In case you are wondering where I am today...I am shopping. Yes, I am one of the crazies who go out on Black Friday. Where else would a former shop-a-holic be? Now this shop-a-holic is under control and truly enjoy the experience.
My day starts at 4:00am at my local Belk. My 2nd stop is Gamestop followed by a 5:00am arrival at Target. Next stop...Starbucks. (I need me a Starbucks!) Me and my BFF have so much fun! It is more about fun and fellowship than elbowing for the free "whatever" you get when buy a "whatever."
I will check back in later this weekend to tell you all about my finds.
My Thanksgiving was spent at my in-laws. They always include my parents so we don't have to rush from house to house and eat two huge meal. Now, we just eat one huge lunch and sit around miserable all day. I don't even eat supper.
I hope you all have a great weekend and had wonderful Thanksgiving. Good to hear your report Joy. We are believing for good results.
Is there anyone else navigating through the Black Friday madness?
Update
I made it. I survived and I got everything I went to buy.
I was in and out of Belk, hassle-free, in about 12 minutes. Then on to Gamestop only find they did not open until 6:00am. Honestly, isn't every store supposed to open at 5:00am on Black Friday. Plan B.
I joined the crazies in the line at Target by 4:20am. It always amazes me how quickly you can make friends with complete strangers in the cold dark hours of the early morning. The wife of the man in front of me was at Walmart in line for the Tom-Tom. He was in line for the television. Apparently it was more crazy and unorganized than Target. (I made the better choice.) At 4:57am some "car-sitters" crept out of their cars to try to jump in the front of the line by merging with the crowd. (Not nice-not nice at all!) The local police put a stop to that as well as many of those standing in the line. No violence broke out just loud suggestions to the perpetrators.
Anyway, I took off running-yes running, weaving my way through t-stands and clothes rack, to the electronics section only to find myself in another line. It was very organized. I got exactly what I went for, even a better deal than Gamestop so I did not even have to there. PTL!
I met Christie at the front door of Target at 5:45am with our Starbucks. Notice the time, she did not arrive until 5:45am- lightweight-JK! She did not have any "have-to-haves." We finished our shopping at Target then went back to the mall to do her shopping.
Before the day was over we went to Walmart (The kid's snow boots that I wanted never came in. Sniff Sniff.), Dicks (2 times- don't ask), Costco, Kohls, Big Lots, and the AutoBell. (Christie's car was dirty.) Oh, I forgot-lunch at Applebees-dessert-Triple Chocolate Meltdown. I got home after picking up the kids for Grandparent's house around 3:30pm.
Bedtime? 10:00pm. It was a LONG but exciting day.
My day starts at 4:00am at my local Belk. My 2nd stop is Gamestop followed by a 5:00am arrival at Target. Next stop...Starbucks. (I need me a Starbucks!) Me and my BFF have so much fun! It is more about fun and fellowship than elbowing for the free "whatever" you get when buy a "whatever."
I will check back in later this weekend to tell you all about my finds.
My Thanksgiving was spent at my in-laws. They always include my parents so we don't have to rush from house to house and eat two huge meal. Now, we just eat one huge lunch and sit around miserable all day. I don't even eat supper.
I hope you all have a great weekend and had wonderful Thanksgiving. Good to hear your report Joy. We are believing for good results.
Is there anyone else navigating through the Black Friday madness?
Update
I made it. I survived and I got everything I went to buy.
I was in and out of Belk, hassle-free, in about 12 minutes. Then on to Gamestop only find they did not open until 6:00am. Honestly, isn't every store supposed to open at 5:00am on Black Friday. Plan B.
I joined the crazies in the line at Target by 4:20am. It always amazes me how quickly you can make friends with complete strangers in the cold dark hours of the early morning. The wife of the man in front of me was at Walmart in line for the Tom-Tom. He was in line for the television. Apparently it was more crazy and unorganized than Target. (I made the better choice.) At 4:57am some "car-sitters" crept out of their cars to try to jump in the front of the line by merging with the crowd. (Not nice-not nice at all!) The local police put a stop to that as well as many of those standing in the line. No violence broke out just loud suggestions to the perpetrators.
