Open Blog Weekend ~ August 8-9
She Rests...

God lead Renee to give a gentle reminder in her Sunday morning message to rest. I am doing just that. Our whole family is taking time to rest in our own way this weekend.


I was welcomed home to clean sheets (my sweet man knows how I love the smell of Gain and Mountain Fresh Downy), completed laundry, a clean shower, a vaccumed house, and neat kitchen. My precious children made this beautiful poster for me. I am not sure who missed who more!


I can't thank you enough for all the prayer support you offered on the behalf of our P31 family. God was faithful! He blessed us in ways too numerous to count. One of the biggest blessings at She Speaks is our prayer room. God does some work in there! Sweet Luann follows God leadership by putting together an atmosphere with which the Spirit can move. We had a special friend of the P31 family, Charlotte Cole spend hours in there praying with and for people. Thank you Charlotte.


Below are some pics from the weekend. Enjoy. If you attended and have a God-moment you want to share, please do.


I trust you saw the picture of me and sweet Holly.

Here is the group of amazing women I was blessed to lead. Back row: (left to right Karrie, Shelia, Wendy Shari, Erin and Dawn; Front row: Leanne, Paula, Charley, Lisa, and Jennie)

Diane took a gallery of pictures. She has given permission to share the link. Thanks Diane.
Diane's She Speaks Photo album




16 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hello Ladies!

It's good to be with you again! I have been computer less for awhile, but I am now reconnected. Wendy et. al. I am very happy to hear She Speaks went so well! I don't know if it is just me or my computer here, but I couldn't get to Diane's photos from the link provided. I hope to be able to see them one day!

I caught up with all your readings today. It is just after 8:00 am Saturday in Basel and I just finished reading all of your comments from last week. It was a great week of study! But today I am glad to see Jeremiah is back. I was very touched by Thursdays passages (Jeremiah 20) about how he was mocked every day and scared, about how he wished he was not God's messenger. But I was also struck by his description, as many of you were, about the Soldier that stood beside him in times of trouble. Today he re-commits his cause to "the Lord of Heaven's Armies," even though there are still plots to kill him.

19 I was like a lamb being led to the slaughter. I had no idea that they were planning to kill me! “Let’s destroy this man and all his words,” they said. “Let’s cut him down, so his name will be forgotten forever.”

This verse struck me as so much like Isaiah's prophecy of the coming savior:

Isaiah 53:7-8

7 He was oppressed and afflicted,
yet he did not open his mouth;
he was led like a lamb to the slaughter,
and as a sheep before her shearers is silent,
so he did not open his mouth.

8 By oppression and judgment he was taken away.
And who can speak of his descendants?
For he was cut off from the land of the living;
for the transgression of my people he was stricken.

But no-one can destroy the Word of God.

I must admit I smiled several times at the descriptions of the idols and how stupid they were. Jeremiah 10:5
5 Their gods are like
helpless scarecrows in a cucumber field!
They cannot speak,
and they need to be carried because they cannot walk.
Do not be afraid of such gods,
for they can neither harm you nor do you any good.”

But truthfully, aren't my idols the same? They have no life in them, they must be carried around, I or some other human made them, they are temporary, fallible, ridiculous! There is only one true God. He created ALL and preserves it by His wisdom and with His own understanding. Him shall I fear (extreme reverence or awe).

I have been in Basel for a week now. It is an adventure! One of the things I really like about Basel are the church bells. They are real bells and they chime every day. 7:00 am brings a chorus of bells, and 7:00 pm as well. Other times during the day they chime briefly on the hour, but the book-ends of the day are a pleasure to my ears. I find myself taking a moment to pray and praise when I hear the bells.

Have a great weekend all! I have missed you!

Karen, Basel Switzerland

Anonymous Lori said...

Dear Wendy,
I've so enjoyed hearing about, "She Speaks," throughout the week; I look forward to being there in person next year! Finally, I will be able to give you a hug in person! Thank you for serving all of us each day. Your enthusiasm for God's Word has been spread across the miles!

Karen~I was delighted to see your post and know that you are safe in Switzerland!

Good reading's today! I think I say that everyday. :) Something that really hit me was how actually things today are so like things were way back then. Back then, and right now, people foolishly believe that everyone can just do their own thing(!) and worship whoever(!) or whatever(!) they feel like worshiping at the moment! Many too believe that the correct way is not to believe at all! How far from God's Word, they once were and continue to be even today. John 14:6 reminds us clearly, that Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Matthew 7:21 "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven." Many Christians call themselves Christ-followers, but, really live each day secretly in sin.

God's Word is clear, but if we do not read it everyday we will slip too.

