I don't have to tell what is new, do I?
Welcome to the my new site! I am in the progress of doing a lot of updating. I have updated my biosheet and webpage on the Proverbs site. Visit and take a look if you get a chance. I have some openings in my fall schedule. If your church is looking for a speaker, I would be honored to come speak.
Anyway, over the next few days you will be notice more and more changes on the site. A big change is the how you receive my post each day. It will no longer include the words shop-a-holic so don't delete me. The email, if not chosen has acceptable mail, may go into your junk mail.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. My sweet baby girl turned 12 today. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. I can't wait to see what God does with her life. Her heart belongs to Him and she wants to do follow His plans.
I haven't said it lately: thanks for hanging in there with me this year. It has been amazing, hasn't it? Don't forget, we are doing it all over again next year. And...this is way cool...my husband and I are leading this study at our church next year. I am REALLY excited about that.
You all are awesome!!!
Welcome to the my new site! I am in the progress of doing a lot of updating. I have updated my biosheet and webpage on the Proverbs site. Visit and take a look if you get a chance. I have some openings in my fall schedule. If your church is looking for a speaker, I would be honored to come speak.
Anyway, over the next few days you will be notice more and more changes on the site. A big change is the how you receive my post each day. It will no longer include the words shop-a-holic so don't delete me. The email, if not chosen has acceptable mail, may go into your junk mail.
I hope everyone has a great weekend. My sweet baby girl turned 12 today. I can't believe the time has gone by so fast. I can't wait to see what God does with her life. Her heart belongs to Him and she wants to do follow His plans.
I haven't said it lately: thanks for hanging in there with me this year. It has been amazing, hasn't it? Don't forget, we are doing it all over again next year. And...this is way cool...my husband and I are leading this study at our church next year. I am REALLY excited about that.
You all are awesome!!!






12 Comments:
Love the new site...purple is your color! Or at least one of them.:)
How do you plan on leading this study with your husband at your church next year? I have also thought about leading a small group walk through the Bible this coming year. Just not sure how to. I love the daily post and interaction of everyone's insights etc. Hmmm Can you share any ideas with us. Thanks!
Time does go by quickly and the children grow so fast. I am now a grandmother and my daughter is now 28! I sometimes just stop and say "Where did the time go"! as I look at them from afar. Enjoy the time you have with those children...time is really what they need!
Love from Debbie in Illinois
PS I am visiting them this week and having so much fun. My granddaughter is now 18 mo. old.
I also have enjoyed reading all the posts this week. In particular loved the one on Daniel's prayer and style of praying. Tried it last night...needed to be humbled before the Lord. Our women's small group will be doing a study on prayer and I passed this on to our leader.
love love love love it, friend :)
Oh Wendy~ What a surprise! I love the new look! When I saw your shining face, the very last verse that is in today's reading came to me, and this is exactly how I'd feel if I saw you:
"Please let [me] walk with you, for [I] have heard that God is with you."
Zech 8:23
God is shining out of you, sister!
I was in a pickle last night re: a situation involving one of my boy's. Just yesterday morning I had lifted the evening's activities up to God, praying like we have talked about this week. Humbly, needing wisdom and guidance. Filling like i was in the middle-between being the typical mother-hen that I am, vs. letting my son's wings fly. Oh, ladies, a situation occurred after school, that immediately I began praying over. I needed to be guided. Ladies, I can't tell you how He took care of everything. He showed me what to do, and gave me the courage to follow through. He hears our prayers. We don't have to do this life alone. He is always with us. He is "consumed with passion" for us! Zech 8;1. I'm not sure when I felt closer to Him...was it when I was clinging to Him, not knowing what to do? Or, afterwards, when I knew He spoke, to little old me! That He would really be interested in my situation. Oh, I had much to be thankful for, and much to praise Him for. He truly cares for His remnant!
The devil does not want us living each day in victory! He will get us to eat junk food, so that we are sluggish. He does not want us exercising, because then our bodies would be strong! Basically, he does not want us keeping up our temple! Oh ladies, the temple we've been freely given is inside us. We need to be meticulous and take care of ourselves. We need not listen to the enemy. We've got the Holy Spirit inside us. Powerful. When we are seeking God, following His Will, praising and thanking Him, we are filled with His Spirit. Living a day in victory! God is alive and active in us. Taking care of ourselves, being the absolute BEST that we can be, allows us to be filled with Christ. Christ coming out through our actions, modeling, and words! This is big. We have to choose. Daily. Not to be guided by the devil, who wants us weak, sick, and lethargic. "No," we say. "We choose victory!"
When we are living a day, victoriously, all those around will say, "Please, can i walk with you, for I have heard that God is with you?"
May you all enjoy the weekend ahead! It's been a glorious week in the Word with each of one you. Thank you so much for blessing me every day! Love you all, Lori AZ
PS Jodie, enjoy little Elliot! You have know idea how fast he will grow!
Love, love, love your new blog look. Oh, it's just perfect!!
Hugs,
Renee
Well girls, what a wonderful morning I have had in His Word. My husband is at a golf tournament, so I had extra time to just soak up our reading this morning. (I'm still in my PJ's sitting on my bed with a laptop on my knees!)
Jodie - CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you and your family. I endured over 36 hours of labour and then had a C-section when my son's heartbeat was struggling so I know you'll need lots of rest...although...the excitement of having a little boy couldn't keep me resting for long. God's blessing on you. What a precious little gift from His hand.
Lori...can I just say again how much I love your enthusiasm!!!! Your heart for the Lord continually blesses me.