Anyway, I took off running-yes running, weaving my way through t-stands and clothes rack, to the electronics section only to find myself in another line. It was very organized. I got exactly what I went for, even a better deal than Gamestop so I did not even have to there. PTL!
I met Christie at the front door of Target at 5:45am with our Starbucks. Notice the time, she did not arrive until 5:45am- lightweight-JK! She did not have any "have-to-haves." We finished our shopping at Target then went back to the mall to do her shopping.
Before the day was over we went to Walmart (The kid's snow boots that I wanted never came in. Sniff Sniff.), Dicks (2 times- don't ask), Costco, Kohls, Big Lots, and the AutoBell. (Christie's car was dirty.) Oh, I forgot-lunch at Applebees-dessert-Triple Chocolate Meltdown. I got home after picking up the kids for Grandparent's house around 3:30pm.
Bedtime? 10:00pm. It was a LONG but exciting day.






21 Comments:
Morning Ladies,
Wendy I hope when you get this you have had a wonderful day shopping with your BFF and found some great deals :) I did black Friday one time and it took me two hours to get from one end of the street where our mall is to the other and I told John I was never doing that again, lol. I think if I was to go this early in the morning though it would be fine. I did notice Walmart had some great movie deals, but you can get the same prices at amazon so I am opting for online Black Friday instead. I am pretty much done shopping. I wanted to get my husband a few movies, he loves to watch them when he is working out, but other than that I am done.
We do like you Wendy, and have both sets of in-laws at our house. We had lunch and then all headed down to the movies to watch Planet 51. Going to the movie was something new we did this year and it was a lot of fun. I have to share about Will. He wanted to say the prayer yesterday before lunch and girls, it was AMAZING! That child prayed like he was an adult, it blew me away! Afterwards my mom said, "WOW!" I have seen so much growth in him since he started school this year. I know in his class they take turns being prayer leader and they do prayer requests and he is just growing so much. I can tell at night too when we pray together before bed.
Today's reading was fabulous! I marked so many passages. The whole last section, Romans 14:1-23, I went to sleep pondering over. I wrote on my blog about this a little the other day. There are things that we are all called to do, things that God asks of all of us, but then there are also things that He specifically asks of individuals and what may be sin to me may not be sin to you. For example, I can not read romance novels and if you read my testimony you know why. They mess up my mind and since Christ has brought about freedom for me in this area then I have to keep walking in obedience and not fill my mind with those things anymore. But that is what He has asked of me and I can't judge others for reading them, God may not ask that of you. Even with the eating that Paul talks about in the passage. With my health and my diet, I get convicted when I eat things that I am not suppose to for this healing process I am going through. It may not be right for me and may be sin to me, but it won't be sin to you. I really enjoyed reading this passage today. Romans 14:23, "But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning."
You ladies all have a wonderful day! It is cold here in our house, the heat and air guys are coming back out today with some estimates on our new unit. It turned really cold here in TN right as this went out :) We have our little space heaters we have been carrying from room to room. After he leaves we are going to put up the Christmas tree. Yeah!!! That is always one of my favorites days when Will and I get to do that together :)
Blessings and love coming your way,
Brandee, TN
PS Prayers for you Joy and your family Jan.
Wendy, hope you're having a fun day and find lots of great deals. I have a friend who ususally travels to the States for "Black Friday". Sounds like fun.
Brandee, I underlined that entire passage too. For me it spoke about movie choices I make. I don't criticize anyone who takes a more liberal position, but the Lord has placed a high standard on me in regards to where I spend my time, language I'm subjecting myself to on purpose, scenes I will see, storylines, how I'm spending the money He's entrusted to me etc...so I rarely go to the theatre anymore. When a good movie comes along, it's a fun night out!
Today this verse grabbed my attention: "If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord." Romans 14:8
I have a friend, Deanna, with six children who all have been blessed with amazing musical ability. Their harmonies are absolutely gorgeous and they have recorded two CD's. They call themselves, "simplesong", the name of their title track, a song Deanna's daddy, Ross Seabrook wrote. The lyrics say:
"Come and sing a simple song of Jesus
Sing it like you never sang before
Tell it everywhere; He is alive and cares
Give no place to doubting anymore
Chorus:
If I live, praise the Lord
If I die, praise the Lord
If I live or die, my only cry
Will be Jesus in me, praise the Lord."
