"Turn us again to yourself, O God. Make your face shine
down upon us."
Psalm 80:3, 7, 19
down upon us."
Psalm 80:3, 7, 19
My Take Aways
Something Old:
How does God turn Himself back to me? He turns me back to Him through answered and unanswered prayers, circumstances, creation, His Word, and worship.
Something New:
Psalm 81:14
"But no, my people [Wendy] wouldn't listen. Israel [Wendy] did not want me around. So I let them [her] follow their [her] own stubborn desires, living according to their [her] own ideas." Emphasis mine.
Something to Do:
Psalm 80:18
"Then we [I] will never abandon you again. Revive us [me] so we [I] can call on your name once more." Emphasis mine.
Revive me again, Lord!
Revive me again, Lord!






40 Comments:
Wendy, first let me say happy birthday to your friend. I really enjoyed hearing the birds in your vlog today. It was raining on Monday and Tuesday so I haven't heard any birds for the past few days. The way those birds were singing it sounded like a beautiful day in N.C.
Michelle, I'm glad your daughter and soon to be sil made it safely to TN. Thanks for the song but right now I can't listen to it. I need to get someone to update my Adobe flash player. I'll have to go to the youtube page and save it in my favorites to listen to the song later.
I'm off to go read today's reading.
Dear FIGs (Friends in God for any new comers),
I had a hard time choosing what to focus on today. I also noticed the repeated verses that Wendy so eloquently reviewed for us today. Thank you so much Wendy for your message!
So I think I will focus this comment on Psalm 81:5b-7
I heard an unknown voice say,
6 “Now I will take the load from your shoulders;
I will free your hands from their heavy tasks.
7 You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you;
I answered out of the thundercloud
and tested your faith when there was no water at Meribah.
"Come to me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble at heart, and you will find rest for your souls" (Matthew 28-29)
11"Sir," the woman said, "you have nothing to draw with and the well is deep. Where can you get this living water?"
13Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, 14but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." (John 4:11, 13-14)
God asks us to share our burdens with Him. He is strong enough to carry them. He allows us time of thirst, desert or wilderness times, so we can truly appreciate the springs of living water that He gives us when we turn back to Him.
Then in Psalm 82 we see His command to love one another:
3 “Give justice to the poor and the orphan;
uphold the rights of the oppressed and the destitute.
4 Rescue the poor and helpless;
deliver them from the grasp of evil people."
The Bible is so consistent! The rule of repetition for learning is evident here. Praying today that I soak it in...
Lori, I loved your notebook idea! If I were a more organized person, I would jump right on that! Maybe I can challenge myself to do just that and to keep it up... :)
Everyone, as I lay down to sleep last night I felt an overwhelming sense of peace envelope me. I heard a small voice inside me telling me "you are being prayed for by some of my favorite people" and I dropped off to sleep.
Have a great day everyone!
Karen, Basel
"O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!" 1 Chronicles29:13
I'm about 2 weeks behind my reading. I hope I'll be able to catch up soon. But there's so much to digest. I never imagine reading bible can be so exciting and fulfilling. I'm learning so much.
Jacque, thank you for your prayer for Ryan. While he was on the antibiotic (penicillin), I was very aware of what could happened to his diggestive system and immune system. He was given probiotic live culture drink and pills everyday to prevent him to have stomach pain. Apparently it wasn't enough. I really appreciate your concern for him. It meant alot to me.I like report on Ryan's update. He has been eating ever since you all prayed for him. We still need one more sample from him to complete 2 more tests. He is still very weak. He gets dizzy and black outs when he moves too fast. He still don't have any appetite. He eats because he knows he has to. The doctor actually decided to treat him for parasite where he may of contracted from one of his boyscout hikes. I am a little unsettle at this point. Please continue to pray for him. I know God is in control and He has his own timing. Please pray for me to have patience to wait.
Teeny, I so happy to hear from you and to hear you are doing so much better. Praise God.
I will continue to pray for all the prayer requests.
I'm tired now. Good nite.
Praying for you Allie and your little Ryan!
Good Morning, Ladies!
Karen, I loved your references and insight this morning! I am coming back to jot that down in my journal! Thanks!
Praying for little Ryan as well!
My nuggets for the day: Psalm 80:8
You brought us from Egypt like a grapevine, you drove away the pagan nations and transplanted us into your land. You cleared the ground for us and we took root and filled the land.
