Open Blog Weekend August 7-8
TAX FREE Shopping in North and South Carolina this weekend!

I spent the whole day Friday shopping with my beautiful daughter. We had a budget, stayed within that budget, and watched God multiply our money. He is so good to us!

Saturday: mop and clean all the floors. There are several sticky stains that must be removed. I don't even want to know what the stains are. Clothes are washed- so floors, toilets, and dusting then some time with my laptop are on tap for the rest of the day. Oh yea, and I need to plan something for supper. Any suggestions? Maybe I will hop over to She Cooks for some ideas from LeAnn.

What are ya'll doing this weekend?


29 Comments:

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Saving my spot for the weekend comments.
I love the story of Shedrach, Meshach & Abednego and how the Lord was with them in the fiery furnace. Sometimes we do not get rescued from our trials but such a comfort to know He is there with us in the midst of it.

Plan for the weekend is to catch up on some recreational reading. Maybe stay in bed the whole day? (I can always hope.)

Have a wonderful weekend dear GIGs.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello everyone:

I have a praise and what my plan for the weekend and next week is: I have a job! And I am preparing to move by next Friday! Yes, I got a job doing companion care. I will be making lunch and dinner, light housework, changing the bed, washing clothes for a 91 year old man. There may be two more people to work for after I get up there. I do have some help with the move. My friend and her husband are coming down to help me with my move. They were a blessing to me. They came down to bring me up for the interview for this job and brought me back home. They took a car load of my stuff with them to go back home today and they will be back down next Friday to get the rest of my stuff and I will be going up on Friday too. What a blessing.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

I hope all of you have a great weekend.

Blessings,

Elizabeth in CA

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Elizabeth! I'm so happy for you! Thank you for sharing such great news. Praise God for His provision. What a blessing your friend has been to you. Keep us updated and I pray that you will join us again once you're settled.

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Here is a thought for the weekend. Make this a blessed weekend.

Happy moments, praise God
Difficult moments, seek God
Quiet moments, worship God
Painful moments, trust God
Every moment, thank God

Elizabeth in CA I am sooo happy for you about your new job and as my spiritual mom says when I share good news with her, "I'm dancing a jig".
I found your comment from Wednesday, July 28, 2010. Wendy's title for that day was "Waiting While He Works." That seemed like a perfect title for you.
In your comment a part of what you wrote was, "Waiting on God while He works out His plan for me. Besides looking for a job, I may have to leave my home at the end of August if I don't get a job real soon here. If God does want me to move, I am asking Him what He wants me to do, what is my next step.
I don't have family members that I can live with right now. They know my situation but they cannot help me financially right now. If I have to leave my home, I appreciate your prayers that God will lead me to the right place where He wants me to live. Truthfully, I feel scared at times because I don't want to end up back on the streets homeless again, but I know I have to give that back to the Lord and believe His promises to me that He will take care of me. It is of the Lord to help me be patient as I wait for Him to tell me what to do."
Elizabeth look at how fast God moved. Your comment was a week and a half ago. God blessed you with a job and friends to help you move. How blessed you are.

FIGS this past Tuesday I told a friend from church that I was going to move probably next year. She asked me why I wanted to move and she told me not to move. When I told her I wanted to be closer to my family she said I haven't lived near my family for years and I still see them. There are a few other reasons for me moving like I feel like I need a change and I want to be a little closer to my best friends. After her comment I started feeling a little unsure about moving. I started feeling like I don't really know why I want to move. I have told two other people from church about moving but they didn't say anything so I don't know what they think. I know my pastor doesn't want me to move because I'll most likely have to go to a different church. None of my friends from church may want me to move but my family and three best friends think it's a good idea. I want to move and I know I can't let one person who says not to move determine my decision.

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

I had to share this verse.

For Daniel 3:25 the NLT says, Look!” Nebuchadnezzar shouted. “I see four men, unbound, walking around in the fire unharmed! And the fourth looks like a god!

For Daniel 3:25 the KJV says, He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

In the NLT it says, "looks like a god". the word god is a small g. I would think that this is referring to an idol not the God in Heaven.
In the KJV it says, "is like the Son of God". Son with a capital S referring to Jesus and God with a capital G referring to God in Heaven. I hope this makes sense.

I was going to look at the commentary for Daniel 2 about Nebuchadnezzar's dream but right now I'm tired and I've had a slight headache since last night.

