"May the words of my heart and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer."
Psalm 19:14
Psalm 19:14
My Take Aways
Something Old:
Ps. 15:2
Can I enter the LORD's sanctuary?
Ps. 16:4
Do I chase after other gods?
Ps. 17:14
Do I look to the world for rewards?
Something New:
After word-nerding, I learned instructions, decrees, commandments, commands, and laws in Psalm 19 have different meanings. instructions-8452, decrees-5715, commandments-6490, commands-4686, laws-4941)
Something to Do:
Pray specifically about question number 3 from something old. Guard me my God from this dear God. Keep me humble!






24 Comments:
Good-morning all. What wonderful news about Gabriel. Wendy, I was getting happy as you were giving us the wonderful news.
Father, in the name of Jesus, I thank you for healing baby Gabriel. Only you, Lord, could have done this miracle and we all thank you. Continue to keep your loving arms around him and his family. If I had ten thousand tongues I couldn't praise you enough for the marvelous thing you have done. Lord, I ask you to heal all those who are going through sickness right now. Amen.
Psalm 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.
My church uses this verse quite often when we are ending our prayer time that we have before each service. There are a few verses in the Bible we use sometimes to close out Sunday school or to end a prayer that I've noticed as I've read the Bible but I don't remember noticing this verse in Psalms. I sometimes even say it after doing my daily prayers. I want my words and meditation to always be acceptable to God. I have to admit that my thoughts aren't always Godly. Lord, forgive me and help me to do better.
Wendy, you gave me something to think about. Do I look for my reward here on Earth. I don't think I do but I'd have to do some deep soul searching on this. Lord, if I do look for my reward here on Earth please help me. My pastor says something like we shouldn't look for our reward down here because we won't get one in Heaven. So many people get bent out of shape if someone doesn't thank them for helping out with something when that person is recognizing others for their help. I have to admit that I do enjoy the pat on the back and being told I'm doing a good job and I do enjoy the complements I get about how well I do as a blind person but I much rather have my reward given to me in Heaven. It will last longer. I'm one who loves to express my appreciation to someone when they do something for me or when they say something that makes me feel cared about and loved.
I really enjoy Chris Tomlin. One of my favorite worship singers is Michael W. Smith.
I want to say happy mother's day to all the mothers. May your day be special.
I'll be leaving this afternoon to visit my mother for the weekend. I'll meet her at her job and I'll be back on Monday. I won't have my laptop with me so I want to say to you all have a great weekend. I'll check in next week.
Oh, I finished my mother's card. It turned out pretty good.
Yay for Baby Gabriel! What wonderful news!
Jennifer Renee, I love that verse from Psalms, too. I was raised in Methodist churches and it's usually prayed right before the sermon. We're visiting a different church right now and I miss that.
Do I want rewards now? Probably ... but I don't think I go seeking after things like promotions or prizes, and I don't expect things to be handed to me. 'Thank yous' sure are nice. I think I'm more interested in having times of peace than prizes ... those times when there aren't crazy things happening to us are more important to me, but that's not to say that sometimes I allow things to get crazy because I'm trying to do so many things. Maybe in that regard I'm unconciously working for a 'SuperMom' prize. I'll have to work on this one some more.
PS - Chris Tomlin is amazing! I got to meet him through KLOVE about a year ago. The concert was much more of a lively worship event than a concert, and his heart definitely shines through his music. :-)
Something Old: Psalm 16:10-11 is the promise of Heaven for us:
"For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your holy one to rot in the grave. You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever." Amen to that!
Something New: Psalm 21:6 tells us the only way to find Joy is in His presence. Isn't that what everyone is seeking?
Nugget: Know that even at night my heart instructs me.(Psalm 16:7) Really know that God tests my thoughts and examines my heart in the night.(Psalm 17:3) God is preparing me for a new day...he is right there with me so I never have to fear the terror of the night. I should wake up renewed in Him.
Happy Friday GIG!
Morgen
Jennifer Renee, may the Lord protect you in your travels and grant you a blessed weekend with your mother.
Amy, I thought of you and your new K student yesterday, as our incoming K students toured the school and peered into classrooms. SOO cute!
PRAISE THE LORD indeed for the latest Baby Gabriel miracle. God is so good all the time!
My nugget today, out of so many wonderful words in these Psalms, was Psalm 16:11
"You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever."
