Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful--
Nothin' could be finer than to be in Carolina...!
Nothin' could be finer than to be in Carolina...!
The forecast is warm and sunny and that makes me smile. I will keep my doors open while I clean so I can enjoy the weather. I will go out to enjoy sometime but the house does not clean itself.
What are ya'll doing this weekend?My dog is much better. As promised here is a picture of our Bella Maxine.
Have a great weekend! I love you all and continue to pray for you.






41 Comments:
Good Saturday morning! It's supposed to be pretty and warm here in VA today too, Wendy - yeah!! I will be busy this weekend toting my 7 year old to ballet today and to her first ever lacrosse practice tomorrow afternoon, plus yard work and cleaning.
The general thought that struck me from today's reading is - how lucky are the Isrealites that they literally had God's instruction for all kinds of specific situations written out for them. How often I wish that God would just speak directly to me or send me a letter telling me what to do in this situation or that. I tend to have a hard time being still and just listening. You would think the Israelites wouldn't dare turn away from God after all of the curses that were so specifically laid out - they sound terrifying to me. But they do, of course. Makes me think - how many times do I disobey God's will for me out of stubborness, wanting to do things my way... PTL his curses are not as they were in OT times, but I bet I am living on the "east side" of the Jordan river instead of in the promised land when I do things my own way. Not too bad, but could be so much better...
I love that we are all getting to know tidbits about one another - lifting up previous prayer requests this morning. Wendy - is there a way to add other prayer requests to a spot on your blog since the "We're praying" button is currently for spouses, etc. who are unsaved? You all have been praying for Blair & John and he is stable right now after almost losing him on Tuesday, so that is good news. I have a new request though that I'd appreciate prayers for - a college aged girl named Perrin who was just diagnosed w/ cancer in her kidney. She had successful surgery, but has a long road in front of her - please pray for her recovery and her family - 2 brothers in high school who come from a Christian family but are typical high school boys...
Y'all have a great weekend!!
Kate in VA
Good morning!
Wendy, I am so happy for the beautiful day! I'm just a bit East of you in NC, and we're taking our kids and both sets of grandparents to a big kids' museum for Andi's birthday. The bears are much prettier in the sunshine! :-)
Kate, I've often wondered if it would be 'easier' to be truly devoted to God if we lived back then, when we could visibly see Him, but you're right - they couldn't stick with it, and I'm glad I can't find out what I would do!
I loved the promises in today's reading.
3. Deut. 29:10 "All of you today - ... - are standing here today in the presence of the Lord your God." We make our wedding vows "in God's presence," but how often do we think about being in that place otherwise? I don't ... and yet I should. God is with us everywhere and knows everything, so isn't He always with us? Shouldn't I be more aware of His presence and grace? Reminds me of the verse - not sure where it's from - "If God is for you, who then is against you?"
2. Deut. 31:13 Do modern practicing Jews still read this during Succoth, or have they stopped since their physical location has changed?
There's so much more, but my kids are waking up. Time to go make breakfast for everyone. Have a great day!
Good morning!
This weekend, we are cleaning up branches in our yard from the storm last weekend and doing normal spring clean up in the yard. I am so looking forward to a beautiful weekend!
The readings the last few days cause me to just be thankful! I continue to be thankful for God's mercy and grace. I am also thankful that he knows my heart and knows all the small details of my life and He cares about them all. I am so thankful for His Word and His Spirit that He gave to guide me because He loves me so much.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle in VA
Happy First Day of Spring Everybody,
Wendy…Love your puppy…Can see why they call one “a man’s Best Friend”…Our youngest son is a dog lover. We got one mainly for Him but ….I’m even growing pretty fond of her. She loves to go for walks with Me in the morning. When I head into the garage she is there greeting Me cause she knows what we are going to be doing.
Oooooh....Ladies…Wrote down so many notes about you all in my notebook. Thank You all for The Birthday Wishes….March 19th is also the feast of St. Joseph. I felt blessed to be born on his special day....
A popular devotion to this saint is the Seven Sundays Devotion to St. Joseph, which notes his seven sorrows and seven joys. It starts on the seventh Sunday before his feast day. The seven sorrows and joys are:
*sorrow when Joseph decided to leave Mary; joy when the angel appeared to him.
*sorrow when he saw Jesus born in poverty; joy when the angels announced Jesus’ birth.
*sorrow when he saw Jesus’ blood shed during circumcision; joy in giving him the name
Jesus.
*sorrow when he heard Simeon’s prophecy; joy when he learned many would be saved
Through Jesus’ sufferings.
*sorrow when he had to flee to Egypt; joy in always being with Mary and Jesus.
*sorrow when he was afraid to return to his homeland; joy when the angel told him to
Go to Nazareth.
*sorrow when he lost the child Jesus; joy when he found him in the Temple.
My Praising God for all of You:
Michelle in New England…Prayers did go up for your Sister Denise….Can I just give you and your sister a Hug right now and know he holds you in the palm of his hand.….Best Wishes for your daughter today.
Lori….Oh Lori…you made me laugh just right now here I am typing and typing away. So I will know I will have to send another….Girl you have very “generous bones“…Just take a look at the time you give to us each day.
I would like to Welcome the Anonymous One who Posted yesterday at 9:31.…who wrote about “wholeheartedly”….Welcome!!
Mary & Michelle …your verses for Jan those were awesome!! I copied them for myself for a nephew I have whom right now has a job doing border patrol in Texas and Mexico.
Susan prayers were said for the women at the “Just Give me Jesus revival. Love your enthusiasm about running…have a sister whom does “Marathons. I will do a 5K (3 mile) run…Last summer I was impressed with my time.
Grace & Peace…Your talk with your son….I just love reading things like that….wish there were more people with your heart and took the time to teach their children…too many are left to figure things out on their own. (Those times are so precious to me)…also thanks for the web-site Praying and fasting will be joining in.
