When Bones are Dry and Hope is Gone
"We have become old, dry bones-all hope is gone."
Ezekiel 37:11


My Take Aways

Something Old:
There are days when my bones are spiritually dried up, days when I need the spirit to breathe life into them.

Something New:
Ezekiel 37: 20-28
I circled all that "I" (speaking of the Lord) was going to do. What a merciful God we serve! After all is said and done, the destruction is over, the lesson is learned and punishment has be rendered He will restore them completely. Restoration will be as a whole-no divisions among His people.

Something to Do:
Continue to be open and honest with the Lord about being spiritually dry. Continue to ask Him to breathe life into my bones each day so that I can breathe His life to others.


31 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Alli,

So great to hear about Ryan and your family! Thank you for sharing! Grace and Peace, I hope the pain from your dental surgery goes quickly and that you get the rest you need. So bitter sweet to take sons (or daughters) to airplanes for school! My two are on opposite ends of the world now; one in CA, one in South Korea, and me and my husband in Switzerland. Thank God for the internet and Skype!

Wendy, great teaching today about the Spirit of God and the breath of life! Amen and Amen!

I also loved the illustration in Eze. 37: 20-28, of the unifying of Israel and Judah. God will unify them, one King will rule over them, He will cleanse them,and make a lasting covenant of peace with them. I can't help but remember back to Exodus when I AM revealed himself to the Israelites and the Tabernacle was consecrated. Exodus 29:42b-46

"There I will meet you and speak to you; 43 there also I will meet with the Israelites, and the place will be consecrated by my glory.

44 "So I will consecrate the Tent of Meeting and the altar and will consecrate Aaron and his sons to serve me as priests. 45 Then I will dwell among the Israelites and be their God. 46 They will know that I am the LORD their God, who brought them out of Egypt so that I might dwell among them. I am the LORD their God."

God promises over and over again to never leave us or forsake us. He promises to live among us forever.

In all His promises, he seeks to have us acknowledge Him as Holy and Sovereign, to really know Him. He seeks to glorify His Holy Name (again in Eze. 39:7).

Hear His words in John 12:28 when Jesus predicts his death:

28Father, glorify your name!"

Then a voice came from heaven, "I have glorified it, and will glorify it again."

My to do: Know God. Seek Him with my whole heart. Remember that His Spirit lives within me, and I am part of the Temple that is among us forever. Look for God to glorify His Holy Name.

Have a great Tuesday all!

Karen, Basel

Blogger Rhonda said...

Great morning…Wendy same page this morning…Yes “Spirit” gives life!!

This reading was read the 5th Sunday of Lent, Year A

Ezekiel 37:12-14
Thus says the Lord GOD: O my PEOPLE, I Will OPEN your graves and have you RISE from them, and bring you BACK to the land of Israel. Then you shall KNOW that I am the LORD, when I OPEN your graves and have you RISE from them, O my PEOPLE! I will put my SPIRIT in you that you may LIVE, and I will SETTLE you upon your LAND; thus you shall KNOW that I am the LORD. I have PROMISED, and I will DO it, says the LORD.

Margin notes:
* “Thus says the Lord” is meant to get our attention.
* The same idea is stated twice, with word order reversed. This is a poetic technique meant to give emphasis.
* This is God’s promise of restoration. The fulfillment of the promise will persuade Israel of God’s great love for them. “And I will do it”…..spoken with strength and conviction.

Commentary :
The old liturgical calendar designated this Sunday as the start of Passiontide. Through that designation is gone, these readings propel us toward the climactic events of Holy Week and Easter. Together they help us to contemplate Resurrection and new life.

This reading is not addressed to individuals, but to the nation of Israel, languishing in exile without hope of restoration. Their situation seemed as hopeless as the end of apartheid, the reunification of Germany, or the end of the Cold War. It is just such hopelessness that the prophecy seeks to dispel.