Friends, especially those further along on The Walk, for all of this week I have felt the presence of the Lord and His peace very strongly. I feel like emotions and needs and desires and resentments, and insecurities that I have been lugging around forever have just "dropped away." But mixed in with that I have been feeling a little frightened, a little "aloof" from the world, a little "could this be true?' "is this just a passing mood?" etc. I have not been known as a calm and patient person, but that's how I feel. Even in the midst of the nine-hour medical adventure with my dad the other day, I felt calm and at peace! Okay, now I'm rambling and recess duty awaits. Just thought I'd put this out there, because you all never fail to bless me with your insights, answers and shared experiences.
Have a blessed day everyone.
Peace and Gratitude,
A slightly befuddled Michelle in New England
Wow, I love the Psalms, dear sweet friends! Don't ya just wish we could camp out here on today's Psalms for a few days! So many verses that popped out to me! Wendy, you've given me more to chew on!!!
I think 16:7-8, would be good to memorize and say before we go to bed. "I will bless the LORD who guides me even at night my heart instructs me, [God is busy working even while we sleep!] I know the LORD is always with me I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me."
17:8, is one I pray each morning over my boy's: "Thank you Lord for hiding my sons in the shadow of your wings, while they drive today. Guard them as they drive down the road."
Today I see some verses I want to learn to add during my morning prayer, when I am asking the LORD to investigate my heart to see if there is sin that I do not know about: Psalm 19:12-13 -
"Dear Lord, help me to know the sin lurking in my heart right now. Cleanse me from these hidden faults that I do not know about. Keep me from premeditated sin. Don't let it control me. I want to be free of guilt and innocent of great sin."
What does His Word do for us?
*revives our soul!
*brings joy to our heart
*Gives us insight how to live
Psalms 19: 7-8
Thank you, Wendy for your teaching today. You've got me thinking too, about - do I look to the world for my rewards? Is it God I want to please, or those around me?
Little Gabriel - The doc's found nothing! Oh, thank you dear LORD! "We will boast in the name of the LORD our God" (20:7). Beautiful prayer, Jennifer Renee, for him. Glad you finished your card, and hope you enjoy the time with your mom. We will look forward to your return.
Today, dear sister's lets anticipate some more amazing things He is doing all around us!! Thank you Lord for another wonderful week in your Word. Thank you for revealing the nuggets. Thank you for the gals that take extra time to dig deep for us, to show us even more revelations each day. Lord, you are mighty. We can't begin to comprehend how great you are. Thank you for your precious blood that covers me. The curtain was torn and I have access to your Holy Presence. What comfort that is to me. What joy that brings my heart at this moment. Fill me totally, Lord. Change me from the inside - out! Lord, it's all about You today, not me! I love you with all of my heart. In your precious and Holy name dear Jesus, Amen.
Hugs, coming across the miles! Lori
Cleanse me from these hidden faults. Keep me from deliberate sins! Don't let them control me....May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer!
This is my prayer, that in the depths of my heart is a pure love, that not only the words I speak and the actions I take would me pleasing to God, but that my thoughts and meditations would also always be pleasing to him. I pray that my motivations are right and that I can seal my lips so that NOTHING I say is sinful (prideful, gossip, manipulating etc.) Psalm 17:3 and 19:12-14
We had a wonderful community prayer service last night the spirit really moved all the churches gathered to have unity: One Spirit, One God, One Christ, One Church! Our small town has been walking and growing in this for several years now and God is breaking down barriers all over town and just revealing his heart for his people. The spirit of religion is leaving and the spirit of freedom in Christ is growing!
"Some nations boast of their chariots and horses, but we boast in the name of the Lord our God.....We will rise up and stand firm." I pray our nation will boast in God and God alone!
Have a blessed day, Ladies! Planning to share a great weekend with my husband and daughter!
Sheryl - Blessed Believer in LA
Michelle in New England - Yep, that is God! PTL! Isn't it great to loose those heavy chains that we have been lugging around for so long!! What a awesome God experience and freedom. "Come to me ALL that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give YOU rest. It is so good when the promises of God are really felt and the peace of God is all about you. I pray to walk in this peace today also.
Sheryl - Blessed Believer in LA
Sweet Michelle, we were typing again at the same time! I love seeing what God is doing in you!