I would like to Welcome the Anonymous One who Posted yesterday at 9:31.…who wrote about “wholeheartedly”….Welcome!!
Mary & Michelle …your verses for Jan those were awesome!! I copied them for myself for a nephew I have whom right now has a job doing border patrol in Texas and Mexico.
Susan prayers were said for the women at the “Just Give me Jesus revival. Love your enthusiasm about running…have a sister whom does “Marathons. I will do a 5K (3 mile) run…Last summer I was impressed with my time.
Grace & Peace…Your talk with your son….I just love reading things like that….wish there were more people with your heart and took the time to teach their children…too many are left to figure things out on their own. (Those times are so precious to me)…also thanks for the web-site Praying and fasting will be joining in.
Jeanne.. you really do end our days with blessings.
Morgen …with you and so many others on my knees for our “America”
Deb in NC… “Be quiet & Listen…I love those times….that is truly when you can hear Him.
Jan TN …Your son …Tell Him Thank You…for what he is going to be doing. “A Soldier“…reminds Me of “Someone who is Brave…has great faith….courage…strength. I will keep him in my prayers.
Everybody…Thanks!! will post my reading in the next.
Rhonda
Good Morning!
I am looking forward to a beautiful day here in TN too but rain is moving in and colder temps tomorrow :( We had a beautiful day yesterday and enjoyed being outside. Today is cleaning, grocery store and laundry. With the boys home the past few days my house looks like a tornado, lol. I told them we all have got to help today getting it picked back up. Tomorrow we have children's church duty and Will always loves it when we are in there. I feel like we are under attack right now everyone, I think the enemy knows his time is short lived in John's life and he is really hitting hard. John is not really wanting to do the children's church with me anymore or go to the new Sunday school class like he once said he would. I thank you all in advance for your prayers. I am raising my shield of faith and praying against what is going on. I will post more on my blog for those of you that visit and pray for our unsaved loved ones.
Part of my nuggets in the reading today centered on our prayers for our loved ones.
Lord, they do not have minds that understand, eyes that see or ears that hear (Deut 29:4). I pray that You will change their hearts so they will love You with all their hearts and souls and may live (Deut 30:6)!
My other nugget was Deut 30:20 and I wrote in my journal:
"Brandee make this choice: Love the LORD your God, obey Him and commit yourself firmly to Him. This [He] IS the key to your life!!!
I still need to catch on all yesterday's video and postings, I hope to do that this weekend when I get some down time. You all have a blessed weekend. Praying for all the mentioned requests.
Brandee, TN
Hi Just Me again with my reading…
Wendy today I will be doing some house cleaning also….but my doors will have to be closed. We are back into the mid 30’s.
My notes for this reading. Thank You Moses!! Not enough words to explain the example you have giving us….You are indescribable…Thanks Again!!
Deuteronomy chapter 31.….The Lord, through Moses attempted to give Israel various types of “helps” to keep them from falling away from him.
In Verse 3.… “it is the Lord your God who will cross before you, he will destroy those nations before you…” in this Scripture we have God’s promise of his presence and protection of the nation of Israel.
cf. Dt, 6.…Be brave and steadfast, have no fear or dread of them, for it is the LORD, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you.”
(Verse 7-8) In these couple of verses, Joshua is set apart to lead and to guide Israel as its new leader. This means that God also gave Israel the promise of God-enabled leadership.
Verse 9-13) These verses describe for us how the entire law was to be read by Levites to all Israel. Here we see the Lord giving the nation of Israel his written word. They would have this as a wonderful resource to guide them, to warn them when they had strayed from the path, and also his precious promises of blessing upon their obedience. This would also enabled them to instruct their children properly.
cf. Dt. 31:13.…Their children also, who do not know it yet, must hear it and learn it, that they too may fear the LORD, your God, as long as you live on the land which you will cross the Jordan to occupy.”
Verse 19-22) in this small passage we see Moses teaching his special “song”
to the people of Israel. Its message would thereby serve as a warning to them, as well as to future generations.
Notice that Israel had all of these advantages — yet their subsequent history shows that they still often forsook the Lord. Nevertheless, God did all that he could to help to keep them safe –
“Who by the power of God are strengthened through faith, to a salvation that is ready to be revealed in the future time.” — 1 Peter 1:5.
May the work of God’s Spirit in us….continue on….Let us Press on with the singing of his song.
Israel Was Blessed-and so Are We
Rhonda
Rhonda, Jan, Lori, Susan and others who sent up prayers for my sister Denise, thank you and God bless you. I wish I had time to comb through like Rhonda did and thank all those whose postings touched me, but on this busy Shower weekend, I don't have the time. Trust me that when I read you words, I thanked God for you all!
In today's reading, Joshua became the leader of Israel. My future son-in-law, who has flown home from med school to be at the Shower, is named Joshua. He and my daughter will relocate to a "city on the river" - Memphis -- where he will begin his Residency on my daughter's birthday - June 29. Anyhoo...they are both VERY nervous about this big move, new home, new jobs, new life and all the changes in their lives. So today's words by Moses to Joshua really touched me:
Deut. 31 "Be strong and courageous...Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the Lord will personally go ahead of you. He will be with you; he will neither fail you nor abandon you." WOW. How is that for a "God wink?"
Peace, my friends, and a lovely weekend to you all,
Michelle in New England
OooPs...copied a few of you twice.
Sorry!!
Rhonda
Good morning everyone! I haven't posted for a while but wanted to say that I have been here each day since January 1, and love learning each and everyday.
We have snow here today. Hopefully warm weather is on the way. I love to play in the dirt (flowers, gardening).
