"When he sits on the throne as king, he must copy for himself this body of in instruction on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests. He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives.
Deuteronomy 17:18-19
Deuteronomy 17:18-19
My Take Aways
Something Old:
Reading the book of instruction has benefits: teaches me to fear the Lord, avoid pride, and prevents me from turning from his commands.
Something New:
Deuteronomy 16:18-21
The foundation of a justice system.
Something to Do:
Keep my book of instruction with me at all times. Read it daily as long as I live.






28 Comments:
Good evening/early morning. Posting early because tomorrow I'm accompanying my son's class to one of the California missions. It's a 4th grade rite of passage around here. Thanks everyone for your prayers for him. He's so excited to ride for his 1st train ride he couldn't sleep!
The readings today reminded me of our pastor's series on King Solomon. Particularly God's admonition for the king to not multiply horses, women nor wealth. We will see later how violating God's instruction affected him in his latter years. It is also sad that as God predicted in Deut 17:14-15 that they would want a king like the other nations. God did not intend for them to have anyone else but Him to rule over them but He gave them what they wanted. Again we shall see later that there were very few good kings who ruled over them. Be careful what we wish for.
The other thing I want to share is God's command to have the king write himself a copy of this law in a book Deut 17:18. In my Koinonia class, one of the instructors Dan Stolebarger said when he read this the Holy Spirit asked him, "why don't you do that?" So in obedience he is handwriting his own bible. The day that made an impact on him was when his young son saw what he was doing and asked if he could have that bible after his Dad is gone. So he started writing notes on the margin for his boys. It's been a 7 year project. He just finished the Psalms. Wouldn't that be an awesome thing to pass to our children?
Well I gotta go to bed, too. Have a blessed day, everyone. I look forward to reading your comments. Love the fellowship we have here where we can all lift each other's needs to the Lord.
Just popping back after reading yesterday's comments to add prayers for Susan's grandchild, Kyan. Praying for healing for the little guy. May they find the right combination of diet & meds to make him feel better.
Jeanne, your mama sounds like she had her priorities right. What an awesome woman. If my boys would have memories of me the way you have of your mama, then I would have done my job. I can't wait to meet her. (((HUGS)))
Ok now I'm really going to bed. I listen to the vlog as I sleep. Didn't I say my day begins and ends with this blog? :)
Please keep my son in your prayers. After two years of student loans and not being able to get a job in his field( everyone wants experience), he has an interview today.
Concerning the pork question. I heard a commentary once that the banning of pork may be because the lack of food preservation then made it harmful. Also in the New testament the gentiles didn't have to be circumcised either.
Good morning from finally not rainy New England :)
Hear hear, Wendy! Staying in the Word is soooo important. He is my shield from anxiety, He is my refuge, He is the lamp unto my feet. It's turning out to be another tumultuous week, both at work with my students, and at home with all my daughter's swirling issues of finishing grad school, getting married, moving, job hunting, etc., not to mention issues with aging parents on both sides. Staying in the Word with you, Wendy, and all you wonderful GIG's has helped me stay relatively peaceful, hopeful, cheerful and grateful for all my many blessings. Things are in His hands, not mine. I just need to obey and do what He has assigned me to do to the best of my ability, and that is what I am trying to do
My prayers went up this morning to all those who have requested them, plus a "bless them all, Lord" in case I forgot anyone!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Peace,
Michelle in New England
P.S. Wendy, I'm so glad your dog is better. Was it a "this too shall pass" situation, ha ha? We've been through several of those with our dog, Mac. I hope you have a good day, Wendy!
Me again. After I posted I put on Pandora Radio and one of my favorite hymns, "It is well" came on. Here it is on YouTube by an awesome singer. Enjoy!
www.Youtube.com/watch?v=sYFjikyp7mQ
I hope this works!
Good morning all, and Happy St. Paddy's Day :) I am up before heading to work in an effort to start my day with the Word - 3am comes mighty early and this has been a struggle for me up to this point.
Anyway, I got another LOAD of goodness from today's reading! So grateful for his blessing in this way.