Anonymous Jennifer in Iowa said...

Hello all!
I had a WONDERFUL time on vacation in Florida last week, swimming, parasailing, eating!! I was not able to have internet like I thought, so keeping caught up was not as easy. This week I have tried to catch up, but boy did I miss you guys and your comments! It just isn’t the same!

Elizabeth – congratulations! That is wonderful! I am so happy for you.

Wendy—I am celebrating my two youngest’s birthdays this weekend! Have a houseful of 10-year-old girls right now from a slumber party last night and today is actually my now 5-year-old’s birthday, so we will hit the pool and have family over tonight.

I also have a praise—I have been praying for a new PT job to go around my other one, but instead, God put an incredible FT job in my lap! It is the office manager for our school, so I can be with the kids, and off when they are off (summer, holidays!). The woman before me was there 14 years, so I have big shoes to fill, and TONS to learn, which I am a little overwhelmed with. Now, I need to tell my job of 16 years that I am stepping out, which is NOT easy for me, as I don’t do change well!

I haven’t read yet for today, but I see from the comments the story is of Daniel, my favorite! We did a musical in third grade about the whole story, so I always remember the details of this (and can still sing the songs!). I had a wonderful music teacher who made music come alive, and I was recently able to tell her how much I appreciated her.

Have a great weekend! Jennifer in Iowa

Blogger LeAnn said...

Hmmmmm... will you clean my house too? I'll trade you for dinner :)

hahahahahaha!

I think today is a great day for making your own quesadillas! All you need are large flour tortillas, cheeses, and grilled chicken or whatever else you want to put in them. In fact... I think I'll make these this week and post the EASY recipe!

My mouth is watering!

Great BIG hugs to all your readers for their continued support and prayers for She Cooks, for me, and for our precious Gabriel! Ya'll ROCK!

Blessings,
LeAnn

Exodus 20 lists the Ten Commandments. The first and second are to have no other gods before Him and not bow down before the Lord our God. These 4 were keeping these commands. God honored there faithfulness.

What's amazing to me is Daniel 3:27
"Not a hair on their heads was singed, and their clothing was not scorched. They didn't even smell of smoke."

Neb. recognized God as all powerful, but later He had to humble Neb., as low as eating and living like an animal, then Neb.worshiped God. How fast we can change.

We're having lunch with friends, so I better get ready.
Have a wonderful weekend, all.

Linda from Ark.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elizabeth, God answered our prayers and has provided friends to help in your move. I praise God that He is always right on time. May He opens other doors for you to minister to those in need.
Today's readings were thought provoking. I made many verse notes.
Dan.2:28 There is a God in heaven who reveals secrets; 29.has shown you what is going to happen. 30. God wants you to understand what was in your heart.
Dan. 3:17 the God we serve is able to save us. 18. we will never serve your god or worship the gold statue you have set up. 28. they were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except our own God.
I was reminded back in the 60's (I know this was before many of you were born)(smile), during the Cuban missile crises, my children and I began to ponder what would happen if we were taken over by the communists. They came up with several ideas...hide our Bible by cutting the foam in our sofa cushion and questioned, "Would we deny our Lord? Would we be strong in our faith to die for what we believe?" Some soul searching questions! Today we are faced with similar decisions. Many "What ifs". May we be strong in our faith and trust the Lord with all our heart and lean not to our own understanding. Pray that we listen and obediently follow our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Hold tightly to His hand.
Have to go pack as I'm leaving Sunday after church to drive to Greensboro to be with Sarah and family. She is doing well and will see her doctor on Wed. Again thank all of you for your prayers.

Have a great weekend everyone.
Teeny

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank everyone who prayed for George who had a carcinoid tumor removed from his right lung. God is so awesome! The tumor was contained and he had to have the lower and middle lobes removed. He is scheduled to leave the hospital earlier than planned because he's doing so well. Thank you God! We give you all the praise!
Karen C. - cent. OR

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning everyone!

Elizabeth – Rejoicing with you on answered pray for a job. Will continue to pray for you as you make the move and transition.

I haven’t read the reading yet today but plan to on our two and a half hour drive to a wedding this morning. I teach Sunday School for 1-4 graders and our lesson tomorrow is on Daniel and the Lions Den so I’m really looking forward to the reading.