The reading yesterday really hit home. We live in a small communitiy so shopping is minimal. Well I was frantically shopping for a nice blouse for my husbands upcoming banquet at work. I couldn't find a thing and started to freak out about what I was going to wear. I came home and looked online for a bit. Then I watched your VLOG Wendy. You referenced Matthew 6:25-26. A nice blouse was not something that I needed to freak out about!! :) I think I have a nice blouse that will work for this occasion in my closet. I spent the rest of the evening with my husband and didn't give that blouse a second thought!
Everyone have a wonderful weekend.
Wendy
Missouri
Good morning precious friends! I don't post often and am beginning to see that I am missing such a blessing. I love to read your comments and am so blessed and encouraged by them. Your love for the Lord overflows into love for each other. Isn't it amazing how we can love each other and never have met? I love it!
So many scriptures touched my heart today.
Deut. 29:19-I cannot be safe if I follow the desires of my stubborn heart. That's the bad news! But the Good News is in Deut.30:6 "The Lord your God will change your heart and the hearts of your descendants so that you will love Him with all your heart and soul and so you may live."
Deut. 30:19-20 "Today I have given you a choice between life and death, blessings and curses...
You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God , obeying Him and committing yourself firmly to Him. This is the KEY to your life."
My to do: CHOOSE LIFE! To daily ask the Lord to change the desires of my stubborn heart-(and the hearts of my descendants) to help me to love Him with all my heart and soul.
Phil 2:13 Amplified
"Not in your own strength for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you energizing and creating in you the power and desire, both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction, and delight."
The Lord bless you and keep you and make His face shine upon you,
Lyn
Hi ya'll
I usually don't post anything on the weekend but I had to comment today.
When you read Deuteronomy 30:10 you must compare it to Joel 2. The message is the same but to generations later.
My Fox River friends heard teaching from Joel last weekend.
I love the way God ties His Word together!
What stood out for me:
Deut 30:14 No, the message is very close at hand: it is on your lips ans in your heart so that you can obey it.
After all the rules and regulations, the people are given a way to be able to obey by turning to the Lord with all their hearts and souls.
Deut 30:20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God,obeying Him, and committing yourself firmly to Him. This is the key to your life.
Nothing I haven't heard before, but the part" this is the key to your life" had a big impact.
FIGs we are "standing in the presence of the Lord" (29:10), one who "will never fail nor abandon me" (31:6b). Can there ever be a more powerful promise?!
This address by Moses, you can feel he gives it his all: he pleads (29:2-15), he warns (29:16-28), and he encourages (30:1-14). God is just waiting to forgive and restore, offering a choice of life or death, of receiving a blessing or a curse (30:15-20).
My weekend will be filled with writing papers, plural, for my doctorate class. Don't think I will even take a walk as it is to start snowing shortly. Spring weather... just wait awhile here in NE Indiana and it will change.
Lifting you all and your requests up in prayer.
Happy Birthday late, Rhonda!
May our Father keep you close in the palm of His hands.
Gaylene
Hi Ya'll! (I'm liking this southern twang thang...getting sick of my Minnesota "ya-you betcha!")....haha
Wendy, I had such a dorky thought when reading your dogs name...do you call her BM for short now? Yes, sick, I know.
I haven't read today's reading yet...I'm doing things backwards today...but I'm looking forward to comparing to Joel 2 Wendy.
I am burning calories cleaning my house like crazy today....I've been gone 2 weekends in a row and it is time!
Thanking my Lord Jesus for my online friends. Keep the faith; follow His path; and be still and know that He is God.
Blessings!
Morgen
A beautiful morning in Northern CA. We are going to a Home and Garden show today :0)
So much this morning in today's reading...
Deu 29:19...I am not safe if I am following the desires of my own heart
Deu 30:6 The Lord your God will change your heart and the hears of all your descendants, so that you will love him with all you heart and soul and so you may live!
God predicted the disobedience of his people but he still loved them...just as he knows all I do and will do and he still loves me...What a great and merciful God we serve!!
Have a blessed day...
Sue in Nor Cal
Happy, Happy, Saturday, Lovely Ladies! I was so excited to see all your posts this morning! My routine is out the window this week as we've been on spring break...being spontaneous which is so not my personality! But, I will say, it's been a fun week!
The reading today was so good. Listening to Moses and his last words to the Israelites... reviewing again their past, you could just hear his passion as he spoke to them!
"Now listen!"
"You can make this choice"
"obeying him"
"committing yourself firmly to him"
"This is the key to your life."
"Love and obey the LORD"
I so loved when he told them that "this command I am giving you today is not too difficult for you to understand, and it is not beyond your reach." 30:11
The Israelites knew that God was the key to their life, just as we do today. It was not too difficult for them, as it is not beyond our reach either. But, we are no different today. How many blessings do we miss out from because we do not fully obey? How many times do we let our own idols, the things that our minds focus on, get in the way of placing our focus on God? Truly, I desire to know God and to choose to obey him. Thank you dear Lord, for placing this desire in me. You are changing me bit by bit.
Looking forward to reading Joel 2. Thank you dear Wendy! Loved your pic. of your cute, little dog!
Rhonda - now you know one of my secrets! I'm part rooster! ha-ha! I'm up early cuddled with my little prayer dog reading my scriptures, then, in anticipation listening to what Wendy is going to bless me with, and then,blogging away, and then walking and back home again before the boy's are even up! :) Yikes!! And, guess what-I was NOT a dog person at all-either! My youngest HAD to have a dog, and finally I knew in my heart we needed to do this, and guess what? It captivated MY heart and became my prayer dog! The family is just as surprised as I am! God!
Grace and Peace loved what you wrote about your son and I'm going to check the web site that u talked about. I'll have to agree with you sweet Jeanne ~ I've been feeling more of a burden to pray for our country as well...
I lifted up the Proverbs 31 team earlier today. What role-models they have been to us. I thanked the Lord, for their strength and for allowing them to show their faith, even when their hearts were in shattered pieces. God is working in each one of their lives, and because they are being obedient blessings will come. I love them so much and have never even met them.