I can't tell you the number of times I have pulled that CD out and listened to this song when life was going well. It requires little effort to sing the lyrics loudly when the living is easy. What about when uncertainties are scattered on the path. Can my voice find volume? Is this still a "simple song"?
At times along our journey we come face to face with this truth. Can I say with Paul in Philippians 1:21, "For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain"? Although we can reason that truth in our heads, the struggle to surrender still comes. Yes, "in acceptance lieth peace".
A crossroad of decision. A resolute position taken. Ofen times through tears. Singing today a not so simple song,
Joy
Black Friday shopping? No thank you! I'm not a "crowds" person, so I'd rather stick a pin under my fingernail!
But I do believe I am the only person who has to work today. (Okay, I know that was a total lie). Although It kind of feels that way!
Joy - your "Praise" song you shared reminded me of our Thanksgiving Eve service - the message was on Psalm 103. "Praise the Lord oh my soul AND ALL THAT IS WITHIN ME praise His holy name." The pastor gave us 1 minute (he timed us) to give up all praises to Him without holding back! How many of us really praise Him with everything we've got?
I also loved today's reading - so rich and full my Bible is one big underline!
Happy shopping to those of you "crazy" enough to be doing it today!
Morgen - MN
Good Morning Ladies,
We have just got back from a wonderful Thanksgiving with family. My sister-in-law lives in Springfield, Mo (about an hour and a half from here). My husband, teenage son, and I went to meet with his sister and brother-in-law for a wonderful dinner and then to see The Christmas Carol (with Jim Carrey) in 3-D. Our older kids came by too; they were also visiting their in-laws in Springfiled. We all managed to see each other for awhile...it was great.
We also managed to get back home after shopping the mad house of Black Friday. I hit and conquered Bass Pro, Michael's and Mardels. Mardel's had the best buys this morning with beautiful prints to hang on the wall, Christian T's ($5), CD, new Bibles, and books. The atmoshphere there was great, too. The employees met you with a smile, sale flyer, and directions. While in line at the cashier they served hot chocolate or coffee.
Wendy, I hope you have lots of fun shopping with your BFF...I had a blast too.
We just got home, I have to unpack and settle in. I look forward to reading today's passage; Brandee and Joy had lots of good things to share.
Love ya girls,
Nancy
I too had one big underline on today's reading. So many words of wisdom from Paul. Here, my favorite:
"Oh, how great are God's riches and wisdom and knowledge! How impossible it is for us to understand his decisions and his ways!" Rom. 11:33
How many times have I tried to figure out how "it's all gonna go down"... always adding to my anxious thoughts that just want to know so I can prepare myself emotionally, spiritually, physically, financially etc. For those who don't know me, I am a "super-preparer" of everything, including planning things down to the last detail. This is a blessing and burden, as many might be able to relate. Often, it is just better to pray for His will and a heart that's open and receptive to the end result, knowing His ways are so much higher and informed that ours. Easier said than done.
Brandee, I'm sure you are aware that I struggle alongside you concerning past bondage to particular reading and health extremes, and the need to abstain for the sake of our own spiritual growth. I pray that God continues to protect each of our journeys in freedom and true contentment found in Him. He has saved me from myself and continues to bless me as I seek to fill my mind and thoughts up with Him. Nothing can replace that feeling of freedom from bondage, so pure and strong in His light, so completely wrapped up and loved by Him. Thank you, Jesus. There is none like You.
Krista
Hi Everyone!!! Good news!!! I had a call from my Dr's office around 4pm today asking if I could come right in. Tried not to freak out at how quickly they wanted to see me, but also thought because the receptionist is a personal friend, she might just be trying to help me have a more relaxing weekend...one without worry! (She can't say anything over the phone because of confidentiality issues...but she wasn't crying or anything.)