I would ask that you prayer for me this next week as we leave on Tuesday to take our son back to college in MN. He is on the football team and has to be there two weeks before the rest of the school. We have a six hour drive and haven’t decided if we are staying over yet. I’m starting to feel emotional already. I know the check in routine this year so I know it won’t be as hard as last year.

Have a great weekend
Kris

Anonymous Lori said...

Praise the Lord, Sweet Sisters’ on this very glorious, Saturday morning! Today, bright and early, I had an opportunity to put Wendy’s anger lesson into action! Walking along with Radar – we were a couple of miles away from our home…and guess what? – it began raining! (A rarity in AZ) Now, normally, I’d get my feathers ruffled up, but not today! Today, I looked at it as if it may be my last opportunity to take a walk in the rain! Oh, I decided to capture the moments and do the snoopy-dancing a jig-dance! Smelling the rain and looking at God’s beautiful creation brought joy to my heart. Radar, on the other hand did not share my feelings! He is a Prince who acts like a Princess (does not like his shoes (paws) to get wet, nor does he enjoy his hair-do (fur) to get wet either, so with a smile on my face, I cupped him up right close and held him tight and continued on my way! Enjoy every little step as I walked along…oh, to hold him and feel God’s loving arms wrapped around me, as the Spirit guided my every step! There was nothing like it, praying and enjoying God’s creation, in the middle of the rain!

This is a last weekend of sorts…school starts back up, so it’s saying, ‘good-bye to summer days’ and ‘hello, to school’ this weekend! My mom turned 75 yesterday, so tomorrow we will be enjoying family time as we gather together. -Wendy, I’m planning a kabob party! Chicken/veggie kabob’s, along with fruit kabob’s…it’s a fun party theme.

Lot’s to praise Him about today, dear girls!!! Reading through the posts, we have much to shout, ‘hallelujah over!’ Let’s give Him the glory, for the great things He continues to do - right in front of our very eyes! Thank you, Lord!

Living today to share His love, Hugs and prayers coming your way! Lori

PS Absolutely LOVED today's reading - I hope to get back to share my thoughts.

Blogger SuzyR said...

Elizabeth...I am so happy for you...such a blessing to have such great friends, too

Karen...Great news...

Kris...Praying your trip will be a joyous one...so blessed to have a son going to college...

Dan 3:27...nothing was burned or singed...except the ropes that bound them...God is so cool!! God is always with us...no matter what...Thank you Father...

We are celebrating our Granddaughter's First Birthday today...

Have a wonderful day
Sister In Christ,
Sue

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Afternoon, Sweet Sisters in Christ!

I am relishing the fact the Lord is opening up more time for me to get on and post all that He is opening up in His Word! I watch Wendy's videos each day and when time permits read comments! You are all such a precious group of ladies!

Daniel 2:20-23 stuck out to me big time! Praise the name of God forever and ever, for He has all wisdom and power. He controls the course of world events, He removes Kings and sets up other kings. He gives wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the scholars. He reveals deep and mysterious things and knows what lies hidden in darkness, though He is surrounded by light. I think and praise you, God of my ancestors, for you have given me wisdom and strength. you have told me what we asked for and revealed to us what the king demanded.

Wisdom and power, wisdom and strength! WOW! Those words popped out at me and I recalled James 3:17

It states, This wisdom that is from above is pure, peaceable gentle and willing to yield!

Thank You, Mighty God, for sending Jesus to us as wisdom, truth and light! He is pure, peacable, gentle and willing to yield.

I see this willing to yield as not giving us whatever we want but patient, tender and merciful as we are gently wooed back to You, Lord, through Your Word! Oh, how we may be determined in Your Wisdom and Your Strength this day!

We can do all things through Christ! Praise the Lord, the One and Only!

I pray everyone has a blessed weekend in whatever God has in store for them. What treasures you are!

In Him,
Bethany

Anonymous Lori said...

Today GIG, the reading has so many nugget’s – I had a very hard time selecting one point. But, I keep going back to a section in Daniel 2: “the feet and toes you saw were a combination of iron and baked clay, showing that this kingdom will be divided…some of the strength of iron…other parts will be as weak as clay” The strong and weak areas “can not hold together” (43) - “just as iron and clay to not mix” (43) oh, they will try to mix, but it will not work (43).

