Welcome Weekend!!!
Laundry, dirty floors, and dusty furniture here I come.
What are ya'll doing this weekend, besides reading the Word?
Laundry, dirty floors, and dusty furniture here I come.
Yes, this is what I will be doing. The dried chocolate milk drips and dust bunnies have got to go. I have to get things cleaned up this weekend because next weekend I will be in Wisconsin with the women of Fox River Christian Church. The theme for the weekend is Big Texas Hoopla. My sweet friend Melissa loaned me so red cowboy boots to wear Friday night. When I tried them on, my legs naturally started to bow. Smile.
For some reason, I am really excited about church Sunday. I just love corporate worship. The Word, the music, and prayer...mmm...good stuff, a little taste of heaven.
What are ya'll doing this weekend, besides reading the Word?






34 Comments:
Happy Saturday everyone! Wendy, I'm sure you Kick it in those boots! Post pictures!
I remember last year being surprised at Numbers. I thought the book was going to be just a list of censuses and uninteresting things, but it's not!
Today as we focused on where the families were to camp under their banners, I was struck by three things, who camped together, where they camped (N, S, E, W) and who among the Levites camped with them.
I also went back and re-read Genesis 49:1-28 (Jacob's blessing for his sons).
Judah is on the East. He is the lion from whom the scepter will not depart (Gen 49:10); the Messiah. Isaiah also prophesizes (is that even a word?) about the Messiah coming from the east (Isaiah 46:11) - From the east I summon a bird of prey;
from a far-off land, a man to fulfill my purpose.
What I have said, that will I bring about;
what I have planned, that will I do.
Moses, Aaron and his sons camp with the tribes of Judah, Zebulun and Issachar. I see this as a place of honor and a sign of God's favor. I notice the descriptions in Gen 49 (humility and hard work) for Zebulun and Issachar. Could this be why they are there too?
Reuben is no longer first (Gen 49:4); and Levi is "scattered among the descendants of Jacob" and "dispersed throughout Israel" (gen 49:7). Rachel's sons are together (Benjamin, Ephraim and Menasseh).
Okay, way too long, but I love how all these things weave together! Happy digging today! Off to house work and if the sun stays out, maybe a hike in the forest.
Be blessed!
Karen, Basel
Happy almost Saturday, everyone. It is almost Saturday, right?
Tina, don't worry, you will survive the college app process. You'll just sprout a few more gray hairs in the process. Well worth it, though!
Gonna make this short and sweet, since I need to go to bed. Been up since 4:30 a.m. and Parents' Weekend turned out to be walking from one far place to another far place - in the rain. (On the upside, as a scrapbooker, the museum tour of the 4 Chinese Ink Masters was awesome.)
If I read today's reading last year, I would have skipped over the whole thing. But eversince I started digging and learning, God has opened His Word and boy, what a blessing. Here is what I learned recently: Chuck Missler mentioned (and so did Courson) that the detailed account and position of each tribe means something. Of course, it does, it's God! They said the layout of 108,100 to the west, 186,400 to the east, 157,600 to the north and 151,450 to the south, when viewed from the top you would see the configuration of a Cross. How awesome is that? Our God is truly is a God of details.
Goodnight everyone. I anticipate more walking tomorrow. But it's nice to see our son again. This university is the perfect fit for him.
good morning ladies of God!
my 12 year old and i will be attending her Confirmation prep retreat today at the Padre Pio Shrine. we expect to learn a lot, and more than that, i pray for her to continue in her OWN journey with God.
i pray, and ask for yours as well, that she and her whole confirmation class will embrace this beautiful Sacrament, and find the Holy Spirit there.
i pray she doesn't just 'go through the motions of empty rituals. she seems genuinely excited about her participation in her Catholic education, loves to be an altar server, and is always teaching me through her childlike faith!
i pray to guide her well, with the help of the Holy Spirit.
have a blessed day!
amy jane
friends,
can anyone tell me where in the Bible to find the verse
'study to show yourself approved...'?
i wanted to share it with the students at the confirmation prep retreat.
thank you!
amy jane
Thank you Grace and Peace for writing about what the commentators noted about the cross configuration of the camp. I love what Courson then says about this:
He says "the same is true for us. Because WE are 'encamped in the Cross,' because we are in Christ, we can go boldly before the throne of God today and receive that which we need. For whatever battle you’re fighting or issue you are facing, the solution is found at the throne of grace simply because you’re encamped in, cleaned by, forgiven through the Cross of Calvary."
