"'If only we had died in Egypt, or even here in the wilderness!' They complained"
Numbers 14:2
Numbers 14:2
My Take Aways
Something Old:
When will I believe, just truly believe God instead of being impatient and starting a plan B when waiting seems to be getting me nowhere?
Something New:
Numbers 15:40
The cords to help the Israelites to help them remember.
Something to Do:
Remember the Lord's faithfulness and respond to Him with "Yes Lord" instead of "If only."
The thought of my children wandering aimlessly around because of my unfaithfulness to God chills me to the bone.
This lesson follows yesterday's lesson beautifully!
Be Careful What You Say When You Wail-you might just die in your wilderness. Scary thought.






32 Comments:
Hmmmm....."God's best for me." How do I know what is God's best for me? During Wendy's vlog, I pondered on my lack of success in trying to effectively reconcile with a family member. It seems to be one step forward, two steps back, and I'm currently in the wilderness concerning this matter. Is God protecting me from the pain this relationship inevitably brings me, or is he punishing me for the way I have dealt with this person in the past? I'm so much more peaceful when this person is not in my life, yet not having her in my life "mars" my reputation among the wider family. But, this trouble in my life keeps me closer to God as I ask for his strength in dealing with it. What to do...what to do? What does God want me to do? I wish I knew.
Peace,
Michelle in New England
Hi Everyone,
Thanks so much Wendy. You always leave me with much to ponder...
What places could I have missed? Have I been patient enough? I'm adding Why do I have a negative attitude about certain challenges?
Oh, the insight, understanding, knowledge I am receiving when I stop and look up the footnotes…and also from so many of you. Today I will say my nugget didn’t come until this reading was almost done. The understand I received today after looking up these footnotes……a light bulb went on….about a lot of “Why’s??
Tassels on Clothing / Numbers 15:33-41
Numbers 15:38 Speak to the Israelites and tell them that they and their descendants must put tassels* on the corners of their garments, fastening each corner tassel with a violet cord.
*The Footnote read: Tassels: at the time of Christ these tassels were worn by all pious Jews including our Lord. (Mt. 9:20 ; Mk 6:56). The Pharisees wore very large ones in ostentation of their zeal for the law. Mt. 23:5
I looked these verses up. WOW!! They give me so much more understanding.
Mt. 9:20, A woman suffering hemorrhages for twelve years came up behind him and touched the tassel* on his cloak.
Here on the footnote on tassel said: The Mosaic law prescribed that tassels be worn on the corners of one’s garments as a reminder to keep the commandments.
Mk 6:56, Whatever villages or towns or countryside he entered, they laid the sick in the marketplaces and begged him that they might touch only the tassel on his cloak; and as many as touched it were healed.
Mt. 23:5, All their works are performed to be seen. They widen their phylacteries and lengthen their tassels.*
*This footnote read: Tassels: The widening of phylacteries and the lengthening of tassels were for the purpose of making these evidences of piety more noticeable.
Also found this out about Numbers 15:37-41: The Shema is the confession of faith in God as “one.” It consists of the reading or recitation of three biblical passages (Deuteronomy 6:4-5; 11:13-21; Numbers 15:37-41 along with blessings before and after them.
This is getting pretty long so I will leave you the website for more great information on “Shema Yisrael” It is a great article. Read this article and you will know “Whats behind the most famous Jewish Prayer?” and why I will be saying it morning and night:
Deuteronomy 6:4
Shema Yisrael--- “Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One!”
The website: http://www.aisn.com
To do: Make me some violet tassels today to put around my home for reminders of the Mosaic law. Even wear something on my wrist. Also as a reminder “God as “one”
Have a great Wednesday everyone...Live in order to help you relaz and better appreciate the world that God created.
Rhonda
just me again... I made a mistake on the website it is: http://www.aish.com/jl/m/48954656.html
Rhonda
Happy Wednesday beloved sisters! Today’s reading is full of nuggets-I can’t wait to come back later on to see what you all choose to write about!