My old/new was 20:4,8 "for the Lord your God is with you! He will fight for you against your enemies and he will give you victory!"
"Is anyone here afraid or worried? If you are, you may go home before you frighten anyone else".
We MUST trust in God, and be careful if we do have doubts, who is around to hear them, and how that may affect their faith.
My new is 17:20 - as Wendy pointed out, that when a king was appointed that he is to regularly read and COPY these instructions! I know I may forget things I read, but generally if I write them down, they're staying in my head. I also liked that "this...will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens." That he is just a human in a leadership role, and should not regard himself, nor be regarded as anything greater than that. The Lord is the one we worship and the ultimate authority.
My study bible notes point out that this was a Suzerain-Vassal covenant, which was common in those lands at the time. This type of covenant describes the relationship between a great king and one of his subject kings. "The vassal pledged absolute loyalty to his suzerain - whatever service his suzerain demanded - and exclusive reliance on the suzerain's protection." They often called each other "lord" and "servant" or "father" and "son".
Interesting to see how that SHOULD have gone.
Ack! I have to wrap this up so I'm not late. Can't wait to see what you guys pull out when I check back later :)
Don't forget your green!
Good Morning GIGs,
Happy St. Patrick's Day! I told Will last night he better wear green today or I might just have to pinch him :)
Wendy I loved what you pointed out today and I had wrote about that in my journal as well. It is so important to keep God's Word in our hearts and close by at all times. I heard someone say a few years ago about how we always take our cell phones with us where ever we go and are never without it. Why don't we do that with God's Word, it is THE most important communication we have to hear from God. After I heard that I decided to get a small Bible that would fit in my purse that I now carry where ever I go. It was like your story in the car. I just don't want to be without it.
My other nugget was from Deut 20 and God giving them regulations for war and saying not to be afraid, He was going with them. I just love that because He tells us the same thing. He is with us in every battle we fight and He will give us victory as we keep looking to Him!
Thank you all for your prayers. They gave me strength yesterday. My son and I spent the day with friends shopping to get them summer clothes. It was so much fun and we stopped and ate at Rainforest Cafe. So many things were tempting but I got chicken salad NOT on the bread and I drank water :) I made it the whole day with no chocolate or soda or sugar. One day at a time is how I have to do it. God really placed on my heart for me to stay well to stay off the gluten and the sweets. I have not done well to this point, but yesterday was a day in victory and I thank you all for your prayers on my behalf. It is hard :) I am praying for Kyan, Blair and John, and Mia this morning.
Love you GIGs, have a blessed day!
Brandee, TN
Top o' the morning to ya! Happy Wednesday! Praying for all as we journey together in the Word!
1)heard in a new way; Deuteronomy 18:10 Lord you bring up not to practice witchcraft,sorcery etc that this is detestable thing to You. Lord only you can be the teller of events.
2)did not know; Deuteronomy 17:18,19 The king must write down the words(law) of the Lord, keep & read them daily. Lord this is important, for how can I know what You want in my life, if I don't study what You have to say.
3)nugget; Lord thank you for the honor of being able to study Your words! Thank You Lord for the freedom to study them!
Let the discernment of Your Spirit rule in my life!
Enjoy this day the Lord has made!
Blessings & Peace on all,
Mary
Good morning, girls!
I, too, loved the guidelines for the king in Deut 17. I'm applying it to myself but I've also felt nudged to pray this for my my husband and boys (ages 5, 8).
Love, love the feast of daily nuggets on this blog! It's like a church potluck where everyone brings goodies to share. You ladies are amazing! Thanks to you all for being faithful to share what God is giving you....it blesses so many others!
Press in and press on....
Tiffany, TX
Good Morning all,
What a great reading today.
Wendy, I loved what you pulled out also. It made me really stop and think! :)
My nugget came from Deut 18:10-13. And do not let your people practice fortune-telling, or use of sorcery, or interpret omens, or engage in witchcraft, or cast speels, or function as mediums or psychics, or call forth the spirits of the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord.....But you must be blameless before the Lord your God!
This made me think about when I read the paper and look at my horoscope...oh my! I felt so convicted. Not that I actaully believe in them but I do read them and then say well it looks like it will be a good day.