AMEN.
I am off to a Women’s Conference with Priscilla Shirer (Proverbs 31) at my church today. She was AWESOME last night.
A blessed weekend to all.
Good Morning Everybody,
Happy Saturday!!
For me today the bible reading...I can't believe how many there are in everybodies tribes. Wow!! Where do they all come from? can see why they call it the book of numbers.
Grace and Peace loved your view from the top.
Karen we are blessed to have you.
Jan loved your info. about geneology...I am a child of God.
Mary your sweet & blessed nun...Thanks for sharing it I enjoyed it . Great advice!
Amy Jane My prayers go up for your daughter and your whole confirmation class today. Very priceless sacrament. Our sons always enjoyed serving too. My youngest still is...the other one took up lectoring now.
Just a few little pondering moment for you from Padre Pio:
Complete Trust...
The more numerous your enemies become, the more you ought to abondon yourself with complete trust in the Lord. He will always sustain you with his powerful arm so that you may not stumble.
From: Quiet Moments with Padre Pio
Hope in God...
Do not anticipate the problems of this life with apprehension, but rather with a perfect hope that God, to whom you belong, will free you from them accordiingly.
From: Quiet Moments with Padre Pio
I'm no help with the "study to show yourself approved"....but found this don't know if it will help or not.
Best wishes today.
The Theology of Confirmation
Baptism was the sacrament of the initial gift of the Spirit, while Confirmation was the sacrament of the fullness of the Spirit with his seven gifts. When in the Middle Ages it became the practice to confirm close to adolescence instead of infancy, theologians began to teach that Confirmation was the sacrament of maturity. Those who received it were regarded as old enough and ready to live active, responsible Christian lives. The Christian was sealed as a witness for Christ in Confirmation and fortified by an increase of the Spirit's gifts to fight, suffer, and die for the faith. The notion of the sacrament making a person a soldier of Christ prevailed. The sign of peace in the rite was even replaced by a gentle slap on the face to indicate readiness for life's battles.
Have a great Saturday everybody!!
Rhonda
Morning all.
Amy Jane: 2 Timothy 2:15 is where your verse is found.
At quick glance, Numbers seems like a boring book. But we have to remember that everything written then is for us to apply now. Like Missler also states in his book: we are going to see that even though it only took 40 hours to get Isreal out of Egypt; it takes 40 years to get Egypt out of Isreal.
Sometimes with us and our bad habits and stubborness it takes as long to get those "Egypts" out of us. That also gives me hope for the people around me that I love so and that don't "get it". Be patient, God might be doing a great work that will take 40 years!
Great weekends to you all.
Morgen
Happy Saturday ~
Ya'll have been up and digging up storm, and I just love the treasures you are sharing with us! Thank you! Last week Beth Moore showed us the "Cross" on her video and to see the tribes all positioned, oh it just gave me goose-bumps! Karen-loved what you found for us today!
Today God is organizing camp- “each tribe will be assigned its own area” (2:1).
“to serve…will serve…will also maintain…assign…carry out the duties…responsible to care for…assigned the area…special responsibility…Don’t you just love our God! Every detail was covered. He did not over-look anything. “So the people of Israel did everything as the LORD had commanded Moses” (2:34).
Just as the priests back in the day, were dependent upon the faithfulness of the workers, today getting God’s Word throughout the world is dependent upon us. Thank you, sweet Wendy, for performing your service – to faithfully make this Bible Study possible. All of us have been richly blessed reading the Bible with each other! I can’t tell you enough how much this study blesses my day! I would sure love to comment to each one of you, but…my comments are long enough as it is! Haha!
What am I doing today? Organizing camp, too! I've got some assigning to do, and all of us together maintaining and carrying out our duties, so that tomorrow....ahhhh, we can rest. I, too can't wait for church. Our pastor is teaching from the book of Eph. over several months....chapter by chapter…
And...also...glad to know others' of you out there are going through coll. app's stage! Along with that, we have a soon-to-be- driver entering the roads!
Now, though since everyone is STILL asleep, I’m off to power walk and pray, as my little Jack Russell walks me! Exercising for me is one of my favorite times of the day. In one of my previous studies with Beth Moore, she talked about combining Worship and exercise. About the same time we got our dog, and I know it was God leading me to do this. Exercise has always been apart of my life - racing, classes, etc. But, in the past, the best part was when I was through! Never have I experienced such a closeness to God, as I am now-combining the two (exercise & prayer time). I read this recently in my homework and I cannot get it off of my mind: “You see, praying is not just God’s hearing from me. Perhaps more importantly, it is my hearing from God!” (Beth Moore).