[Jesus said,] "I am leaving you with a gift-peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift that the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid" (John 14:27).
When Jesus left us, he did not abandon us. He left us with his Holy Spirit that is with us all of the time-His Holy Spirit even counsels us while we are sleeping! It's a special gift that we have from Him. It give us that peace of mind, to meet whatever greets us each day. Thank you, Lord for this gift!
Thank you for captivating Michelle's heart. The peace that she feels, is from you. Thank you for letting us see glimpses of your mighty work being done in each one of us!
Lord, tug at each one of us today. Draw each one of us into your Holy presence. Reveal a nugget to each sister and brother. Today, may your Word be more alive, more active - in each one of us.
Peace, Lori
Have a Happy Mothers Day ladies!
Tears come to my eyes just thinking about my own wonderful mother and mother inlaw. They have been gone 12 years. Oh, just to sit in their kitchens and talk or at their tables and eat one of those marvelous meals. One day we will in heaven. Even if there are dishes to wash, it will be an enjoyable time sharing and talking together. Cherish those moments with your moms. They will soon be gone.
My daughter is a great mom of 4. I'm going to tell her so.
What unity we have today in our nuggets-Ps. 16:11. HE shows us the way of life. HE grants us the joy of HIS presence. He gives us the pleasure of living with HIM now and forever. It couldn't get any better!
Ps.15 asks, "Who may worship (abide) in your sanctuary(tabernacle), LORD? Who may enter your presence on your holy hill?"
Those who:live blameless lives, do right, speak truth, refuse to gossip or harm neighbors, dispise flagrant(vile) sinners, keep their promises, honor faithful followers of the Lord, lend money without charging interest, and can't be bribed to lie.
That's a long list, David. He goes on to say such people will stand firm forever(shall never be moved).
In Ps.20:7, it tells us,"Some nations boast(trust) of their chariots and horses, but we boast (will remember)in the name of the LORD our God. Our trust and boasting as Christians is only in God because we know He does all things.
Let's remember to pray daily for our troops. The son of one lady in our church is serving overseas. It's been a year since her husband passed away, so it is rough. Her grandchildren are here, though.
I'm glad to hear Gabriel is ok-thanks to Jesus! What a testomony
Have a marvelous weekend everyone.
Linda from Ark.
Happy Friday Everybody,
…along with a Special and Blessed Happy Mother’s Day!!
Wendy …Thank You for your time with us all. You are a special reward to us.
Today I was lead to some searching about Psalms came across these interesting notes about the psalms in her book on line “A catholic companion to the Psalms: by Mary Kathleen Glavich
Lots and lots of interest that I put it on my favorites bar to read…
Some of the interesting information to me was:
*What does the word Selah in the margin of some psalms mean? Although the word Selah appears 71 times, punctuating 39 psalms, this word baffles scholars. Proposed explanations of What Selah signals include a musical interlude, a blast of loud music, a refrain, praying louder, or kneeling, bowing, or prostrating, Selah might also indicate “stop and think.”
*Psalm notes…
-A Hebrew shield was five-feet high and protected the entire body. When a psalm calls God my “Shield,” it implies that God is caring for my whole being.
-In Psalm 16:7, “my heart instructs me,” the Hebrew is actually “kidneys,” not “heart,” because the kidneys were considered vital and signified the essence of a person.
-Psalm 29, the oldest psalm, probably originated as a psalm to Baal, the Canaanite storm god. It is called the “the seventhunder psalm” because of the repetition of “The voice of the LORD.” the psalm powerfully describes a storm moving from the Mediterranean Sea to Labonon and on to the distant land of Kadesh.
-In Psalm 51:1 “Have mercy on me, O God,” the Hebrew word for “mercy” used here is derived from the word for “womb,” indicating that we are asking God to show mother-love toward us.
*What is the oldest known copy of the Psalm in existence?
The Dead Sea Scrolls, discovered in eleven caves in Qumran on the West Bank from 1947 to 1956, contain 36 copies of Psalms. In 1956, a manuscript of psalms and hyms dating from 30 to 50 A.D. was found in Cave 11. Among them were parts of forty-one biblical psalms. The scroll, probably calfskin contains 28 columns of carefully written script. Six or seven lines are missing at the bottom of each. The Dead Sea Scrolls are housed in Jerusalem in a museum called the Shrine of the Book. The dome of the building is shaped like the top of the scroll were found.