Everyday before I read I ask God to bring a nugget out of the reading to apply to my life and he is ever so faithful to me! :)
Praise the Lord!! God is good!
Have a great day everyone!
Amanda
PS I eat pork as well...and yesturday I did underline that so that I could do some further research later when I get time. I do believe that when Jesus came and the New Testament was written it changed what we were to live by. Just my thoughts!
Happy Wednesday, and don't forget your green! Yikes, I don't think I own anything kelly-green, so it'll just have to be a 'shade' of green! :)
Wendy, what you said really hit me. I have never been one to carry my Bible 'out' with me. Except to church and Bible Study...but, last year, I gradually became more 'brave' and began taking it with me when I new I had an appointment where I'd have reading time...normally, I'd tuck some magazines or my current book in my bag. But, God's word was what I WANTED to read...He was placing that desire in my heart. It was not my own doing, that is for sure. And, what I found to be true, was the doors that it opened! I can't tell you how many conversations got started because people around me saw me reading the Bible. And, you know I would not leave without my cell,like Brandee said, but it should be my Bible that is first on my mind! I do keep my spiral index cards with scriptures close hand tho!
Again, we read today about what happens to us when we turn towards Egypt: our heart will grow farther from the LORD. His Word tells us to "read it daily as long as [we] live" (17:19) & "regular reading" (17:20).
I loved the fortelling of the coming of Jesus in Deut. 18.
God has provided us with this Word. He is showing us how sweet it is to dig deep and spend time with Him regularly - digesting it into us, every single day. Changing us bit by bit, and we don't even know it sometimes! Hallelujah!
Ya'll let's cling to God and make it a day of living in victory! Love you, Lori
PS Lifting up prayers for ya'll - Linda, Kristin & Brandee. O Lord, like David, help these sweet ladies rejoice in Your strength and say of You, "How great is my joy in the victories You give!" Father, please grant them the desire in their heart to be free from the foods their bodies can not tolerate. May Christ's glory be great!
Happy St. Patty's Day Everyone!! I am home with my kids today on Spring Break and am looking forward to maybe going to the parade downtown with them. Hopefully we get some sunshine today.
My nugget for today like so many others was from Deut.17:18-20. As God told the King to read the scroll of instruction daily, I too must read God's Word daily so that I may keep his commands and draw nearer to him everyday.
I am so grateful for this study and the opportunity to read God's word with so many women of God.
Hope you all have a great day!!
Hey, ya'll! It's been a few days since I've posted, but I have loved the reading today and your comments. Michelle, I pulled up the Wintley Phipp's You Tube and just rejoiced in the words and His voice! What a blessing--thank you!
My nugget was also in chpt 17--taking my Bible with me everywhere! I have a cute pink one that fits into my pocketbook, but the writing is so tiny, I need 500 strength reading glasses to see the words!!! Mercy!
I want to encourage my family to read His Word each day. That's my prayer concern. We need that Spiritual Bread everyday--not just on Sunday.
Thank you GIGs! Today is my 20th wedding anniversary, so I praise Him for a wonderful husband and marriage! Y'all have a great day!
Hugs!
Susan
Hi Everybody,
Wendy and Everyone….A very much appreciated thank you on the Pork question I asked yesterday. Truthfully, I was hesitant about asking…..but all of you make me feel so comfortable….so God nudge me and pressed the keys. …Like you said Wendy he gives us rules and guidelines and he knows what is best for his children. Wendy I have been feeling a more sense of peace in myself…being in his word everyday…..your so right….Love your idea about taking his word wherever we go.
We feed our bodies…..but do we feed our souls?
Happy St. Patrick Day!!
…..on the Hill of Slane, it is said the (St. Patrick) lit, for the first time in Ireland, the Paschal Fire, so that the light of Christ might shine forth on all of Ireland and unite all of its people in the love of the one Jesus Christ.’
Thank You St. Patrick!!
Jesus, merciful and loving God…We lift up to you so many today whom need your strength, healing, and continually guidance.
