"This curtain will separate the Holy Place form the Most Holy Place."
Exodus 26:33b
Exodus 26:33b
My Take Aways
Something Old:
Exodus 28:12
Fasten the two stones on the should-pieces of the ephod as a reminder that Aaron represents the people of Israel.
What do I "where" that serves as a reminder that I represent Jesus Christ?Something New:
Exodus 28:3
The spirit of wisdom to make the sacred garments came from the Lord. This is not like the New Testament as we have the Holy Spirit. God only chose certain people to have the spirit.
Something to Do:
Exodus 25:22
"I will meet with you there..."
Don't neglect my "place" to meet with the Lord.
Image of the Ark of Covenant
Tabernacle






27 Comments:
I love the exact instructions from our God! I don't know how Moses remembered it all, and I agree it was through the Spirit that he did. God's precise instructions leave nothing to chance and do not include meaningless detail. Everything has a purpose. With that in mind, I have often wondered about the significance of almond blossoms (which make their appearance not only in the design of the lamp stand, but later in a story with Aaron's staff) and pomegranates. Does anyone know what the significance of these is?
I love visualizing the embroidered linen all around and the gold and the bronze fixtures. It must have been a magnificent and refreshing site in the middle of the hot dry wilderness.
I camped on the breastplate of Aaron this time. New to me is that the breastplate was "to be worn for seeking a decision from God" ex. 28:15. The American Standard Bible calls it "the breastpiece of judgment." I also never noticed before how there was a 9 inch pouch over the heart of Aaron for carrying the Urim and the Thummin.
I looked up the Urim and the Thummin in Studylight.org. This is what it says:
Urim = "lights"
stones kept in a pouch on the high-priest's breastplate, used in determining God's decision in certain questions and issues
Thummim = "perfection"
stones provided for the means of achieving a sacred lot
used with the Urim, the will of God was revealed
I never knew that these were stones; I guess I always thought they were a scroll or some written word.
So Aaron carries over his heart the names of the tribes of Israel, and the objects to determine the Lord's will for his people whenever he goes before the Lord.
We also are carried before the Lord over the heart of our High Priest, Jesus. He doesn't need the Urim or the Thummin to know the will of the Father for His people, but he brings our names with Him when He intercedes for us.
While merely a shadow of what goes on in heaven, I found this description of Aaron's breastplate both personal and comforting.
Be blessed today!
Karen, Basel
Holy goosebumps, Wendy, that was good!
I, too, had a glazed over look by the time I got to the end of today's reading. But I noticed your link to the ark of the covenant and the visual brought it to life. That is amazing. I couldn't see the tablet in the picture - only the manna and the Aaron's rod. But oh, thanks for that.
And when you mentioned the verse about the curtain Ex 26:31, the term "scarlet thread" caught my attention because Chuck Missler always says Jesus is the scarlet thread that is woven throughout the bible. So I did some digging on that verse and this is what I found courtesy of e-sword (Gill commentary):
"...[The curtain] being made of "fine linen" denotes the purity of Christ, of his nature, life, and righteousness; of "twined linen", his strength, courage and steadiness; "of blue, purple, and scarlet", the several graces of the Spirit, with which his human nature was adorned, his flaming zeal for his Father's glory and the good of his people, his bloody wounds, sufferings, and death, the preciousness of his blood, the dignity of his person, and his glorious exaltation, purple and scarlet being the colours wore by kings..."
Wow. It's a selah moment.
You're right, Wendy, every word in the bible is there for a reason if we only dig deeper.
I'm going to bed overwhelmed with God's grace and goodness. And thankful for His blood shed for you and me.
Have a blessed day, everyone.
I was brought to tears as I listened to Wendy read from Matthew! Thank you, Wendy. May we all experience and feel the Presence of the Lord as we go about our daily routines. Thank you to Grace and Peace and Karen for your additional insight into our reading today. What a beautiful day He has made and such a joy to begin in His word and His Presence! Amen
Wow today was so good.
Something new: Exodus 28:9-14 I notice new the names of the tribes of Israel on the stones to be on the shoulders of the Ephod. Also in verse 21 the different stones one for each of the sons.
Something to do: I take from Wendy's Video, be more precise about what God is telling me to do.