Today we reach the momentous point of Numbers, I do believe! What causes the Israelites to rebel? Unbelief! Isn’t that just like Satan to shift their thoughts from trusting the Lord? {Satan continues to do that very same thing with us, in hopes to rob us of God's best for us!} They were so close! They were standing on the ground near the promised land! But, little did they know how their act of unbelief would signal 38 years in the desert! In opposition to the majority, Caleb (yesterday) shouted his faith: 13:30, “Let’s go at once to take the land,” “We can certainly conquer it!” I can just imagine God smiling down on him! Regardless of the circumstances, Caleb and Joshua told the people, “don’t be afraid…the LORD is with us! Don’t be afraid of them!” (14:9)
I LOVE the visual ending in today’s reading. The LORD tells Moses to make tassels to put on the hems of their clothing so that they will “remember and obey all the commands of the LORD instead of following [their]own desires and defiling [themselves], as [they] are prone to do” (15:37-41). God truly knew His people. He knew what they were proned to do. Isn’t that exactly how we are with our own children? We know without a doubt, what they are prone to do. We want to protect them, but sometimes the best way to learn is by making mistakes. Wow - today, look what the mistake took from these children of God. Only Caleb and Joshua will enter and occupy the land.
Blessings ~ Lori
wow-Wendy your teaching is so rich. Thank you again for sharing. 14:11-will I ever believe Him, even after all the miraculous signs I have done? Lord-you have done so much in my life and yet I sit and complain. Forgive me Lord for my unbelief and when I refused to listen to your voice. How I also get chills thinking my unbelief has little affect on anyone else-my children especially. I surrender my plan B's today Lord for your plans.
I loved Wendy's something to do "Remember the Lord's faithfulness and respond with Yes Lord instead of If Only."
Kimberly
I too see myself in the Isrealites. Ouch!
Old: The contempt of the people toward the Lord. They will now be disciplined because of it. Be awakened to my areas of contempt for the Lord and connect it to current discipline I'm receiving.
New: "Your children will be like shepherds wandering in the wilderness for 40 years - in this way they will pay for your faithlessness". Ouch again! In my arrogance, I could see the truth in this verse in others whose children seem to be wandering aimlessly - not knowing the Lord or His direction....then I looked inward and saw it in myself...Lord help me to be faithful to You so my children can see You through me.
Nugget: Do not defiantly push ahead when my God says "not now".
Morgen
There was so much today and Wendy you really pulled some good nuggets out. I stopped the video and was sharing with my husband about how we need to be quick to listen and quick to obey. I pondered what all I may have missed because I didn't obey.
New/Different Numbers 14:34 40 years for 40 days. Haven't noticed the correlation before.
Apply: Wendy you said it so well - Listen and Obey.
Also I need to trust that if God tells me to do something He will equip me to do it. It may be scary or uncomfortable but I need to forge ahead.
Short on time - that's all for now.
Have a wonderful day everyone.
Lynn - OR
Good morning all!
I have not posted much but am following along and enjoying this study so much.
Todays reading hit me right in the heart. I saw myself in so much of todays scripture that I was brought to tears.
Why is it so easy to forget all that He has brought me through-to know that he will take care of all that is before me?
One last thing- I had to chuckle about the tassels. Even He knew that I need visual reminders throughout my day.
Have a wonderful day, all! Thank you Wendy for being a vessel for this study.
Good Morning all,
Im not a regular blogger here but I do try to read some of the comments.
Today - really struck me. I too highlighted Wendy's points while I was reading. My main point and "nugget" was Num 14:22. Not one of these people will ever enter that land. I so don't want to be one of those people that don't get to enter the Land the Lord has for me. My next "nugget" followed right behind that when the Lord said again and again they have tested me by refusing to listen to my voice. As i sit here this morning I wonder just how many times in my life I have tested the Lord and refused to listen to his voice. That is scary!