Spoken in a battlefield over the dry and barren bones of long-dead soldiers, this prophecy proclaims the death of despair, the inevitability of the impossible, the advent of new hope. God’s voice, not the prophet’s, makes the promise (twice!) that graves will be opened and the dead will walk again in the land of Israel. The exclamation “O my people” frames God’s promise. Can you hear the urgency, the sincerity that kink of repetition conveys?

Written long before belief in life after death became common among the Israelites, the stark images of this passage speak, nonetheless, of God’s love and protection accompanying us to the grave and beyond. During the exile, being resettled “upon [their] land” was the only form of resurrection that mattered. “I will put my spirit in you that you may live….” is a promise of such restoration. In this text Ezekiel presents one of scriptures most striking images to offer his message of hope……for many wounded hearts long to hear such words of promise.

The second reading for that week was from Romans 8:8-11 …..In this reading count the number of times Paul uses the word “Spirit.” Like Ezekiel, Paul draws a contrast between what is and is not life, and that difference is the Spirit of God who alone can transform “flesh” into “spirit.” “flesh” for Paul represents those who have not embraced new life in Christ, who live only to please themselves. “Spirit” refers to those who have accepted newness of life and live selflessly, pleasing both God and neighbor.

Spirit gives life,
Rhonda

Blogger Rhonda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Amy said...

I've been looking forward to today's reading for months! I wanted to see how the prophecy of Gog and Magog fit in the timeline and with what was happening around it. Is that referenced anywhere else, or is this the only place this particular prophecy is mentioned?

I haven't been able to watch the video yet and have to get the short people up and moving - I'll try to be back later. Joel C. Rosenberg presents his research about this prophecy in his book 'The Ezekiel Option' and explains the who, where, whats on pages 220-245. When I was a kid, I was sort of taught that Bible things can be symbols for others, and it's fascinating to me to study it as it IS, taking God's word for what it is. If He says the whole world is gonna shake, I believe it! (It scares me, but I believe it). Can't wait to see what all of you got out of today's reading ....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Wendy for devotional today. We need encourage words. You are right without the word of God(Biblie) and God. We can have restoration...at some point everybody need. By the way the devotional yesterday was a reminder that He really love US.

Anonymous Lori said...

Good Morning, Lovely Ladies, on this last day of August!!! So, enjoying your posts, and the praises mixed in! Truly, girls God does here our every request. This morning Wendy, I had to laugh, - when your little dog began barking, my RADAR, joined right in! Barking like there was a dog over to visit! Aren’t they just a hoot! They recognize their little friends! Hey, I just love your enthusiasm each morning! I find myself smiling at you, and wondering, “what’s going to come out of her mouth!” – All good, all good! Love you!

Today, my special gem was the following verse:

“And when my Temple is among them forever,” (Ezekiel 37:28). NLT

“when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore” (KJV)

Girl’s---I had to look up ‘midst’ and guess what it says?
Interior
Center
Heart
middle
among us

God is in the middle of us, among us, in our heart’s—wherever we go, He remains with us! As we read His Word, the Holy Bible, the Words come into us, -sometimes right there on the spot, and other times, throughout the day(s). We have His Word, right at our finger-tips, and we have Him with us, inside us! The Spirit gives us that life, which allows us to live a day in victory, abiding in Him.

That dear friends, is a gem worth pondering on all day long! Have a blessed day! Lori

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIGs,

Wonderful teaching today, as usual, Wendy, and a timely message to me and probably others as we face getting "back in the saddle" this week with school beginning. I'm feeling a bit apprehensive about balancing everything this year and keeping the Spirit alive and well in my "midst" (thanks, twin) but I know that if I stay in His word and keep listening to your teaching, Wendy, then I will be given the peace and the strength I will need, BECAUSE...

and here comes my nugget (Ezekiel 39:28-29)
Then [Michelle]will know that I am the LORD [her] God, because I sent [her] away to live in exile and brought [her] home again. I will leave none of my people behind. And I will never again turn my face from [Michelle] for I will pour out my Spirit upon [her]. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!"