Thank you, dear Lord for giving us your Word, the Holy Bible. Keep drawing us everyday to it as we seek your Will in our life. Amen.

Enjoy Saturday sweet friends!
Thank you for blessing me everyday with your comments. I can't tell you enough how much I learn from every single one of you! I love you all! Prayers coming your way,
Lori - AZ

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessings of the day this Saturday!

I enjoyed the web log links today and the pictures! I could not get to Diane's photo album, but as I am new to Facebook, maybe I need further instruction?

I want to share with all of you this weekend that back in January going to She Speaks was at the top of my prayer list. My Dad lives in NC not too far away, so I was asking God to help make it possible to couple the conference and a visit!

In February I was offered my current job and as the details began to unfold it became evident God was encouraging me to wait patiently for that trip to NC...this summer his plan was to lead me to my new home and my new job.

Praying now for 2010!

Also praying you all experience the full measure of God this weekend as you rest in him and join in fellowship to worship him.

May you feel his face shining upon you and his arms enfolding you!

Passing the peace of Christ,
Liz
AK

Blogger Chef Diane said...

See if this link works

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=126972&id=694339461

Blogger Karen said...

Thanks Diane! That worked. Great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing. It is so nice to be able to put some faces to names!

Welcome bac, all!

Karen, Basel

Blogger Joyful said...

That picture of you and Holly remains my favourite!!!! LOVE IT!!! LOVE YOU!!!!

So sweet to see the picture of your children, and what a lovely welcome home! :)

I did write a post today about a personal story that happened when my son was young based on one of the verses today, but right now I just feel the need to write a prayer request. In the last couple of days our family has been hit with four pieces of very serious news. Each one came like another blow...one after another. I cannot share all the details at this time as some family members involved have not heard yet...all should be informed by the end of the weekend. Can I just ask for prayer for all my family? Sorry I have to be so vague, but God knows. I have an ubelievable peace through all of this and am so thankful for the many reminders in our reading that God is in control.

Trusting and resting in Him,
Joy

Anonymous Anonymous said...

SO appreciate the alternate path to the photo gallery, Diane!

I checked back in hoping someone might have steered me in the right direction...very much enjoyed the joy-full pictures!

I pray to be in a few of them for 2010!

Liz
AK

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Oh, rest sweet sister! Rest! Soak up His goodness and be refreshed! :)

Blogger Karen said...

Joy, you and your family are in my prayers!

Sunday morning here and I finished today's readings, and truthfully I found I was having a hard time with all the "fire and brimstone" in these chapters. So, I went to the Blue Letter Bible commentaries again and read a really good one by Chuck Smith, covering chapters 11-15. Here is the link, but I warn you, it is long. I highly recommend it though if you find yourself also struggling with the tone of these chapters.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/commentaries/comm_view.cfm?AuthorID=1&contentID=6854&commInfo=25&topic=Jeremiah&ar=Jer_13_1

Here are a few thoughts that struck me;

* Jeremiah was called the weeping prophet. Even though he gave these very sever messages from God, he took no pleasure in them. He wept, like Jesus wept over Jerusalem (Luke 19:41).
* God has limits. People can go too far and then God will reject them. Even today, the point of no return is rejection of Jesus Christ (John 12:48). God repeatedly tells Jeremiah not to pray intercessory prayers for Israel, because He will not listen.
* Even though God stops listening, the door is not closed because He still loves us. He calls us the beloved of His soul (Jer. 12:7). It is clear throughout scripture that all we have to do is repent and turn back. God will hear us again and bless us because He still loves us more than we can comprehend.
* And the linen cloth thing; "But the idea with the girdle was that the nation was once bound to God. And as it was bound to God, it was a beautiful thing. A people worshipping God, serving God, bound to God. But when they have turned from God, that which was once beautiful and glorious has become ugly and repulsive. That same nation that once was the glory of the earth, as God's love and blessings were showered upon it, has now become the curse of the earth as they have removed themselves from that place of nearness to God and they've become good for nothing." (Chuck Smith).

I hope you all are blessed today. Church bells are ringing here and I am pondering God's words and their application in my life.

Karen, Basel CH

Blogger Lutiemom said...

Good Morning Ladies,

I enjoy reading you comments this weekend. Karen, thanks for the commentary...it really helped pull it all together.

Joy, you and you family are in my heart and prayers.

It's a beautiful morning here in southern Missouri. God's creation is beautiful; the sunrise this morning is glorious!

nancy

Blogger Lutiemom said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Anonymous Kristen Myers said...

Hello all,

Thank you so much Karen for the wonderful link and your summary of the weekend's reading. I have been struggling too with the anger and tone of Jeremiah. Thank you for your reminder that Jeremiah did not want or enjoy this job. However, he did want to follow God.

