"I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by."
Psalm 57:1b
Psalm 57:1b
My Take Aways
Something Old:
I am amazed by David's great faith in the midst of waiting for God's purpose for His life to be fulfilled. I am convicted of how impatient I am in the midst of waiting for God's for my life to be fulfilled.
Something New:
David's "I wills"
V1-Hide beneath the shadow of God's wings
Cry out to God
God's "I wills"
V3-Fulfill His purpose for David
Send rescue for David
Disgrace those who harmed David
Send His unfailing love and faithfulness
David's "I wills"
V7- David with have a heart full of confidence in God
V8- Wake the dawn with a song of praise
V9- Sing God's praises to the nations
V10Remind himself of God love and faithfulness
Something to Do:
Awaken the dawn with a song of praise. Tell the "nations" of His great faithfulness to me.
Gabriel News






27 Comments:
Wow! I read everyone's posts that occur after I am retired for the night, the next morning. This morning I read Jodi's posts and all of your responses. You all really embody the spirit of love! As Paul say sin Hebrews 10:24-25 - 24And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. 25Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Jodi, we will miss you, but we understand your feelings of being overwhelmed and we will continue to pray for you.
Wendy, regarding your statement: Awaken the dawn with a song of praise. Tell the "nations" of His great faithfulness to me, I have been waking up the past several mornings with hymns running through my mind. As far as I know, they are not related to my dreams, but I think God is putting them there to "set the tone for my day" (no pun intended...:)). I am trying not to over-analyze this and I don't know how long it will last, but it's intriguing!
For today's reading, my new was the long portion of chapter 23 concerning Abiathar and the Ephod. This Ephod was the Ephod of the High Priest with the Urim and Thummin in the "Brestplate of judgement". This is how David was able to inquire of God multiple times in this chapter; seeking God's' will.
Here is what David Guzik said about this:
How did the priest use the Urim and Thummim to inquire of the Lord? The names Urim and Thummim mean “Lights and Perfections.” We aren’t sure what they were or how they were used. Most think they were a pair of stones, one light and another dark, and each stone indicated a “yes” or “no” from God. The idea is that High Priest would ask God a question that could be answered with a “yes” or a “no,” reach into the breastplate, and pull out the stone indicating God’s answer. This ephod, with the Urim and Thummim, was more helpful to David than a thousand soldiers, because it helped him discern the will of God.
The key to the effectiveness of the Urim and Thummim was that God’s Word gave them. In seeking God through the Urim and Thummim, one was really going back to God’s Word for guidance, because it was the word of God that commanded their place and allowed their use. Today, if we have the same focus on God’s Word, He will guide us also.
Also, notice that David was not asking God about something that God had already revealed in His Word. David didn’t ask, “Now Lord, do You really want me to keep that third commandment?” David was fulfilling the Lord’s revealed will to the best of his ability, and trusted that God would lead him in His specific will.
Today, the urim and the thummin are not needed. “Each child of God has his own Urim and Thummim stone, which is a conscience void of offense, a heart cleansed in the blood of Christ, a spiritual nature which is pervaded and filled by the Holy Spirit of God.” (Meyer)
We can repeatedly seek the will of God through prayer and the Spirit of the Lord will guide us in the way that we should go.
My to do: Lean not on my own understanding, but continually seek the will of the Lord through prayer and reading His word. And the Spirit of knowledge and truth will reveal to me the direction I should go.
Have a great day!
Karen, Basel
Hopping on to get posts via email. Watching vlog later as well...I have to get my son to the doctor early this morning for a CT on his sinuses to see if he is dealing with infection or inflammation. Morning rush hour traffic should be fun, lol. Hope you all have a great day! Will watch, post and read comments later this afternoon. I can't wait to share a personal experience that started this exact week last year when we read Psalm 142 and how God did hear my cry when I was very low (vs 6) and He brought me out of my prison (vs 7) now a year later.
Blessings and Love,
Brandee
Happy Friday, GIG's
Oh my goodness, Wendy, your message this morning was so packed with His wisdom and so spoke to my heart that I have listened twice already, transcribed a section I will want to read over and over, and plan to listen again after school. Bless you, and have a wonderful, relaxing weekend with your family!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
P.S. Jeanne, how lovely to hear from you. It sounds like you are steeping in His word like a soothing cup of tea. Spring vacation starts in a few short hours, and I have four books I got at my "Wendy weekend" last week that I can't wait to dive in to!!