Thinkin' about you Michelle and the bridal shower! I loved your "God wink"! :) and, also...I say, "anywho" too, and people give me the hardest time about that! I don't know how I started saying that, but smiled when you said it in your post! Praying for Denise.
Wendy in Missouri-I see some transformation taking place when you are not in the mood to buy a blouse! Mercy, sister! Yeah! Guess what? I like to play in the dirt too! Today, I'm doing exactly that: flower planting, aaahh! So fun...my boy's are busy bees as well...picking the rest of the lemons, oranges, and grapefruit from our citrus. Not exactly their idea of a perfect Sat. morning! ha-ha!
Well, I must close, yikes, I hope it will go through as I hate to "see" how long it is going to be!
I'll close with lyn's words:
"CHOOSE LIFE!" Luv u all, Lori
PS Morgen you CRACKED me UP!
twan thang! ya- you betch! ha-ha
Us Arizonans say, "you guys!"
I'm likin' ya'll...it just has a nice ring to it! AND...Brandee, I can see you in the middle of the chaos-which is just not your style I know! I've got another verse that spoke to me about our unsaved husbands from today's reading and I'll post it on your blog... my, my I've GOT to end! ox
Just staking out my spot before i read all the comments my house is being cleaned right now and all 4 of us are heading out to brunch for some yummy dimsum. And since it's the first day of spring, what does a gril who lives in So Cal w/ gorgeous plans for the rest of the day? Yep, taxes. Then FAFSA if I finish. Fun, right? ;)
As our governor loves to say: Ah-ll be back.
Afternoon now ya'll. No, nothing could be finer than to be in Carolina...just watched UNC beat MS State, yes it's the "little dance", but I luv Carolina basketball.
Got out this morning to watch my husband and nephew run a 10k. It was a blessing and God answered prayer. Nephew was having shin problems and my husband's hip was hurting all week, but they both did 8.5 min. miles...so PTL
It's a beautiful day here in Louisville...
PS - Wendy, your dog is an absolute cutie.
Have a great weekend.
Hi Ya'll
Gleanings from myself and others this week.
Moses is about to die but he goes ahead and writes a song as God requested. Why a song? Because as I have discovered with my older folks, they remember the words to songs 80 years later! About death - I found the following in Isaiah 57:1 " Good people pass away; the godly often die before their time, But no one seems to care or wonder why. No one seems to understand that God is protecting them from the evil to come. For those who follow godly paths will rest in peace when they die." I find it a great consolation to me on my loved ones who are gone and maybe it will help others. I will miss reading about Moses, but RIP dear friend from the Old Testament.
I must relate something that happened to me this week. I have always prayed when faced with a decision of magnitude. And my mind's voice always had the same response. "You have a good brain - figure it out." This week for the first time in my life I heard another voice! I was waffling on a decision of commitment of resources to a church endeavor and it was much on my mind as I went to sleep. I had a really weird dream with people and fires and then before I woke up - clear as a bell - I heard His voice say - Give both ( both being a monetary commitment and a possession relinquishing.) So tomorrow in church I commit to both.....I do so hope that I will continue to hear his word. The only thing I can attribute it to is being in his word daily. Thank you God and GIG!!!!!!
I hope you all hear His word, but if you were like me, don't give up and remember -
Keep on, keeping on and now push for the outer limits!
Blessings, Dixie in Florida
Hi Everyone
Today the Lord is giving us a choice. I loice, will i choose life or death/ r death. Lord help me to remind myself daily to choose obedidience, to choose to follow you, to choose to be quite than to destroy, to choose to listen to you than talk empty words, to choose to be a mother that builds her children up than one who destroys with her loud mouth, to choose to be a wife that listens to her husband (Lord this one it is so hard, please help to obey, i cant bring myself obey a husband that seems to do everything wrong and his way than Your way. I need your wisdom and Direction here Lord. Will this lead loice to death for not listening to my husband who does not fear or honour you, what am i supposed to do Lord). Loice i choose life today, NOT DEATH.
19 “Today I have given you the choice between life and death, between blessings and curses. Now I call on heaven and earth to witness the choice you make. Oh, that you would choose life, so that you and your descendants might live! 20 You can make this choice by loving the Lord your God, obeying him, and committing yourself firmly to him. This[d] is the key to your life. And if you love and obey the Lord, you will live long in the land the Lord swore to give your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.”
thanks everone for blessing us everyday. it has been a journey that is worth everything.
Loice-melbourne
Good evening, ladies!
Love reading your comments!
What stuck with me for today's reading is in continuation with the king's guidelines for being a daily, life-long reader. Deut 31:9-13 "(v11)..you shall read this law before them in their hearing. Assemble the people so they can listen and learn to fear the Lord your God and follow carefully all the words of this law. Their children, who do not know this law, must hear it and learn to fear the Lord your God as long as you live...."
I commented a few days ago about praying that my hubby and young boys would be life-long, daily readers of God's word. Through today's reading, the Holy Spirit made me KNOW that we (I) needed to be reading a chapter a day from the "book of instruction" to my boys. We do a short devotion at breakfast, but I feel like this needs to be added in the evening, so that my boys may "learn to fear the Lord and follow carefully all the words of His law". Please pray for me in this. I want to be obedient and diligent! Also pray that hubby will help!
We read tonight from 2 Kings 22 about King Josiah (became king at 8yrs old -- my boys love this!)finding the Book of the law. I read ahead to ch.23, Josiah gets busy following God's laws and it was said of him in 23:25 "Neither before nor after Josiah was there a king like him who turned to the Lord as he did -with all his heart and with all his soul and with all his strength, in accordance with all the Law of Moses." My prayer for myself, my family, and all of you!
Looking forward to Moses' song tomorrow!