My bible verse:
Deuteronomy 17:5
Then the man or woman who has committed such an evil act must be taken to the gates of the town and stoned to death.
Jesus …..I am a sinner…. Of envy, jealousy, unforgiveness, faithlessness, acts of selfishness Thank you for all you have done for me.
Hebrew 13:12.….Therefore, Jesus also suffered outside the gate, to consecrate the people by his own blood.
……For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the one that is to come, 15Through him [then] let us continually offer God a sacrifice of praise, that is, the fruit of lips that confess his name. (Hebrew 13:14-16).
Jeanne…sweet sister…Your Mom…bless her heart. You brought me back to my childhood. This comment “I saw that being poor was a blessing from God“….that is so rich for me to hear today. I grew up in a family of 12...We too didn’t have much….Felt quite low at times…Us 6 girls were all close together…Use to wear each others clothes….One day I had a not so nice gal in our class say to Me… “Didn’t your sister wear that shirt yesterday? I felt so Low. Today…. Jeanne I also have a great big heart for those who do not have much. We really were blessed.
Loving and merciful God, remember us today and everyday, especially as We share our Faith with others. Amen.
Life restored
Rhonda
Thank you Wendy-
I also had the king's instruction as my nugget for today. If we keep it nearby and know it we will be helped even in the smallest way!
Wendy-I would love to know some of the scripture selections you chose to put on the door frames of your home.
Happy St. Patrick's Day all!
Kimberly
Hey,
When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here www.wendypope.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Scientific Research presents that nearly 80% of all USA adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.
About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.
Good Morning everyone!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Thank you Wendy for another great lesson.
One of the verses that stood out to me as well was
Deut. 18:10-12 - and do not let your people practice fortune telling, or use sorcery or interpret omens or engage in witchcraft or cast spells or function as mediums or psychics or call forth the Spirit of the dead.
This was something the LORD taught very early on as a baby Christian. Growing up I had always read my horoscope, even played with that 8 ball and ouji board at sleepovers. But once I read that scripture, the LORD convicted me and now I don't even like to look at newspaper page that contains the horoscope. I know that may sound silly, but I try to stay away from that stuff as much as possible. In looking at the commentaries, I read the one from Chuck Smith who said:
WHAT IS YOUR PROPER ATTITUDE TOWARD IT?
A. Shun it, don't dabble, don't even study it.
1. Many are first drawn by curiosity.
2. Romans 16:19 "Simple concerning evil."
3. God commanded "don't learn to do..."
B. Don't even read your horoscope.
C. Don't visit a fortune teller.
D. If you have a ouija board, destroy it.
E. If in your past you have delved into any of these areas repent and ask God's forgiveness.
F. If you have friends that are involved pray for them.
1. It is a spiritual battle.
a. The weapons of our warfare...
G. Realize our great advantage and victory through Jesus Christ.
1. The prince of darkness grim, we tremble...
2. Jesus has spoiled these principalities and powers.
Hope everyone has a blessed day!
Diana
Midland, Texas
Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!
I've been writing so much in my journal....so many truths to apply to my life. I noticed today that Moses again warns them against taking up practices of the nearby nations; which is why they were to destroy those close places completely. I've been thinking about what "traps" I fall into and what changes I need to make.
**Regarding the food topic; I'm a vegetarian but NOT because I feel like eating meat is ungodly or something. It's a personal health-related choice. I really don't think there is any food that's "bad" but I will say that God has recently nudged me to stop eating a particular food until after Easter. In that case, I think it's important to follow that nudging but just to stop eating food because someone says it's "not biblical"? I don't agree with that.
I'll be interested to any information others find out. I really think it was a cleanliness issue for back then.
~Amy V.
Since starting with the book of Numbers I've had a very hard time finding any nuggets. This is why I haven't commented in a while.
Wendy, as far as the dietary laws. My pastor says they were not written for the gentiles. However, you're right, there are some animals that are not good to eat because they eat anything and we end up eating what they eat. I.E. if a pig eats a snake and we eat the pig we're also eating the snake. I, however, still love ham. My pastor does say if we aren't suppose to eat something because of health reasons then we shouldn't eat it. I.E. Pork if we hav high blood pressure.