This took me to John 15:1-17 and I went to Matthew Henry's Commentary to gain further insight.
John 15:1-2: I am the true grapevine and my Father is the gardener. He cuts off every branch of mine that doesn't produce fruit and he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more.
Mattew Henry states: Christ is the vine, planted in the vineyard, planted in the earth-The Word made flesh. It is a spreading plant and Christ will be known as salvation to the ends of the earth. The fruit of the vine honors God and cheers man and so does the fruit of Christs mediation, it is better than gold. (Prov 8:19) Christ is the true vine.
We, believers, are the branches of the vine and Christ is the root. The root is unseen and our life is hid with Christ, the root bears the tree and diffuses sap to it.
I loved what he said next, The branches of the vine are many yet we meet in the root, we are all one vine. All Christians though in place and opinion distant from each other, yet we meet in Christ, the center of our unity. We are insufficient to stand by ourselves w/out the vine but just as God took care of Christ, He takes care of the branches. He plants, waters and gives the increase. God had an eye upon Christ, the root and upheld Him, and made Him flourish out of dry ground. God has an eye upon us all, the branches, and prunes us, watches over us that nothing will hurt us. He calls us to be fruitful.
Dear Lord, may we drink of Your water this day, may we bear much fruit to the glory of You and You alone, Lord, and may we turn to You for all we need as we grow closer to You! In Jesus Name, Amen!
In Him,
Bethany
Just a little word of Thanksgiving this morning. I couldn't find my glasses this morning. I think I went to sleep with them on, and in an attempt not to wake my husband, I gave up the search.
So my word of thanksgiving is that I can turn on my computer and still get a portion of the word by listening! I can appreciate my blind friend even more now.
So much we take for granted, even the little things we can find praise and thanksgiving during seasons of wilderness experiences. Taking time to remember the seasons of refreshing, and thanking Him for them, leads us closer to Him during a dry time. Have a blessed day to all!
Psalm 81:6&7. "Now I will take the load from your shoulders; I will free your hands from their heavy tasks, You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you."
Whether this happens here on earth or once we are delivered into His hands in Heaven; it happens. It is a promise from God to me. Thank you Lord!
May America turn back to Him.
Praises and Prayers
Morgen
Still here. Don't get a chance to comment very much or even read all of others comments. And have missed a few days here and there but I'm not giving up. Hold me to that. :)
Hi to all my old GIG and New ones. Have a Blessed Day.
To Do:Psalm 81:8 Lynn - Listen to the Lords directions!
Thanks Wendy. I like how you inserted your name, it does make it more of a personal (intimate) relationship that way.
Lynn - OR
Wednesday, whewie! Welcome new gals!!! Love to see new names popping in! Keep them coming.
Wendy, I loved how you opened up the two chapters! Thank you! I have lots of “new” notes in my margins!
Kristin, in TX, Remember, God is with you while you go through your health issues. He does not want you to be worried, he wants you to lift up your burden to him. When I’m worried about something, I ask myself, “What is the worst thing that could happen in this situation? Then, I remind myself, that God in his mercy, would still be with me. I would not be alone, and no matter what happened, He would be there, right by my side. He would NEVER give me more than I could handle. What Karen wrote today, is perfect for your ears! Thank you Lord for using each one of us to encourage each other.
Karen, what you said, is worth repeating! “The Bible is so consistent! The rule of repetition for learning is evident here.” Until I made it through my first reading thru the Bible last year, I had know idea the importance of reading it through cover to cover. God spoke to me so much re: this throughout last year. He impressed upon my heart, how it is His desire that we continue year after year, reading it thru from beginning to end. Many of his important commands are repeated over and over, and over again. They begin to pop out, as the Spirit guides us to live according to God’s will for us.
Allie, praying that you will receive wisdom and patience as God heals Ryan back to perfect health. Have a good chat with your Father this morning. Lift up all your “unsettling” worries to Him…and oh, sweet Karen, well her post is for you too! Smile! Thank you, Jesus!
Bethany, Thank you for your post! Yes, may we drink of Your water today and grow closer in our intimacy!
Psalm 81
God selected them. (We are hand-picked by God, himself!) We are the Chosen Ones. All he asked was, “Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things (10). But, no, they would not listen, just like us today. Some days we do. Some days we slip.
God lets us choose (11).
What is His desire:
“Oh, that my people would listen to me!...follow me…walk in my paths” (13).