That last comment was from me...sorry! The 73 degree weather yesterday and the 37 degree weather today IN TEXAS has me confused! :-)
Tiffany, TX
Hey yunz,
I missed you ladies and Wendy.
Just spent the week in beautiful Palm Springs/Desert Springs, CA on business/pleasure(1st time visitor) trip.
As we flew over the desert and saw the mountains, I thought of the Israelites. I understand why they complained so much about their wilderness treck. The desert is desserted, but we stayed in the oasis part. The Israelites could have experienced land like this beautiful, fertile, watered land around the Mediteranean instead of 40 yrs. in the desert. But their lack of faith and disobedience caused it. I'm just as guilty. I complained of the pollen.
Snow capped mountains in the desert-who would figure? Was Mt. Sinai that beautiful as the fire blazed with God talking?
However, we left the 70's degrees and we have snow back in Arkansas, again.
Reading the Word and obeying It seems to be the theme here. Deut.30:6 says the Lord will change our heart and the heart of all our descendants so we'll love Him with all our heart and soul and live. Do you pray for your children, grandchildren, and their grandchildren to believe in and serve Jesus? I do. Then we are to teach them to fear God and obey His Word.
I wonder how many times the Lord tells us to be strong and courageous, not to fear. Is this a major problem with people? It is with me.
Have a great weekend all.
Linda from Ark.
Dixie from Fla, thank you for Isaiah 57:1. As many of you know (and Lori asked again on Tuesday, thanks Lori), my SIL is in the last stages of her fight with cancer. She is young (early 30s) and she and my brother have not been married long. I cannot imagine the struggles these two are having! I know not the decisions I would make in their shoes. I cry many tears, but I took courage and hope from this verse. Thank you again, from the depths of my heart!
I am back in Basel and have been up since 1:30 am (jet lag) catching up on my readings, the vlogs and your comments. I can only echo all of the WOWs I have read over the last 4 hours. You each are amazing and together y'all bless beyond words. Happy birthday Rhonda! Morgen "ya sure, you betcha"! I particularly like how so many of you have listed personally each person's statements that struck you. I will not do that to cover 4 days! But know I smiled, prayed, and pondered.
Deut. 32:1-3
1 “Listen, O heavens, and I will speak!
Hear, O earth, the words that I say!
2 Let my teaching fall on you like rain;
let my speech settle like dew.
Let my words fall like rain on tender grass,
like gentle showers on young plants.
3 I will proclaim the name of the Lord;
how glorious is our God!
Did you see how many times God was called "our rock" in Moses' song?
And then Psalm 90:
1 Lord, through all the generations
you have been our home!
2 Before the mountains were born,
before you gave birth to the earth and the world,
from beginning to end, you are God...
4 For you, a thousand years are as a passing day,
as brief as a few night hours...
14 Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love,
so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.
15 Give us gladness in proportion to our former misery!
Replace the evil years with good.
16 Let us, your servants, see you work again;
let our children see your glory.
This is my prayer, and my to do. Wait on the LORD for whom 1000 years are as passing as a day; and let me see His work and His will; let my children see His glory.
Praying hard in Basel,
Karen
Great comments again, GIGs. It is such a blessing to read each and everyone of them before going to bed. My question is: where's Jeanne?
Well, I didn't get to doing our taxes. DH & I ended up watching the Sinbad comedy DVD and laughed and laughed. That's why I felt convicted when I read Deut 31:22 'So that very day, Moses...' I am such a procrastinator! I think I just don't want to know how much we have to pay the gov't this year...oh well, maybe tomorrow - though I can hear the excuse already, but it's a day of rest! ;)
Kate, I wondered the same thing. If we would have fared better than the Israelites if we lived during those days. Imagine 40 years of walking around in the desert and their clothes and shoes did not wear out. And they were given manna that gave them the perfect balance of nutrition (as evidenced by their still wearing the same shoes, thus no swelling associated with malnutrition). Did they not see God's work in their lives that they still chose to disobey? That is baffling.
Loice, I feel for you, sister. I have asked the same questions you asked re your husband. May God give you the grace to do what He wants you to do.
Let us pray what was written in Deut 30:6 The Lord your God will change your heart..." May God change his heart and the hearts of all the spouses in our prayer list.
Let me share what Jon Courson said in his commentary about faith: "Faith is like a muscle. It needs to be exercised. And we need to exercise faith in a most practical way. We need to choose in the midst of a storn, when it seems as though our boat is sunk, to be of good cheer...the Lord is truly near.
"Faith comes by hearing (Rom 10:17). We take faith in as we hear the promises of God's word. Faith is worked in by the hearing of the Word --but it's worked out by the SPEAKING of the Word...Faith that works is not only a matter of having devotions in the mornings and bible study at night but it's a matter of speaking out that which we have taken in.
"Prov 18:21 says the power of life and death is in the tongue. How often we kill our faith either by the words we say or fail to say. Next time you are fearful about the future, boldly speak out that He has already said -- and watch your faith grow."
Good night, all.
Before I get to my comments on Sunday's reading, let me thank our awesome God for the blessing of a gloriously beautiful, warm, sunny day yesterday for my daughter's Bridal Shower, for safe air and land travel for all the guests, and for allowing us to have a "flawless, fabulous and fun" shower, to quote the bride.
Unfortunately, my sister Denise went to the hospital instead of the shower, but I sent her a loooong email about it, and will share photos with her. Hopefully the doctors will be able to correct her misbehaving heart!
Good old Moses certainly is having a looooong last word in our reading this weekend, and tomorrow, too! Here are the passages I highlighted today:
Deut 32:4 "He is the Rock; his deeds are perfect. Everything he does is just and fair." (Tough to believe, but believe it we must.)
Deut 32:15 "Then they abandoned the God who had made them, they made light of the Rock of their salvation." (I, like the Israelites, have also done this, but vow to never again have this be true of me.)
