Oh, that You would burst from the heavens and come down!
How the mountains would quake in Your presence!
As fire causes wood to burn and water to boil
Your coming would make the nations tremble.
Then Your enemies would learn the reason for Your fame!
Isaiah 64:1-2
How the mountains would quake in Your presence!
As fire causes wood to burn and water to boil
Your coming would make the nations tremble.
Then Your enemies would learn the reason for Your fame!
Isaiah 64:1-2
These verses took my breath away. The thought of this actually happening lights my fire! He is coming back and His enemies will learn the reason for His fame. Oh, I long for His enemies to know His fame by the way I live my life.
Reading words like constant sinners, infected and impure with sin brought me down a bit from my lofty goal of making Him famous. How can I help to make Him famous to His enemies if my righteous deeds are nothing but filthy rags? The words in verse eight gave me hope. They reminded me that apart from Him I can do nothing. He is complete control of my comings, goings, and doings. Isaiah transitioned beautifully into the words of hope with the phrase "And yet..." Despite my frail attempts at righteous deeds and the fact that I am a constant sinner infected with impure sin:
Oh Lord, You are my Father.
We are [I am] the clay, and you are the Potter.
We are [I am]formed by Your Hand.
We are [I am] the clay, and you are the Potter.
We are [I am]formed by Your Hand.
(emphasis mine)
He will work to make Himself famous through me, if only I will be a willing vessel, pliable in His hands. He is a God like no eye has seen, who works for those who wait on Him. He welcomes those who gladly do good and follow His ways. (v4) With all this for us, how can we fail?





5 Comments:
You girls are all the BEST! What an encouragement you were to me yesterday through your e-mails and comments!!!! I know this season I'm in with with my parents is dictating my time and activities right now, but thank you so much for blessing my heart...you have no idea how you lifted me up. Love and thanks to you all!!!!
Wendy, what an exciting truth. I'm singing the chorus "Famous One" and rejoicing.
You are the Lord
The famous one, famous one
Great is Your name in all the earth
The heavens declare
You're glorious, glorious
Great is Your fame beyond the earth
For all You've done and yet to do
With every breath I'm praising You
Desire of the nations and every heart
You alone are God
You alone are God
The morning star is shining through
And every eye is watching You
Revealed by nature and miracles
You are beautiful
You are beautiful
The verse that grabbed my attention this morning was, "The LORD says, 'I was ready to respond, but no one asked for help.'" Isaiah 59:10
*ouch*
Can you imagine that? The Lord is holding our answer in His hands, but because we failed to present our need before Him, we did not receive.
The very thing we're waiting on and longing for is available. In my minds eye I see a beautifully wrapped parcel. It's contents will fulfill the cry of our heart. Yet, it sits on a shelf, unclaimed, and we feel abandoned and forgotten.
The prayer that never was, blocked the answer that was.
What keeps me from asking?
Fear? Pride? Doubt? Insecurity? Self-assurance? Friends?
I sent a parcel in the mail to a friend earlier this year. After weeks and weeks of not hearing that it had arrived at it's destination safely, I contacted her to inquire. No...she had not received it.
Weeks later I received notification that it had been returned to my address. The sticker on the package indicated that it had not been claimed. It sat waiting for the recipient to come and just reach out and accept it.
I wonder what answers God has wrapped and waiting for me, if I would just fall on my knees in humility and ask.
Ladies, Wasn't today's reading good? Wendy, reading your beginning, written by Isaiah, gets me so excited about His return! He is coming back! I'm just so humbled wondering why He'd select me to be apart of his special remnant, and so willing to seek Him in everything.
Today we read Isaiah’s final prophesies about the Messiah. The upright and the wicked will be forever separated!! Everyday we deal with our inner conflict, --- our will vs. His Will. God gave us Christ so that we may win the victory over our self-will. But, will we surrender? Will we yield what we want to do, and do what God wants us to do?
Lord, help me say, “Yes! I want to be obedient to You! No matter what my circumstances are (John 14:27) You will provide me with your peace. Thank you, Lord, for being with me wherever I go.
Chapter 65:
HIS Servants:
Will eat
Will drink
Will rejoice
Will sing for joy
Will be forgiven for their sin
Their prayers will be answered
WILL LIVE FOREVER! PTL!
The ‘Others’-sinners!
Will starve
Will be thirsty
Will be sad
Will be ashamed
Will cry in sorrow
Will cry in despair
Will have their name shamed
Will be sent great trouble
WILL DIE
Let's make it a great day, seeking to share His love with those we bump in to! He is in us! Let's allow Him to come out!
Love you all, Lori - AZ
PS So good to see your comments dear Jan! I've missed you, and figured it was "camp time," knowing you're in the middle of a busy season! What an environment to be in tho, enjoying all that beautiful creation surrounding you! Take it in, and lift up praises to God!!!
Good morning!
I have been without a computer for a few days but am glad to be up and running again so that I can be encouraged by all of your words of widsom and your insights!
Wendy, I do pray that God will use me as a vessel to make Him famous. And Lori I pray that I will be among the ones who are eating and drinking and rejoicing and not the ones starving, thirsty and in despair. Joy I loved your insight about Isaiah 59:10! How many times did I "have not because I asked not"?! You ladies are a wonderful blessing.
Joy-praying for you in this season of your life and Wendy- still praying about the conference.
Have a joyful day!
Carmen
Goodmorning All,
A few weeks have past since my last post but I am still here!!!! I thank all of you for your encouraging words and dedication, they are all truly uplifting...gives me something to look forward to each day.
The verse that spoke to me this morning was Isaiah 65:8
“But I will not destroy them all,”
says the Lord.
“For just as good grapes are found among a cluster of bad ones
(and someone will say, ‘Don’t throw them all away—
some of those grapes are good!’),
so I will not destroy all Israel.
For I still have true servants there.
It is comforting to know that God does not let the innocent suffer for the guilty, He recognises our faithfulness and rewards us accordingly.....
Be blesses all
Chanan, Bahamas.
cakewalk sonar 4 producer keygen
iomega automatic backup crack
keylocker crack
casmate pro crack
registry defragmentation crack
dvdxcopy platinum activation crack
cosmo bots crack
skispringen 2005 crack
nero6.6.0.6 crack
fresh download 7.2 crack
crazy tetris 2.2 keygen
zend studio 4.0 crack
7.1 keygen winavi
nvidia decoder keygen
risk ii activation code crack
ccna certsim keygen
acoustica cd dvd label maker 2.27 keygen
registry medic 3.01 crack
dvd2one x crack
webviewer crack
quicktime keygen
imtoo mpeg encoder 2.1.15 crack
supper dvd ripper 2.36 keygen
cyber patrol crack
amazing slow downer v2.72 crack
supercalendar crack
barbarian invasion crack
arabizer 1.3 crack
adobe acrobat 7 professional tryout crack
teal movie crack
photoshop cs trial version crack
elwave 7.5 crack
master p make crack like this
Post a Comment
Home