There Was Great Joy...
"There was great joy throughout the land of Israel."
2 Chronicles 12:40



My Take Aways

Something Old:
Trouble can quickly follow great joy.

Something New:
I was amazed at the almost minute by minute communication between God and David during the battle with the Philistines but David never consulted God about moving the Ark.

Something to Do:
Stay close to my Stronghold in the great joy and when the enemy mobilizes against me.

Psalm 27:1
The LORD is my light and my salvation-whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-of whom shall I be afraid?


25 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Well, around three hours ago I found out the reason for why I've been so depressed and even crying a few times this week. I know I can't use this as an excuse for staying down. I've been depressed for nearly two weeks. Things that have occurred in my life, like really wanting to visit my Spiritual mom because I miss her and won't be able to visit for a few months, would bring me down and bring me to tears.

Lori thank you for the comment you made yesterday at 11:32 am. It really blessed me. I'm sending you a ((hug)). Feel it? I keep thinking you'd make a great Christian counselor or something like that. You give such encouraging words. To be honest many of you are full of encouraging words. It's like you know exactly what to say. Just like my friend who is a Christian counselor. I read your words and feel inadequate with my few words but God has blessed us all with our own ways of encouraging others. I may not be able to write such encouraging words too often but God does use me, I believe.

Yesterday after I posted I listened to a CD by one of my favorite gospel singers, Yolanda Adams, and I started to feel much better and a little encouraged. I wanted to share a song I heard on the CD that blessed me. It's called, I Gotta Believe

http://vodpod.com/watch/1037059-i-gotta-believe-yolanda-adams

The following words are the chorus to the song.

I believe that I can make it, I can make it through the night
I believe that I can walk on, with my head held high
I believe that I am special in every way
But in order to have my victory-I gotta believe-Ooh yeah!

This is one song I would download as my ring tone if I knew how to do that and how to just buy the one song without having to pay monthly charges to keep getting ring tones. The websites I've seen, like the ones that have the song's lyrics and can also download the song as your ring tone, Have you pay monthly charges to keep getting downloads.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Jennifer Renee,
You're still up. Aren't you on the East Coast? Well, I will keep you company while I wait for my son to finish typng his book report.

I hope you are feeling better now. Keep listening to your favorite praise songs. There's no better way to lift the spirit. Lately I have been humming this song - I don't even know the title:

I will rise
When You call my name
No more sorrow, no more pain

I will rise
On eagle's wings
(Then I don't know the rest of the song but it still never fails to lift up my spirit.)

Do you think God is using this time away from your spiritual mentor to draw you closer to Him? Maybe He doesn't want you relying on anyone - no matter how nice, good, smart and loving they are because they are still humans, prone to fail and disappoint. All I can say is keep close to our Father and hold on tight! And you won't have to wait 2 weeks to see HIM, he is already there.

My son is done with his report so I am going to sign off. Good night, dear sister. I pray that as you sleep, God will give you sweet dreams of times past that you have since forgotten. May you wake up refreshed and renewed.

Talk to you in the morning.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Ok I guess he's not done yet. On todays reading 2 things stood out to me.

1 Chron 12:32 all 200 sons of Issachar were men who understood the signs of the times and knew the best course for Israel to take. Just like them we need to be aware of what is going on in the world. I am the first to admit that I don't do this because seeing the state of our country gets me down. But things are happening around the world, in the Middle East specifically that are a prelude to the fulfillment of biblical prophecy. On one hand it's scary when I think of how these things will affect my children. Yet on the other hand it is exciting because it means Jesus is coming back soon! Glorified body, here I come.

The second is 2 Sam 5:20 & 24 "The Lord did it!" (David attributed the victory to God instead of himself. I love his heart.) And "When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, be on the alert. That will be the signal that the Lord is moving ahead to strike down the Philistine army." I wonder what sound marching feet on top of trees make? This passage seems related to the first passage I picked re Issachar. My take is to have my eyes and ears open to what is going on around the world. Clearly God is sending us a signal. With the earthquakes here in So Cal, the one in China, the volcano in Iceland that almost shut down air travel in Europe. Things are happening, GIGs!

Hav a blessed day everyone.

Blogger Karen said...

Jennifer Renee, Grace-and-Peace's words are right on target. Sometimes when our energy is at the end, when our cup is almost empty, it's hard to see the promises the Lord is fulfilling in our lives. Our view is obstructed. We are in a deep valley and can only see the mountains ahead that need to be scaled. But God is there. He loves to meet us in our valley!. He loves to reveal the path to us.

Isaiah 40:4-5 - 4 Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.