If only we would listen we would be “satisfied” (16).
Lord, Today and everyday I intimately want to know you more and more, experiencing that blessed fulfillment that only your Holy Presence can give. My true desire is to actively and incessantly praise you, adore you, and love you all day long! Amen.
Walking with Him today, Lori
Sweet Lynn - I can't tell you how good it was to see your name from OR! We have missed you! Your name has come to me many times! Welcome Back!!! Hugs, Lori
Good morning, GIGS! Wendy, thanks for your wonderful comments with Psalm 80. I really appreciated what you said---that we will continue to grow in our relationship through His unanswered prayer. It makes us cling tighter to His loving hand.
Bethany, loved the scripture reference from John concerning the vine and how it was connected with Psalm 80:8. Thank you. Those were the scriptures that jumped out at me this morning.
Hope y'all have a great day! Tonight is our last Bible study for Revelation with Anne Graham Lotz...truly amazing.
Hugs!
Susan
Jen-Ren, I shared your idea about keeping a jar of praises at bible study at church yesterday. The girls loved the idea! WE are doing Beth Moore study on wisdom.
Psalm 81:7 You cried to me in trouble, and I saved you. Our Father is always available for us. We just need to turn to Him. He is faithful!
Psalm 81:13 Oh, that my people would listen to me! God has great plans for us. We just have to listen and trust Him to reap the rewards.
Have a great day everyone,
Linda
Thank you Wendy, for your teaching today about how God helps us to turn to Him in all circumstances! And thank you Bethany, for sharing the connection in scripture readings about the vine.
About grapevines. In Ps 80, I see so clearly the image of the grapevine, first being gently lifted from the ground, protected and carefully transported, and then lovingly transplanted into the soil of the promised land! And I imagine it slowly taking root, with its vines spreading all over the land, providing fruit and shade, “covering the mighty cedars… “
We transplanted grapevines into our yard many years ago, and let me explain their habit. Even one vine can become very overpowering! Once it has taken root, the main vine gets stronger and larger over the years, to almost look like a knarled, twisted tree trunk. The branches do provide wonderful soothing deep shade, as well as fruit. The grapes are produced close to the vine, and not out in the wild branches. If it is not pruned, it can become very unruly (and cause trouble!)-- it just rambles on and on, bearing little fruit. It can even cover and smother a nearby bush or tree if left to grow on its own.
But it is a survivor! You can cut it back severely to the main vine (and you even should) and it comes back stronger than before. So I see this nation of Israel (and us!), firmly rooted in God, covering His territory with believers and God’s Word, bearing fruit by being close to Him, and being able to withstand our enemies because of our strong roots and holy design! What a beautiful image! Thank you Lord for Your loving care as we intertwine and support each other, always connected to You, the Source, with our Pruner at work in us….!
School is officially over for my husband’s teachers, they are checking out today. And there are just a few days left for my daughter, who teaches English learning to little ones. I just want to tell all you teachers, assistants, paras, former teachers, and all who work in our schools what a very special group you are, and how much you deserve some time off! You put in many extra hours and give so much of yourselves and your resources. You will never know all the lives you have influenced—like ripples in the water—on and on. Thanks to you all for sharing your gifts with the world!
I am praying today for the concerns of all of you my dear friends, and for your family members. May God bless you with His healing and peace. I am using a new prayer method I will share with you, maybe later. I am so blessed to be able to pray for you!
Blessing this day,
Jacque
Good Morning All,
Praying for each & everyone!
My nugget today is; Psalm 81:10b 'Open your mouth wide & I will fill it with good things' Lord bless my words as they go forth, let them be Your words not mine! I keep on hearing God telling me to be quiet & let Him do the talking! It is very hard for me & am a talker! lol
Enjoy the day the Lord has made.
Blessings & Peace, Mary
Oh Jackie I can hardly wait to hear your praying method...I love to hear how ladies do this, as I'm so new to it, and I know people have learned wisdom from God over their praying years...do come back and share! smile!
Thank you for even opening up the vine MORE...I'm awed how God's Word incorporates "real" pictures that we can visualize. I missed the connection in verse 8 altogether, and now it's opened up that chapter-wide!!! Thank you Bethany & Jackie!
Loving you all as you open up God's Word to me more! Lori
Hi to all,
Welcome new friends and hi not so new.
Please check out my new blog, going through the New Testament 1 chapter at a time. I hope to get family and friends into The Word of God.