Thank you, almighty Father, for your promise of restoration -- promised and fulfilled! Thank you for bringing me back from exile and breathing Your Spirit upon me! And I thank You for another day to praise and honor You!

Prayers today for all intentions, especially for comfort, strength and healing for our ill sisters, and a "Spirit of power, love and self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7) for all our returning students.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
P.S. Lori, did I miss an update on Radar's health? How is he doing?

Thank you everyone for your extras.

God's Spirit breathes into those dry bones. I need His Spirit,too.
(Reference below says the OT had not stated, nor the OT saints suspected that God exists in Trinity with the Holy Spirit.)

The "Nelson's Illustrated Bible Handbook says this about chapters 38-39:
"The 3 most common interpretations for this passage are that:
1. it describes an attack by Russia and its allies on the Middle East
2. it describes a final catastrophic struggle with real but unidentifiable powers
3. it is a symbolic portrayal of the struggle between the church and the world, demonstrating that God comes to the aid of his people." (He identifies Gog, who rules Magog and and is associated with Meshech and Tubal and mentions Rev.20.)
This is deep! It's hard enough for me to live in the here and now.

In chapter 38:17-23, God protects His people again by sending a natural disaster-is it an earthquake and a volcano?

Anyway, the temple will be rebuilt and God will be in the center.
Is that an illustration of us?

Have a great day, all.

Linda from Ark.

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Good morning, GIGs! It's been a week or so since I've been able to get to the vlog and read all of the comments...but I have been doing my reading each day! And, today's was wonderful! Wendy, I loved the scripture that you pulled out this morning. I have those days when I am so spiritually dry. This was just what my spirit needed. And girls, your comments were amazing!I truly do appreciate them. Lori, I loved what you found out about the meaning of "midst". Thank you!

I happily told my husband last night that in less than a month, we would be in the New Testament! We would have us some Jesus!!! I cannot wait! But, this time in the OT has been wonderful--rough at times!I needed to know the history behind the OT and how it led to the NT, and now I do!

Y'all have a wonderful day!
Hugs!
Susan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teach it, sister. Proclaim His word for us to hear. Thanks Wendy. You ARE called to teach.

In 24 days we will get to read of our Messiah coming to give us life everlasting. It will be hard to read about His pain because of the cross, but understanding why will bring us to tears after reading about the dry bones etc. We have read the gloom and doom and soon now the glory. Gives me goose bumps. The reason for the reading of the OT is to be our school teacher to bring us to Christ. Bring Him on, open the curtain, the overture is beautiful, the players are familiar, we are thirsty for His presence. Praise God for the rest of the story.

Donna - TX

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Hi figs. It's day 143.

Wendy, I'm with you. I would have loved to experience the dry bones coming to life. When I read about the dry bones it made me think about us being dry bones before the Holy Spirit filled us with new life. Sometimes we do become spiritually dried up but we can always ask Jesus to refill us with his Spirit.

Wendy you had me smiling today. As you started teaching all I could think about was how much you sounded like Beth Moore. It made me laugh in a good way. You always teach with so much enthusiasm but today it really sounded like Beth Moore was teaching.

Blogger Michelle said...

Amen Donna!Lovely post

Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless you Wendy, and i know that he does.
Thank you so much for today's message, i sure feel dried up today, can't really say why or maybe ijust don't want to. your message was exactly what i needed to hear.

Blogger achildoftheking said...

Wendy... simply amazing how God's words spills for through you. Thank You Father for using Wendy for Your purpose and to bless us. In Jesus' name, amen.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Karen,
Thank you for your sweet words. I'm experiencing less pain everyday and hoping I can chew on the other side again. My son did make it to his destination yesterday and even sent me a picture of his room for the next 3 weeks. Your daughters are spread out! If your one daughter is in So Cal, I can check on her once in a while. (Moms have to stick together)

Amy,
I, too, am excited about this reading because it is so timely. Ezekiel 37, the regathering of the bones. As God said in v. 11 11 Then he said to me, “Son of man, these bones represent the people of Israel. They are saying, ‘We have become old, dry bones—all hope is gone. Our nation is finished.’ How amazing that this prophecy, given thousands of years ago was fulfilled when Israel was regathered as a nation on May 14, 1948. Even PM Netanyahu acknowledged it: http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=898508

What is even more exciting is that it means God's other prophecies will also come to fruition. Ezekiel 38 is about Gog and Magog.