Babylon and Jerusalem –spoken of in the Word, are symbols to us today showing us that today, too, we have a choice to make. As we walk along the straight and very narrow road, along side the Lord, (yes, peculiar looking many times) we, often times will approach two gates – two ways to go. Are we going to veer off to the left or to the right, or are we going to listen with intention to that small voice guiding us, and keeping us on tract?

On the contrary to how we feel dear girl friends, and to how our mood is, each and every morning we have to wake up and set out to be: determined, to live on purpose, and to intentionally live according to God’s Word - not, according to the ways of this world. As Jesus said, in Matthew 6:24: “No man can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other, you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Dear Lord, Often times it is a bumpy road you’ve placed us on. A wiggly road that has many directions pulling at us, and drawing us away from the direction we know is right in our heart. Keep each one of us in your precious Word each day. Your Word is alive and active in us, allowing the Spirit, to guide our every step. Thank you for this personal counselor that you have placed inside each one of us. Lord, may we not be selfish and put our faith in our idols. Help us to rely on the power you have placed inside us, when we feel weak. With certain, we can do all things through You! Fill us up to the brim with your Holy Spirit. Today, we seek to follow only You! Thank you for this encouraging group of followers that morning after morning, encourage us to love Your Word even more. Continue to direct the sweet serving Wendy, that you have hand-picked to lead us in our journey. With arms lifted up from one end of the world to the other, we stand together in awe of You! In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

EnJoY the weekend, lovely ladies! Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday!

Hmmm. What am I doing this weekend? Waiting patiently for Monday. Trying to remember Patience is a virtue. Praying for all including my "bosom buddies".

Today's lesson - how appropriate for me! Three men thrown into a furnace to burn. Not any old bread baking furnace but one used for industrial use. And they came out intact. Someone else was seen in there with them. For me, the burning equals radiation, if I am lucky enough to have that and not chemo. And someone else will be right there with me. Am I afraid? I would lie if I said no. A psychologist says that humans spend 90% of their time thinking about their past or worrying about the future. I am making him accurate about the 90%. But believe me, it would be sooooo much harder if it were not for my journey thru the Old Testament with you'all. I am so happy for Elizabeth and her new future.

The last six weeks our Pastor has been giving sermons based loosely on a book called When the Game is over It all goes back in the box. by Jon Ortberg. So I got the book because the sermons made so much sense. I want to share today what the jacket says. "Winning the one game that really counts. A fantastic career. A new house. A plush 401k and a secure retirement. Good, all good, but is that what it's all about. No matter how skillfully you play it or how many tokens you acquire, a time arrives when the game of life comes to an end. Now what? NOW IT ALL GOES BACK IN THE BOX.' GAME OVER. What did you win that you get to keep? Beginning with the right object - being rich toward God, shows what it takes to really win at the game of life. This book helps you live with an eternal perspective, keeping your eye on the true prize - the one that unlocks the gate to the kingdom of God."

Morbid Dixie? No, it's a reality. Mentally put post- it notes on all you see around you - either temporary or eternal. The only ones that get eternal are the people (and I hope pets). All else is temporary!

Jon says so much more in his book and I highly recommend it. The sermons are online thru our church site. I would like to share some more of the book with you if time allows.

So, good evening to you and have a Blessed Sunday.

Dixie in Florida

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Saturday afternoon all -

SAPing for Dixie, Angela, Gabriel, Kris and all the other requests.

Great news for Elizabeth and Radar!

So, its a little hard for me to write what I am about to post, but here it goes....

I often wonder if I would have had the same response as did Shadrach, Meshach and Abvednego to the news of being thrown into a fiery furnace. The faith they had that Our God would save them but if for some reason He didnt they wanted to make it CLEAR that they would NEVER serve any other God. Oh, I pray that would be my response as well. Would I end up giving in, I surely hope not. What a testimony it was that they left the furnace unharmed!!!!!! So much so that King Nebuchadnezzar commanded that all praise God and no other gods after that. Amazing.

Off to start dinner - btw Leann I LOVE She Cooks - thank you for it.

Kelly

Blogger Gaylene said...

What wonderful praises today and special ways of celebrating each other this weekend.

What I am doing this weekend, is very much a repeat of past posts: writing two papers due on Monday.

What hit me today with our reading was found in Daniel 2:12 when the verse is talking about the gods of the Babylonian people and how the gods "do not live among them" How sad for those people and how blessed we are that our God lives among us.