Karen, thanks for explaining about the stones! It sounds so much to me as if they're just rolling the dice - but I know that God is determining which rock the priest's hand will pull out.
Brandee, I hope the docs can get Will feeling better soon!
I never really liked the Psalms that much, but when we hit this part of the Bible last year life got really crazy, and suddenly I understood them in a way that I never had before. I only hope that when those stormy times come, as they always will, that I will honestly talk to God about how I feel and what He wants for me like David did instead of whining or calling a friend to complain, which honestly is usually my first reactionn
Oh Dear Sisters, we have ahead of us another day to enjoy God's many blessings...already from Wendy's post and you early-risers, I've been blessed!
I've talked about my morning routine with ya'll before, how I walk, pray, and listen to Worship Songs. I will say that as the sun comes up, and God's creation comes into view, "waking up the dawn with a song" can not help, but put you in presence of God. Many times He speaks to me through a song.
I love the way you listed Psalms 57 for us. I'm going to type it out and turn it into a bookmark to refer to. What a "tool" to remember! Currently, there is something God has been asking me to do, and I have been doing it part way. My way. Last night, I read this Psalm before going to bed, and I highlighted part of what you told us today, Wendy. You, talking about it again today, just reaffirms what I need to do. Wow, once again, I see how important it is to be in God's Word, as that is how we know we are walking in His will.
"I will praise you forever, O God,
for what you have done.
I will trust in your good name
in the presence of your faithful people" (Ps 52:9). Oh, how God has shown His favor to me, and Oh, how many praises I have to lift up to Him. Thank you, dear Lord!
Debra -will pray for you as you prepare for your talk next week.
Susan, You're probably shooting away right now! :)
Jodie, we will enjoy your pop-ins when you are lead to visit!
Loice-Praying for your young tween as she gets ready to leave for school.
Gaylene, "Peace and prosperity be with you, and success to {you}...for your God is the one who helps you (I Chron. 12:18).
Jeanne, was delighted to see your post, as you've been missed! I love hearing about how God is working inside you!
Karen in Basel, what you said, "when we focus on God's Word, He will guide us" so, so true!
Michelle, yeah, spring break!!!
Brandee, can't wait to hear about your experience!
Ya'll give me an attitude with much gratitude (smile Dixie) -
Thank you, and love you, and praying for you all, Lori
PS Looking forward to viewing updated news on sweet little Gabriel!
Fantastic Friday to all,
In Ps. 57:1-2, David says,"I will hide beneath the shadow of your wings until the danger passes by. I cry out to God Most High, to God who will fulfill his purpose for me."
One morning, a few weeks ago, I stepped out my back door just in time for an eagle to fly over me. I saw its shadow coming and looked up, curiously. What was this huge thing going over me, I wondered. It was flying low.I saw its white head and tail, an eagle for sure. Then it flew on to some trees nearby. There was no question what it was- A GOD THING. He directed that eagle to fly over me just at that moment in time. What a reassurance. For a second in time, I experienced verse 1. How awesome is our God! Its wingspan is huge. I was/am covered.
Remember in Ruth when Boaz told her
in 2:12, "under whose wings you have come to take refuge (trust)."
God is our refuge and strength,a very prestent help in trouble. Isn't that a Psalm? Ps. 46, I checked.
To do: hide, cry out, wake up, sing, thank, trust-all action words.
David was living in his stronghold, but the prophet Gad told him to leave it. Sometimes God wants us to leave our den,secure house, or cave and follow Him.
It's time for me to get going with God. Stay safe under the shadow of His wings.
Have a wonderful weekend ladies.
Linda form Ark.
As I was lifting up our unsaved husbands, and children, and grown children, I was lead to pray for Mr. Grace & Peace, smile! Oh, that God would open up the scriptures to him as he reads his new Bible. That verses would come alive and that his spark would grow into a raging flame. That he would feel God's presence and that God would speak, ever so gently to him as he reads through the chapters.
Jennifer Renee, praying for a girlfriend to be placed on your path. A friend that you can share your God moments with. A loyal and trusting friend that will keep pointing you back to God's Truth.
Hugs, sweet friend!
Brandee, praying that God gives you a song in your heart as you care for Will today. May you role with flow, and let go of your to-do's and have pure peace knowing that you are doing right what God desires ~ letting go, and caring for Will in his time of need. May God be your strength today. Hugs!
