Praise the name of God forever and ever, for He has all wisdom and power.
He controls the course of world events; He removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars.
He revels deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in the darkness, though He is surrounded by light.
I thank you and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. You have told me what we asked of you and revealed to us what the king demanded.
Daniel 2:20b-23
What can I add to this? Nothing. This portion of scripture is powerful. This portion of scripture is ageless. Let's recount the God of our ancestors:
- He has all wisdom and power.
- He controls world events.
- He sets up and removes those in power.
- He gives the wise wisdom and scholars knowledge.
- He reveals all mysteries.
- He knows what is in the dark.
(I love this: even though He is in the light. Good stuff!) - He gives wisdom and strength.
- He reveals what we need to know, when we need to know it.
Dear Lord because of your great promise to Abraham we are blessed and can call you the God of our ancestors. We can trace your power, authority, faithfulness, and love throughout the generations. We repeat Daniel's declaration of praise to You-oh deserving One.






6 Comments:
Good Morning, Beautiful Bible Studying Ladies!
I loved today's reading!
*Nebuchadnezza's dream interpreted by Daniel
*Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednego saved out of the flaming furnace!
Wendy, you are absolutely right, what can we add to this powerful section of scripture that describes the God of our ancestors?! I love thinking about our ancestors, and how the promises given to them apply to us as well! There was no question in Daniel's mind as to who was King over his life. His life truly was ruled by One far greater than King Nebuchadnezzar! Daniel remained firm in his purpose and intent. The king's plan was that these "chosen" men would be taught to think and live like Babylonians. But, because they were firm in their purpose and intent they did not get side-tracked by the comfort, self-esteem, and high position that was granted to them. No mater what King Nebuchadnezzar tried, Daniel would not lose sight of the fact that he was a chosen child of God.
Dear Lord, Help me remain focused like my ancestor Daniel. Thank you for choosing me to be apart of your everlasting kingdom that never will be destroyed. Lord, You are Great, there is no other like You. My desire is not to seek worldly recognition, but to be firm in my purpose and intent - to always stay true to You, to seek your path for my day and eagerly go where you want me to go, even if I'm afraid. Thank you for these precious role-models that served you with their whole heart! Oh, that I too, would know that whatever my situation, I would be able to say without a thought, "the God who [I] serve is able to save[me]. (Daniel 3:17) Amen.
Seeking you Lord, Lori - AZ
Goodmorning All,
I cannot add nor take away from today's reading, it was truly powerful!!! The only thing I can say is that if wisdom, knowledge, understanding, power, strength are hidden in the Lord, and he freely gave them to our ancestors, upon request, then through our ancestors, we have the same authority to ask, and they shall be given to us!!!! What a wonderful assurance!!!!
Be blessed all!!
Chanan, Bahamas.
"There is no other God who can rescue like this! Daniel 3:29
Amen to the sweetness and the power of this truth!
AND...:)..."the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be destroyed or conquered. It will crush all these kingdoms into nothingness, and it will strnd forever." Daniel 2:44
Hallelujah to be a child of that God and a citizen and messenger of that kingdom!
Finally, in addition to the de-Light-Full text Daniel 2:22 (he knows what lies hidden in darkness though He is surrounded by light) we are reminded of Isaiah 45:3:
"I will give you treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who summons you by name."
We are all called by to these truths by our God, the God of our ancestors, who reveals to us what we need to know to equip us to bring the glory of his kingdom on earth and then full circle...back to him in heaven.
I am barely able to stay in my own skin I get so excited!
What a blessing it has been to take this walk through the Old Testament this year. Powerful stuff!
Love & prayers to all my walking buddies!
Liz
AK
That's some great stuff!! Powerful scripture!!
Wendy, It was so nice meeting you this past weekend! You are wonderful (which I already knew from Wendi with an I!)!! I look forward to following along on your blog.
God bless, leanne :)
So needed the reminder this morning that God is in control.
I highlighted just a few short words today, but they are carrying a powerful punch. “I see four men…” Daniel 3:25
Every time I read this account in Daniel and come to this line I get goose bumps. “I see four men…” Three were thrown into the fiery furnace, but four were viewed standing among the flames. Not only that, but king Nebuchadnezzar immediately recognized the fourth as looking “like a god.”
Makes me wonder. When people look at me do they ever see anyone else? Is God’s presence visible? Being an identical twin, people often think there are two of me, but that’s not the double vision I am referring to here. What I want to know, does anyone ever see the Lord walking with me, sitting with me, shopping with me, accompanying me as I go about my daily tasks?
I’ve heard thrilling missionary stories of when the angel of the Lord appeared, offering protection in dangerous situations.
His Word tells me that His angel encamps around about those who fear Him and He delivers them, Psalm 34:7.
God tells me, “Lo, I am with you always.” Matthew 28:20
Is His presence in me obvious to others? Does anyone ever see Jesus when they look at me?
God stands with us when life gets “hot”. Our furnace may not involve physical flames. Our fiery furnace could be unemployment, health issues, loss, relationship struggles, financial setbacks, fear, a prodigal child, loneliness, depression, aging, deep hurt, failure, feelings of unworthiness, or any circumstance beyond our control.
Be confident in the reality of God’s power, presence and passion for you when in the ’furnace.’
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.' Isaiah 43:2
Trusting Him,
Joy
Good morning ladies. :)
I can't get over how incredible it is to be a beloved child of God!
Yesterday I was captured by Jeremiah 20:11 “…the LORD stands beside me like a great warrior.”
and today He is in the fire with us. That is so amazing.
I have been struggling against a spirit of fear off and on all summer. Life is generally pretty good right now and it's like I'm looking for the next disaster to hit. What's around the corner?
This week it is as if God is speaking directly to me, and He is saying that He will be beside me and that He is a great strong warrior - the devil won't get my family, he can't stand up to the Warrior beside me, in front of me and over me.
I'm with Liz - I'm so excited I can barely stay in my own skin.
Have a wonderful day and just keep remembering that great big shiny warrior beside you. :)
Patty
Post a Comment
Home