Psalm 90:17 "And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!"
My to do: Care only about my God's approval. Seeking approval elsewhere is disobeying. It is worshiping a false idol.
Peace to you all, and enjoy your Sunday!
Michelle in New England
I don't usually post on Sunday, -I think I said that last Sunday too, (smile) but, i had to today! Plus, I have PLENTY of time before church and the boy's are still sleeping! I have to share with you something I read last year re: the prophetic Song of Moses. Many of you may remember from last year, however, there are so many of you cutie-pies on board with us this year that I have to share it again, for ya'll! I read in my margin in my Bible about the 'dew' at the very beginning in verse 2. So, I'm going to copy right out of Bible Pathways-my source because they said it just perfectly:
"The heat of the sun and the dew of night may seem far apart and opposed to each other but, unaided by human hands, they work together to produce a harvest. Who hears the dew fall or waits to see this spectacular event? It descends gently and softly during the dark of night when we are not aware that it is falling.
To illustrate an important truth, God has chosen the insignificant but very important "dew." Moses began his song: "Listen, O heavens, and I will speak!...let my speech settle like dew." (31:1 & 2).
The purpose of the dew is to maintain life during dry seasons. Only living things benefit from the dew. It does nothing for stones nor dead leaves but is spontaneously absorbed by wilted plants. Dryness of spirit is always a cause for alarm: darkness is not, for you need not see what tomorrow will bring. Days of meditation in the Word of God will refresh and influence very gently and as unnoticed as the dew in the darkest night, it will bring life back to a dry soul."
All of us, to do: Never worry or be fearful for our Father knows how to prepare us for the tests and trials that come each day.
Since I read this a year ago, each morning, I look at the dew in a whole different 'awe'!
Kate, praying for Perrin and the road ahead. I have two typical teenage boy's myself, and I can not imagine a third with cancer on top of that! One of my sweetest friends in the whole-wide world shared something with me that Beth Moore had said, and I'm praying this also for Perrin's parents:
"Lord, You've got everything I need today."
Loice, it was so good to "see" you back. I love G & P's verse to pray. I pray daily for all of our unsaved husbands. God is working in them-we don't see what he is doing, but remember his ways do not come with a formula! He knows exactly what he is going to do, and he has all of us with these particular unsaved men for a good reason! Fight the attacks of the enemy when they come in to divide you. The enemy will place negative thoughts on your mind and try to divide you from your hubby! Ask the LORD, to open your eyes and to be able to see everything He sees in your husband. Ask the Lord, to show you how you can bless your husband today, and how you can even love him more. When your husband says words that are not positive, ask the Lord to help you to be able to respond back with a pleasant tone. The enemy is controlling your husband. He is blinded right now of God's truth. Not to worry, sweet Loice, because God does have a plan...just love, love, love, and let your light shine, shine, shine. God will take care of the details. His ways are just better than our ways!
Karen, glad you are planted safely back on ground! God is working in your SIL and brother's life too. He hears your prayer's. I've been praying for your husband too, to get a job.
aahh, Wendy-Joel 2, THANK YOU! I read those chapters yesterday.
Ladies and "quiet" Gentlemen:
As sweet Dixie says, "Push for the outer limits" and sweet Gaylene says, "Father keep [us] close in the palm of [Your} hands"
Make today, the best Sunday ever! I'm so looking forward to Worship and studying God's word with my home church...love you guys so very much! Lori
Michelle, we were typing at the same time-another early bird is up and going! I was wondering how the shower went, thank you for the report! I'm so sorry Denise is in the hospital, I was hoping she could make it. I know how special aunt's are! My sissy is the most-favorite aunt to my boy's! I'm asking God to make Denise's heart behave, and for his perfect will in this situation.
Hugs, Lori
Good Sunday morning ya'll!
My takeaways:
old: "they act so perversely"
"they are a deceitful and twisted generation"
"is this the way you repay the Lord, you foolish and senseless people?"....again....Moses is speaking to us as much today as he was to the Isrealites back then. Praying for our nation.
New: I clearly read that vengence is the Lord's. I need to learn not to take matters into my own hands, but to trust the Lord to come through for me...whether it be right away or at judgement day. Vengence is much better handled by my God.
Nugget: "even the best years are filled with pain and trouble; soon they disappear and we fly away".
I need to trust the Lord. To fear Him and grow in His wisdom. I need to cling to Him in good times and bad and to believe in His unfailing love, no matter what the circumstances are in my life at any given moment.
Amen and ya sure you betcha!
Morgen
Peaceful Sabbath Everybody...
Just hopping on today to tell yhea's all....How much appriciated you all are:)...Prayers were said for many of you in church today.
Loved Moses song....(Each Word)Would be a great one to memorize.
For me though there were many highlighted....I read this one to my youngest teenage son whom is 14...he loves sports...(and would like to make it to the big leagues). Teenage years...Oh most of you know what they are like. We try to tell him...be in Gods word...So he hesitantly listened when I read Him these words from Moses:
....Deut 32:45...When Moses had finished reciting all these words to the people of Israel, he added: "Take to heart all the words of warning I have given you today. Pass them on as a command to your children so they will obey every word of these instructions. These instructions are not empty words-they are your life! By obeying them you will enjoy a long life in the land you will occupy when you cross the Jordan River." I explained this is something we parents are suspose to do...We really do want to see you succeed...but we believe if you have God go before you...you will.....
....And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful! (Ps. 90:17
Explained....But even the best years are filled with pain and trouble....Ps 90:10
If God is for us who can be against....I today am thankful for the trials I endured....God Kept after me I was really really stubborn.
Warm Blessings
Rhonda
Good Sunday morning all :)
Morgen, you crack me up, I just watched the movie "New in Town" and they're in Minnesota and i totally hear their accent when you type your "ya sure, you betcha"! Thanks for the giggle
Well I had a ton of notes yesterday, but didn't get around to posting, and now have a ton more from today, so I'll just stick with todays :).
