Preparing For The Next King
Welcome Encouragement for Today Friends!

We are reading the through the One Year Chronological Bible. David is preparing for Solomon to take the throne.
Thank you for stopping by today. I pray you are blessed by today's devotion, by every Encouragement for Today that you read. Would you consider being part of what God the Builder is building through Proverb 31 Ministries?
Your investment is appreciated!



"And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve Him with our whole heart and w willing mind. For the LORD sees every heart and know every plan and thought. If you seek Him, you find Him. But if you forsake Him, He will reject you forever."

1 Chronicles 28:9



My Take Aways

Something Old:
And, Wendy, learn to know [recognize, perceive, confess, discern, know by experience] the God of your ancestors intimately [closely, personally, as a warm friendship]. Worship Him and serve Him with your whole [all of the entirety] heart and a willing [prompted to action] mind. For the Lord see [seeks with care] every heart and knows [recognizes, perceive] every plan and thought. If you seek [seek with care] Him you will find [attain, secure, meet, encounter] Him.

Something New:
David finishing well. He laying the ground for His successor to be successful.

Something to Do:
Finish well in all things I do.

P.S. As you noticed, I was joking when I said I was going to hit pause. My web-cam does not pause. Just a little funny. I did not want to start over with recording and I certainly did not want to the beans to burn. Smile


27 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Good morning gigs. I happen to read Micca Campbell's blog last night and wanted to share it with you all because it was about the flooding in TN. I know we're praying for Brandee and Jan. Lets add Micca and her family to this prayer list. There are many pictures in her post and I left the links in her post I put below. If you want to see them her web address is:

http://www.miccacampbell.com/

Monday, May 3, 2010
Nashville's Flood
s320/N.+Flood

Flooding in Nashville has reached biblical proportions and havn't finished rising yet.

Homes, cars, and stores are under water. Last night, you could swim in our front yard. Thankfully, the water has receded. Others have not been so lucky.
Our brother in law's home butts up against the Cumberland River. They've moved their furnishing to the top floor of their home hoping to salvage what they
can.

This is a historic flood. The President has declared Nashville and surrounding areas a national disaster. Eleven lives have been lost. Schools are closed
as well as many bridges due to damage. Many are trapped and can't get home. There is already a shortage of gasoline. It's bad, y'all. We would appreciate
your prayers. I'll keep you posted.

Resting in God's Care! "When you pass through the waters I will be with you, and through the rivers they shall not overflow you; when you walk through the
fire, you shall not be burned; no shall the flame kindle upon you." Is 43:2

s320/Nash

The Cumberland River

s320/Titian+Stad

The Titian Stadium. Those flags stand about 20 feet high.

s320/na+flood

Riverfront on 2nd Ave, Nashville

The famous Opryland Hotel is also under water. To view those pictures, click on this link

The Weather Guy: Opryland Hotel Flooding Pictures

Blogger Karen said...

Praying for the people in TN; Micca, Brandee, Jan, families and friends.

I was struck today by three things; first the listing of David's friends and advisors in 1 chronicles 27:32-34. Did you notice David's uncle was also Jonathan and he was "a wise counselor to the king, a man of great insight and a scribe." I also loved Hushai, who was the king's friend. How amazing to be listed in the Bible just as a friend. Am I a friend worthy of such recognition? Am I there in good times and in bad? Do I love and support my friends and am I able to put aside my selfish ways to help them on their journey? Something to ponder.

Second, 1 Chronicles 26:4-8; here is Obed-omen again. He took care of the Ark for three years and then became a gatekeeper (2 Sam 6:14, 1 Chron 15:18). Now we see the sons of Obed-omen also as gatekeepers. They had "great ability" and earned "positions of great authority in the clan." Of Obed-Omen,"God richly blessed Obed-Omen". God is still blessing him for his faithful service. How great to see God keeping His promises to several generations.