The timing of the call was so perfect. I had been over to the Shopping Center with my friend who just returned from China with her baby girl, and she said they would go with me so I wouldn't have to go alone. (SO GOD!) I didn't actually get in to see my Dr. until close to 5:30pm. The scoop is, I have a lot of cysts in my uterus, but one in particular is the one causing all the pain. At this moment, I do nothing but wait....and take Tylenol. In six weeks I have to return to have a repeat of the two ultrasounds I had done yesterday. If it's reduced in size, magnificent. If it's still the same, larger or I'm still in pain, it will have to be removed. My new prayer is that it will disappear completely.
Thank you so much for praying for me and standing with me. Don't you just hate the unknown! With each trial like this, a new level of surrender comes as God asks me, "Will you trust Me with this?" I did say "yes", but that still doesn't always make it an easy surrender.
Love to you all. Hope all my States-side friends are enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend. I'm thankful for each one of you, regardless of which side of the border you live on.
Hugs,
Joy
Morning~ Well, Wendy, while you were out shopping (can't wait to hear about your deals!) I was making it look, a lot like Christmas! :) I had the holiday music cranked up and was busy as a bee decorating. My nativity collections are my favorite part.
Jan, I will be praying for your son, Byron. 11 children and all together Thanksgiving Day. Wow, what a gathering.
Brandee, I loved, loved thinking about little Will doing the prayer! Oh, that just gave me goose bumps! God's Spirit is alive in him!
Joy, praying with you! So glad you got the results so quickly.
Today's reading was so good. I've been soaking up one verse:
"and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised." We belong to Him. We have His Spirit living in us~alive and active! Oh, His Spirit in us-a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come! He's already given us part of our inheritance. Thinking about this...usually when you're given part of your inheritance early, it is because - there is just so much, and the person wants to share with you what they have a little bit early! Can you imagine there is more to come! I'm feeling so blessed right now. His Spirit in me! Guiding me and praying over me and filling me up with Him. Giving me free blessings of His Fruit!
Loving Him, loving each one of you too! Have a blessed day! Lori -AZ
Hello you lovely ladies,
I have recently returned from my journey to North Carolina. I have not been writing in the time I have been gone, but I have been reading both the lessons and your comments.
In my head, I have a voice for each of you, and some mornings as I read your posts I can just hear you all as if we are in a circle encouraging and sharing with one another.
My heart has been full this Thanksgiving weekend...though there is sorrow, there is also joy. To have already lost both the Moms God has given me is a sadness, but to have enjoyed the influence of two such fine women is a joy. To have spent time with my family was a blessing and a joy, to have to part and go our separate ways was a sadness. Overall, I have been reminded over and over that God is in control, and his plan for us all is good ~ better than good!
Reading Romans has been a feast for my heart. Such richness!
Since tomorrow is the first Sunday in Advent, I am in search today for materials to create a wreath...I hope! I do better with these types of things within a group project with an instructor rather than working on my own! =:-0
It is good to be home, and I am grateful to have enjoyed a few days to get unpacked and settled back in. It has been wonder-full catching up with all of you...hearing your voices! :)
I'm just so, so grateful for so many things. Bless you all,
Liz
AK
Lori, I guess I didn't make it very plain...I'm laughing(at myself) as I write this... there were 11 total at our Thanksgiving dinner. We have 3 children, 2 boys, 1 girl. They are all married, so that's 3 more, then there are 3 grandkids...add those 9 to Jim and I, there were 11 total here. NOT 11 kids. I can't imagine having 11 kids!
I, too am enjoying the book of Romans...there is so much "meat" there to digest. Friday's reading was especially good "meat".
Today has warmed up to the mid 60's after another big frost here in middle TN. But I wouldn't be in any of the stores for any man's money...I will patiently wait until it calms down some. For my grand daughter, 13 mo. old, I made a little pink and blue doll quilt. We have a doll cradle, so I made a "mattress" for it. Now I have to find a small doll...small enough for a toddler to carry. She will probably crawl in the cradle. So there is one taken care of. Now to figure out what my 10 and 17 yr old grandsons would like. I made another Christmas wall hanging for my new DIL...It's one I designed a several years ago. I have made about 8 of them, each one a little different. So there's another one taken care of. I'll get there yet.
Everyone have a great weekend. Just think, tomorrow is Sunday, and we all get to go to church! It's such a privilege. That's another blessing we can add to our Thanksgiving "list" of blessings.