Lord, open my eyes to see the needs around me today, so that I may be your hands and feet, sharing the passion that you've placed in my heart. Who needs some service around me? Who needs an encouraging phone call or note? Lord, guide me through my day and help me to put others' before my own needs.
Thinking about all His glory shining from one end of the Earth to the other! Believers sprinkled here and there, and everywhere!...oh, dear Lord, may your precious name be known in every country on the face of this Earth! May your will be done here, like it is in heaven. Come back quickly!
Have a GREAT Friday, abiding in Him, Lori
Good day all! My schedule changed and I am working part-time, but have stayed on course in my reading.
I so love the Psalms. They have been a salve to the wounds of my heart, brought hope and encouragement. I have read them out loud in prayer as I cried out to God for help when going through valleys. God is so faithful to us. His love for us is overwhelming...a love beyond our human understanding...really. But I take it in and let it wrap around me. I don't try to understand, I believe! HE IS!
Sweet Blessing's Everybody,
Jodie's "courage and words" yesterday. I will be doing the same. Love you all....these words here shot out at me last night doing the reading.
22:8,....Think of it! My own son-encouraging him to kill me...
Let me explain....I want to have a relationship with our sons....not one of resentment. We are raising 2 teenage sons right now at the moment. We limit there time on the computer. So I also have to be an example to them....about being on the computer. Lately... they have been saying to me... "Is all I do is go on the computer." This has been on my mind lately and I do not want to me a Mother remembered as "being on the computer"...I want to be a Mother to them. I waited along time for my childen. What they say sometimes is very truthful....and leads this Mother to alot of thinking.
So a New Joshua challenge is being put into place for me....less time on the computer....and more time being with the gifts already given to me. I plan on keeping up with the readings and vlogs.
Jacque...you remind me of my oldest sister in more ways than one....your caring heart,in keeping us all under your wing. My oldest sister when growing up would do this to us. We sometimes would call her our "Mother Hen" The bullentin article...Your oldest son, God Bless Him...and your youngest son Michael I will have in my prayers also. Like I said I'm in the teenage year with ours.
Prayers for all.
Thanks Rhonda
Wendy - love the "I wills" and how you connected them from David, to God, back to David.
Lori - (((HUGS))) Thank you SO very much for this: "I was lead to pray for Mr. Grace & Peace, smile! Oh, that God would open up the scriptures to him as he reads his new Bible. That verses would come alive and that his spark would grow into a raging flame. That he would feel God's presence and that God would speak, ever so gently to him as he reads through the chapters."
Mr. G&P is YET to open his bible but from your lips to God's ears, dear sister.
Jeanne, it was nice of you to close out last night! I have missed your post and been thinking about you. I'm glad you popped in. It looks like you and God are having a great time one on one.
Jodie, be blessed and enjoy this time of your life with your son. They do grow up so fast. I can't believe my youngest is turning double digits in a few weeks. Time flies!
Amy, I'm the opposite. The Psalms are what drew me to the bible. Maybe because they're short chapters (oops, my laziness is coming out). But also because I found them at a time in my life when I cried out to God constantly. I read the Psalms to my mom while she was in ICU prior to her going Home.
Brandee, praying that Will gets better! And for grace for you during the traffic - may it be a time where you can listen to Christian music or teaching.
Runner Mom, I hope your photo shoot went well today!
New to me: David took his parents to Moab. I don't remember reading that before and it did raise a question in my mind. Why Moab? But then I read the commentary that reminded me that David's great-grandma is Ruth, the Moabite. So he is related to them after all. I forgot about that.
Then we meet Doeg. I'm not too fond of Doeg. But as Courson said "Doeg's murderous rampage was a direct result of David's lie. David thought he was simply protecting himself - but when you twist the truth, the repercussions are most often much more serious than you can imagine." (p.880) Courson also said that Doeg was fulfilling what God told Samuel would happen as a result of Eli's failure to correct his sons (1 Sam 3:11-14)
I also love this one: "One of Ahimelech's sons escapes and follows David. Now, I would think the last guy he would want to see would be David. After all, it was David's lie that set in motion the events that would kill his family. But God's hand is seen because Abiathar will go on to become priest in David's kingdom (2 Sam 8:17). And in this, it's as if God is putting together something that humanly would have been impossible.