Third, David's instructions to Solomon for the Temples construction (1 chronicles 28:11-19)... Did you notice how the "spirit that was with him" gave David the plans? And did you see verse 19 "Every part of this plan...was given to me in writing from the hand of the LORD." Seems just like Moses and the Tabernacle.

God cares what His house is built from and how it is designed. He is the architect and we are the workers and the custodians. Since our bodies are now His temple, we should focus on the plan (design) given to us in writing from the LORD; His word, this book.

Be blessed today,

Karen, Basel.

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Here are my nuggets for today's reading.

1. God has a job for each of us in the church including me who's blind. For me, I like children and I used to help out in our nursery with the children who are 1-4 years old. I keep thinking about doing this again.

2. 1 Chron. 27:23 When David took his census, he did not count those who were younger than twenty years of age, because the Lord had promised to make the Israelites as numerous as the stars in heaven.

This is what God told Abraham in Gen. 15:5.

24 Joab son of Zeruiah began the census but never finished it because the anger of God fell on Israel. The total number was never recorded in King David’s official records.

It seems to me that God did not tell David to take the census because God became angry with Israel. With many things we decide to do we need to make sure it's in the will of God.

3. When David was giving the instructions to Solomon about building the temple and everything that was needed for it I thought about how Moses gave instructions to the children of Israel about building the tabernacle.

Wendy I love how you can keep teaching even with a few distractions. It sounded like a big dog barked a few times. It didn't interrupt me from listening. I love dogs. Having to ask Blair, Hope I spelled her name right, to take the green beans off the stove did make me smile. I loved your "something old".

I've had a headache since Monday morning and I don't know why. I'm wondering if the heat has anything to do with it. I've been in the house all day and turned my air on for a while. I don't get headaches often but when I do I don't feel like doing anything. I'm off to bed. Hugs to all.

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIG's

Jan, I truly admire your "cup half full" attitude about the flooding and how it could have been worse. Lord thank you for sparing Jan's buildings, and we know you will bring this family the strength and resources they will need to clean up and restore their beautiful Christian campgrounds. May You also protect and assist all those in TN as they deal with this flood. Amen.

I have prayed for each request by name this morning, and the Lord has put a few of you especially on my heart. Amy, I am pleased to pray for the sale of your home and peace for you during The Wait! Also, Amy, how is your mother's cousin doing with her health issues, and has someone "signed on the line" to care for her brother? Michelle, I am also pleased to pray for your daughter as she makes this big decision about Ghana, and for you to have peace watching her make this decision. (I got a big smile out of picturing you and Jennifer at church together! God bless you!) Gaylene, how is the studying going. Are you taking the summer off? Loice, I pray daily for Wangui to find a friend. Any developments on that front? Dixie, today's reading about guards brought to mind Lt. Laurie. I pray that this wonderful woman is safe in His protection at her post. Dawna, are you packing up or staying put? I think of you often, Sister! Jennifer Renee, I hope that headache takes a hike so you can get back to your projects. They sound like fun!

I read but haven't yet listened to Wendy, so I'll be back later with comments if I have any.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ladies,

Praying for those of you dealing with the flooding issues. Went through that here in MA about a month ago, but certainly not as devastating as what I see out your way.

Michelle, I just wanted to say thank you for who you are and for allowing us to see your love. You are such an encourager to all the girls. Your heart is really compassionate and Jesus is evident in you.

In the readings I keep coming back to one phrase over and over again. It was in this reading as well (It's almost as if God continues to highlight it throughout His word for me):

“And Solomon, my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind. For the Lord sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If you seek him, you will find him."

If you seek him, you will find him.

If I can set myself aside and seek Him with all my heart, I can let myself be humbled to the point at which my flesh is less and the Spirit is great.

Right now I'm spinning my spiritual wheels. I want to "know the plans He has for me" but am not trusting in Him completely for this. Please pray for me that I can seek Him with all my heart.

thanks everyone,
Have a God day,
Jill in MA

Anonymous Regan said...