Jan TN
Saturday's reading: "We were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it.. but as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely ONLY on God." 2 Cor. 8b-9
And: "All glory to the ONLY wise God, through Jesus Christ, forever. Amen." Rom 16:27
I capitalized the word "only" in both passages, as I believe Paul's use of it is so powerful. He alone is King, no matter what this blind, foolish world says about Him. Paul reminded us in yesterday's reading that every knee will someday bow to our King. Lord, have mercy on all who don't know You and are offered Your grace this advent season, by You alone opening their hearts to the truth.
In His grace,
Krista
Hi ladies,
Thought I would drop a line with an update. Wow time is flying. Elliot will be 12 weeks old tomorrow. We just celebrated his baptism in our parish last weekend. My little man was looking mighty fine in his white tux and glowing with God's glory :)
Sadly I haven't really been able to follow along with you all, but I have managed to get in some Holy Ghost action at a "prophetic destinies" conference here in Ottawa and some soaking time.
Wishing you all a fabulous Christmas season and hope to rejoin you again in the New Year. Again my thanks to all those who have prayed for me, my son and our family. Your prayers have certainly worked wonders in our lives :)
xoxo
Jodie
Dear Jodi, It was great to hear from you again and Praise God for Elliot's Baptism! I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas season!
There is no Black Friday in Basel. But the Weinacht's Mart opened on Thursday. All the plazas have booths that sell ornaments, candles, baked goods, mulled wine, or other Christmas items. And all the buildings have beautiful white lights hanging! I want to get an Advent wreathe since today starts Advent, but I couldn't decide on which one. I know all shops are closed today, and I hope I can still get one tomorrow.
The verses that struck me today were these from Romans 3:
13 We are not like Moses, who put a veil over his face so the people of Israel would not see the glory, even though it was destined to fade away.
16 But whenever someone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. 17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 So all of us who have had that veil removed can see and reflect the glory of the Lord. And the Lord—who is the Spirit—makes us more and more like him as we are changed into his glorious image.
I remember in Exodus the description of the radiance of Moses and how he had to hide his face in front of the Israelites. I still hide my face too. I don't always strive to radiate God's glory. I worry too much about human rejection and not enough about what God thinks of me. I would like to shine like the face of Moses! I need to work on that.
I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I have to admit, I don't miss the frantic day after Thanksgiving, but I did miss the day with family and friends. Kind of lonely here in Basel. :)
Wishing each of you a blessed Advent.
Karen
Oops, wrong reference! Of course I meant 2 Corinthians 3! Romans was apparently just too good a book to get out of my head... :)
Good Sunday Morning Sisters,
Wendy, sounds like you had a successful and fun day on Friday :) Will and I did end up going to our local Walmart about 8 and it was not crazy at all, no busier than a normal weekend day. I got John and Will each a movie and they had Cricut cartridges for $30, that is more than half off of what they normally are, so I grabbed myself one that I have been wanting. It is one that has all kinds of things to make calendars with and it is really neat. I am making one of my best friends a clipboard calendar for Christmas and I got it partly to do her present with. I also found some good deals on poinsettias while we were there and grabbed a couple. I love having them in the house this time of year. We got the house all decorated Friday and I spent yesterday cleaning and doing laundry so today I can just be with my boys and scrapbook some. Mine and John's Sunday school class is not meeting today and there is not going to be any children's church for Will so we are just staying home this morning.
Jodie, good to "see" you! 12 weeks already, wow! They grow so fast, I was looking at pictures yesterday from last Christmas and each year Will seems so much bigger.
I have lots of yellow highlights in my Bible from today's reading. I marked what Karen did today as well as some other things. I know I have mentioned to you guys before 2 Corn. 4:3-4 and that I have been praying that for John, that his mind will not be blinded any longer by Satan, that the veil will be removed, and that he will be able to see the glorious light of the Good News. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is 2 Corn. 5:17, "anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!" PTL for that!
I also highlighted 4:18, "So we don't look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever."
You sisters have a wonderful first day of Advent today!
Blessings,
Brandee, TN
God's Word is so alive!!! I'm finding it difficult these days to settle in on one passage of scripture. My Bible has so much underlined, but how I want it to be written in me. Must be more than words highlighted on a page as being impressive. Must be pressed into my life for change.