I think of the broken walls in
Ps.80:12. Maybe God needs to break them down. Sometimes I build up walls whenever someone hurts me, protecting myself from hurt again. But that isn't God's way-forgive and love again He says. (The same thing happens to the Lord when I hurt Him,He forgives and loves me again.)
Bethany, the vine is a good lesson for us. Three years ago we lived at
house that had a fence loaded with grapes. The vines were thick and sturdy close to the ground. I prounded some vines so they would produce the next year.We Christians have to stay connected to their Savior so fruit is produced. If something in our lives don't produce fruit(fruit of the Spirit), it will be pruned.
Love to all,
Linda from Ark.
www.countryroadfaith.blogspot.com
I love the vine teaching too Jacque!
Mary..I picture a baby bird...opening it's mouth wide...depending totally on it's parent...
"Be still and know that I am God"
Fast and pray
Morgen
Good morning everyone!
Thank you Wendy for your teaching today. Also, wonderful nuggets and truths shared by everyone. Such a blessing to read everyone's thoughts on God's words for us today. I am praying for you all!
Today, I am coming to you all to ask for prayer for my Uncle George. He is having a valve replaced in his heart at 3 o'clock this afternoon. They won't know how much damage he has caused by not seeing a doctor for years for awhile. I am praying that he will come through the surgery with flying colorss, that God will be glorified, and that he, my father, John, my aunts, Liz, Alice and Mary will all come to know our Savior through all of this.
Thank you, sisters, for your prayers.
Blessings to all of you today!
Michelle in VA
Good morning, GIGs!
Jennifer Renee, I combined your praise jar with Lori's GODSTOP suggestions to equal a GODSTOP journal. My son and I wrote on it last night.
Allie, praying for Ryan's continued progress and Michelle for your Uncle George.
To add to the vine talk, I read Jon Courson's commentary. He said about Psalm 80: "Throughout Scripture, there are three trees that speak of Israel: the vine, the fig and the olive. Each symbolizes Israel in a different epoch of history. The vine speaks of Israel form the time God's people were planted in the Promised Land until the time Messiah would come. The fig tree speaks of the time from the rejection of Messiah until His Second Coming. The olive tree pictures the period yet to be - Jesus' Second Coming through the Millennium, when He will rule and reign from Jerusalem." (p.101, Jon Courson's Application Commentary Old Testament vol. 2)
He also said on Psalm 79 that "it is a psalm for those times when everything seems to be going wrong, when everything seems to be going up in smoke. Indeed when the psalmist wrote this psalm, that is precisely what was happening. The city of Jerusalem had been bludgeoned by the Babylonians and burnt to the ground [because of their sin and the hardness of their hearts]. God called them to turn from their sin but they would not listen. This psalm recounted the repercussions vividly to help us understand the repercussions of rebellion." p. 100
Psalm 79:9(b)...and deliver us, and purge away our sins, for thy name's sake.
Courson writes: "Help us. Deliver us. Forgive us," we pray. But do we ever pray, "Purge us?" There is a difference between confession and repentance. Confession is admitting you've sinned. Repentance is turning away from sin...Purging is not easy. It can be painful. But here, the psalmist says, "Do whatever it takes, Lord to change us." (p.101)
Have a great day, everyone.
Good Morning :)
I'm Nancy, a Cali Girl :0 Hopefully we will see more from Cali posting as I am sure they are reading :)
I have to say I am loving reading the comments and the teaching from Wendy. It is expanding my heart and learning :)
My Nugget comes from 81:9-10 You must never have a foreign god; you must not bow down before a false god. For it was I, the LORD our God, who rescued yo ufrom the land of Eqypt. Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things.
I needed the reminder of Who He is and who I am this morning :)
be blessed,
Nancy in Cal
Good Morning all...Grace and Peace...Thank you for the Jon Courson commentary info...loved it.
I loved in Ps 81 that God is so passionate about wanting us to be His...He will do anything for us and satisfy our desires IF we would only listen to him, follow him, walk in His path..Why do I fight Him so much?