So now the prophecy turns and is directed towards Magog, which is the ancient name for those people who lived in the area of the Caucasus and the mountains north of the Caucasus, which is the present day area of Russia, along with Meshech and Tubal, which people were the ancient Scythians that inhabited the area known as Russia today.

Along with Persia, which, of course, Russia, part of Russia is a part of the ancient Persia along with Iraq and Iran. Ethiopia and Libya, along with Gomer, which is Germany, but mainly eastern Germany and Poland. Along with Togarmah, which are your Balkan States: Turkey, and Yugoslavia, Romania.
www.blueletterbible.org

It also said that the enemy will come in horses. I read that it is possible to do so because the horses are not detected by our sophisticated radars. They can come unnoticed. What also is astounding is how Israel will be rescued by God against the invading army. Then their eyes will finally be opened to the one true God in fulfillment of Romans 11:25 For I would not, brothers, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles be come in. The fullness of the Gentiles suggest that there is a certain number of us to be saved. I wish I knew who that last person would be so we can hurry things along!

The verse about taking 7 years to clean up the bodies suggest the after effects of a neutron bomb. Neutron bombs do not harm buildings, only people. Scary prospect for those left behind.

To be continued...

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Here is a summary from Pastor Chuck Smith:
Israel is now in the land. The next event, and there will be probably many of them taking place simultaneously, will be Russia's invasion which will be quickly squelched by the power of God, the church being caught out to meet the Lord in the air, the Spirit of God then being poured out upon the nation Israel as they recognize that the Lord is God, the rise of the antichrist, the final seven-year cycle that the earth is to go through. The first three and a half years being a time of relative prosperity, and then plunging in to that great horrible bloodbath, the Great Tribulation, when God begins to judge the earth for her unrighteousness and sin. And Revelation chapters 6 through 18 give you vivid details of this three-and-a-half-year period. In fact, there is no period in the history of the earth that is more documented than this three and a half years, as far as the Bible is concerned. God has written more about this three-and-a-half-year period than any other period in the history of man. And Revelation 6 through 18 tells you the things that are going to transpire in that three-and-a-half-year period. Giving you vivid details.

At the end of that final seven-year cycle shall the Lord Himself come in clouds with great glory with His saints and He will set His foot in that day on the Mount of Olives, and it will split in the middle. And He will enter into Jerusalem through the east gate, which we'll get to next week in our study in chapter 43, which will be open for Him. And He will establish His reign and His kingdom over the earth and we shall live and reign with Him upon the earth for a thousand years.

So that is the sequence of events, and we are right now at the border and only God knows how close to the next major event of the church being caught up as Russia begins her invasion of the Middle East. God said, "I have said it, and I will do it." Now He's been a hundred percent accurate up till now. He's got Israel back in the land. He's got the land all plowed and planted and again bringing forth abundantly. The waste places have been rebuilt. Now it doesn't seem practical that God would bring it up this far and then just dump the whole thing and say, "Well, let's forget it." Having brought it this far, you can bet He's going to take it all the way.