"Maybe the same is true in your situation. Maybe a relationship has been cut off to such a degree that it makes no sense to even think it could be put back together. But what you haven't factored into the equation is God. God can do things men can't." (still p.880)
Have a blessed day, everyone!
Rhonda, we were composing at the same time. I have been missing your posts the last few days too. Maybe to lessen your computer time you can write down your thoughts first then log in and post really fast. Or get an iphone, android or any smartphone where you can have internet access, check the blog and post comments while on the go. It was nice to have you here again. (((HUGS)))
Ever have one of those days that start out in a funk and stays there? Well that's been my day so far today ladies....ugh....but! I went into the bathroom at work and cried out to my Lord to help me...and I feel the dark cloud lifting! Amen and Praise Him!
G&P - loved the commentary on Doeg and the reminder of David's lie and how it affected him later...good reminder to us to always tell the truth...you never know when it will come back to bite you.
I find the Psalms beautiful and a great help in times of need.
Have good weekends all...I am participating in an ALS Walkathon in honor of a good friend who has Lou Gehrig's disease....what a nasty disease that is. I am thankful that he and his wife have strong faith in the Lord.
Praising Him...even when I started off the day not feeling like it...
Morgen
ps....I am currently doing a study of Billy Graham's book; "Angels", so when I read the verse that said God will send rescue from Heaven...it had a new meaning for me.
I do believe God rescues us with angel help.
Morgen
Sweet Rhonda, you will be in my prayers, - I can totally relate as I have 2 teenage sons also (my youngest loves basketball just like yours does!) I'm not on the computer when they are home. It's been a rewarding sacrifice, that is paying off, as my "eyes" are lead in more ways than one, to serve and bless my family. But, I will say, a couple of weeks ago I got a new phone-a droid, and G & P you're right, it's great popping in and reading the posts when I'm out and about, especially when I'm at places i have to wait. It's also connected me so close to my brother, who also has a droid! I'm very close to my 2 siblings, but God has placed such a burden on my heart to pray for both of them, who both do not read God's Word daily. My brother and SIL have 2 little boy's...he's begun sending me short texts throughout the day, and I see God doing something! BUT, G & P i'm so impressed that you can type posts on your phone! I'm not there yet, - I feel like I'm all fingers! But, I'm working at it! :)
Love ya'll, Lori
Wow I haven't posted in soooo long but I am still reading right along with you all. I am able to stop by most every day and watch and listen to Wendy's teaching and enjoy reading all your comments as time allows. Amazing believing women you are!
I just had to post a thought I had recently that toughed on a memory string in my heart.
Wendy reminded me of it when she talked about David "waking the dawn with a song" of praise.
When my daughter was a preschooler...24 years ago, she would jump into bed with me and excitedly say, "What are we going to do today Mom?"
How fun would it be each and every day to say "excitedly" What are we going to do today Lord?!" as soon as we awaken.
So much enjoying the signs and weather of Spring we have been blessed with in Northern Illinois. The daffodils and tulips are exploding and so many of them! The trees are budding into their full leaf display right before our eyes. Praising God today for His new life in Spring!
Love from Debbie in Illinois
{Off topic: Lori, my phone (G1 fr T-Mo) has a slide out keyboard which allows me to type faster. I do have iphone envy though - my DS1 has that because AT&T is the only provider that works around the campus. It's so much faster loading. Maybe because he doesn't have tons of pictures and apps in it like I do. Have you downloaded an app called Cardio Trainer? I thought you might like it because you walk every morning. Measures your pace, distance and calories burned. :)
Ok, back to our regularly scheduled program.}
Debbie, Hi! I love that "What are we going to do today, Lord?"
I forgot, Morgen - praying that you're de-funked. The good news is it's Friday. May God give you renewed energy for your ALS walk, then may He give you His sweet, sweet rest for the rest of the weekend.
G & P You are so right-I know all about that app, it tells you how many miles you walk, etc....oh my goodness I could go on and on about it, but I'm not there yet! Still trying to figure out the "other" stuff. I read that this new technology is good for your mind! I believe it, as my mind has to work over-time, but, I will say it is getting much easier. My key bd. slides out too, but I'm still all fingers! :)
Oh, my, my - getting off track and it's not open blog!
Blessings, Lori
PS I just read something that will get us all focused again..."Unite with others in prayer: God will bring your request to pass (Matthew 18:19 & 20). {SAP}
Thank you dear Lord, for bringing us together on this blog to pray for each other. You hear our every request. You are right beside us wherever we go. Amen.