Have a wonderful day
Sue in No. Cal
Friends, I don’t want to take up too much posting space, but about keeping up with our prayer commitments, I wanted to share a way of praying I started recently. Lori, I certainly don’t have “wise” years of prayer experience (!) but I am a seeker-- always looking for a deeper way to seek the Spirit. This is how I found Wendy and all of you! But finding quiet time to sit with God has always been the very hardest thing for me to do, because I can’t sit still, and my mind constantly wanders. I forget what I even started…! Yes, I could be labeled ADD! But I recently found a wonderful tool for prayer. Or maybe, it found me ;)
It is a book called Praying in Color. It teaches a new way of contemplative prayer, and I think it was written just for me. I am crazy about color-- I am always using multi-colored markers to highlight everything at work and home, I collect colored pens and fluorescent paper clips, and pretty patterned hanging files, anything that‘s fun to look at! I am a visual learner and I delight in all God’s wonderful beauty!
Art is a blessed part of my life, but drawing isn’t even required here. With this prayer method I can use my love of art to create prayers on paper, meditating on the very people and situations I am lifting up to God. And the visual is something I can take with me all day, whether in my mind or in my pocket, or propped up at the kitchen sink. It may seem crazy to some, but it is perfect for me! The right side of my ADD brain is getting her needs fulfilled while the left side is still saying her traditional prayers…
Sweet friends, I am creating a special prayer drawing to include all of you and your intentions, and it stays tucked right in my bible. It is taking some time to get it up to date, but it is becoming beautiful and will continue to evolve, just like you do! Wendy’s name is in the center within a cross figure surrounded by her gifts, Rhonda has two sons growing in her flower garden, Lori is within a warm heart, Susan has a camera, G&P is in a bible with a marriage symbol, Jodie with her baby, Brandee has praying hands enfolding Will’s, Jen-Ren is in the mind’s eye filled with many colors, Karen surrounded by mountains, Michelle-- a nest and wedding cake, Dixie has a sprinkling of stardust! And on and on… The more I know about each of you, the better picture I can paint for praying! I add names of family members and intentions all around your images, as they are requested. There are so many ways to pray using this method, but I am starting with my family and with you dearest friends!
I am thrilled to have a way to transform my prayers into illustrations, and even more excited to teach this prayer method to my grandkids, who loooove colored markers! Yes, upside… ADD grandmas can be fun! ;) It is such a creative way to help young people to pray, because it helps them visualize, focus, and remember, and it is something tangible, which kids love. I ordered the kid’s version of the book for my husband’s teachers for next school year. I know they will love its simple method.
So I have used up way more than my share of posting space now, but maybe this will spark something in one of you, to help make your prayer time more joyful! I really look forward to praying—and I even have to set my timer!! —LOL!
Blessing you all,
Jacque
Ps Michelle in VA, you, and your Uncle George and your family (esp. your 2 little foster sons) are now woven into my prayer work. May God provide physical and spiritual healing for them and may His love stir their hearts. Amen.
Hi GIGs~
Wendy, great teaching today and what all you have added is just awesome. SAPing for all the mentioned requests today."
My thoughts were drawn to the end of Wendy's teaching to Psalm 81:8-16. The people were not listening to God, so what did He do?
Listen to vs 12 in the Amplified- "So I gave them up to their own hearts' lust and let them go after their own stubborn will, that they might follow their own counsels."
When we don't listen to God He will let us follow our own path. But, our hearts are deceitful (Jer. 17:9) and the way that seems right to us really only leads to death (Prov. 14:12). We can not trust ourselves, we have to be submitted to God's Spirit and when we do He says He will subdue our enemies and turn His hand against our foes (vs 13-14). He will satisfy us with good things and take care of us (vs 16).
My Amplified Bible had a cross-reference to Romans 1:20-32. God will let us go our own way, but He still makes Himself known so we are without excuse. It is by our own choosing we don't follow God even though evidence of Him is all around. Verse 22 says that we think we are wise but really we are fools when we follow ourselves and not God. Worldly wisdom is only foolishness. What does God do when we choose to not follow Him? Verse 24 says He gives us over to the sinful desires of our hearts. See if this list describes what we see surrounding us today as our nation has turned from God.
Our culture is filled with:
all kinds of wickedness
evil
greed
depravity
all kinds of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice
gossips
slanderers
God-haters
insolent
arrogant and boastful
invent ways of doing evil
disobey parents
senseless, ruthless, faithless and heartless
Oh, may we listen to God, open our mouths and let Him fill us. He will subdue our enemies and take care of all our needs (Psalm 81:10-16)!
Praying for all our loved ones today.