Hello GIG,
I agree with everyone on the dietary commands from the Old Testament. We have to be careful to rightly divide the word of truth. We are under the New Covenant.
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. II Timothy 2:15
My "To Do"
Never sacrifice sick or defective cattle, sheep, or goats to the Lord your God, for he detest such gifts. Deut. 17:1
ALWAYS give God your very best offerings!
Your Praise
Your Time
Your Money
Yourself
Praying for you!
Debbie - North Carolina
The verses that Wendy pulled out are the ones that I used to name our Bible study blog - we're all reading along with Wendy! I totally need this every day, and I can tell such a difference in my days when I don't start out with God and His word.
About putting scripture on the doorposts - I don't remember what the scriptures are, but I recently read 'The Buck Stops Here' by Mindy Starns Clark, and she said that modern day Jews have some sort of metal canister thingy that they screw into their doorposts. Inside it they put a tiny scroll of scripture. Maybe it's the part of D6 where it talks about God being the one and only?? At any rate, I think it's kind of a neat idea ....
Also, for those of you who might be like me and have little ones at home ... D6 Ministries sends out a free weekly e-mail with instructions for three activities that are designed to teach children a Biblical concept. This week's was about faith. To view this week's or to sign up, you can go here: http://d6family.com/splink/week/2010-03-14.
Thanks, Wendy, for staying with this project for us!
Gotta go get some baking done - my oldest turns 5 tomorrow and she's WAY excited!
Wendy,I loved what you said about "the Word needs to be in us-digested by us...let that scripture go into the marrow of our body!! Let it change us--it is our nutrition, our bread of life." Your comments could be all of our To Do for today and for our future." My To Do was your To Do. I feel so special when I have chosen what you have. ;)
My new: I didn't even conceive of the magnitude of the Israelites completely destroying 6 entire groups/tribes of people so that they would not be the cause of Israelites sinning deeply against the Lord their God. God does not mess around!!!!
Deut. 19:13,15,20 made me think of our people in this nation who do not abide by the laws...they do not have the fear of the Lord and His system of justice in their heart. Did we as a nation stop purging the guilt harming innocent people???
Deut. 20:1 took me back to Psalm 20:7 and a B.Moore study. "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
Got to go to church now,
Jeanne,NC
Hi everyone...I have missed commenting again for a few days, but have sat in my home office and caught up on the vlogs. I have kept up the reading though and have enjoyed hearing now, Wendy, your insights.
What a great reminder...to keep God's Word with us...in our hearts and somewhere physically in our presence. I have begun keeping a small Bible in my car. There have been times I have had it opened in my lap to a verse and praying that verse over a certain situation.
I'm no expert on the pork-issue, but have heard teaching to explain Law under Old Covenent and Grace under New Covenant.
I was reminded of Peter's vision in Acts 10 when God told him that anything HE declared clean could not be called unclean. The sheet in the vision had animals that were forbidden to be eaten under the Old Law. Notice he fell into a trance while he was hungry! I would have been raving the frig :) In the end God was calling him to minister to the Gentiles, a people Peter, as a Jew would have considered "unclean". God wanted to show him that His grace was for everyone.
I do believe that if God convicts of certain dietary restaints, there should be obedience...like Moses (and Wendy) has been reminding the Israelites of now during our reading...obey, obey, obey. Can't remember the exact reference, but Paul also warns us that we should not judge one's convictions...what's good for one may not be good for another.
Have really enjoyed the comments, and hope to get back on track to watching the vlogs daily...been crazy at work. Glad Maxie is ok...I'm an absolute dog lover...no better display of unconditional love.
Warner weather is coming...love Spring.
Acts 11:4-9
Peter had a vision with a large sheet with animals. He herd a voice that told him to eat. He said No, nothing unclean.
The voice told him to eat- nothing is unclean that God has made clean.
This is what I have always believed took over the rule of the Old Testament.
Just a thought. May God bless us to understand His word.
Home from Potluck Supper---I thought about you, Tiffany,TX, and the analogy you made of our blog to a church potluck!!! You're right!!! Isn't it inspiring???