This is my 2nd time reading along and I just can't thank you enough for doing these daily spots. Helps keep me on track and is certainly something I look forward to.

And I have to say that the "pause/green bean" moment was the highlight of my day. It's so comforting to see the "reality" of your life, too ;-)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Ladies! My prayers go out to all in TN! I love to hear/read how the Lord places such tender words of prayer to all of your blogs with very specific requests and promptings from the Spirit! Praise the Lord!

I loved what Wendy commented on and how she dissected the words! Great prayers as well. Hope you didn't burn the beans, Wendy! Ha! I enjoyed the pause!

My nugget or really a question I jotted down in my journal was from 1 Chron 26:27, These men dedicated some of the plunder they had gained in battle to maintain the house of the Lord. What instantly came to mind were these questions,

What do I have to offer from my battles, my trials, my hardships and victories to maintain the house of the Lord? Am I offering it back to the Lord? Am I using "it", whatever that maybe to fight another battle on my own strength or to glorify His name?

Serious stuff to ponder as we begin another day! Have a blessed day everyone and look forward to getting on and reading comments throughtout the day!

In Him,
Bethany

Blogger Amy said...

Just hopping on to forward the comments to my inbox. The kids are up already and my firemuff should be coming any minute. Gotta go! I'll be back later.

Anonymous Lori said...

Joining in this morning, I'm blessed with the richness of the posts already! Thank you sweet sisters!

Jan, "I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit" (Eph. 3:16). Oh, when you're at the end of the rope with the circumstances around you, may his strength allow you to persevere. Through his Spirit, God will give you the energy you need to get through this ordeal. Praying for you, Brandee, Micca, and all of the Tenn. area.

I'm praising the Lord that we all know Him. The closer we get to him, the more we will be strong and courageous, not afraid or discouraged. Thank you dear Father, that you are always with us. You never leave us. You never separate from us.

Wendy, as always loved your teaching today! When you talked about 'finishing well' --that is my desire, too. Oh, that my strong faith would be passed down to my entire family. That our whole family would be known by our mighty faith in God.

My New: I Chron. 27:33 “Hushai the Arkite was the king’s friend”
Having a special friend was important with our ancestors, just as they are today. Praying today, that each sister on the blog will have a special Godly, girlfriend, to walk beside! Also, that all of our children will have one special friend that will keep them sure-footed on God's straight and narrow path. And, for our hubbies, too! That they have a special friend, a God Man, one who is bold in their faith, not timid.

My Old: What does David tell Solomon that his greatest concern should be?

1. Be careful to obey all the commands of the LORD your God

2. Learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately
To perceive Him
To understand Him as truth
To fix my mind and memory on Him
To experience him
To have knowledge and clear understanding of Him
Special information that He reveals to me


3. Worship and serve him with your whole heart and a willing mind

To Keep in Mind: The LORD sees every heart and knows every plan and thought. If I am willing and I seek Him with my whole heart, I will find Him. I am willing, Lord. Today, I am seeking you with my whole heart. Today, I will find you. Praise you Father, for your precious Word! Just like Wendy said, “It is alive!”

PS Wendy, you can see part of the verse popped out at me, and I looked up a word too, but now I'm going to go and make it personal like you said! Also, will check out Studylight.org. Usually, like today, I went to dictionary.com.

Thank you sweet Wendy, and thank you all, also! Love you and praying for you ~ Hugs, Lori

Anonymous Debbie G said...

Hi Wendy,
I love that you are a "word nerd" and dig to find the deeper meanings, like in today's devo. I never considered building as preparing or equipping. Thank you for some new insight to tuck in my brain as I read God's word.
Debbie G

Blogger Brandee said...