Love each one of you to pieces! Hugs, Lori
I knew I could count on you guys! Today's reading was one that when I got done in the car line yesterday I said, "ok." I really did not have anything that stood out, anything pop out at me. I know we all have days like that :) I come on here this morning and you all have such great nuggets to share! I will be making notes of them in my journal. G&P and Judi love the cross symbolism and Karen all the digging you did. Morgan, I love what you said! Sometimes it takes that long to get our Egypts out of us too and others. Amy Jane, prayers coming your way for your daughter. What a special day.
My weekend looks like yours Wendy. Trying to get this house back cleaned after two weeks of flu germs floating around. We are also going to get our taxes done today. I am looking forward to that so we will know how much we are getting back to be able to pay these repair bills off on our home. I have had some temptations the end of this week with my shopping and not buying anything extra. One of them was even a really good thing, it is a Beth Moore simlucast at a local church. But that is extra right? That would be something for me that is not a necessity so I passed it up. Another was a cute raincoat at Old Navy, I know that was extra :)
You all have a great weekend! It is sunny here but still cold.
Love,
Brandee, TN
Good Morning & Happy Saturday,
The 1st group of tribes start on the east side (right hand of God, Jesus)#2:3, then south (the feet of Jesus) #2:10, in the center is the Tabernacle (body of Jesus the center of our lives) #2:17, west side (left hand of Jesus)#2:18, north side (head of Jesus)#2:25. This formation was also how they were to travel,also. #2:17b With GOD as the center! I love it! God is too cool!
Amy Jane I found the the quote 2 Timothy 2:15 by going to http://www.blueletterbible.org/
this is a wonder site. It is very helpful in that you can look up several different versions of Scripture within minutes.
Wendy this weekend my husband & I are going to be doing some Ukrainian egg decorating. It is called Pysanky.
Enjoy this weekend that the Lord has made!
Blessings & Peace Mary
Today I will be cleaning house and doing laundry. Hate it but love the way everything looks when done! My mother is 91 so I will be doing her hair so she looks good for church tomorrow!! THat is awesome about the tribes camping and it makes the shape of a cross- God is so organized! I would love to see what each family banner looked like. Pray for our family - my husband is not getting any work so I will probably have to take a second job on the week-ends. Taxes? We owe so many because of his business that we will never get them paid off- just feeling really down in some ways today. But God is good and I know He will see us through all this. Have a great week-end GIGs!
After kicking myself last night over my disorganization and searching for something I lost(again),God's organization in this chapter stood out for me.When they break camp everyone knows their position and can move efficiently. The levites know their responsibility concerning the temple-who's taking care of what. Not the most spiritual insight but I guess the one I needed at the time.
I, too, loved the demonstration of God's organization...He will organize my life better than I could--when I let Him :0) I liked Numbers 3: 4..describing that Aaron only had his 2 sons, Eleazar and Ithamar to help him serve as priests (since the other 2 died) ..Num 3:5..Then the Lord said to Moses, call forward the tribe of Levi...to serve as his assistants. When we need help, God sees it and provides for us...He is so faithful Have a great day
Sue in NorCal
Good Morning from not so sunny Florida!
I just had to jump in and have you all celebrate with me. This is the first time in my 70 years I have read the Bible every day - not only read but looked forward to the learning and searched other Biblical sources for more learning.
My life has expanded these past two months in more ways than I thought possible!
A friend of mine, now just over the computer, sends Christ's words to me and others faithfully. He always closes with "keep on, keeping on. And leave off the judgment."
Blessings to all of you in whatever circumstances you are and with His help - Keep on keeping on!
The end of an Irish blessing - "And may God hold you in the palm of His hand". Visualize that!!!!
Dixie in Florida
Blessings of the weekend to everyone!
I'm encouraged and energized by so much in the reading and in your comments this morning.
I am drawn to "look toward the sunrise":
"the divisions of Judah, Issachar and Zebulun are to camp toward the sunrise" Num 2:3
"the area in front of the Tabernacle, in the east toward the sunrise was reserved for the tents of Moses and of Aaron and his sons..." Num 3:38
This reminded me of Exodus, so I went back:
"..a strong east wind...blew that night turning the seabed into dry land" Ex 14:21
"...as the sun began to rise, the water rushed back into its usual place" Ex 14:27
Our God is a God of the promise of new beginnings, renewed energy and new life. I am amazed every day by his precision. That Leviticus and Numbers can come so alive for so many of us is a testimony in itself!