Grace &Peace, I cannot believe what your instructor is doing...what a discipline and labor of love for him to leave for his son. Do you not think that each of us GIG and FIG are somewhat doing that with our own journals?...of course, not to his EXTENT, but we are writing verses each day that mean something to us or have given us some insight into His Word. What we are doing is not a copy of His Word verbatim, but it is an original of our feelings about and our knowledge of His Word. The thoughts and writings from my heart and soul, the copying of lots of scripture( most days), the thoughts from the vlog and from ya'll are most precious to me. I have never attemted anything in my life as rewarding as this journey. So,...perhaps my Bible Study Journal will be a legacy to my children and grandchildren of my relationship with the Lord. I certainly pray so!!!
G&P and Rhonda, you brought tears to my eyes as you touched a special place in my heart with what you wrote back about my moma.
"My cup runneth over!!!!"
Jo, It will be an honor to lift up your son in prayer as he searches for a job.
Michelle, I am so glad that you visualize your busy life as a blessing. It truly is and it will go by so fast, so enjoy each moment...even the part with the parents. I will be praying for you too as I've been there.
Amanda and Diana,Texas: When I read and wrote part of your posts in my journal, I thought of students I had taught several year ago--teenagers-- who actually were into devil worshipping, even brought the devil's bible to school for me to see that there was more than one bible.( gives me the willies to think of it even now). I've taught Wicca believers and other such cults. However,I still shared my belief in the one True God as I would get them to tell me about their beliefs. I would choose stories or novels to read that would lead to a discussion of our belief system, so that I could even share. A precious Muslim girl wrote on a banner from the class that I had taught her so much more than what came from a book; I pray it has stayed with her. These beliefs are really real to these people, just as our God is really REAL to us. So sad!!!! I copied the part from Chuck Smith, Diana.
Lori, I loved your post..."How sweet it is....does it." Your words touched my heart. (sweet prayer for our GIG, too)
Susan, Runner Mom, Happy 20th Anniversary!!! May you celebrate each day of this 20th year. I already wear bifocals, but they aren't enough for these small Bibles. ;)
I just love you all and had to share how my heart had been touched today...EVERY DAY my heart is touched or I am encouraged through one or several of you. Wendy begins filling me up, and then you all just continue. We are so blessed to have this friendship in the Lord.
By the by, has anyone heard from Loice from Melbourne???? I miss you, Loice!!!! Come back, please.
"My cup runneth over and over",
Jeanne,NC
Hi ladies,
I wanted to thank you so much for the kind prayers. You all are such wondeful people and I am so excited to be on this journey with all of you. Thank you.
I haven't done my reading yet, but I'm about to get to it and wanted to comment on how thankful I am to be in this study. I am learning so much. I never read the bible before this. It is one thing to hear about it in church, but it is a whole different experience reading it yourself.
Thank you Wendy for your support and for this opportunity to be involved in reading through the word.
I feel God's presence so strongly. Today I was driving with the windows down and listening to my christian music and just belting out Josh Wilson's "Savior please" That song speaks to my heart(well all of them do really)
I felt like shouting for joy today and I did through music.
God was in my house and car today ya'll(okay you Southern ladies are starting to rub off on me-I'm getting an accent)Hee hee
God bless all of you and thank you for your prayers.
Kristin in Wisconsin
You have all included the same verses that spoke to me, so I won't repeat them.
Lori, like you, I have spiral index cards full of Bible verses...I gave one to my 99 yr old Mom for Christmas to carry in the basket of her walker, plus several more to other people. I gave one to my Urologist a couple of weeks ago, (he is a Christian) he was so tickled he cried. He said he was going to make one for his daughter. I plan to make one for my son who is being deployed to Iraq... again, at the end of the year. If any of you find any verses about God is my strength, fighting your enemies, battles that the Lord will win for you, let me know so I can include it for him. I have some picked out, but the pack is 50 in it, so I need 50 verses. This is really a wonderful way to encourage people, and to witness to them. I get the neon colored ones.
Bed time...company came in today with 5 kids.
Jan TN
Post a Comment
Home