Jeremiah's job as the weeping prophet reminds me that sometimes God calls us to do jobs which aren't easy or rewarding. Yet, in our desire to obey Him, we follow and eventually see His glory shine through.

If you all are interested in a few more She Speaks pictures, please visit my blog at www.kmspeaking.squarespace.com.
You will see what beautiful people that Diane and Wendy are.

Praying for your family Joy, and for all of you.

Nancy, where are you in Missouri? I live there too!
Blessings to you all!!

Anonymous Lori said...

This morning after my quiet time I enjoyed my prayer walk. I became so filled with appreciation for the Bible. I don't know if I ever really realized how fortunate we are to be able to freely own a copy. I thought back to the ancient days. They did not have their own copy. They did not even have Jesus in their heart. Through God's Word, and through His Spirit counseling and guiding us we have so many more benefits than they did. I can't even fathom not having His Word. They had to rely on the prophets. I see daily the importance of reading the Bible. It is how God whispers to us. Without this daily time I know I would "stumble off the ancient highways and walk in muddy paths." 18:15.

The more I read the Bible, the more I want to devour it. It's my joy and my heart's delight." 15:16 Lord, I know you are watching me closely and I know you see every sin. I want to follow you and obey you. I want your Words to be more alive and active in me. Today, I want to know You more. You are my Lord. There is nothing you cannot do. I put all my trust in you and I am thankful beyond words that you have chosen me out to be apart of your remnant. Thank you for Jesus. For the pain he endured on the cross. I am in awe of everything You have done for me. Open my ears today so that I will hear you. Help my eyes see the good in everyone around me. Help me live my life on purpose. A life that honors You. A life that brings glory to You. Help me to remain connected to You through your Word. Lord, I love You with all of my heart. Amen.

Also, I was thinking about Jeremiah and how he obeyed God. He even prayed for the people when he knew they were plotting to kill him! God knows what He has designed each one of us to do. He has a master plan for each one of us and He knows our capabilities. He's the gardener, we are the branches. As we face our trials, He is pruning us so we will bare more fruit; our faith grows stronger. Daily, we stay connected to God, by remaining in His Word.

I read this today by D. De Haan:
God who formed worlds by the power of His Word
Speaks through the Scriptures His truth to be heard;
And if we read with the will to obey,
He by His Spirit will show us His way.

Thank you sisters for your comments! I'm hoping everyone is enjoying some rest today. Here in AZ we've had cooler weather! I actually was chilled this morning walking! Seriously! :)

I lifted you up in prayer dear Joy.
God knows how much your family can take. He loves you enough to "prune" you all. You are living your life on purpose. Your life honors God and brings glory to Him. Seek Him and hold on to Him and He will guide you and keep you from slipping into the muddy paths.

Catch my love & hugs coming your way. Lori - AZ
Anyone from IL? We had a wonderful Bible lesson today from a pastor named Mike Baker who was visiting our church.

Blogger Chef Diane said...

Wendy, I hope you are resting up. Maybe getting an afternoon nap today. Your kids are so sweet to make that beautiful sign and fuss over you. You've got a dream of a man with the sparkling house and clean sheets. (by the way I use the same combo Gain and Downy,nothing like that smell)

Karen welcome back! I am so glad that you are getting settled. Have you eaten any good chocolate yet?
I have missed you. :-)

Liz and Lori, keep praying God's direction on next year's She Speaks. The dates are July 30 - Aug.1 2010.

Joy, I have prayed for you my friend. Having you on the other end of the computer at She Speaks was awesome. You made my night and I am so glad I was able to get the pictures you wanted. Love it!

Nancy, girl we need to sit for a spell with some ice tea. :-)

Kristen, how great getting to spend time with you. You my friend blessed my life so much, thank you.

As I sat with Kristen, Susan and some others that I have met in the "blogging" world, it hit me, we are brought together for one common reason. Each of us chases after a deeper relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. WOW!
Where else can you bring together total strangers who type back and forth for months and when they see each other feel so connected?
Wendy you encouraged and made me hunger for a deeper knowledge of His word last week.

Thank you to each of you!
Hugs and affection,
Diane

Blogger O'Nealya Gronstal said...

Hello Sweet Wendy!
So glad to hear you had some time of rest. Gain and Downy? Me too! Give me a Greek and Hebrew word study with the smell of Gain drifting through the house and I am one happy girl!
I posted mid-week on my awesome weekend at She Speaks.
God is so good and His ways are perfect!
Love you my sister!
O'Nealya

Blogger Melissa Milbourn said...

ahhh...love the poster :-)

and your kids are adorable...

Post a Comment

Home