I also was struck by how precise everything had to be. I sew and am a quilter and even with all my rulers and rotory cutters, I have a hard time getting things to be exact. What tools did they have back then.
Have a great day everyone.
Lynn - OR
Happy Tuesday~
Thank you, Wendy for your lesson today, and for the "Image," which does bring it to life! Karen & Grace & Peace...THANK YOU! I want to go back and re-read these chapters again now to see what comes to light. So so much info. and I know there is deep meaning-each time we read it God will reveal more to us. I keep thinking about His exactness. God knew exactly how he wanted it constructed. He never wavered. No wishy-washy-ness. I love that about God. There is a reason for everything He does. It's all a part of His plan. I too, smiled about all the materials coming from the Egyptian's! But, the part that really hit me was the "introduction to the free-will offering."
Our Jehovah-jireh, up to this point has taken care of everything they have needed---yes, in supernatural ways. He wanted them to believe and trust and know that He was their one and only God. He was (and still) is after their obedience. Even as they murmured and complained, He still came through for them. But, today we read not about God giving, but for the first time He asks them to give “sacred offerings” IF their “hearts are moved to offer” (Exodus 25:2). Something that Beth Moore mentioned has stuck with me, “Just as surely as God was building His tabernacle through the Israelites thousands of years ago, Christ is building His kingdom through us today.” Can you imagine the joy in their heart’s as they freely gave, not because they were obligated to give, but that they chose to? As we become truly transformed God works in us, so that we WANT to freely give. Not only the 10% tithe, but, an over-the-top, free gift. Just because. Just for the pure delight in furthering His Kingdom. An anonymous free gift to please Him, not the people in the church.
WE are so blessed sweet friends! What a privilege we have today to be filled with His Holy Spirit, to have that access to Him, all day long! I want to focus my thoughts on Him, to be available for His purposes in my life. We come near to God by reading His Word. May we be blessed today as we worship and adore Him, and walk according to His Will for us! Blessings sweet friends & Hugs, Lori
Good Morning!
Something Familiar but new:
How detailed God's instructions were to Moses for the contruction of His Most Holy Place!
Something New:
The layers of metal - gold, then silver, then bronze - I know the metals have some symbolance but would welcome some refreshing.
Nugget:
I really like how God said in Ex 25:1 - Accept the contributions from all whose hearts are moved to offer them." God wants our offerings only if our heart is in the right place.
Thank you Wendy and ladies for all your thoughts today! Have a great Tuesday!
Meredith in OK
Good morning to you all!
I am always amazed at how faithful our God is... The reading just became so full when I was struck to dig deeper about "the Urim and Thummin". Karen and I were on the same track - I want to add to her comments, thanks to Matthew Henry's commentary : ..."The name of each tribe was graven in a precious stone, fixed in the breastplate, to signify how precious, in God's sight, believers are, and how honorable. ...thus are all saints dear to Christ however man esteem them. The high priest had the names of the tribes, both on his shoulders and on his breast, which reminds us of the power and the love with which our Lord jesus pleads for those that are his. He not only bears them up in his arms with almighty strength, but he carries them in his bosom with tender affection. What comfort this is to us in all our addresses to God!"
Exodus 28 36 ...inscribe it with these words "Set apart as holy to the Lord" - jump over to 1 Peter 2: 9,10 ..."for you are a chosen people. You are a kingdom of priests, God's holy nation his very own possession. This is so you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light"...
So much to soak up. Looking forward to listening to Wendy when I get home from work. It is just after 5.30 am here in Washington, and I have to keep going...
Blessings to you this Tuesday!
Love
Marianne
Good morning, girls!
Grace & Peace, thank you so much for the insight of the scarlet thread! Wow! Loved this.
As I was reading about the clothing of the priests--how particular God wanted each piece to be, all I could think of was, "How on earth are these primitive people going to accomplish this? These instructions from God were HUGE!" Then, I read verse 3 which was Wendy's Something New verse. "Instruct the skilled craftsmen whom I have filled with the spirit of Wisdom." I loved that!! I love it when God explains Himself, and I actually GET IT!!!