This morning the Lord spoke so much to my heart I likened it to a bowl of popcorn. Kernels of truth were popping up throughout all of today’s reading. Just like the salty goodness of a bowl of popcorn, I couldn’t stop at just a taste. If you want to indulge with me, feel free to click on my name above and come for a visit as I shared all that the Lord spoke to my heart. Way too much to write here.
Lori, I ended my post with the verse you quoted. “Please let us walk with you, for we have heard that God is with you.” Zechariah 8:23 (I agree Lori, it was because I had heard that God was with Wendy, I joined on this adventure this year. It is a wonderful privilege to walk alongside her.)
Isn’t that beautiful? Can you imagine that request being asked of you? Nothing would delight my heart more and humble me deeper. That someone has heard of my faith in the Lord and desires to walk with me. Is your walk inviting such a request today? Let’s live so that other’s want to spend time as our companions on this journey, not because of anything we have done, but because of Christ in us.
My tummy is full. I’ve feasted well this morning. I trust something has filled your heart with His joy.
Blessings,
Joy
YOu and the site look great. Thank you for leading us.
xo
Lynn
Wendy,
The new look is refreshing! I LOVE it! Can't wait to see what else the coming year holds for you!
MarLo
My sisters,
You each have brought something to my life along this journey and I find myself thinking of you, and sometimes even Quoting you (!) during the day...God has intertwined our hearts and it is just amazing the work he has done and is doing in all of us!
I was thinking as I enjoyed Wendy's new site and all of the comments how special it is we knew each other "when"...we have really watched each other grow this year. We have shared each others joys and sorrows...God is here among us, and I find that absolutely Exciting! What a miracle he has wielded among us all.
I am so glad that when I read Wendy's invitation to take this journey I said "YES". I am so glad we are doing it again next year and I am blessed to be able to say "YES" again!
Now I am praying for God to show me who I can ask to:
"Come with me to Jerusalem to ask the LORD to bless us. Let's worship the LORD of Heaven's Armies. I'm determined to go!" Zechariah 8:21
Giddy with love for you all, and praying God's blessing and healing touch where you need it the most this weekend,
Liz
AK
Liz, your thoughts made me smile. The Lord has wielded such a miracle among us. Enjoying and embracing every step of this journey. Wendy...thank you again.
I don't always come back on Sundays, but I wanted to share the verse the Lord spoke to me today.
“Come back to the place of safety, all you prisoners who still have hope!” Zechariah 9:12
Prisoner. A person held against their will. One confined. A person held in involuntary restraint, whether in prison or not.
There are things that hold us captive. Emotions, people, situations that chain our hearts and minds. The binding is strong and we suffocate in cells, shackled to pain and suffering.
God is calling us back to a place of safety. He desires we become prisoners of hope. This is not a prisoner to wishful thinking. Our hope is a reality. A guarantee. Hope is a confident expectation based on God’s promises. It removes doubt, dismisses chance, clings to faith. When there appears to be no possible release, we see a key and believe we won’t be held enslaved forever.
A prisoner of hope is imprisoned for life, to life. They never stop believing that God can. The opportunity for intervention could be at any time. It’s a complete trust in the unseen. At any moment the sound of footsteps approaching their cell could be heard and their hearts could be free of the burden that convicted and desired to sentence them to endless days of worry, disappointment, agony and despair.
When we place our hope in Christ, it is secure because it is in One who never changes. He is certain. Complete security. He is our hope.
"That by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we may have strong encouragement, we who have fled for refuge in laying hold of the hope set before us. This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, a hope both steadfast and sure and one which enters within the veil, where Jesus has entered as a forerunner for us, having become a high priest forever according to the order Melchizedek. Hebrews 6:18-20.
A prisoner of hope lives in freedom. (How's that for an oxymoron!)
Living in hope,
Joy
Wow, Joy. That really leads full circle to the verse that stuck out to me this morning.
Zech 13:9
I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure.
I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold.
They will call on my name and I will answer them.
I will say,'These are my people,' and they will say,'The LORD is our God.'"
These scriptures promote a strong trusting relationship with God. When trials (or crisis) occur, we rest in the hope and peace by trust in Him (which we freely give) knowing that we are being refined into a better relationship with him. Refining gold and silver through fires of tribulation ....allowing that refining process...being a prisioner of hope who lives in freedom so in the end He will say, "These are my people" and we will say, "The LORD is our God"
Have a beautiful LORD's Day!
nancy
Good Morning Lovely Ladies~
I'm so glad I popped in before church. Nancy, the verse that stuck out to you, I missed! But, through the fire, we are refined and made ***pure...the verse I memorized last week that was emphasized by our pastor, states: "Blessed are the ***pure in heart, for they will see God." Oh, how your verse makes my verse so much more real! Thank you! Our refining is not fun, (!) ...but necessary, for this is how our heart gets pure, and through our tribulations we grow closer to God! We know Him better! Our relationship with our Father is strengthened, and the closer we our to Him, the more we are like Him. Transformed! His love coming out for all to see. This verse makes so much more sense to me now!
And, like you said Joy-during our hardships we live daily in hope. He is our refuge. Oh, 'The LORD is our God.' Glad you popped in today dear Joy!
Liz, I too, am giddy with love for each and every one of you! Enjoy today, dear sisters! Look and anticipate God's goodness all around you. Seek to please Him.
Hugs & prayer's - Lori -AZ
Deb
We are going to have a 30 minute lesson and 30 minutes of small group discussion. The small group will discuss the week's reading. They will keep a notebook like we have done and come to class prepared to share.
Hope this helps.
The class will also be following my blog.
Post a Comment
Home