And we're in... well, we're ready to begin the final countdown. The countdown began when the commandment went forth to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. The countdown began. And they counted down the sixty-nine seven-year cycles, the 483 years, and right on target the Messiah came. But then there was a foul up. The Messiah was cut off. The people of Israel were dispersed. The countdown ceased, it stopped. It was on hold. Now it is necessary to start rearranging things. Let the people go through a long period of desolation. "For two years, or two thousand years, Hosea, you will be scattered and dispersed. But in the third year I will raise you up and you will live in my sight." Or, "for two days, the third day I'll raise you up" (Hosea 6:2). Two days, "a day is as a thousand years to the Lord, a thousand years as a day" (II Peter 3:8). Israel was dormant for almost two thousand years. But God started bringing them into the land and He's almost ready to start the countdown, once... you know, the countdown will start once more as soon as Russia makes her invasion and is destroyed and God puts His Spirit upon Israel, all systems go. The countdown starts ticking off again. You're in the last seven years. And there are a lot of fascinating events. We'll be getting into some of those next week as we move into the rebuilding of the temple. And I've got some fascinating things to share with you concerning the rebuilding of the temple in Israel. As we get into this prophecy in Ezekiel and as we compare it with the prophecies of Revelation. But we're getting ready to start the countdown.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi ladies,

I don't have a lot of time today - but Wendy I just had to say a quick thanks. I was feeling just this way today - dried up, and hope is gone. I mentioned yesterday Elliot has been sick with a cold for past week and his sleep is way off. He has been up for long stretches through the night and naps are all over the place if we get one. I just feel so spent.

Thank you for your teaching today - it was nice to feel that warm hug of understanding. It gave me back a little hope today.

A quick praise report - I got some excellent feedback on my very first magazine article...working on trying to submit it to be published in the next few weeks. I can hardly believe it!

Have a wonderful day girls. Thank you always for your fellowship. It's always a blessing to know there is someone to reach out to on these dry, weary days.

xoxo Jodie from Ottawa

Blogger Michelle said...

Jodie, what wonderful news about your writing! Congratulations, and praise the Lord [smile]. Hey, next time the little one deigns to take a nap, take one with him! Peace!

Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Jodie, what wonderful news about your writing! Congratulations, and praise the Lord [smile]. Hey, next time the little one deigns to take a nap, take one with him! Peace!

Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allie, wonderful news about Ryan and your family! Good for you, Jodie, have faith in your gifts and keep at your writing!

Yesterday was my last full workday in clinic. This also begins a reduction in hours for the rest of the staff as well, until we find another doc. So, working one afternoon a week, my job is dried up, my time with co-workers is dried up, my joy in serving patients is dried up, my income is dried up. Hmmm. So I got up this morning, and what hit me between the eyes as I read?-- dry bones!

The ironic thing is, I work for a bone doctor! No kidding. We have bone, joint and muscle models all over the counters, in baskets and containers-- "dry bones" everywhere!

God was speaking to me today. I am committed to send an email to our doctor today with this reading, to let him know that things are going to be OK. If God can restore flesh, muscle and skin, and can breathe new life into dead bones, he can also restore new doctors and breathe new life into our workplace, so that we can be made anew in spirit and purpose!

Dear Lord, shower my boss, my co-workers, and me with Your graces, as we struggle through this challenging time in a valley of dry bones. Help us to look beyond, to stay focused on Your Will for us, and to remain grateful for the many many blessings we continue to receive from You. We know You have already planned the right persons to fulfill this work, so help us to be patient as we expectantly wait. Amen.


Blessings and prayers for all,
Jacque

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, your teaching is just what is needed. Thank you for allowing the Holy Spirit to speak through you. A breath of freshness!
The posts each day have been so full of content. Thank you, GIGs, for digging for me. I am being nourished by the Bread of Life!
My prayers for each of you and your requests.
Update: the rash was caused by the antibiotic given via IV for my surgery. More cream and prednisone is helping. I am now peeling in those rash areas. It's like I was sunburned. Get staples out 9/7 and hopefully be able to return to NC next week.
Blessings to each of you and my thanks for your prayers.
Teeny

Anonymous Gina said...