I don't want to be the person that Wendy described that say's I'm sorry Lord now give me my blessing!
Lord, I ask for your forgiveness this morning for the many times I have tested you and refused to listen to you word over my lifetime. Lord, help me to open my ears and heart to hear you and follow your voice in my life. I want to to live my life for your purpose. I love you Lord! In Jesus Name I pray these things. Amen!
Amanda
Good morning GIGs, am off today so able to be up early and do everything early! Maybe?!? Michelle I too have been going through what you are and the situation is better - sometimes. This is what God led me to do. I sat down and wrote a letter apologizing for whatever I did - still do not know. It took me a month to send it after I wrote it. Then I just prayed that God would work things out. It took over a year to see an answer but this Christmas things were much better. However, I still feel very small when I am around her- She is in church leadership and tends to make you feel it is all about her and her family. I could go on but will not. The letter - this was something after months of agonizing and not feeling I could talk with her about it - God just led me to to that. Try it and see! As for today's reading - awesome! I sat reading just now and could say we are so like the Israelites- quick to complain but not quick to see and be thankful for what GOd has done in our lives. I am so guilty. And when I sin, saying I am sorry and then wanting my blessing but not really staying on the repentance issue for awhile. Wendy that is so true! I am going to be reading this passage again today. It really spoke to my heart! My Old was about Caleb and Joshua being the only one of the spies to enter the Promised Land. My new was the tassels. My to do: Remember what God has done for me and be content and appreciate what I have. I am so afraid that maybe my attitude has caused my children to not be where they should be in their walk. Not wanting to go to church, read their BIble, be active with Christian friends. God please forgive me for being so ungrateful and complacent. Strengthen me in the reading of Your Word and use me as a light to my children.
Random thoughts while I was reading today's chapters.
Num 14:9 ...the LORD is with us! Don't be afraid of them!
Whom shall I fear?
Num 14:22...but again and again they have tested me by refusing to listen to my voice.
again and again...
Num 14:42...You will only be crushed by your enemies because the LORD is not with you.
The LORD is my protector when I follow Him.
Num 15:15 Native-born Israelites and foreigners are equal before the LORD and are subject to the same decrees.
Reminds me that Christ came for both the Jews and the Gentiles.
Num 15:39...you will remember and obey all the commands of the LORD instead of following your own desires...
our sinful nature= following our own desires...
in order to remember and obey His commands we must first know what they are!
Love love love today's reading
I love all of the comments about the tassels, so let me add another insight - from Pastor Courson:
"The children of Israel were to have borders of blue on their hems so that when they looked down at their feet as they trudged through the wilderness, they would see a dusty border of blue, reminding them of their higher calling, their grand destination.
The same is true today. When I get dressed each morning until the time I undress each night, I am to see the border of blue. That is, I'm going to remember that I'm headed for heaven - where all those things I wish I could redo, where all the opportunities I missed and mistakes I made, will be set right.
If you remove the border of blue from your garments, if you remove heaven from the equation, you'll be depressed in the wilderness, for the key to being happy and joyful on earth is to live for heaven."
Amen?
I too am guilty of going my own way, disobeying,and having unbelief as the Israelites. Lord, forgive me. I have wasted enough years wandering around in my wilderness and not entering into my promised land. I sure don't want my children to do the same thing, make the same mistakes. (commit the same sins-unbelief)
However, Moses intervened again for his people and God didn't kill them right on the spot. They would suffer the consequences of their sins for 40 years. Who? Every member of the community who has conspired against God.
New: The 10 men who rebelled against God with their bad report were killed with a plague.Only Caleb and Joshua remained alive among the spies.
After all this happened, the people were ready to enter the land, but it was too late. Their enemies chased them back.God wasn't with them.
To do: Immediate obedience is what the Lord wants and blesses. I need to stop waiting around.
Numbers 14:18 tells us of God's unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion. How wonderful He is! But He does not excuse the guilty.Our entire family is effected.