Good Morning Dear Friends,
First I want to say thank you all for the prayers for us here in TN. Jennifer Renee, I went to Micca's blog and although I have been watching the news and seen pictures after picture, video after video, there was something so real in her post that hit home with me. This is where I grew up all my life, to see the devastation was overwhelming today and my heart is heavy. My husband and I had our wedding pictures taken at Opryland hotel, to see it all under water breaks my heart. A close friend of mine was up in Clarksville yesterday helping her parents salvage what they could from her childhood home. It was ruined by the rising waters of the Cumberland river. This is my home and even though I look out my window and all seems ok, just down the road 30 minutes things are not ok. But God, God is here and in control. He will use this for His glory and today I pray that His mercy will pour forth over our area and heal our hearts.

Ok, on to the reading for today :) My verse that stood out to me was also 1 Chronicles 28:9. It caught my attention yesterday afternoon when I was reading and just leapt of the page at me! I took the time last night to look it up in several translations and the one that really got my attention was the Amplified:

And you, Solomon my son, know the God of your father [have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with, and understand Him; appreciate, heed, and cherish Him] and serve Him with a blameless heart and a willing mind. For the Lord searches all hearts and minds and understands all the wanderings of the thoughts. If you seek Him [inquiring for and of Him and requiring Him as your first and vital necessity] you will find Him.

We are to KNOW God. Have personal knowledge of Him, be acquainted with Him, understand and appreciate Him, cherish Him. It is not just a matter of knowing about Him, but truly knowing Him. Remaining in Him as we read about in John 15. Remaining in Christ the vine because only in Him can we do all things.

We are to SERVE Him. How? With our whole hearts, a blameless heart. I want to serve Him with the entirety of my heart, not just bits and pieces. I do not want to close off any parts of my heart to Him, but let Him have full reign, He deserves my full devotion. The Amplified says we are to serve with a blameless heart. Psalm 19:13 says,

Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

A blameless heart is one where we do not plan and premeditate sin. We do not have sin ruling over us. We will always have reactive sin, but to walk a blameless life sin is not proactive.

We are to SEEK Him. I love what the Amplified says, we are to seek Him as our first and vital necessity. He is the vital necessity of my life! I can not make it through a single day without Him. My cry is David's cry in Psalm 63:1,

O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.

I think this verse is note card worthy for me today and one I am going to be praying daily.

Lord, I want to KNOW You.
Lord, I want to SERVE You.
Lord, I SEEK You.

to be continued...

Blogger Brandee said...

Jacque and Jennifer Renee- I noticed you two took the spiritual gifts test I found. I took the time to take it yesterday afternoon too and I scored highest on

Faith-22
Knowledge-18
Teaching-18
Administration-13

After taking this I thought about the results and the really high score on faith. The gift of faith is where the Spirit provides Christians with great confidence to believe and expect great things from God. I was thinking about this and how God uses this in my life. It makes so much sense to me now that I felt Him place on my heart Ezekiel 22:30 as my purpose. It says, "I looked for a man [woman] among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land." God has called me to pray as my number one ministry and it takes great faith to be a prayer warrior. It all makes so much sense after I took that test. The other gifts made so much sense to me as well as I look at my passions and the things I know God has placed on my heart to be doing in His body and for Him.

Hope you all have a great day. My son's school is closed again so we are going to hang out today and I told him I would take him to lunch. I am suppose to meet two friends to talk about our women's ministry at church. Not sure if we will still do it with the kids not in school, but we will see.

Love,
Brandee, TN

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm praying for those in Nashville and Tennessee. As the rains came down and the floods came up, the house on the rock stood firm. On May 1, we read where Jesus is our Rock.

We obey, learn, worship, and serve God with a whole heart(no other gods) and a willing mind. What we think about is what we say or do.Let's guard our minds.

The Lord sees and knows;we seek and find-verse 9.
We take His instructions serioulsy.
The Lord chooses whom and we do the work-verse 10.

This was David's last year of his reign as king, Matthew Henry says.
(He made many assignments.)

He must have pondered words of wisdom to leave his son, Solomon.
What legacy are we leaving our children? I, too, want to leave mine faith.