Wendy, loved the pictures of the Ark and the Tabernacle. Y'all, you can actually order a kit of the Tabernacle to put together. A girl in my Bible study class a few yrs ago brought in one while we were studying Exodus. It was amazing!! If you need visuals and hands-on objects to teach this to kids or adults, this is something I would invest in. Don't know the website--I would just google it.
Have a great day!!'
Hugs!
Susan
Good Morning Everyone~
Oh, I love today's vlog Wendy! We can now go into God's presence, that curtain has been torn!
I camped out on Exodus 28:36-38 where they were to make a medallion of pure gold and engrave it like a seal that says "HOLY TO THE LORD." He was to wear it on his forehead on the front of his turban. We also have a seal that says we are holy to the Lord, Ephesians 4:30 says, "Do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption." Sealed in the Greek is the word "sphragizo" meaning to set a seal upon, mark with a seal, to seal- for security: from Satan; in order to mark a person or thing. The Hebrew word for seal or signet used in Exodus is "Chowtham." It means seal. Dictionary.com defines seal as "used as evidence of authority" or "anything that tightly or completely closes or secures a thing."
We are sealed by God's Holy Spirit, we are secure from Satan, we are marked as God's own and we have been given authority in Christ. We are the royal priesthood as Marianne stated. Praise Him! That is some good stuff :)
Hope you all have a great day today! Please remember and pray for our sister Jan here in TN. I got an email from her husband last night that she has had to be admitted to the hospital for pancreitis. She told me she might have to be. I am going to call her later and try to go see if this week if at all possible. Turns out we live both close enough to Nashville to meet there and that is where she is right now. I will let you all know after I talk to her, please pray pray.
God Bless,
Brandee, TN
Ok, I did not edit my post before sending and I really should have, lol. I am going to go see Jan if at all possible this week and I will let you all know how she is. We have had more snow last night and kids are out of school again. I am not sure when they will be going back. Please just pray for her.
Hello Wendy,
Thank you for sharing your insights on the Scripture reading today. I am so amazed on how God had such specific instructions on the building of tabernacle and how obedient Moses was with all of these instructions!. I love the richness of the materials used and how it demonstrates the value and importance of the tabernacle to worship their one and only GOd. THank you Wendy for brining the Scriptures to our current walk on how our Saviour has given us access so we can be with Him through the Holy Spirit! THank you for reminding us that we are in His presence and have that priviledge that we can enter into the Holy of Holies.
Have a blessed day!
Paola
Good Morning, Praying for God's healing hand on Jan in TN, that all will be well.
Wendy loved your vlog today. New thoughts to meditate on to today. Thanks!
1)heard in a new way; Exodus 25:30 'Place the Bread of the Presence on the table to remain before me at all times' Is this a foreshadowing(?) of Jesus the "Bread of Life " standing before God the Father for us for all time. John 6:35, Jesus replied, "I am the bread of life. No one who comes to me will ever be hungry again. Those who believe in me will never thirst. John 6:47-51 Jesus says "I assure you, anyone who believes in me already has eternal life. Yes, I am the bread of life! Your ancestors ate manna in the wilderness, but they all died. However, the bread from heaven gives eternal life to everyone who eats it. I am the living bread that came down out of heaven. Anyone who eats this bread will live forever; this bread is my flesh, offered so the world may live."
2)did not know before; In Exodus 25:1-7 God asks for contributions of gold silver, & bronze; thread, linen, oil, spices, & gemstones. Where would the slaves that left Egypt get these from? In Exodus 12:35 God tells the Israelite to ask the Egyptians for clothing & articles of silver & gold. God provides!
3)nugget, it was more God letting me know He hears my prayers. This morning I was praying for protection over my children & future D-I-L. I prayed that the Lord would protect them from harm, help them to make good decisions, help them be healthy, bring good Christian people into their lives, to surround them with His angels. I visualized my children & their homes with angels around them with their wings spread wide. The 1st thing I read' Exodus 25:20 'with their wings spread above it, they will protect it.' I got chills!!!
Blessings & Peace, Mary
Wow...everyone's insights are making me go "oh....mmmmm..wow..." outloud. Good stuff people!
I looked up the almond tree blossoms Karen...got a few things: the almond tree is the earliest to bloom - blooms in January - signifying "hope". Hebrew for almond tree = "shaked"
Hebrew word "shoked" = on the watch
so the almond tree was thought of as the watchful tree....watching over God's people?