hey girls. Don't worry, I didn't forgot any of you. I have been reading daily & reading your comments. I haven't read today's passage, I started a new job & had to travel 1 1/2 form home for training. I was reading the comments about dry bones or having dry up spirit. In Deuteronomy 30, it tells us that we can choose life or death. I really love verse 20: to choose life means to love the Lord your God, obey his commands, and stay near him. (The Devontional Bible). When we choose life, we are breathing in Jesus, walking in his obedience & having a personal relationship w/ him. Isn't this wounderful that we are able to be fill his presence and refreah our spirit everyday. Well, I need to get to training, I will try to post later. Thinking about you all and praying, love Gina

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Them bones, them bones, them dry bones, now hear the word of the Lord......I can't get that song out of my head today! Anyone else? And for so many hope today. Jacque - how pertinent can a reading be? The rest of the song says them bones gonna walk around - with the amount you have in your office, better watch out!

Yes, I have been feeling very self and family centered recently. So I am going to do some more volunteering. I went to visit Special Populations last Friday and got more than my fill of loving people. Sunday in church, although I sat where I normally do, a mother and son sat ahead of me. Found out the son had been a member of Special Pops a long time ago so I felt it was a sign to me to continue. Jenn-Ren, how are you doing about considering the place right next door to you now that vacation is over and you are renewed? I want to mention a program I was in last year and probably this year too. It is strictly online and is called "In2books.com and they are always looking for online volunteers to start with the school season. They can explain it on their site far better than I can. Not a major outlay of time nor money particularly if you get the books from the library. I am also looking into a program thru the Boy Scouts for character development K - 12th. Now who can develop character better than a real character herself? Smile....

I have been overcome with the prophecies coming true already mentioned in the OT. Now we are facing the future prophecy as outlined in G&P's notes. I believe them - just a matter of time. I have just finished a short book called "Secret Believers" by Brother Andrew and will snail mail it to any who wishes. Amy has first dibs since she had me get involved with Joel
series. It is the story of Christian believers in the Islamic dominated world and their persecution and faith. There is also a website for this which I am going to go to.

Lt. Laurie seems to be OK for now. She is very sparing with emails but they don't want to test for six months. Our current plans are to meet with her brother and me in Arizona for a week in October before being sent to Baharain. She has already made her reservations and I will make mine tomorrow after I talk with another doctor about hormone therapy. I need to convince him that IV HER2 therapy is not needed - similar to chemo (but no
hair loss). Linda, Linda, how are you? I think you might already have had your surgery. We are all praying for your recovery.. I know there are too many "I's" in the above message. Forgive me as (guess who?) is offering prayers of peace, healing and inspiration for all the dry bones. THEM BONES, THEM BONES, GONNA WALK AROUND - NOW HEAR THE WORD OF THE LORD! AMEN

Dixie in Florida

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, thank you for your honesty. It really gives me so much to draw upon, hearing your experience of feeling dry spiritually and how God faithfully pours His Spirit back into you as you persevere and keep digging into His word.

I have been so concerned, even worried and anxious, about my 5 yr old Luke...how/when/if he will come to Christ when he is currently resisting so much - not wanting to say grace or prayers, saying he doesn't care about God, wanting me to turn the radio if he hears the word "Jesus" in a song, not wanting to come to church with me. It grieves my heart and often I feel helpless/hopeless. I am determined to bring him to church every week and know I cannot just give in to these emotions, that I have to remain firm in my role/my calling as a mother and a follower of Christ to teach my children about Jesus and the good news of the gospel with my family.

In light of these worries this week, I was struck by Ezekiel 36:26-27: "I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart."
It's God Himself who will do this for my Luke. It's not me, I cannot do it. This gives me relief as I have been trying to put this burden on myself, despite the head knowledge that only God can soften hearts toward Him. I just needed to let these words sink into my heart regarding my dear, sweet Luke. How I desperately want to see his little heart tender and responsive to you, Lord.