Today I am taken by being His 'letter'. "Your lives are a letter written in our hearts; everyone can read it and recognize our good work among you. Clearly, you are a letter from Christ showing the result of our ministry among you. This 'letter' is written not with pen and ink, but with the Spirit of the living God. It is carved not on tablets of stone, but on human hearts." 2 Corinthians 2:2-3
I was one who lost herself in books as a child. My parents took my sister and I to the Children's Library every Saturday and I can recall the anticipation of choosing stories that would transport me to another world. A land where I would become heroine - a girl of outstanding nobility and courage. I would travel to exotic places. Slay dragons. Capture thieves. Love and be loved.
I'd close my eyes and breathe in the scent of books. I would come home from the Library with my treasure, my arms holding hours of wonder and adventure. I would inhale each word. Let the book become a part of me. I would laugh, cry, turn pages in eager anticipation. I would read by flashlight under the covers when bedtime came too early and a tale still had to be told before this little girl could close her eyes and rest.
I've had a passion for words all my life. Watching "The Music Man" at every opportunity, I dreamed of becoming "Marion the Librarian". I wanted to surround myself with sentences, phrases, conjunctions, dotted "i's" and crossed "t's". Should a handsome man find me there, amongst the pages, as one found Marion, that would be wonderful too.
My dream became reality almost 30 years ago when my first job was working as a Library Clerk at a Children's Library. I thoroughly enjoyed each day of the twelve years I was employed there. In between doing the clerical jobs that were my responsibility, I was able to share my passion of the written word with children. Storytimes and reading clubs allowed me to remain a child myself, far past what the years would allow, opening up the hearts of children to the delight of reading.
The other day I purchased a new book - a Bible study. I lingered over the artists cover design. I opened it so carefully as if holding gold, turning each page tenderly, feasting on the truths unveiled. The Scripture passages take me down roads, into far away towns. I share in the lives of Kings and paupers. I weep with those who weep and laugh with those who laugh. I read of great joys and unbearable sorrows. I meet a baby whose birth has changed my life forever.
Then, this Author, who holds pen over my life, continues to write sentences over me. Sentences will become paragraphs. Paragraphs becoming chapters. A never-ending story that will continue for all eternity. Do the pages of my life rise as a sweet aroma to Christ? (2 Corinthians 2:15) My life is to be a letter from Christ, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on the tablet of a human heart.
Tomorrow is a blank page, a clean slate. Words wait to be written. An award winning novel, a best seller, a captivating love story between a Princess and her King. My life, your life, is the most beautiful story being written. Surrender to His plot. Trust His conclusion. I can guarantee it will be happily every after!
Praying I will not interfere with the story God is writing over me,
Joy
I'm so looking forward to church this morning...nothing beats Worshiping Him with a room full of believer's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But, I want to share a God Moment that I journaled about this morning. As I was pray walking earlier I was reminded that there is no better way to know His will other than by reading His Word. That is how we communicate with Him. Over and over again He increases my Faith as He speaks to me after I've read something in the Bible. I don't know about you all---but, December can be an overwhelming month, to say the least! No matter how organized I am, there is just always too much going on. I was thinking, 'if I just did not have the burden of my extended family to deal with, everything would be so perfect!' As I was dwelling on what a burden they are to me--- how that I feel sandwiched in, trying to take care of the needs of my immediate family, but have all the concerns of my extended family looming over me continuously, God reminded me of the verse we read yesterday, "we must not just please ourselves," Romans 15:1, but, what I want for you is to not feel as though they are a burden; but, that your heart would be burdened FOR them! Ahhh...That I would have a burden FOR those I don't want to serve!
HOW?
There is only one way!
*To abide in Him.
*To be filled with His Holy Spirit.
*To walk with him, all day long. Definitely, I can not love them in my self!
Thank you, Oh Lord, for captivating my thoughts this morning to make them obedient to You! The enemy was distracting me during my prayer time, trying to get me to lose my focus on YOU. Thank you for your Word which keeps me in line! I love you with all of my heart. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Have a blessed Sabbath dear friends! Lori - AZ
PS ok Jan I feel better now, I was thinking what a full time job you had praying over 11 children! :)
Joy-when are you going to write a book?! Your talent knocks me over!
oh, Jodie...Elliot is at a fun age...those wide grins and twinkling eyes!