I too pictured the colors - gold, scarlet, purple, blue; what rich beauty.
God sure is exact. Just think of how exact He got with our bodies - the details of each organ, each cell, each strand of hair! The details of the rest of His creation - look closely at a tree's bark, a flower, a cloud, a river, and the list goes on. We KNOW He is a God of detail. Praise Him for that!
What I once found difficult and honestly boring to read has taken on a new life for me. Thank you God and thank you GIG!
Morgen
Oh my goodness...all I can say is ya'll are sweet & WISE! God is speaking to our group through each of you! I popped back in before I head off to my lunch group today...
Throughout the morning I was thinking more about Moses. How God gave him His Spirit, and like it was already mentioned here on the blog, he was enabled to comprehend all of these meticulous plans. Then, I started thinking about God's Spirit, that same Spirit He put into Moses...WE HAVE! I don't think we can even imagine the power we have in us. Believe and faith---MUCH could be accomplished to further His Kingdom through the power that we have.
Then, I for some reason cannot get the "veil," off of my mind. The veil separated the people from God. Aaron was chose to be the high priest, the mediator between God and the people. Only after offering a sacrificial animal for his own sins could the high priest take the blood of the lamb into the Holy of Holies to get forgiveness from God. Today, we each can abide in God's presence. BUT, it just made me think of "the wall," that can separate us from God; the sin that is lurking, dividing us from Him. And, I thought about the "veil" back then that divided the people from God.
The sin in our lives can keep us from the free blessings God so wants us to enjoy day-by-day.
Thank you ladies! I just knew you'd find some good stuff!
HUGS, Lori
PS I did try to find something about the pomegranate,(we loved to each these as children, a neighbor had a bush in their yard.) but, did not find anything earth-shattering, I'm afraid. It's a low shrub, or small tree, giving little shade, its refreshing fruit compensated the tired traveler who would find rest under it (I Sam. 14:2).
It was used as a decorative model in building (I Kings 7:18,20). and It was used in textile designs (Exod. 28:31,33, 34). (Merrill C. Tenney)
PPS Praying for sweet Jan. Thank you Brandee for letting us know about this!
I am so blessed by your video today Wendy - especially the part about the veil being torn from top to bottom. I have heard it before, read it many times...there is just something so powerful about reading about the actual construction of this beautiful curtain and then reading about its being torn hundreds of years later at the crucifixion of our precious Lord. Like Grace and Peace said...a Selah moment.
Take Away: All that we have been reading in the past couple of days - all the instructions, all the detail, all the precision - it is all because God wanted a place where he could dwell (tabernacle) with His people. (Exodus 25:8) He wanted to be with these people who really didn't know much about Him, save for stories passed down and the incredible experience of the exodus from Egypt. They didn't have the Bible, Sunday School classes, small group fellowships or fabulous online GIGs! Yet God saw them as HIS very own special people - this huge crowd murmuring and complaining one minute, rejoicing and promising complete obedience the next! And God loved them so much He wanted to dwell with them. THIS is AMAZING LOVE from an AMAZING GOD. Another Selah moment...
~Val
I'm wondering how Moses managed to keep track of all those minute details that God dictated to him. And then how did the Israelites handle all the moving of the tabernacle 'stuff'...breaking it down, carrying it, setting it up, and then doing it all over again, so that once again, it was exactly as God had commanded.
I am so glad I watched your video about these scriptures. It just amazes me how we all can take something special from the scriptures we read and hear something new from someone else who reads them. I had not stopped to think about the curtain tearing from top to bottom before. Wow! How awesome! And I'm so glad that God is a precise God. We shouldn't be shy about asking Him for specific and precise instructions when we put up a request from HIM.
Thanks Wendy! I'm sure enjoying going through this Chron. Bible for the first time. And doing it with you is the greatest.
Lee Ann
The Lord is amazing, and it is a privilege and a honor to know him and experience HIS presence in our lives.
Thank You Father!
Thanks all of you that prayed for me. I am home now. The trip to the hospital didn't accomplish much. I am going to have to LEAN on my Dr to be more aggressive in finding out what is wrong. The pancreas that was inflamed last week has cleared up, but something isn't right. So keep praying that the Dr will be given Godly wisdom to figure it out.