Brandee, TN
Oh Jacque, I just was posting when you wrote your post. Oh, how amazing what you described! It brought tears to my eyes. Wow, is just all I can say.
Hey Everyone,
I hope you are all having a good day. I am new to this. I am one of the Cali girls.
So what I got out of this was:
Psalm 81: 8-10
"Listen to Me, O my people, while I give you stern warnings.
O Israel, if you would only listen to Me!
You must never have a foreign god;
you must not bow down before a false god.
For it was I, the Lord your God,
who rescued you from the land of Egypt.
Open your mouth wide, and I will fill it with good things."
I think with me, I will pray all the time about different things. But I have a hard time listening afterward. I keep wondering if I am in His will, but until I learn how to listen, I may miss it in the process. This is something I need to work on.
I do hope you all have a great day! I am looking forward to getting to know you all!
Taylor
Lori,I liked your idea of using a three ring notebook to keep your prayer requests/praise reports in. I use one of those small notebooks to keep track of what I spend from my checking account. I've even thought of keeping a file in my computer of all the prayer requests/praise reports.
This morning I woke up to birds singing and they're still singing. It amazes me that such small birds can make so much noise. It should give us something to think about when we're praising God. I kno we can't shout at work and in my apartment I try not to get too loud but if anyone lives in their own home go ahead and shout to God. I go to a church where we can praise God as loud as we want.
One last thing before I go for the day. I've never really asked for this but I need a hug today. Ok, I'm gone. I need to read my emails and then I might start reading a book I recently got called "God's Purpose For Every Woman". It's a book of devotions by Proverbs 31 women like Wendy.
Wendy...loved your birthday shout-out to your BFF. I have a BFF that the Lord has blessed me with for 30 years. We met on the first day of 7th grade. I am 42 as well, she'll turn 42 in August :)
I loved Ps 81 and Wendy you mentioning how our country pulled together after 9-11. Yesterday was the primary elections in KY and that chapter really resonates...USA could just as easily be inserted in for Israel!
Blessings to all GiGs
Valerie
Louisville, KY
Sending a hug your way Jennifer Renee! Also want to send one to Karen in Basel. I know how hard it can be living in country that is not your homeland.
My to do today is Psalm 81:8, 10, & 13 paraphrased for me. To not just hear, but to listen to God, to open my mind so He can fill it, and to follow in His ways.
Now, back to school work- more writing!
His, who is working out His plans for my life (Psalm 138:8a),
Gaylene
Jennifer Renee here is your hug!! I hope it makes you feel better.
Trying to see if this is working.
Thank You Lord for my BFF, she is wonderful and I am grateful for her in my life.
Thank You Father, Praise You for everything you do in our lives.
Nuggets:
Ps81:10
Ps81:16
Hello, GIG's, and a BIG welcome to all our new Cali girls,
I hardly know where to begin after reading all today's posts.
Jennifer Renee, here it comes....it's gonna be a big one....are you ready? I'm closing in with a BIG HUG! And we'll hold on tight and rock back and forth and squeeeeze each other around the shoulders. And let's throw in a few giggles for good measure! Thanks, Sister. I needed that, too! I had a really frustrating day at work today!
I prayed for all requests this afternoon, after praying for a good long time about what frustrated, saddened and scared me at work today regarding my job. It could lead to any of four different scenarios for me, so I need to pray for discernment as to which one is the Lord's plan, and then pray that I may be obedient, even if it is not what I would choose for myself.
Michelle in VA, your Uncle George was in my prayers several times leading up to and during his surgery.
To Bethany and Jacque and Grace & Peace, who posted today about vines, and pruning, and strength, thank you. It was a message I needed to hear today.
Jacque, I haven't smiled much today, but I did when I read about your prayer method :) It sounds spectacular! The most my non artistic self does is to list requests in alternating ink colors, ha ha ha! An artist and a musician! God was certainly feeling generous the day you were born, girlfriend! (BTW, thank you for the nice words about educators -- you nurses are just as awesome!)
Allie, I can sense that your initial excitement about Ryan's improvement is turning to discouragement that he still has so far to go. That's understandable, but hang in there, sweetie. I once read that Satan's most valuable tool is discouragement. Don't leave even a crack for the evil one to slip through! Lord, we ask you to lay Your protective mantle around Ryan and his mother, Allie, that they might feel Your mercy, Your comfort, Your strength, Your peace and Your miraculous healing power. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Karen, how lovely that you fell asleep comforted by the prayers you know are coming your way from across the miles. Thank you, Lord, for strengthening our Sister, Karen, as she seeks Your path for her.