In verse 20," God will see to it that all the work related to the Temple of the LORD is finished correctly." What a heavenly temple awaits us! In the meantime, let's take care of our bodies, which is the temple of God.

Go in peace all,
Linda from Ark.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Good morning, GIGs.
Continuing to pray for God's protection and provision for our sisters in TN.

What caught my attention in today's reading was how David threw himself into the preparation for the building of the temple. He wanted to build the temple himself but God told him no. Inspite of that set-back, he still did all he can to prepare everything for his successor. No resentment, no bitterness, no tantrums. That really touched me because there are things that I am asking God if I can do - my DH's spiritual walk comes to mind. The problem is he is resistant to the things I suggest. But he has a tender heart towards our DS2. So I am preparing my DS2 in the ways of the Lord - we read our bibles together every night. He even started doing his own inductive study from Precepts (his drawings are so cute). I take him to church in the morning and Awana. This year, he is participating in the Bible Bee again. We discuss what we hear in Christian radio. I even let him read my Jon Courson commentary. :) While I do those things to help my son grow in the Lord, I am also praying that maybe through him, his Dad would be encouraged and devote his life to Jesus.

Have a blessed day, everyone.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good posts today ladies. I struggled with some of the Chronicles...specifically the reading of all the names...(boring) but I liked someone's comment yesterday about what an honor it is to have yourself named in the Bible...so that helped me to continue reading on.

Am I seeking Him like I should? I know there are some days when I suddenly realize.."oh my..I haven't talked to Jesus at all yet today!" And it may be the afternoon...I don't like those days...the days when I seek my Jesus right away are the best days for me.

G&P....I read your post and thought that it is wonderful that your DH doesn't object to all of the "religious stuff" your son is doing....that is so great, and makes me wonder if deep down he knows whats true? My hubby has never objected to all of the bible school/sunday school/church/bible studies/etc...the kids and I have done either. I am thankful for that fact. It would be really hard if he did.

Anyhoo...you's all have a great day and find moments all day long to Praise Him!
Morgen

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Morgen,
DH was resistant at first esp the Awana on Sunday nights AND church Sunday morning. But I told him DS2 is the one who wants to go on Sunday mornings, I would rather sleep in. ;) Also when DS2 won the Bible Quiz recently, DH came with us to the venue and he was so proud of his son. So, you're right, deep, deep, deep down DH knows - he's just being stubborn, that's all.

Jan, I just read your post from last night. Oh my gosh, that is a lot of clean up work. Praise God though that He left you a little something in the chapel. He is risen, indeed and still in control. Bless you, my sister.

Brandee, thanks for the link to the spiritual gifts. I thought I took that test already but can't find my results. Will have to do it again. Praying that if you do go to lunch with the women at church, God will give you the direction you need re the ministry.

Anonymous Lori said...

Grace and Peace, God is smiling down on you, what an amazing faith you are passing down to young DS2. This is what God desires of you, to be the Spiritual Leader till your DH can take over! God is working. Let go of your husband. Your love will be all he needs to be drawn to the Lord. Patience. Remember (I have to tell myself this too) God is transforming us also! We don't want to slow down his kingdom work...let us both, let God do his work...Our men do not like us suggesting things to them -smile! It's got to be on his own time, which is really God's time! Praise you Father, that you already have a day planned to capture Mr. G&P's husband. I'm sure we all will be gripped in awe by your glorious plan! Your glory is worth the wait. In the meantime sweet GP -just keep on lovin' him! Your peace and love will draw him to the Lord.

Jennifer Renee, hope your head ache is behind you now. I'm praying your bus goes to Michelle's church; now how fun would that be?! Keep us posted! smile...

Aahh, time to carpool! Hugs, Lori

Oh yes, Susan, I don't know which i'm more excited about -Peace in the Journey's book or your photo's inside! :) I don't know her, but she posts on 2 of my favorite blogs I visit, so I feel like I know her! I'm so happy to see her book on sale!!! Thanks for sharing this with us yesterday! I thought about you in that mud-run!!! You must be way younger than me! smile!