I so enjoy reading all of your comments! I had my Bible at the hospital, and kept up with my reading, but couldn't wait to get home and see what you all were going to teach me today.
Jan TN
Good Afternoon/Evening all!
I haven't had time to really read any comments, but I will later.
Something old heard new: "I will meet you there" in the Ark of the Covenant. He was going to meet with Moses FURTHER to instruct him how to lead the people of Isreal. He was so physically present before Jesus came. I didn't realize this. that is truly awesome.
Something new: Most of this is new for me, but I am totally blown away at the detail that God gave and Moses' ability (with the help of the Holy Spirit, I'm sure) to remember and dictate it! Honestly, God probably could have just made his own Tabernacle, but he wanted it to be something he did with his children. Also found it interesting that they had to wear underwear in his presence :)
Wendy, thank you for pointing out the connection of the curtain between the Holy Place and the Most Holy Place. I did not realize that that was the curtain that tore when Jesus' spirit left. That is pretty impactful insight, I'll be chewing on that for a while. Thank you!
My Nugget: Today, it's more of a to-do. I am convicted to look at how seriously/respectfully I take interacting with God in his house. What do I do with my outward appearance that reflects, that HONORS God? And where is the special place I go that he meets me in.
Lots to think about today. Thank you all (in advance) for your insights and the depth everyone brings to these readings. I thank him every day for all of you!
~Blessings~
Good evening all,
All the details for the tabernacle were given to Moses when he was on Mt. Sinai. This was repeated to us. Is that where God gives us instructions, when we're on the mountain (spirituallly)?
I wonder if our "High Priest", Jesus, is clothed as such in heaven as He interceeds for us. Just a thought.
I appreciate you ladies who take the time for research. It is enlightening for us.
It must have taken a lot of skilled people to make the items for the tabernacle, as the Spirit directed them. I wonder how long it took them. God is the God of details.
Remember, as the Isrealites traveled, they had to take down and build back the tabernacle for 40 years. Also, later on, having the Ark of Covenant represented God's presence with them.
Also, our body is the tabernacle for the Holy Spirit. How do we represent this, with our clothing and attitudes?
Praise the Lord, our High Priest.
Linda from ARK.
OH MY!
Ladies, my dear GIG...I am blown away. Thank all of you for sharing your insight...All of you have blessed me. Thank you Father God for bringing me to this study group, every day I am learning more about You "in" my life.
Is there anyway that these comment's can be printed?? My hand gets cramped as I write down so many "nuggets".
Sleep tight, Gods blessings.
slee, FL
Thank you Wendy for your teaching today.
Blessings to all of you, Debbie
Thank you all for the special insights with this reading. The instructions for preparation and worship are filled with visuals of precious materials, sparkling with rich colors and gleaming metals, rich aromas and sounds! God deserves the best!
But I was touched by the necessity and cooperation of the many skilled craftsmen who were required to work together using their inspired gifts. Are we not also called to praise, honor and build up His kingdom with our own God-given skills and talents? Thank you Lord for this opportunity!
Jacque
Exodus 25:2-" accept the contributions from all whose hearts are moved to offer them." Just something that jumped out at me. Tells me again God wants offerings from the heart.
Karen, Basel - The insight of understanding information on the breastplate of Aaron was great. Todays reading was filled with so much symbolism that made todays reading exciting! Just to see what those robes and the Ark and the other boxes and altars would have looked like with all the gold and bronze glistening, the beautiful blue, purple and scarlet thread. And the pretty stones and the meaning behind them all. I am so thankful for this study. You GIG's are bringing so many thoughts and truths out of the Scriptures for me that I have read but never "got it". This is so exciting every day to read all your nuggets and thoughts. A daily blessing! Thanks Wendy and all you bloggers! I am saving them all in a file and can go back and read them over and over again and glean even more with each re-reading. Blessings for your sharing with the group. Sara
Brandee,TN
I loved the statement you made "We are sealed by God's Holy Spirit, we are secure from Satan, we are marked as God's own and we have been given authority in Christ. We are the royal priesthood as Marianne stated" WOW! That is going in the front cover of my Bible! Especially about being 'secure from Satan'. Thank Jesus for his daily protection!
Post a Comment
Home