Wendy, as I was going through this period of spiritual dryness, numbness (the kind after the ugly cry), all of it this week regarding my son, I too dug deeper in His word and cried out to Him for help and direction in this situation.
Here's the verse He gave me:
"Be conscientious about how you live and what you teach. Persevere in this, because in doing so you will save both yourself and those who listen to you." 1 Tim 4:16
Our wonderful Lord knew just what I needed to hear - that extra encouragement to stay the course, to persevere in teaching those little ears that are listening to me in my home.
Thank you Father God. Thank you for Your Word and Your Spirit that breathes new life into me!

Have a blessed day everyone
Jodi (in New England)
p.s. How wonderful Jodie in Ottawa about your writing! Praising God with you in this!

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Dixie,
I love your spirit. I don't know the song but you got me humming it in my head.
I was thinking about Linda this morning, too. Linda, we're praying for you.

Teeny,
Continued prayers for your healing. Keep on keeping on!

Jacque,
How fitting is today's reading for you! Not only because of your profession but also what is going on in your office.

Jodi in NE,
I know the burden you have for your Luke. It reminded me of what I read last night from Jon Courson (I didn't post it because my post was getting too long). Anyway, he said that when our loved ones are acting like the dry bones, do what Ezekiel did: prophesy to the bones. Speak God's word to Luke. Something like "You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free." You don't have to quote the book, chapter or verse (God knows where to find them) so he won't be resistant. And I'm sure little by little he will come around. Remember also that you are engaged in spiritual warfare. God must have something big planned for him. Otherwise, why would the enemy go to such lengths for a 5 year old? (Most 5 year olds are happy to hear about Jesus and go to Sunday school to color.) Could it be because the enemy knows that when Luke directs that same passion towards Christ, you will have a future mighty evangelist in your hands? I hope it encourages you. ((((HUGS))))

Jodie,
Congratulations on your article!

Blogger Michelle said...

Teeny, I'm so glad to hear things are getting a bit better for you. And Dixie, very hopeful news about Lt. Laurie. Thanks for sharing it. Your post brought a smile to my face, and the tune I started humming in my head was "Weebles wobble but they don't fall down." I admire you greatly for your determination to "get back out there" and offer your wonderful gifts to God's Kingdom. God bless you both, Teeny and Dixie. You are wonderful role models.

Have a blessed evening, all.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.K. You'all.....I found a place you can hear dry bones and read the lyrics. It is at KIDiddlas.com and then search lyrics - Dry Bones and then you can hear the tune too. Then we can all hum it.....and be role models too for the yung uns......

I think I learned it in public school chorus. My of my, how times have changed!

Dixie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. You have to sign up but it is free. Also, it would be a great song for 5 year old boys who are resistent to the word. Won't even know it is from the Bible and teaches bone anatomy.....; )

Dixie

Blogger Michelle said...

Dixie, thanks for the song. That site is very cute. But, y'all, the correct spelling is www.KiDiddles.com

Michelle N.E.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having more fun reading all of your posts today! I too know that song...."the foot bone connected to the ankle bone, the ankle bone connected to the leg bone" and so on up the body...crazy fun song!

Jacque..what a great God-incidence about working for a bone doctor! This message WAS for you!

G&P...I too read John Courson's comments on Russia having a major calvary today..and that it very well could be a literal statement that they would attack Isreal on horseback....fascinating.

I just finished priming my bathroom...blue paint to come tomorrow....painting a tight space isn't as fun as a big living room wall...but it'll be nice to get done.

Blessings to all my sisters who are struggling with health issues, child issues, job issues, and just the everyday issues of life. Heaven is going to be grand!

Morgen

Blogger jodi said...

Grace & Peace,
Thank you so much for your post. It brought tears to my eyes. I do feel very much in the middle of a huge battle of spiritual warfare with this issue...as you said why else could a 5 yr old be so resistant? I love the idea of speaking God's word to him - as we know God's word never returns void.

Dixie, thanks for the song link. I'm going to check that out and we'll be singing that around this house soon.
Michelle in N.E. - I love that you just "said" (typed) the word y'all. :)

Thank you ladies for your encouraging words.
Blessings,
Jodi

Post a Comment

Home