Welcome back, Liz!
Wendy, laughing at your day. I have really no idea what "Black Friday" is like, but the picture in my minds eye amuses me. Glad you found some deals. I have a friend in the States who video-taped her day. Hilarious. She and her husband were off and running around 4am. Craziness. Her video and reaction to each stop was priceless. She made some good purchases as well.
We don't have many of the stores you mentioned here in Canada. However, we do have Applebee's and that dessert sounds like one I need to check out!!!
Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do. My internet has been down since Friday morning. Maybe that was heavenly intervention.
Black Friday I believe got it's name because, you get black and blue trying to get a deal from one store that wants your business the most. But it is so much fun and most of us become addicted to it. For me it was always my one time of the year that I could be in control. Because girls there is a system and only we women know how to work it.
Can I get an amen on that one? We only bring the men along to carry the really large items, then send them home. Those large items are like anchors on Black Friday. Your dead in the water if you have to get something large.
Thanksgiving day I take the paper, scanning every day. Each add had it's place. Then the sorting, circling and price matching began. Walmart price matches any store out there. But not the internet price. So I could get the one stop shop done for years.
My craziest year was standing in line in the freezing cold at 2 a.m. for a Furbe. The door opened and I ran to them and got one of only 2 black ones. (note: this was about 12 years ago) I bought it for 50 and sold it for double on Ebay. :-)
This year was different (older, slower and wiser). Still scanning and price matching I tried a new thing. (I read the plain print, not the small stuff) Very clear on the Walmart ad the particular items I wanted were advertised as "available all day on Friday." So at 11:00 p.m. I called the local 24 hour Walmart and asked if I purchased these items at 12:01, since technically it would be Friday. Stunned she said "yes I guess so, no one ever asked us that." I said thank you and headed that way.
We gathered all the items and laughed at the stock people as the whined about having to work. Paid for things and at 12:15 we were back at home safe and sound. Done, simple as that.
I think it was because I just didn't have the fight in me this year. I wanted to beat the deals in my head not the streets. But hey what ever it takes to get the deal.
Joy I am so happy you got the news you did. It should settle you heart some. The doc most likly disturbed them with the exam. So you want pray for the to shrink?
Ladies I am facing my ex this week on Friday 1:00 to try to come to a peaceful respove over this divorce. It is a meeting with both our attorneys and us. If it is not settled we do have a state supreme court judge assigned to hear the case. My desire is that it can end and we get closure. My ulcers are still not healing as then need be. Weight is still being loss and pain.
I go into expecting God to do great things. Will you help me claim that promise?
Blessing and love to all,
Diane
Good Evening Ladies,
Thank you all for blessing me with your insights and stories.
And I agree with Lori, Jan, when are you going to write a book. You have such a way with words. God has truly gifted you in that area.
I pray that you all have a very blessed Christmas season, and I look forward to the new year.
Elizabeth, AR
PS, I bought my sister the Chronological Bible, and will give it to her for Christmas along with the address to this website. I know she will be as blessed as I have been.
Not for the first time, she wondered what it was and why it was there. Salin told me that he was awake, but hes not come out of his suite. A little while ago. Lanthan slumped in the sand, one fist pounding dust as Arkir thrust into him again. Fingers digging into his hips, she pushed herself away from him. It was so different, this control. Suddenly shy, Eyrhaen stared at the crimson and midnight pattern in the rug. But… Abruptly, she caught Eyrhaen up in a hug. She had given them a gift, and they were proud of—worried for—her. Her fists closed on the tasseled ends of her belt. Her righteous rage dimmed, however, when she saw him flinch. Kneeling in the middle of her mattress, she hurled a pillow at them. She froze, lost in the icy heat of his gaze. What shed done before had only amplified it. But it dawned on her the he he meant was Radin. She draped over Brevin, amazed anew by the sheer size of him. Theres no reason I should flourish. That would have been wonderful. She knew if she did, that would be it. Easily, she wound her legs around him, steadying herself as he turned.
larry cable guy wife
Post a Comment
Home