my son's IPOD around noon today. Thank you for helping my mind to refocus on all that I need to celebrate today, instead of my worries and concerns.

This morning I wrote about a "Desperate Housewife". "Then she will think, 'I might as well return to my husband, for I was better off with him than I am now.'" Hosea 2:7

Choosing the lesser of two evils, as the saying goes. Resigning oneself to a decision based on comparison and desperation. A hopeless situation forces a choice to be made. Neither option is desirable, but one might just seem a little more favourable.

My Mom stood at that crossroad yesterday. Tired and exhausted after learning that Dad was turned away from yet another long term care facility, and feeling that she could not expect her three daughters to continue the daily visits and travel to visit Dad, Mom made a decision. A decision that shocked me completely when I received word of what is to come. My Mom is bringing my Dad home.

This decision from a lady who only days ago was crying on the phone with me, saying she could never bring Dad home. She was feeling pressure from others to remove Dad from the hospital and she was distraught and overwhelmed. Now this announcement. My head is spinning.

Being out of town for a few days right now with my husband and son, it wasn't until later last night I had opportunity to reach Mom on the phone and speak with her. I believe she has made a decision fraught with urgency. With the summer upon us and my sisters and I planning holidays with our families, I feel Mom has acted in haste, thinking the only possible solution for her to continue to see Dad daily is to bring him home. A decision made out of desperate need.

Do you ever turn to God out of an extreme need or hopelessness? God will accept you regardless of the way you come, but how the longs for us to seek Him out of thankfulness and love. He isn't the better choice of two options. He is always the best choice.

Friends when you read this, will you pray for my Mom and our family?

I want to join with Isaiah and be able to say,
"I will trust in him and not be afraid.
The LORD GOD is my strength and my song;
he has given me victory."
"Sing to the LORD, for he has done wonderful things." Is.12:2,5

Father, how I pray this will turn out to be not just a wonderful thing, but God's desire for our family.
Trusting Him,
Joy

Blogger Brandee said...

Miss you all! Should be back on here soon. We are finishing up Will's book this week and we are going to start doing just a simple daily devotion in the morning. God is honoring what I am giving up here lately and really growing me and leading me into His plan for me. I am celebrating with you all! God is so wonderful!

Guess what- my husband is listening to Meredith Andrews in his car! PTL!!! I acc
idently left my CD in there when I was running errands on Saturday and on Monday he must have been listening to it on his way home from work because he asked me who it was because he said he though she was really good and could sing really well. I caught him humming one of the songs last night at dinner :) God is so good, He is working!

Blessing and Hugs~
Brandee

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Joy, lifting up and your family in prayer. That the Lord reveal His plans for your father. That your family have peace with God's plan and His timing. May He grant you strength to continue on this journey and bring comfort to your hearts. May His rain, refresh, renew and restore your soul. I pray this in Jesus name - Amen!

Speaking of rain - we could use a little here in Ottawa, Canada. Thanking God for a/c today as the temp hit 40 celcius here (about 104F).

Jodie

Post a Comment

Home