Praising God for His many blessings and SAPing for the needs of this great group.

His,
Gaylene

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is the first time I have blog.

I spent the day helping my husband finish tearing down a house. It is such a blessing to spend time with my husband and children. How time flies by. Today, my daughter had her 1st date (she said it wasn't a date, I know better) and I pray that she will continues in God's will and not be let astray.

As for Sunday, My family and I will be out in the hay fields baling before it gets really hot this week. I live in Missouri. I pray that God provides a cool air around us and no one gets overheated.

I gave my life back to Christ 2 years ago and it has been a struggle for me to keep in his word and I find it hard to remeber to to pray often. I ask for your prayers that I will become stronger in his word, his will, and learn how to be the daughter, wife and mother he wants me to be. I enjoy spending time with the Lord I just don't do it as much as I should. It is a spiritual battle of the flesh everyday.

Well, I need to go now.
In Chist's Love,
Gina

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, this is the first time I have blog.

I spent the day helping my husband finish tearing down a house. It is such a blessing to spend time with my husband and children. How time flies by. Today, my daughter had her 1st date (she said it wasn't a date, I know better) and I pray that she will continues in God's will and not be let astray.

As for Sunday, My family and I will be out in the hay fields baling before it gets really hot this week. I live in Missouri. I pray that God provides a cool air around us and no one gets overheated.

I gave my life back to Christ 2 years ago and it has been a struggle for me to keep in his word and I find it hard to remeber to to pray often. I ask for your prayers that I will become stronger in his word, his will, and learn how to be the daughter, wife and mother he wants me to be. I enjoy spending time with the Lord I just don't do it as much as I should. It is a spiritual battle of the flesh everyday.

Well, I need to go now.
In Chist's Love,
Gina

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome Gina! We are in the same time zone-- I am in Nebraska and it is 10pm.

We just got home from our trip and I am popping in to say Michael just went out with a friend and I will be saying my prayers until his curfew of midnight... This is his maiden voyage, and I have faith that he and God will allow fun and not temptation. I asked him which Mass he wanted to go to tomorrow, and he said he didn't. I said we are all compromising, and we will go to whichever one he prefers. He settled on 7am because it is shorter (less music!). So anyway, we have a ways to go, don't we, friends? I have to be patient and loving in this respect, I cannot dictate faith, only expect him to follow our rules.

I have been reading but not having time to comment-- will do so tomorrow.
Blessings and goodnight for now!
Jacque

Anonymous Jennifer--Iowa said...

Dixie,
John Ortberg is my favorite author! I love that book, and all his others!
Jennifer--Iowa

Blogger Kate said...

Good Sunday morning, GIGs! Gina - welcome! Glad to have you along & will be praying for your journey. Wendy's blog is a great place to be. Dixie - That book sound so interesting. Did you say it's linked online through your church? I'd love to hear more about it. Elizabeth - congratulations! I work at the same school that my daughter attends and it is great! Lori - back to school already? We only have 2 weeks left. Speaking of living in the moment - I am being very purposeful each day to be thankful that it is summer and I don't have to worry or think about lesson plans, students, parents, etc. Coming to an end too quickly... SAP for all requests lifted in yesterday's comments.

I have to confess that I am somewhat anxious to get out of Jeremiah. I'm looking forward to reading some more "story" and less prophesy of the impending doom. One section of today's reading did stick out to me though:
Jer. 9:24 "But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone:
that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord
who demonstrates unfailing love
and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth,
and that I delight in these things.
I, the Lord, have spoken!"

Wendy - I spent time yesterday cleaning and we're painting our front and side doors this great green color - dreamy lime it's called! Now I need some bright pink flowers in white boxes - that, and a trip to the pool, are on my to-do list today after church. Have a great Sunday!
Kate in VA

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Sweet Sisters!

What another beautiful morning in the Word!

Jeremiah 11:20 O Lord of Heaven's Armies you make righteous judgments and you examine the deepest thoughts and secrets. Let me see your vengeance against them for I have commited my cause to you.

This passage quickly brought me to a paragraph in Louie Giglo's book I am not but I know I am.... To joyfully choose to make our lives count for His renown is to join His cause and to get on board with what He is already doing with or without us!

Praise the Lord for His works! May we all join His cause this day as we walk in obedience to His Spirit and His Word active and alive in us!