JenRen, How ya doing today?
Hey, GIGs! Wendy, I loved your vlog today. Thank you for being so faithful to Him! You are just precious!
Thanks for your prayers this morning. God and I had a lovely time capturing this darlin' child/man! I cried when I saw him in his tux and his cap and gown. I've known him since 2nd grade, and they grow up too fast!! I got some fabulous shots! As soon I can narrow them down to 30 (I have 157!), I'll let you know, and you can take a peek!
I thought it was interesting that David FINALLY mentioned his mother! (1 Sam. 22:3-4). Can you imagine what emotions Jesse and his wife were experiencing knowing that their son was on the run and hiding in caves? But they could hold tight to the fact that He relied upon God for everything.
I too loved how David would turn first to God to ask Him what path to follow...not his trusty warriors. That precious time we spend with Him is worth more than we'll ever know.
GIG's--you're in my prayers. I have a 5k in the morning to raise money to send a church youth group to the Holy Lands this summer. How cool is that? Praying that I make it!
Errands and carpool are calling! Grilling out tonight...no pollen finally on the deck!!
Hugs!
Susan
Thank You Lori for your prayers. God has led me step by step and can apply in my life Ps 57:&- My heart is confident in you, O God!
Hi Everyone,
Oh how I love the way this bible weaves the Psalms of David in the different phases of his life. Below is a devotional I received today from Max Lucado. It fits perfectly with our reading. Have a great weekend.
Debbie - North Carolina
Take Goliath Down
by Max Lucado
Goliaths still roam our world. Debt. Disaster. Dialysis. Danger. Deceit. Disease. Depression. Super-size challenges still swagger and strut, still pilfer sleep and embezzle peace and liposuction joy. But they can’t dominate you. You know how to deal with them. You face giants by facing God first.
Focus on giants—you stumble.
Focus on God—your giants tumble.
You know what David knew, and you do what David did. You pick up five stones, and you make five decisions. Ever wonder why David took five stones into battle? Why not two or twenty? Rereading his story reveals five answers. Use your five fingers to remind you of the five stones you need to face down your Goliath. Let your thumb remind you of …
1. THE STONE OF THE PAST
Goliath jogged David’s memory. Elah was a déjà vu. While everyone else quivered, David remembered. God had given him strength to wrestle a lion and strong-arm a bear. Wouldn’t he do the same with the giant? A good memory makes heroes.
“Remember His marvelous works which He has done” (1 Chron. 16:12). Catalog God’s successes. Keep a list of his world records. Has he not walked you through high waters? Proven to be faithful? Have you not known his provision? How many nights have you gone to bed hungry? Mornings awakened in the cold? He has made roadkill out of your enemies. Write today’s worries in sand. Chisel yesterday’s victories in stone. Pick up the stone of the past. Then select …
2. THE STONE OF PRAYER
Note the valley between your thumb and finger. To pass from one to the next you must go through it. Let it remind you of David’s descent. Before going high, David went low; before ascending to fight, David descended to prepare. Don’t face your giant without first doing the same. Dedicate time to prayer. Paul, the apostle, wrote, “Prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long” (Eph. 6:18 MSG).
Prayer spawned David’s successes. His Brook Besor wisdom grew out of the moment he “strengthened himself in the Lord his God” (1 Sam. 30:6). When Saul’s soldiers tried to capture him, David turned toward God: “You have been my defense and refuge in the day of my trouble” (Ps. 59:16).
Invite God’s help. Pick up the stone of prayer. And don’t neglect …
Quick shout out to Jeanne NC - thank you so much for the beautiful post. I have copied everyone's lovely comments into my journal...I cherish them greatly.
Have a great weekend,
Jodie
I thought is was interesting that the cave where David went to hide, the cave of Adullam, (adullam means refuge), where he sought the Lord and praised His name, also is referred to later in 1 Chronicles as his stronghold, where others came to him to serve under him.
Evening Everyone,
Just now getting back on here and I have to make it quick. It has been a long day, but we have a plan for my son's sinus issues. I will post more this weekend when I have more time. He is on several meds now and he should be able to start telling a difference here in a few days once it all gets in his system. Pray for me I can make it through the next 6 days with my head on straight, he is on a steroid and just this afternoon he has knocked a dent in the new floor, broken a guitar plus of my husbands, face planted at the grocery store in the parking lot, stepped on the bread getting out of the car and almost spilled my whole dinner over the floor. I have to LOL or I will just kill him :)
The reading...loved Wendy's teaching today and all the comments what I got to read.