Brandee and so many others there is a bible quiz on the Book of Psalms …log onto www.quiz.christiansunite.com/The_Book_of_Psalms/.
I myself would like to visit it later and take it....this afternoon when it is suspose to rain. Have to go get my run in before it comes.
Prayers for All…..know your so much of a blessing to Me.
Singing Psalms
Rhonda
I have not viewed the vlog or read anyone's posts. I must write! I am so overflowing with what the Lord is speaking to me. :)
Yesterday in verses 3 and 4 of Psalm 11. When the foundations are being destroyed, what can the righteous do? The Lord is in his holy temple; the Lord is on his heavenly throne. (He is our rock and our foundation, not any thing in this world or of this world) Today there were so many wonderful things in these Psalms. Psalm 16 that speaks of our portion, cup and lot being secure (in Christ). Our boundary lines have fallen in pleasant places and we have a delightful inheritance as children of the most High God!
Now the final, what I call the "drumroll" for me. Pslam 20:7 reads "Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God."
I ask myself....What are my chariots and horses? Don't fight my battles and make my plans with my earthly chariots and horses, ie my own abilities, money and power. Trust in the NAME of the Lord our God. There is more power in the name of the Lord our God than we can fathom.
With all this, I feel empowered and at peace for my foundation is secure! Praise be to God.
AWESOME!
Posting to get e-mails. I shall return. :D
Good morning Ladies!
I'm trying to be a "word-nerd" and dig deeper in the words Wendy gave us today in Strongs. I have never used this online and I'm not sure I know what I'm doing. Can someone help me or tell me how to get there? I would appreciate you very much!
Have a great day
Kris
kris
go to biblegateway.com
do a search for your verse in kjv or nasb version (lexicon are in kjv or nasb) i usually search kjv
identify your word
Open a new window in your browser (you want to be able to go back and forth between gateway and studylight)
go to studylight.org
choose lexicon from the bottom left menu
choose old testament
far right- type in the word you identified from biblegateway. (i.e. niv uses obey. kjv uses keep. you would type in keep)
search through each number. at the bottom you will find each chapter the word is used and the number of times it is used in that chapter)
select the book (i.e. psalm, 1 samuel)
scroll down and find your verse
i then use the back arrow in the browser window to go back to the previous page with the definitions. There are times when some of the words in the definitions are unclear. if this is the case, i open another window and go to dictionary.com.
i hope this helps. email me with more questions.
carol
i love your question about chariots and horses?
makes me think. i love thinking questions.
Hi everyone. Since I won't be around to share open blog weekend with you all I thought I'd share this poem I got off of Micca Campbell's blog today.
A Mother's Day Poem
author unknown
Dear Lord, it's such a hectic day
With little time to stop and pray
For life's been anything but calm
Since You called on me to be a mom
Running errands, matching socks
Building dreams with building blocks
Cooking, cleaning, and finding shoes
And other stuff that children lose
Fitting lids on bottled bugs
Wiping tears and giving hugs
A stack of last weeks mail to read
So where's the quiet time I need?
Yet when I steal a minute, Lord
Just at the sink or ironing board
To ask the blessings of Your grace
I see then, in my small one's face
That you have blessed me All the while
And I stop to kiss That precious smile
It is great blessing to be a Mom!
Stefanie's mommy brain we haven't heard from you in a while. Praying for you girl and hoping that all is well.
Last night and today I've been fighting another headache. A little while ago I started getting a little dizzy which started to scare me a little so I laid down and I'm doing better.
Go bless. (((hugs)))
Grace and Peace, I think the other day it was you who asked me if my computer recognizes symbols for things like smile faces. No it doesn't. Whatever punctuation is used to make the smile face my computer reads the name of that punctuation.
Thanks, Wendy ~ I can't wait to research this afternoon!
Kris
Wendy, thanks for the instructions you gave Chris. I'll have to try it next week. For now I'm off for the weekend.
Hi everyone!
Susie from WI here.
Thanks Wendy, I was wondering how to go about being a word nerd with words from the Bible.
Ps 12:6
"And the words of the Lord are flawlesslike silver refined in a furnace of clay, purified seven times."
Ps 17:7
"Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand.."
Thinking of baby Gabriel, hoping and praying in faith for my daughter Kelly.