Have a wonderful Wednesday,
Linda from Ark.
Good Morning all!
Wendy, my notes followed right along with your vlog this morning. Please don't let me treat the Lord with contempt...don't let me test the Lord again and again by refusing to listen to his voice! Being content and not complaining were key for me again today.
Wendy you've given us good questions to ponder today...
Old: Only Joshu and Caleb would enter the Promised Land.
New: the tassels to remember to obey all of the Lord's commands. In Beth Moore's study "Believing God" she asked us to wear bracelets made of blue yarn ... to remember.
Num 14:11 - The Lord asked "will they never believe me, even after all the miraculous signs I've done among them?" It brought me to my current study of John...Jesus says many times if you don't believe in my words ...then a least "believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves." John 14:11. Wow - the Father and the Son asking the Israelites to believe...asking us to believe ..to believe I AM who I say I am and that I can do what I say I can do.
Nugget: To believe...to listen...to obey and be content. Stop complaining...God hears it all and just may give us what we ask for! Lord, I never want to know what it is like to have you as an enemy (Num 14:34). Your will and not mine.
Have a blessed day!
Leslie
My nugget for today: In Numbers 14:12, God said He would destroy the Israelites because of their complaining, and would make Moses into a "nation greater and mightier than they are." What an ego-booster for Moses! But he didn't have his eyes focused on himself -- he was only concerned with God's reputation. In 14:15 & 16, Moses says to God, "Now if you slaughter all these people with a single blow, the nations that have heard of your fame will say, 'The Lord was not able to bring them into the land He swore to give them, so He killed them in the wilderness.' "
Question for myself: Am I that concerned about God's reputation, or am I more concerned about what people think of ME? Sadly, I know the answer. :( God, help me shine the spotlight on YOU!
Wow, this one hurt. Not going ahead with opportunities presented to me earlier (due to fear or lack of confidence) has left me kind of wandering in a wilderness. I didn't think at the time this might be God working for me. Even if we are not seeing God at work in our lives, He is still faithful and is still working.
Mary A.
IN
From my notes, "Delayed obedience is still disobedience."
Blessings,
Gaylene
Great vlog today, Wendy. I had to watch it 3x. That's a lot to think about. I don't want to miss my Promised Land and wander aimlessly in the wilderness. Yet, how many times have I done that because I did not listen and did not believe?
Numbers 14:28 resonated with me: "...as ye have spoken in mine ears, so will I do to you." Again a confirmation that words have power. What kind of words are coming out of my mouth? Are they edifying words? Or are they critical, negative, complaining words? (Rhetorical question, I know.)
To quote Jon Courson: "Faith and words go hand in hand, for out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Matt 12:34). That is why to be saved, we must believe in our heart as well as confess with our mouth (Rom 10:9,10). The longer I live the more I realize that what iI say has huge impact on the unseen world around me. I'm begining to understnad more and more that if I speak cricially and cynically even only to my wife, the impact is sure to boomerang back to me. Converseley, if I speak words of faith, I open the door for the Lord to work miraculously."
The blue bracelet is a great idea. It ties in with what someone mentioned yesterday (can't remember her name, sorry - too early for me) about having a bracelet in one hand with the goal of keeping it there for 21 days without saying, thinking a critical thought.
Oh another thing that I loved is when God wanted to wipe out the Israelites and told Moses He will make a nation out of him instead. Moses interceded for the people. He did not want the honor for himself. He truly is very humble. I want a heart like that.
Have a blessed, thoughtful day everyone.
Wow Wendy, did you hit the nail on the head for me today!
What places, blessing have I missed in my life because my refusal to believe & listen to God. There is an old saying "Be careful wish you wish for you might get". Well I need to stop, listen, & pray for Your will & Your way in my life!