Thank you, Lori, for your prayer yesterday and for sharing your heart and the Lord's Spirit within you! What a blessing you are to this group of believers!

May we choose to take a positive look at the possibilities of the future and begin to calleth those things that be not as though they were. Romans 4:17! May we walk with our spiritual eyes to see and ears to hear. May we be open to what the Spirit is saying and not what the world is saying! LET God speaks to us about our future! This is from Joyce Meyer's, Battlefield of the Mind!

Praise the Lord for we serve the Creator of evertyhing that exists! Jeremiah 10:16

Lord there is no one like you! For you are great and your name is full of power. Who would not fear you, O King of nations? That title belongs to you alone! Among all the wise people of the earth and in all the kingdoms of the world, there is no one like you. Jer 10:6-7

Have a blessed day serving the One and Only!

In Him,
Bethany

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good, sunny, Sunday morning in New York,

As I read Kate's comment, regarding
less prophesy of impending doom and more story, I was thinking exactly the same thing last night. My husband did comment on my new found knowledge of the Old Testament. I admit, it has come alive in my head reading it in chronological order. My hearts strings are just tugging for the prophets we have read in the Bible thus far, and the righteous remnant.

We spent most of Saturday up at our three acres in the country tidying up in our barn and odds and ends - it was a cool, 75 degree day. We also painted 4 picnics tables - a job we neglected last summer.

Last evening, my married daughter walked over with her family, and her MIL (who is a good friend). I went in my basement to get a jar of homemade bread and butter pickles for them, and OH MY, there was a bat down there. YIKES. Oh ladies, I do not like bats - they scare me to death. What a commotion. My husband caught it - PRAISE JESUS. Looks like we need a cover on the chimney.

I homeschool my soon-to-be 12 year old son, and I got his curriculum ordered last week. Hard to believe fall is a-coming.

I am off to make a potato salad for dinner tonight.

Rhonda in New York State

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I came across this on Jon Courson's website, Searchlight. It is the daily devotion for the day in regards to Leviticus 8:5-6

How does the Lord prepare us for service? First, we must be washed with water. Ephesians 5:26 identifies water as the Word of God. “Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you,” Jesus declared (John 15:3). “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee,” David proclaimed (Psalm 119:11). The washing of the water of the Word cleanses our souls and purifies our spirits. That’s why a person just can’t get too much Bible study. Even if you don’t understand it all completely, and even if you don’t think it’s making an impact, it is.

“When the Spirit comes, He shall bring to your remembrance all things I have spoken to you,” Jesus promised (see John 14:26). The work of the Holy Spirit is to remind us of the Word. He will not, however, be able to bring to our remembrance what we have not put in our memory. That’s why we must read Leviticus, Ezekiel, and Haggai.

“But I don’t get those books,” you might protest. “They’re boring.”

Read them anyway because you’re putting the Word in your soul, and in due season, at the right time, the Holy Spirit will put the pieces together in such a way that it will blow your mind.

This Daily Devotional is an excerpt from the book "A Pillar By Day" by Pastor Jon Courson!

In Him,
Bethany

Blogger Gaylene said...

"My grief is beyond healing; my heart is broken" Jeremiah 8:18a "As Jesus approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it" Luke 19:41- who is my heart breaking over, am I praying over for if I don't will anyone?

Gaylene

Blogger Brandee said...

Hey GIGs! Hope you all are doing well. Will starts back to school in the morning so I hope to start reading comments and posting again :)

I have an urgent prayer request for you all this afternoon. Please pray for John. Our Pastor is coming over TONIGHT at 7:00 Central time to talk to him. We had an AMAZING service this morning where he talked about salvation, baptism and we had communion. The Holy Spirit was heavy in that place. My son Will and I went to the cross together and prayed that God will not let John get through this day without Him! My Pastor has told me to be praying over this day, 8-8-10 for three weeks now. I ask that you all please pray a prayer for John today that he will turn his life over, listen and yield to the Holy Spirit in his life and give his life to Christ. Please pray for wisdom and the Holy Spirit to guide my Pastor's words tonight as he talks to him and to us. Thank you all in advance for praying and I will let you all know what happens.

Miss you guys terribly! I pray some more time will open up now that Will is going back to school for me to begin posting and reading comments again.

In His Love,
Brandee, TN

Blogger Kate said...

Brandee - Very great news!! Please update us later...
Kate in VA

Post a Comment

Home