Hugs everyone, Lori

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Hey, GIGS! Praying for you gals in Tenn.! Bless your hearts. I will pull up the videos in a bit...thank you Jenn Renee for those. Lori, the mud run pics are of my hubby(he doesn't have a facebook, so my name was on there!)He's the tallest of the muddy guys. I did do it 4 years ago when there were only 57 teams! This weekend, there were over 900 teams...all monies went to Toys for Tots.:)

Y'all, this scripture today had me weeping! I don't normally do that, but God was touching my hear tin a big way. My nugget is the same as Wendy's...1 Chron.28:9. When I inserted my name instead of Solomon's name...mercy..the tears just flowed! I am still sitting in awe at His presence over this.

As I was reading about the gatekeepers, I noticed the words used to describe them...richly blessed, very capable, well qualified. I wondered if God sees me in those desriptions as I go about His work. Much to ponder!

Hugs!
Susan

Blogger Amy said...

I'm back! I gave up on exercising today b/c my firemuff sleeps lightly and they electric people are cutting off limbs in the front yard ... may not have long again!

A few things stuck at at me today. First, that each tiny piece of every job for the temple has been carefully planned for, and each person has a different job to do, regardless of age, etc. You don't get promoted or moved up - you do the work that God called you to do. Isn't that how we're to be as the Christian body? Not envious of the jobs of others or critical of others' work, but just doing the work that He calls us to do and letting others do the same. Reminds me of 1 Cor. 12:12-31. I'd put it here but it's longish.

I loved the same verse that Wendy pulled out and dissected for us, and I looked up 'intimately,' also. I love how Meriiam-Webster says that it is "marked by close association." How am I marked by my close association with Jesus? Can others see it?

Piggybacking off of that, the next verse was important to me, too. 1 Chron. 28:10. "The Lord has chosen you to ___. Be strong and do the work." What has he called me to do? What goes in my blank? What do I need to be strong for Him and just do?

I took the test that you linked yesterday, Brandee, and I came out highest in aministration/organizing and teaching, which didn't surprise me since I'm a trained teacher and love to organize things. I worked in our last church both as a volunteer and as one of the preschool teachers and loved it, but that ended. I feel now almost as if I'm being prepared for something, and maybe that sounds silly, but He called me to a certain position in the church last year and when I hesitated, it didn't work out. I can see now with my blurry human eyes maybe part of what He planned, and am now trying to be patient and wait until the next direction comes along. In the meantime, I feel as if this is part of what I'm to do - to wait and study and prepare. When I find out what's supposed to go in my blank, I want to be ready! I want to both start and finish well!

Does that make any sense?

Michelle, thank you for praying for Gloria and Jr.! I haven't heard anything new about either except that my mom's sister is sitting with Jr. part-time. We haven't heard any more about Gloria's kidney condition, but I just asked my mom again. Maybe more will filter this way soon.. It's hard to get news with such a big family, and my grandmother, who gets it and is supposed to pass it, has hearing issues and tends to pass out when she gets upset, so .... I'll keep trying.

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

One of the verses that stuck out for me and blessed me in today's reading is 1 Chronicles 28:20 And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the LORD God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the LORD (KJV).
God is always with us during the difficult times and helping us through them.

Michelle in New England my headache took a hike this morning. I'm working on my mother's card while listening to the comments which is what I've been doing for the past two days. Killing two birds with one stone, ha smile. I finished the easiest part and now for the hard part. Sewing lace and beads on it. I'm going to try and put the word mom on the front in beads. Then I will sew the paper inside after printing "Happy Mother's Day". Again being blind is frustrating at times but it can also have its advantages. Smile again. I don't drive so I do my needle points while going somewhere like church.

Amy, I also love jumpers and have one on today. It's actually a Hawaiian muumuu that someone brought my aunt from Hawaii and she gave it to me because it was too big for her. My sister says people don't wear them but I like it and it's comfortable. If I could find jumpers like this I'd buy several.