Oh Lord please forgive me my defiant ways. Please don't let my sin, my refusal to believe or listen be a impasse to me or others to living in the promised land of Your grace, peace & love. Thank you Lord for showing me. Palms 32:8 “I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you” (NIV) Thank you Lord for your patience with me. Philippians 4:12-13 "I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do everything through him who gives me strength." When I am in the desert I need to be content. When I am on the move I need to be content. When I sin & God corrects me I need to be content. I need to let my Lord be the leader & to be content. WHEREVER He puts me I need to be content! And not to complain or try to do plan B. I need to wait on the Lord! For His time is best!
Blessings & Peace, Mary
Wendy, your words were stinging today! In reading the passages this morning, I smugly thought the Israelites were the ones who were being defiant, not even realizing how guilty I have been in my unfaithfulness. The time is "now" for me to change ... I really need to learn to wait on the Lord's answer.
Isn't it wonderful to see that Moses is again pleading for his people. 14;17 Please, Lord, prove that your power is as great as you have claimed. For you said,'The Lord is slow to anger and filled with unfailing love, forgiving every kind of sin and rebellion.' and the Lord replied "I will pardon them as you have requested"
To Do: I agree with many of you who will use the tassels as reminders to obey the commands of our Lord.
Blessings,
Betty
Jane in SC, thank you for your concern and your suggestions. I wish you well in your efforts, too~!
God bless you, Jane, and God bless this fellowship.
Peace,
Michelle in New England
This spoke to me so much today Wendy. I had marked the same verse before watching the video. God was asking me the same things, "Have you not seem the miraculous things I have done, don't you believe me?" I have been in a place of discouragement lately praying for my husband. Sometimes I just want to say, "WHEN GOD?! Don't you see how much he needs you?!" I read this though and God says to me, "have you not seen what I have done among you?" I have to keep waiting, He knows best and knows when.
I am also praying about some things God has placed on my heart. I don't want to miss what He has for me because I don't listen and I walk in fear. Lord, show me the way and give me strength.
Brandee, TN
Wendy,
Thank You again for the commitment you make to teach us each day, it is so appreciated.
God has used this bible study to strengthen me in many ways. HE is equipping me for good works, I can clearly see that.
Thank You Lord for your strength.
I recently left an abusive marriage of less than a year and had to move in with my parents at 28. I am sad, angry, disappointed and full of emotions about the whole thing. Today between the reading and the comments something really hit me. I have been focusing on what I am missing now in my life (a husband, starting a family, my own place, independence, pride, etc) instead of focusing on God making a way for me to leave and be safe and well supported. What a wake up call!!! I have been ungrateful, God please forgive me! I needed a serious attitude adjustment. I am very blessed to have a supportive family to take me in. I had to become humble and allow people in emotionally which has been very hard but I am blessed they love me to do so! Thank you for all your blogg posts and Wendy for providing this opportunity, it has been amazing! :)
Jen in Boston
Wendy,
Thanks again for another great lesson! Today's reading was so good!
I am struggling so much right now with my own unbelief and I am really being tested in my faith! Do I believe God is Who He says He is and that He will do what He said He will do.
One of the verses that stuck out to me was Numbers 14:3 - "Wouldn't it be better for us to return to Egypt?" Sometimes I find myself wanting to return to a place of comfort even though it may have been a place of captivity because I am fearing the unknown. David Guzik's commentary said: "This was not better. In the first ten chapters of Numbers, God led Israel through a process intended to change them from a slave-minded people to being a 'promised-land' people. Here, they completely revert back to their slave mentality, preferring slavery under cruel murdering masters than the walk of faith God has for them." He goes on to say: "Make no mistake; what Israel rejected here was a walk of faith. If God was going to lead them into a deeper trust than they had before, they wanted no part of it. If He made it all easy, that was fine with them - but they did not want a walk of faith."
Do I want this walk of faith even when it hurts? God has so much in store for us if we would only believe!
Blessings to all!
Diana
Midland, Texas
Hey all, I haven't posted for a couple days because I can't trim my notes down! But I missed it, so I am trying today...