Lori, I really loved what you posted about the dew, that nearly had me in tears. Most of what I took from yesterday was CHOOSE LIFE - and the gift your nugget was a blueprint for just how to do that. Along with G&P's post from yesterday about faith. I thank God for speaking to me through you ladies!
My old/new from today was Deut 32:18. This grabbed me today because my earthly father turned away from me when I was about 20 years old, for reasons I do not understand, but basically to follow his fleshly desires instead of his God-given role as my dad. This passage struck that chord, not that I can relate to even a fraction of what God felt when Isreal did this to him, but that I don't ever want to do that to anyone on earth, and CERTAINLY not to Him. And too, that He may use my pain to bring me closer to Himself (I am reminded here of Joseph's struggle). I just love Him so much for being with me in my pain. That makes it so much more endurable. And I pray that He may use me, the way he used Joseph, to bring my family to Him and to great prosperity in His light.
My new was 32:21b - This is referring to the New Testament (specifically mentioned in Rom 10:19) when the Gentiles (viewed as uneducated fools by the Jews) were the ones receiving and understanding Christ's teachings and infuriating the Jew's because THEY were God's chosen people (even though they sinned so greatly), and THEY should be the only ones receiving His word. I didn't know this was predicted so early on.
To do: continually trust in my God, my one TRUE Father who has said He will never desert me, from whom I can never stray too far from because I am His. And to not be proud; to humbly accept teachings from Him through those I might not expect it from because they are foolish or uneducated in my eyes.
Thank you all for your awesome words. My spirit is lifted up so high right now and yet I feel so raw. Like i am cut open for all to see my insides as I watch Him continually extract my sin and heal my heart.
Blessings :)
Happy Sunday Afternoon Everyone,
I am getting caught up on the video and posts from Friday on this rainy afternoon. It has turned back cold and wet here in TN. I think it is going to be short lived though and get warmer as the week goes on. I am SOO ready for the warm temps to stay like you have there in AZ Lori :)
Several things popped out to me in the reading today. Again in Deut 31:15-21 my heart was drawn to the state of our country right now. I know one of you GIGs mentioned us having a day of prayer for our country. I think I will start doing that on Fridays on my blog. The rest of the days will be for our unsaved loved ones and those not following close to the Lord. G&P, thanks for the link to the prayer and fasting event and Morgen and Jeane I loved what you guys wrote on Friday. May the Lord bring us to our knees.
My main nugget was Deut 32:47a, "These instructions are not empty words- they are your life!" God's Word is not just some book that we can read, it is life and it tells us truth. THE truth, the only truth for which to base our life upon.
Hope you all are having a great weekend!
Brandee, TN
Good Afternoon,
I just have to share words from a song that we sang together during worship this morning. The words made me think of our future generation...our children have been most on my mind this week. I so badly want my faith, 100%, passed down to my own boy's. I want them living for the Lord, in a real way.
Today, I believe the Lord let me hear this song so that I would know in my heart that He also hears my prayers:
"I see the king of glory
coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
Hosanna
I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
[loved this part!]
We're on our knees
Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
show me how to love like you have loved me
Break my heart from what breaks yours [this has been my burden too]
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause...
Hosanna in the highest[!]
Thank you Lord for your sweetness. You do hear all of us as we seek you with all of our hearts'. We, so desire to know you more each day. We want our husbands to experience your love also. This world so badly needs a future generation living to obey you with all of their hearts. Lord, you are everything to me right now. Thank you for listening to every prayer request that I lift up to you. You are working to complete your perfect will on this earth. Amen.
Abiding and clinging to Him, my perfect Father, who knows all, sees all, and hears all! Lori
Lori, your boys are lucky to have a mom with such awesome hopes for them and their generation, and who is willing to pray about it. Thank you for the song lyrics. Thank you, also, to ALL who have sent up prayers for my sister Denise.
"See" you all in the morning for our last day with Moses. I wonder what teaching Wendy has in store for us?
Peace,
Michelle in New England
Beautiful weather Thursday, bike rides and all, snowstorm Friday, and back on the bikes today! That is Iowa for you. And we are celebrating the UNI win! YEAH!!
Rhonda--Friday was my mom's birthday too--thanks for all the neat references!
Thank you to all who commented on my post last week to spend time with the Lord -- I love how we help each other out!
I was at a Mary Kay conference here in Des Moines this weekend, then catching up from Spring Break.
I loved the "Today you can choose a blessing or a curse" so choose life thoughts! I also wondered how Moses felt when, after ALL the instruction and leading he has done, the Lord told him the people would again disobey. How frustrating for him!
I enjoyed the post from the person who said she liked the "God of the New Testament" better--I remember feeling like that when I was younger!
Have a great evening everyone! Jennifer--Iowa
Good Sunday evening to everyone!
Thankfully, the snow has melted from yesterday. I don't think we are out of the woods yet as far as weather here in Wisconsin. I'm happy as long as we stay above freezing and we had some sunshine today which is nice. Spent the day with my husband's family yesterday. We are so blessed to love both our in-laws. Today is cleaning day and I took a nap earlier!
I really enjoyed this weekends readings. Again, Moses continues to review the rules and covenant with the Israelites. I'm thinking he has a sinking feeling that the Israelites will betray God. It is almost as if he is going over it as many times as they betrayed God on their way to the Promised Land.
I loved 31:6 "So be strong and courageous...he will neither fail you nor abandon you" It makes me feel at peace, but this is also something that I need to apply to my life. I don't think that I do give my whole heart and trust to God and I need to work on that. He is going ahead of me and he WILL put me on the right path. This really speaks to my heart right now. I'm working on changing some things in my life and I need to remember patience, strength, courage and trust in the Lord.
In today's reading there was so much good stuff.