I was also struck by Num 2:17 "the Tabernacle...will set out from the middle of the camp"
The middle - the heart - the center. It's just such a powerful picture especially when you add the visual of "the view from the top"!
It's been a great walk with you all this week! We have feasted on God's Word and exercised our spiritual muscles faithfully, and the joy and delight which result just abound!
I have another traveling weekend - experienced a bit of a delay this morning as the airport was fogged in, but hoping to get out this afternoon. In the meantime, I have plenty I can do! I'm much happier waiting it out at home than in an airport!
Be blessed and be a blessing,
Liz
Alaska
Loving what everyone has to say about what they have dug up. Vernon McGee said that the banners for the different tribes were:
Judah, the lion (Christ the lion of Judah)
Reuben a man's head
Ephraim an ox
Dan an eagle. He also noted that these are the same living creatures described in Ezekiel 1:10.
Genealogy was important to these people. They had to know from what tribe they came from so they would know where to camp and in what order they were to march.
Every person in the body of Christ...the church... has an appointed place. All service in the church is directed by the Holy Spirit. We are a priesthood of believers given to our Great High Priest. I Peter 2:9 says that "you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, God's own purchased special people..."John 27:6 "I have manifested Your Name to the people whom You have given Me out of the world...." All of John 17 is Christ's Priestly prayer.
Off to finish the laundry, and work on tomorrows menu.
Jan Tn
Mercy! What you all found about the tribes and the positions the Tabernacle...speechless! How cool is that? I need to grab my notebook and make notes on your comments. You girls are amazing!
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday. I didn't quite finish my house
cleaning...but it will still be there on Monday! ( Sunday IS a day of rest!!)
Hugs!
Susan
You have all found such neat information! Jan, I was wondering what was on their banners. The 'family banner' part really popped out at me. They were obedient to what God called them to do and they followed along under their family banners. If my family were to have one now, I wonder what it would look like? We talked about that at supper tonight, but we might just have to make one soon. I'm a pretty visual person, and I like the idea of us having our own family flag to represent us. Can you just imagine those hundreds of thousands of people marching along, flags flying, carrying God's house in the middle? What a sight!
Can't wait to see what we learn tomorrow. Happy Sunday!
Thanks for all of the great comments today! I have been having a hard time following comments and even the vlog this week as my usual early morning time has been disrupted by my 3 year old who is usually grumpy upon waking. Sigh.
I've said it before, but this is my first year participating, and I confess that I am sometimes reading quickly and then thinking, "I wonder what I'll get out of this next year?" I always learn a lot from your comments though - love the visual of the cross and the directions around Jesus that you spoke of, Mary.
It's fun to hear what everyone's up to over the weekend. I, too, had housecleaning to do today - dinner friends coming over tomorrow night... My "first" to celebrate this weekend was not a driving teen, a college student, or a confirmation class, but a successful first sleepover for my 6 year old daughter. Hooray! I was waiting for the midnight call last night and hardly slept a wink. It is so encouraging to me to read about you women with kids a bit older than mine and hearing what you are saying about your/their faith. Have a great Sunday, everyone!
Kate in VA
Hey all,
I wish you a peaceful sabbath! Today I looked up more symbolism. I was struck by the colors again. Four blue clothes covering sacred objects (the Ark of the Covenant, the table of the bread of presence, the lamp stand and the incense alter.
Blue: symbol of holiness, heavenly, authority, faithfulness. This is the color of the first covering of these sacred items.
The Bread of the Presence was further "overcovered" by a scarlet cloth. Scarlet: symbol of blood, suffering, sacrifice, and also sin. Since the bread of the presence is representative of Jesus, the scarlet cloth also speaks volumes of His suffering and sacrifice for our sin, and His offering of blood that cleanses us, making us pure.
Purple covers the alter of sacrifice. Purple: symbol of royalty, wealth, corruption of wealth. The alter of sacrifice was where guilt offerings, sin offerings, offerings of atonement, etc. were made. Restitution was also made here. When we are corrupted by our material wealth, or when we think we are "royal" (mine be the power and the glory), we repent at the alter of sacrifice and are restored. Purple is a good color for this sacred article.
I could find no meaning for the fine goatskin leather. Perhaps in part because it is translated a number of different ways including badger skin and Porpoise skin (!). I imagine it is symbolic of a perfect life, without blemish, given to cover and protect all of God's holy possessions (including you and me).