My Old/New: Moses' humility. I almost can't grasp how humble he was, he really had no concern for himself, it was all about God and the Isrealites. That's amazing, and inspiring. That he was more concerned with God's reputation than his own - wow. Definitely something I could work on.
My New: God's instructions for offerings in the Promised Land. This was his statement that he would in fact take (some of) them there. What grabbed me most was that the foreigners have the same sacrifces as the native-born Isrealites. That God loves his people regardless of the details. I need to be more loving of those who are different from me, or those who I don't understand.
My Nugget: Have true repentance for my sins. Repent without looking for a blessing, knowing that it is blessing enough to be forgiven. That I am forgiven even after my sin killed God incarnate. Repentance should be the MOST common theme in my life, not feel-good/look-good,etc sin.
So humbled right now.
Dear People,
I just have to say thank you for all your prayers and precious words you offered concerning my son Michael last week. It gave me such comfort in those first days after all our sad news. You will never know how I read and re-read your words of encouragement to feel hope.
To be brief, our family is minus two cars now. One loss is from a theft/accident by his acquaintance at a party, and the other loss is from Michael, with an older brother, wrecking the car we loaned him in the meantime. He is 23, the youngest of our five, living in another city, and has had many challenges growing up. I fell asleep praying for him the night of the second accident, waking up to the phone call. I have to believe that this accident was God's answer to my prayer. No one was hurt badly, Michael's (and our) eyes were opened to the problem of his alcohol abuse, and we are ready to move forward. The pain still rears up, but I must believe that this time of struggle will be a blessing for all of us some day.
If I may indulge, let me tell you one more thing about myself. I got to spend this last weekend in another state with my mother, 87, and all my siblings (I am the oldest of 10 sisters and 2 brothers). They gathered from all over the US/Alaska to celebrate my 60th birthday! I was so sad I didn't even want to go, let alone share our horrible news. These beautiful people were my strength! God gave me such a strong and nurturing family, and I got to crawl into their warm arms for the weekend and be loved. They even sang our family's traditional Irish Blessing in 4-part harmony-- to ME! I cried tears of joy as I felt the Spirit enfolding us. I also received words of wisdom from sisters who have walked this path with their children and are farther along in their journey.
One sister told me that we always are either in the midst of a storm, coming out of a storm, or preparing ourselves for the next storm. This is our faith journey, and I need to see the storms as a different form of God's blessing, placed in our lives to strengthen our relationships with each other and with Him.
She said there is an order in our lives that creates a beautiful tapestry from God's point of view above, when often we can only see the ragged strings (tassels?) from underneath. I will hold this image in my heart forever and look for the beauty in His design. I need to remember to keep reaching for those tassels.
I am sorry this is so long, but I am sharing these thoughts for others who may also need comfort in their family struggles. Please continue to pray for our family as we try to make the right choices. Thank you all.
In spite of everything, I am so happy to keep up with you all. I can't stay away, you are all like my family too. I read about your needs and am keeping you in my prayers.
All I can say right now about those Israelites is that they are just so-- human! We want it our way and we want it NOW. Sigh.
Blessings,
Jacque
I love the tassel idea! I knew that the Israelites were required to have four tassels but I didn't know why. I'd love to come up with some kind of pretty blue bracelet-y craft to give to my Bible study girls next week. Any ideas, anyone??
Old/New: Num. 15:30-31 I wonder if this is the basis for the shunning that the Amish practice?
New: I didn't know that the Is admitted their guilt and then so boldly tried to march themselves into the Promised Land. How arrogant! and how often is that me? Sobering thought.
Also, what must it have been like to have been the last few remaining original people alive at the end of the 40 years? How horrible to know that not only are you one of the reasons that your children are marching around and around in the desert, but that your continued presence is KEEPING them there! I'm not sure how well I'd handle that one ... I need to learn to obey immediately!
Application: Num. 14:25 "Now turn around, and don't go ..." Sounds like a father punishing his kidsd (which it is), finger wagging and all! How often do I test His patience with my disobedience??