Lord, keep my lamp burning and turn my darkness into light. Ps 18:28
And, I pray for myself for God to continue to show the path of life so that I am able to be in your presence, feel your peace, and feel your joy.
I love the Psalms.
My most favorite song is Michael's Chair, "Let the Water's Rise"
Sometimes I don't know where to begin, my life is caving in..especially in light of my daughter's diagnosis 3 years ago.
I tried to control my fear, where do I go from here.
There is a raging sea that wants to pull me in.....
If you are not familiar with the song, google the lyrics or search on ytube for the song.
Susie
In WI
Hi everyone!
I have missed our group and have not commented in weeks. This week I am off of work and able to go back and do all the vlogs.
Wendy, you are such a sweet little southern belle and I love your enthusiasm for the Lord and for this bible study. I have missed the vlogs and have enjoyed watching the past couple weeks.
I am so excited to be in Psalms. I love them because they are so rich with meaning and bring peace to my heart when I read them.
Today David gives us a list about who may worship in the Lord's sanctuary. This is something that I need to write down on a card and carry with me. Basically he gives us the principles of how to live a Christ-like life. They seem easy enough to follow, but I find myself getting caught in traps of negativity and gossip which is so unhealthy. David tells us who may worship with the Lord
-those who: lead blameless lives
-speak the truth
-refuse gossip
-do not harm neighbor
-do not speak evil of a friend
-honor followers of the Lord
-keep promises
-lend money without charging interest
-those who cannot be bribed
I also loved Psalm 16:11 "You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasure of living with you forever"
What a gift. The lesson continues to be that God is always there, but I need to reach out to him. I need to ask him to help me stay on the righteous path. God is a wonderful resource and support, why do I forget that or not allow myself to take advantage of the wonderful gift he has given us? Life and love and beauty and unconditional love always...
I am learning so much and am so excited to be at Day 126!
Congratulations everyone!
Have a wonderful Friday!!!!!
Kristin-Wisconsin
Your comments have been such a blessing to read this afternoon. I was at school and had to leave early to pick my 3 year old up from daycare with a high fever. Went to the doctor, negative strep test, but she did get sick in the car on the way home. Sigh... Jennifer Renee - thank you for posting that Mother's Day poem. It is so true. We do not seem to have a moment to ourselves. I was talking to a friend at school this morning whose girls are in 7th and 10th grade, and she was sharing about how anxious she was when they were younger for them to be more independent so that she could have some time to herself. But she is now realizing how little time she has left w/ them before they're off to college and she is now trying to treasure every minute she has them with her.
I love these psalms - esp. the words of my mouth/meditations of my heart line. That is one that I pray every morning. It's so easy to get caught up in gossip at school - I know my words are not always pleasing to God. Y'all have a blessed afternoon. I'll get around to listening to the vlog sometime today, I hope. My daughter and I are hanging out on the couch watching The Wizard of Oz right now. Hoping for a peaceful night...
Kate in VA
Ps 16 "...LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance."
God has a plan for my life-- from the very beginning He has "assigned" (transferred in trust) my life, my family, my health and body, my talents and gifts, my experiences and opportunities, and all the people who have or will come into my life. This is MY portion and MY cup. He is entrusting me to all that I have and all that I am.
Am I satisfied with my portion? Do I want more? Do I appreciate it all? Am I using it to share His love? Am I honoring my inheritance?
Wendy, you mentioned boundaries, and it almost seemed like a little bible pun there when the David spoke of "my lot" and "the boundary lines!" It is such a freedom to have boundaries, knowing that I can be secure and do His work within the very "lot" (one's way of life or worldly fate) that has been given to me alone. No need to cross over the line, where there is uncertainty and fear. When I am in harmony with my portion I can only do His will! And I can delight in it! Thank you Lord!
Happy Mother's Day blessings to all of you who have given Life and who have received Life, and especially to little Gabriel's mother!
Jacque
[url=http://hairtyson.com]Phen375[/url] are tablets that forbear abridge body weight. The same of these tabs has to be enchanted with water, round 20 minutes already a refection, twice a day.
[url=http://garciniacambogiaselectz.weebly.com]
garcinia cambogia fruit extract[/url] is the rout obese on fire wring present in superstore contemporarily a days. Yield upto 10 kg in 1 month. garcinia cambogia select
Post a Comment
Home