Lastly, I found interesting the whole jealousy issue. The grain offering could have no oil or incense on it, which made it dry and bitter. This was not a voluntary offering in recognition of God's blessing, nor did it really represent truth. Instead it was born of bitter jealousy.
So the offering from the man or accuser is bitter and the water is bitter. But if the accusation is unfounded, the woman is justified before all the people. One of the commentaries I read indicated that this "trial" was also conducted for men if the wife suspected him of unconfessed infidelity. I;m not sure if this is true, and I kind of doubt it given the times, but I do know that all "hidden sin" is known by God, and that he justifies the innocent. I also know that Jesus drank the bitter cup for us (Matt. 27:48) and we are set free from all suspicion and doubt.
Have a good day everyone!
Karen, Basel
good morning my friends,
i have been 'talking' to you for an hour now, sharing the confirmation retreat's high points....there were many! and when i hit 'publish'....too long!! too verbose... i'll try again! smirk!
EVERY life Scripture i quote to the girls was mentioned by the retreat leader-
you are the daughter of a King. we are all ADOPTED into the family of God. God has a plan and purpose for your life.
i was recieving great confirmation (pun intended!) from God, on leading them in the Way they should go! Praise YOU LORD!
they showed a film clip of that part in the lion king where moufasa says 'REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE'...(a personal family favorite that makes me cry and nudge the girls)...well, when he played it, tess STOOD UP from the crowd of kids to make eye contact with me!! an 'a-ha' moment to be sure.
when he quoted that we are all ADOPTED into God's family, i KNEW we'd hit the jackpot! mom, and all i'd been quoting) has just been super validated in this kid's eyes....tess is always respectful to me, but sometimes you can see the thoughts 'yea, yea, you have to say all of this...you are my mom...' i really think hearing it from someone else, who they thought was cooler than me, brought it home... and i was on my knees thanking God...
the kids all made lists of things that kept them from God (much like an excercise we recently did bloggers!) ... sin, laziness, peer pressure, overcommittedness, fear, family situations, lack of knowledge... then later when he called them to the altar to commit themselves to the love and service of God, the kids ripped the papers, as a symbol of 'i'm not letting anything get in the way of my relationship with God'! it was beautiful....no mascara left at this point....
he finished with a bit on the Holy Spirit, and asked them 'what are you going to do with the Power that you will be recieving? (didn't we just ask ourselves this same guestion, bloggers?)
a fabulous, meaningful day... i am so privileged to be able to be on this journey with them, and You all!! thank you so much for the prayers and encouragement and sharing!! it is life changing!
so much love,
amy jane
I would like to put in a prayer request please. One of the husbands we are praying for "Dave" husband to my friend Faye is having Triple - maybe Quad. By-Pass surgery on Monday morning. Will you please pray for them both. Miss tough take on the world (Faye) is pretty shaken.
Thank you
Lynn - OR
Happy Sunday All,
Praying & praying some more for Faye & Dave!!!
Karen thank you sooo much for your faithfulness! I had an wow moment reading your comments this morning. Amy Jane I am so happy for you & your daughter that you both shared such an important time together. In the coming years when you become frustrated with her (teen years are not always easy lol)remember that time & know that God is in control.
1)heard in a new way; Numbers 5:11-31, deals with a husband jealousy & a wife faithfulness. It is better to bring to the Lord our problems & let Him decide the outcome.
2)did not know before; Moses is from Kohathite tribe
3)nugget; I am realizing that I need to let God's organization skills be apart of my prayer life. I need to stop, pray & see what God wants.
Blessings & Peace Mary
Lynn,
Prayed for Faye and Dave.
Blessings,Debra
Good Afternoon all.
5:3 my thought is that God cannot dwell in sin (ceremonially unclean), but dwells with us who have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus.
5:5-7 when we wrong another, we are unfaithful to God. Our actions are either for God or against God. How am I acting, where is my heart in my actions?
Have a blessed afternoon.
Praying for Faye and Dave.
Dixie, glad to have you with us.
His,
Gaylene
It's Sunday and I haven't posted for a few days. Wendy, you make the readings come alive with your nuggets. Also, thanks to all who so openly blog, your insight oftentimes helps my outlook.
I found something online today that I liked and thought it applied quite nicely to our group. It reinforces the influence we have on each other...
Just Think
You are Here,
Not by Chance
But by God's Choosing.