Wendy, thank you for being obedient to the call to lead all of us! This is a wonderful study! :-)
Jen in Boston, I'm glad you're safe. I was stalked in college and to that extent only, I understand how scary it can be. I'll be praying for you! Sounds like you are well loved and cared for. :-)
Jen in Boston, Praise God for opening your eyes to His blessing - and for removing you from that situation. May He continue to guide you in your new life.
Jacque, your story made me cry. Praise God, too, for the loving family with which He surrounded you. Belated birthday greetings! Will continue to pray for you and your family.
Amy, I have been searching Etsy for the sky blue bracelet. Found one for $15 by a local woman. (I suppose I could make one but if I add beading and jewelry-making to my list of hobbies, my DH might pack up and move!)
Jacque: I won't go into details, but I too had a situation with my son where I prayed for him - and God answered it in a way that seemed scary and painful, but in the end I know it was a good learning experience. Kind of a wake up call.
God's answers to our prayers never seem to be how we picture them, yet they are more effective than anything we could dream up.
Amen to answered prayers, even when they hurt.
Morgen
Hey GIG,
The last comment I wrote last night in my notes/journal was from Dixie,[ who 1st commented during the Open Blog ( I believe) about being 70 years old and reading the Bible every day for the first time. I loved her "keep on, keeping on.And leave off the judgement, saying from her friend.] THEN, as the Lord would have it... the last thing I wrote last night before bed was from Miss Dixie: BLUE BRACELETS and today the tassels of blue.... God is awesome as He pulls everything together for us in this wonderful study.
I am at present reading "WHY" by Anne Graham Lotz; she's writing about Mary mourning over Lazarus' death. AGL states: "Any faith she might have had disintergrated as she lost her focus on Jesus and put it instead on herself and on her suffering and on the past and on what might have been, IF ONLY...
Are you haunted by the ghost of IF ONLY'S in your past?
"IF ONLY I hadn't gone there."
"IF ONLY I'd never met her."
"IF ONLY I had prayed about it."
"IF ONLY I had stopped her."
"IF ONLY I had taken it seriously."
"IF ONLY I known then what I know now."
"IF ONLY Jesus had answered my prayer when I had asked Him to."
"IF ONLY Jesus was here...."
IF ONLY'S that are rooted in a sense of alienation adn separation from God are cries of ustter despair and hopelessness."
The Israelites,too, had lost their focus on the Lord and put it selfishly on themselves and their wants.
I have found myself to be one of those who has said, "If only..." in my past. However, God has truly worked in my life so much, and even with the suddenness and sorrow of death as well as other trials, He has drawn me close to Him, and I find myself knowing that in these times, HE WAS THERE AND HE HAS NOT LEFT.
HELP!!! What am I missing from today's readings? I know that Satan will be after me, but I know that I know that I am a sinner saved by Grace and I repent each day for my wrongs. He has made me a believer that I had never been before in my "Christian" life.
Only Him,
Jeanne
Awesome message today, yesterday, every day. I had to ask myself the same questions.
Will I ever believe Him after all of the miraculous things He has done for me, all the prayers He has answered?
What places in my life have i missed?
How many times have I said, Lord I'm sorry, please forgive me? But thank you for all Your Blesssings.
I too have been changed over the last couple of years with my oldest son who has been going through a messy divorce and by the power of prayer God has done so much and because He is all I had to turn to for my son my faith has become stronger and stronger. But even today when I know my son is up against more messy dealings with the divorce I forget that God is in control and if things don't work out, He always has a plan - we just have to believe He is in control of all situations and that He is a fair God and that He answers prayers and blesses all of us in many ways.
God Bless all of you
Thank You Wendy, you are doing an awesome job and all these comments are great - I look forward every day to see your vlog and read the comments - this is the best thing I have done for getting in God's Word
Blessed in Louisiana
Post a Comment
Home