I loved psalm 90:12 because I feel this is the goal of life. To understand how precious and frail life can be. To never take anything for granted.
My nugget is to continue to work with and grow in my relationship with the Lord to make my effort in life successful(90:14-17) so that I may sing with joy.
Wow, good stuff.
I love everyone's comments and feel so blessed to be among such wonderful people. I am learning so much from you all. Thank you Wendy for your enthusiasm and support.
Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!!!!
Kristin-Wisconsin
Thank you Wendy and I will pray for you and your group of ladies from Proverbs 31 ... our Spring break begins this week too.. Love The Sunshine Tina Robinson/Indiana
Hey, y'all! Just a quick note before I go to bed! The Anne Graham Lotz revival was awesome! Thank you so much for your prayers!Anne is so real! She showed us and gave us time to practice reading through the scriptures in small doses and then thinking about each one and asking specific questions for understanding.
Jill Briscoe was there as well...she is an amazing prayer warrior! So many ladies went to the cross on Friday night to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior...beautiful moment! I'm still on the mountain top high--reality hits in the morning! Going to finish my reading for this weekend. See y'all tomorrow!
Hugs!
Susan
Holla!!! Hey G&P, you can rest well tonight as I am back!!! It is such an honor to be "missed" by you and Rhonda. I really missed writing last night, but I had studied so much about Deut. 29:29 and other verses, PLUS, I took our little family-hubby, son and DIL,precious g.son, and D and her hubby (who has the same b.day as me) out to Outback for my 60th b.day. Then the g.son &family stayed for a while, so I was late in getting into the study part. :)
I HAAVVEEE to share some though. I copied versions of Dt.29:29 and then looked up and read the references to it: John 5:39 "You search the scripture because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me."
Acts 1:7 "He said to them, 'It is not for you to know times or epochs which the Father has fixed by His own authority.'"
2Tim.3:16 "All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness." THEN with the help of Mr. Henry (a lot of help ;))I wrote out my To Do for Sat. :
1. To know that there are no answers for why God would form such a group as the Israelites, whose ruin He plainly foresaw and then not prevent the ruin by His Almighty Grace. It is not for me to know-> it can't be answered & therefore, is not fit to be asked.
Lord, I just want to trust Your wisdom and grace for what You have planned for my daily life, my children's lifes, and for this country. I want to trust Your Secrets and know that they are for my and our nation's best interest.
2. I want to inquire into that which God has made known---the part that will save us. I want to acquaint myself, my husband, my
children &g.children,my unsaved family members with those things that God has revealed through His Word. I have many chances to search His Word and make sure that I do just that. These things are things I'm interested in, rules that I MUST live by, grants I am to live upon; therefore, I am to learn them diligently and faithfully for myself and teach them to my family and others who are precious to me.
3. ALL of my knowledge of Your Word must be in order to practice, for this is the end of all divine revelation, "not to furnish us with curious subjects of speculation and discourse, with which to entertain ourselves and our friends, but that we may do all the words of this law, and be blessed in our deed."
Also, from all of this in the last 2-3 days of reading, I CANNOT IMAGINE what it must have been like to have been there when all of these blessing and curses, the song, the calling out to heaven and earth as witnesses was taking place before crossing over. I just think this scene would be "fantabulous."
In Dt. 29:20-21--> "The Lord will never pardon such people.....All the curses written...the Lord will erase their names from under heaven. The Lord will separate them from all the tribes....Instruction", M.Henry states that "there is scarcely a threatening in the all the book of God that sounds more dreadful than this. O that presumptuous sinners would read it and tremble...a real declaration of the wrath of God against the ungodliness and the unrighteous of men." O that men and women, boys and girls, sinners and nonsinners would realize the seriousness of the Wrath of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!!!!! It is a heavy burden I carry as it seems that soooooo many will just not accept Him and be obedient to His Word and His commands. Thank you, God, that You are merciful!!!
Mark 16:16--"He that believes shall be saved; he that believes not shall be damned." Pretty cut and dry to me!!
I'm going to close for now, but I want to write on and on; however, I have to be up at 6 a.m. in order to keep a precious little fella, Nicholas, my 2 yr. old g.son, and it is now 11:36 p.m. ;)
My Savior Has Forgiven,
Jeanne
Woohh! I had to cut off some of my post...too many words.:)
The reason I signed off as Forgiven is because I had stated that I had not been the Christian mom I should have been to my children. There is so much more to having a home with God at the center than just going to church when the doors are open, having your children in all the church activities, going to church meetings and activities so much that your children miss time with you, and teaching SOME of the scripture, and having a mom as a believer and a dad who isn't saved. I am so ashamed, even after 20 years, that I didn't obey Dt.6:4-9. I cannot undo those years, even though my adult children say I was a good Christian mom, I know differnently...esp. as I see the difference in my later years of growing so close to Christ. So, GOD BLESS YOU PRECIOUS MOMS who are so diligently and faithfully sharing and teaching Jesus with your children DAILY. Jennifer, I think of you and your desire and willingness. Do not give up!!!!
I pray esp. for you. Brandee, Will is so blessed!!! Tiffany, that your sons want to hear you read the Bible is wonderful. Rhonda, your time with that 14 yr.old son who loves sports and yet you let God's influence lead...reminds me of times spent with my son, Brian, when he was a teenager...hold those times tight in your heart!!!! Now, I pray that God will allow me to do right by his son and my future grandchildren.
This is the reason I am grateful for a merciful and forgiving Savior,
Jeanne
Rest in the Lord!!!;)
I have been busy this weekend with baseball games. But what a beautiful Saturday here in GA. we had to do it. Bring on the "Spring Time" ~ my favorite time of the year except for the allergies.
I still stand to be amazed at all the new things I am learning through doing this study. Thank you Wendy for leading us throug it.
Post a Comment
Home