Open Blog Weekend
Rush Limbaugh has open mic Friday. The W2s have open blog weekend.

If you remember, my commitment is to post M-F only. This commitment allows me to concentrate on my family on the weekend. Please keep the comments coming. The dialog is what makes the study of God's Word so rich.

I will post again on Monday. Have a great weekend. Keep up with your reading.


13 Comments:

Blogger Laura Long said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Wendy. Thanks for the link to the christiananswers.net site - what a great resource!

Laura Long

Blogger Joyful said...

Too cute! I'm posting daily on my blog re: my reading, but only as a form of accountability. I know my weekend entries will most likely be short for the same reason.

Enjoy. "Talk" to you Monday!
Joy

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Genesis is just way too cool! Last night, the boys--hubby included--watched a guy movie, and Mama curled up in bed to read and ponder Genesis until her eyelids began to close.

Enjoy your weekend, Wendy!
blessings,
susan

Blogger Chanan said...

You know I have always wondered about the significance of the rainbow that normally appears after a rainy day, and sometimes even on a bright sunny day - Genesis 9:12-17 cleary clarified that mystery for me!!!!!

I am truly blessed to have stumbled across this study group......

Have a great weekend all!!!!

Blogger Luanne said...

Seven days to gather all the animals? With God, ALL things are possible.

v. 16 Then the LORD closed the door behind them.

This is how I pray when venturing forth into unknown territory--Lord, please open or close doors so I know where you want me to be.

What is the importance of the listing of geneologies in the Bible?

Thanks for sharing this journey!!

Blogger Patti said...

I love the fact that God gave Noah and his family a sign of his covenat with them, the rainbow. I am always asking God for a sign that I am heading in the direction of His will. I often don't recognize the signs he gives me but when I reflect I am truly amazed that He did provide a sign to me, I just wasn't tuning in to them. I am now tuning in to his signs in my walk with him. On November 1st I prayed that He would tell me how I could get to know him better and on November 4 he answerd that prayer with the Chronological Bible that Wendy wrote about in her P31 post. I immediately purchased it. I am praying for all of us that we develop a deeper relationship with our Lord and Savior.

Blogger Kelly said...

The impact I always get from reading the flood account is how "the world" tells us that 2 of every animal boarded the ark, but actually it was 7 of every kind of clean animal (a male & a mate, so actually 7 pairs or 14) and 2 pair of unclean animals and 7 pairs of each bird.

This is also the passage that allows us to eat meat for food, versus just the "green plants" from before.

This is also the first example given of a vineyard being planted, and with the drunkeness that followed came immodest behavior. A good warning to be careful where alcohol is involved.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read today's section and was surprised at Noah's harshness with his son, Ham.

At first read, I thought Ham was trying to help his father. Then I checked my NIV Study Bible. It commented that Ham mocked his father, but it didn't say how. I still wasn't sure I understood.

As I have continued to ponder this during the day, I realized Ham mocked his father because rather than covering Noah himself, he ran and told his brothers. He did nothing to help but to spread the gossip. Shem and Japheth helped. They even did so in a private way, by not looking at their father.

Ouch. This insight hurts. How often am I guilty of talking about someone or a situation rather than directly going to the person and offering discreet help. No wonder Noah cursed Ham. I can sure learn a lesson from this passage!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello have a great and thank you for letting me be part of this group. I so need this. Thanks again Tina

Blogger Unknown said...

1st time blogger. I'm looking forward to this bible study!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a first time blogger too and this is just way fun! I love reading everyone's comments. We all get different things out of the same passages! I guess that's why we can keep reading and reading scripture- we'll always receive something new!

What hit me was the fact that all of the animals went into the boat so orderly, all entering the boat in pairs. This could only be done with God in charge. And, can you even imagine all that time in the boat? I'd love a glimse of what that must have been like! I'm sure God gave Noah the patience he needed. I would think I'd go crazy being cooped up inside for so long! Noah seemed so patient in waiting for God to tell him it was ok to exit the boat.

I was also thinking of the torrential rains! That loud down-pour must have been scary. They had to totally rely on God.

My prayer is that I seek God in everything...then, tho, wait patiently like Noah did!

Ya'll enjoy the weekend!
Lori P. from AZ.

Blogger Melissa Milbourn said...

Well...on your open blog weekend, I'm just stopping by to tell you that I'm thinking of you, and praying for you today. :-)

lookin' forward to the day I see you again!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In Genesis 12, when Abram asked Sarai to lie and say that she was his sister instead of his wife, would this be disobedience to God for not trusting Him to take care of the situation? She then was taken by Pharoah as his wife. I wonder if her inability to have children for so long was a punishment for this?

Post a Comment

Home