His hand formed you
And made you the person you are.
He compares you to no one else - you are one of a kind.
You lack nothing that His grace can't give you.
He has allowed you to be here at this time in history
To fulfill His special purpose for this generation.
Peaceful Sabbath Everyone:)
Brothers and Sisters,
Lets add to the prayer list our Brothers and Sisters in Chilie. May their loads be lighten through our prayers and giving. What an Exile they were moved into.
My nugget:
*Duties of the Kohathite Clan.
Numbers 4:21-28
*Duties of the Gershonite Clan.
Numbers 4:29-33
*Duties of the Merarite Clan.
Numbers 4:34-49
Doing some pondering this afternoon on: Where is God moving me and what are the duties I am to be doing?
To Do. View my duty list and take it more seriously.
Restful Sabbath All
Rhonda
Lynn, I'll be praying for Dave and Faye. My father-in-law had a quad several yrs ago and did great!
Karen, just curious as to where you found that wonderful information about the colors used. I was pondering those myself before church, but didn't get any further. Thanks!
Y'all have a great day! Off to Bible Study in a bit. We're studying the first part of Acts today. Great Truths! Oh, and we had the scripture of the "scapegoat" from Lev. in church today!! Love how it all ties together! God is so good!
Hugs!
Susan
I can't help but notice how many times the phrase "....just as the Lord commanded" is said. My obedience to Him is so very important!!
Karen, such wonderful insights of the colors. A couple of weeks ago, I wondered about the colors when we were studying the different colors that went into Aaron's and his son's clothing. Where did you find you information? Is it online???
Vernon McGee commented on the different duties of the different clans. "He said that God is not going to reward us for the amount of work we have done, but FOR OUR FAITHFULNESS."
I, too questioned why just the woman was brought to trial, and he said "it is a picture of Christ and the church. He is jealous of our love for other "gods"...idols."
Christ is indeed jealous of our love for other things...do we put Him first, or is He only second, or third in our love?
Happy Sabbath to you all! I have spent the morning, and as it turns out part of the afternoon digging and letting the Spirit speak to me. No phone, no calendar, no computer, just solace with Him. It is AWESOME!
Additionally, I was just given an NIV study Bible, and WHOA! My notes have tripled. I want to go back and re-study everything we've covered up to this point!!!
Anyway, a couple of things that stood out to me from yesterday and today were:
God is preparing his people for battle! He wants us actively engaged in the redemption of those who have fallen out of his grace.
Judah was given the lead instead of Reuben (who was Jacob's firstborn). Probably becuase of the brothers' sin against Joseph and Judah being the only one to stand up for him. Also noted, Jesus came from Judah's lineage.
That the tribal banners possibly corresponded in color to the stones in the breastpiece of the high priest. And that each of the names of the leaders of the tribes had a form of God's name in it.
The whole purity thing really translated to me into Purity as a Community. Further to that, God was dwelling among them, so he wanted his camp to reflect him.
As for women convicted (by God) of infidelity, the punishment being loss of ability to bear children. I had to let that marinate for a bit, because in today's society we have so many other options, but back then a woman's worth was placed on her ability to bear children. Without that, there was really no purpose for her. SO this punishment was intensely grievous.
Sorry if that was long, my notes are WAY longer.
Love you all, have a blessed remainder of your Sunday!
In reference to Numbers 5:24, I looked this up in David Guzik's Commentaries on the Bible and this is what stuck out the most for me:
Surely, both the holiness of God and the perfection of His word testifies against us; we should be forced to drink a bitter cup that would destroy us. But Jesus drank it for us!
Wow now that's a lot to chew on!
Gloria,
NC
Praying for Dave, Faye. Don't worry my dad who's 76 now had a quintuple bypass 4 yrs ago. You can't even tell he had one a year later. In fact he's traveling on Tuesday to Asia w his younger brother.
Karen, I remember the commentary I read last night said they were covered in badgers' skins so that when the Canaanites see them they wouldn't think anything precious is hidden underneath. I think that's what he said. We're not home yet so my commentary is still in our luggage. Oh and the purple cover on one of the furnishings - is it the laver of sacrifice? - signifies the purple robe that Jesus wore before He was saacrificed.
See you all tomorrow. Can't wait to get home.
Wendy,
I didn't get the Open Blog on my email...I searched and would go back every now and then, but it never came up. I will use the side bar tricky to go back and read. I just wanted to let you know.
Jeanne
Post a Comment
Home