Okay, time for me to head on over to Linda's new blog. I can't wait!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
((((((((HUGS))))))))) to Jennifer Renee and anyone who needs it. Michelle in NE, it looks like you can use it too. There's enough to go around.
Jacque, I can only imagine what your prayer looks like. Love how you tailor made them for each of us. Maybe one day, you can post a link? I admire your discipline because if it were me, I'd get all hung up on the color and drawings that I'd never get to the prayer part.
Welcome to the new sister posters!
Linda, can't wait to check the new blog. I bet it's a beauty. Mine needs a major makeover, big time.
I see it's getting close to 2:30. Gotta go pick up my little one.
Blessings to all of you.
Jennifer Renee, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs,
hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, hugs, coming your way sweetie-pie! Now, I know you must have felt one of those! Love you more than you know, Lori
{{{{{Joining in the hugs}}}}}
Welcome Cali Girls!
Oh My Goodness Gracious! The only down thing about our group is that we can't give each one of us a great big hug when we see each other! So many trials are going on in our group… Pray. Give up your burden to God. Tell him all about it. Tell him how heavy it is and ask him for wisdom to guide you each step. One baby step at a time. Then, know that he is not going to give you more than you can bear. He’s next to you. He will never leave you. Our trials bring us closer to Him. We learn patience while we wait. The more you chat with him and give up your load for him to carry, - the more he is going to love on you!
We keep reading His Word. Everyday. The Holy Spirit will talk to you. Pray. That is what I’m doing right now.
Sweet Jackie, ya’ll know I’m just not a tearful sister…it takes a lot for me to shed a tear, but I love your prayer idea. Mercy, I can’t draw worth a hoot, so I’ll stick with my 3 ring journal, smile…aahh, but yours is a gem! Thank you so very much for taking the time to write it out! I need some color in my black and white life! Smile…
Hugs, to each one of you! Welcome new gals!!! You’re going to get hooked right in!
Lori
Hi Taylor, Sue and Nancy-Cali Girls!!!!
So glad to have you here with us.
Hello friends,
Lori, thank you so much for you encouraging words - I surely needed them today. And Karen's post was just what I needed to see. Thank you so much.
Jennifer Renee - oh how I wish I could meed you in person - take you shopping - fix your computer - and give you a great BIG HUG. You are an amazing woman and I truly wish we could meet in person. You are truly my inspiration!! Hugs!!
Jacque - what an amazing idea for a journal. I am no artist - but I sure could "picture" in my mind what you were drawing about each person - and it was amazing. You are blessed with a fantastic imagination and talent to go with it. What a great idea!!!
Thanks again to all of you. Prayers are lifted for all of you.
I'm way tired but couldn't go to bed without catching up with everyone, so this will be pretty quick ...
I love meeting the new Cali girls! Welcome! :-)
Jenn, a hug and a prayer is coming your way! Hope you have a great night filled with deep, restful sleep.
Jacque, I love that prayer idea! I'm very visual, too, and I color code EVERYTHING! I'm going to try to 'swap' for that book on paperback swap and try it with my kids, esp my oldest. Thanks! :-)
Linda, I checked out your blog and it looks neat. Can you tell us more about the 'glow/grow/go' concept?
This isn't my nugget from reading originally, but as I've read what you've posted and strugged with our Wednesday fast on a 'monthly' day of food cravings and not feeling well, I'm wondering how much the verse about letting God fill my open mouth with good things applies to me. When I eat well, as I did when fasting during Lent, I crave good things and eat those healthy, yummy foods that God created for us. When I eat the sugary, processed things that man has invented, I crave those unhealthy things above all else. Do I mentally assign more comfort power to my Hershey's kisses than I do to my God? Something for me to work on ...
Have a great night!
Hi GIGS,
I have missed you all so much, as I got behind by about 2 wks. I am now caught up on my bible reading, but just getting back to the VLOG and BLOGS. You all are so amazing...I thank God for each of you!!
Jacque, I also teared up picturing your prayer art. So sweet. I'm going to share with an artist friend of mine who also claims to have ADD and a hard time concentrating on prayers. Going to look for the book, as well.
Love the baby bird picture too....we just need to open ourselves to God's "good things".
Nancy in TX
Post a Comment
Home