Ok, back to work for me.

Blogger Amy said...

Oh, PS - Is there any way that we could add 'Godly friends' to the list of people/things we're praying for? I know that we've talked about this with a person here or there specifically, but I think maybe this is one of those things that should be on our master list. All believers need to have another person, or even a mentor, to whom they can call, hug, cry on, shop with, etc., and for those who don't have one, they need one. For those who aren't believers yet, well, we're praying that God opens their hearts, so why not add someone to help them grow while we're at it??

I didn't have any Christian friends until just a few years ago, and it has made SUCH a difference to me!

Blogger Karen said...

Amy!

I'm laughing out loud! "It's hard to get news with such a big family, and my grandmother, who gets it and is supposed to pass it, has hearing issues and tends to pass out when she gets upset, so .... I'll keep trying." I'm sorry, that cracks me up! I hope your family is okay and that Jr. is being taken care of. Don't stress you poor grand ma out!

HUGS!!

karen

Blogger Amy said...

Karen, isn't it crazy? My grandfather had 10 siblings, and they were all close and my mom knows them all well, but many moved away and I don't. Now that Pappy is gone, Meme is the one who passes the news along to us, but even with her hearing aids (she's now 82 and has a bunch of medical issues), you have to shout. Since she now lives alone, we also worry that she'll get news and faint again - it happens often. Pappy once had to call 911 because her heart stops. So, when one of her daughters drops by, they try to feel her out on the latest and then call some cousins if they have to. Since only one daughter now lives in town ... you get the idea. *Sigh* Isn't it crazy?? So, I appreciate the prayers for my nutty family and try to be patient. (They make me laugh sometimes, too, but don't tell my mom!)

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Lori,
Thanks for your prayer and encouragement. That means a lot to me. (((HUGS)))

Amy, thanks for sharing a slice of life re your family. It takes all kinds, doesn't it?

I couldn't find the spiritual test link that Brandee posted earlier until Amy pointed out that it was yesterday's (duh, I posted after her so I didn't get the email). I ended up taking 3 tests that came up on google. And got different results but the common ground: service, teaching/knowledge & discernment. Pretty cool!

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Hi, Jennifer Renee. Enjoy making your card. I'm sure it will be beautiful. I wonder, does the computer recognize emoticons? And if so, does it say "smiley face"? Just curious. ;) (see I put a winking one there)

Blogger Amy said...

Crazy family update ... As it turns out, Gloria has cancer in only one kidney and is having it removed within the next few weeks. She's been training someone to take over her care of her brother for her, so I guess they have that worked out. On the down side, my hard-of-hearing grandma was cleaning on Friday so the house would be clean for her cleaning lady - you have to know Meme! - and hurt her back. She's in lots of pain and can't take anything because she, too, has kidney problems. She actually fractured her back a few years ago and has to be really careful of it, anyway - which she isn't. So, I guess Gloria's plans are going as well as can be expected and Meme's trying to survive the pain. Mom's going to go visit this weekend.

Thanks, Michelle, for your prayers! As you can see, they're needed and much appreciated!

Blogger Gaylene said...

Dear GIGs, you all have touched my heart so much! To Michelle in New England- I am on a two week break (2nd week) from school, having finished my 4th semester of the doctoral program having come through it only through God's grace and with the daily prayers of a loving mother and the wonderful support of my husband.

Amy, I join in the praying for godly friends for us. I yearn for just one that I can turn to, yet when I cry out, God is there to wipe the tears and provides much needed encouragement and at times chastisement in the most unique ways. Isn't He just wonderful?!

Praying for the many needs that have been shared- God reminds us that "He sees every heart, knows every plan and thought".

My to do in the journey is to remember that "the Lord God, my God, is with me- He will not fail me nor forsake me"

His through grace,
Gaylene

Post a Comment

Home