Jodie-God knows your heart and just do the best you can. Just try to stay in the Word a little, it will make a HUGE difference in your day to day as a stay home mom. I just can't live without it and if I had been trying to do this when my son was your baby's age I would have not been able to do it all either. Now that he is in school it is better, but I foresee this summer I will have to scale back a lot as well.
Jeanne- it was so good to hear from you dear sister.
Ok the reading...I wanted to share something that God just hit me with this morning when I read Psalm 142. David says, "Hear my cry, for I am very low. ...Bring me out of my prison so I can thank you" (vs 6a, 7a). This VERY week last year I was going to the allergy sinus doctor that my son went to this morning. I was "very low." I had been through years of sinus infections and even surgery just that January. Since surgery I had had four more sinus infections. I was desperate for God to intervene and bring me some answer. This year in 2010 I praise the Lord and thank Him that He brought me out of that prison of chronic sickness. The help did not come from that visit that week, but over the course of the next few months I sought God and He led me to go on a Daniel Fast for 40 days. At the end of that fast I saw the doctor that told me about leaky gut syndrome and yeast infections. Also food allergies that can cause what I was going through. This year guys I am well! God brought me out of the prison. I have answers and though it is hard, I have my health back. I read that Psalm this morning and realized it was this exact week all that got started. Today Lord, I thank You, You brought me out of my prison! I am believing Him to do the same for my son whatever path we eventually need to take.
Sorry guys I don't have time to comment to each of you. I did want to share my thanking the Lord story though :)
Talk to you guys this weekend.
Brandee
Such good reading Ladies, you all amaze me.
Vernon McGee had a list of ways that David described himself during this time of rejection.
1. I am hunted like a partridge.
I Sam 26;20
2. I am like a pelican in the wilderness. Ps. 106: 6
3. I am like an owl in the desert. Ps. 106: 6
4. My soul is among the lions
Ps. 57:4
5. They have prepared a net for my steps. Ps. 57:6
Can you imagine how depressed he got? Hear my cry for I am very low. Ps 142:6
Then he turned to the Lord. When I am overwhelmed, You alone know the way I should turn.Ps 42:3
Ps. 57:5 Be exalted O God, above the highest heavens! May your glory shine over all the earth.
I really enjoy the way they have intertwined the Psalms that David wrote with what is going on.
I am praying for all of you and your requests, and for all the husbands that need the Lord. I really like what Brandee said several days ago. Pray that the precepts that they have learned will cause them (our hubbies) to go crazy until they (the precepts) make them (our hubbies) turn to the Lord.
Jan TN
Debbie fr No Carolina, thanks for sharing Max Lucado's insight re the stones. When you have time could you share the rest? Thanks!
Brandee, how awesome that God brought back that memory of His deliverance to you. That is amazing that you can look behind and be on the other side. Praise to our God! Btw, what kind of steroid is Will taking? Mine takes Prednisone and it does make him wacky. Though 1 day he was really happy because he ran the fastest during PE. (He's really tiny for his age because of his food allergies. So for him to beat out the other boys is unusual.) I didn't have the heart to tell him it was the steroids. ;)
Hi ladies! Happy happy Friday!
I have not commented in so long because I got behind in my reading, but I am caught up and so excited to be past the 100 day mark.
Spring has finally hit Wisconsin. I was driving home form the grocery store today and absolutely filled with joy to see the green grass and trees budding. I have always noticed nature, but I feel like God has really given me a new heart and is working in me. He wants me to work on smelling the roses. I don't remember being so excited about Spring.
The last six months have been tough. I am facing some roadblocks with my health and I stepped off God's path for a minute suffering with anxiety, worry and lots of what if's. Life with a chronic disease is all about what if's. God is guiding me right back and reminding me to trust his plan. He has made miracles happen for me in the past when my health has failed and I know he will bring me through this. I have moments of discouragement that bring me away from God.
It makes me think of David and how scary it must have been for him to be running for his life. Psalm 57 he talks of being "weary from distress." But he never gives up believing that God is his refuge and David will continue to sing his praises. How amazing is that?
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! It is Spring cleaning this weekend!
Thank you all for your beautiful spirits and for continuing to be encouragement on this journey.
Kristin-Wisconsin
Post a Comment
Home