5 And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
and all mankind together will see it.

I am writing these words as much for myself as for you. I am in a low place too and I am finding myself crying out to God as tears flow; why? Why God are you not answering my prayer? Where do my husband and I need to be, spiritually, emotionally, before You act? Hear me oh God as I cry to you!

Then I pray a prayer of repentance, that I let doubt cloud my mind. That I am not trusting Him to provide for us and to fulfill His purpose for us. It is a very hard place to be. My prayers are with you.

For today's reading, my did not know is 1 Chronicles 11:4. I did not know that Jerusalem had a different name (Jebus). Even in Joshua, Jerusalem was called Jerusalem. Did the name change and then change back?

I also did not know 1 Chronicles 3:4b. "Then David reigned another thirty-three years in Jerusalem." Thirty-three years; the amount of time our Savior walked on this earth! Also notice that David started his reign at the age of 30 (2Sam. 5:4) which was also the age Jesus was when he started his ministry.

I looked at several commentaries and did not see anyone commenting on these analogies. The focus of the commentaries were other details of these chapters and passages. Did anyone else notice this correlation?

Have a good day everyone!

Karen, Basel

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIG's,

Jennifer Renee, bless you for leaving a post for us to find this morning. I hope you had a restful night, and that today will be a better day. Jodie, how you doing?

For the first time ever I did not do my reading as soon as I got up. I felt the need -- actually it is a privilege -- to pray for all my friends who have requested prayer. Then I caught up on last night's comments.

Jeanne, your prayer for our hurting sisters was so beautiful I copied it into a new document I entitled "Prayer Warriors". Then I added Lori's and Jacque's as well. When I read the words of you mighty prayer warriors, I physically feel a peace come over me. I wish I had that gift. But now your prayers are tucked away where I can read them any time I need to. Lori, I agree with Jennifer Renee about your counseling abilities. Your words are always a blessing, and I can "feel" your encouraging smile as I read your words. (Hmmm, encourage----the base word is "courage". I never thought about that before.)

Wendy, your vlog today was something I really needed to hear. Thank you for giving me permission to stay in the stronghold. It is where I want to be, but sometimes I get to feeling that it is a withdrawn place to be, and not the right place to be. But that's clearly the enemy attacking. Something that I have been having a lot of difficulty with lately is that I feel the enemy attacking THROUGH people in my extended family who supposedly love me. But then we see that happen to people in the Bible as well, so it's not just me. Jodie, maybe that's happening to you, too. Let's just hang out together here in the stronghold!! Sounds good to me.

Okay, now I'll go do the reading and hopefully have some comments. Sorry to be so long-winded this morning.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy, I appreciated your emphasis on our stronghold. I was confused about why Uzzah was killed, so I looked up his story and found a bit of info.

The Ark wasn’t suppose to be carried by oxen (it had been sent out with oxen to wander by the Philistines), but by the Levites. Uzzah died because he touched the Ark of God. David’s carelessness led to a man needlessly dying.
David’s admission: “We did not consult God about the proper order.” They did it in a manner that seemed right to them, but they did not check to see if God approved.

David was mad that God killed Uzzah, but he learned that he had only himself to blame.

We cannot approach the worship of God haphazardly. Our sloppiness could cause the destruction of others. Our laziness could keep someone out of heaven. Ignorance of the law is no excuse before God, we are still subject to His will. Learn to serve God in the ways that He has taught us.

Obed-Edam-- what an honor to hold the presence of the Lord in his home! But we can invite Him to be the honored guest of our homes, our hearts, our strongholds every day.

Blessings today,
Jacque

Blogger Amy said...

Jennifer Renee, I'll look up that song. I don't know that one but it sounds good.

Grace and Peace, that song is 'I will Rise' by Chris Tomlin from his "Hello, Love" CD. He has really great ones there. A friend won tickets and meet-and-greet passes last year and took us. He was very nice and the concert was an amazing worship experience. :-) also, I rarely watch the news because it's too depressing and political for me, but after reading "The Last Jihad" books by Carl Rosenberg, I feel that maybe things are so bad just because we're so close to Jesus' coming, which puts it all in a whole new light. I'm still terrified of the things that will have to happen before He returns, especially for my kids' sake, but knowing that He'll take care of us all makes it much easier. If you're interested in end times prophecy, you might like these. A local seminary grad/preacher's wife lent them to me, and the author does a great job of showing how we MIGHT be fulfilling prophecy now. Of course, it's still only his interpretation of the Bible, but it's interesting to read.


Karen, I noticed the ages and the length of time David ruled, as well. Didn't Saul also actually become the king when he was 30, too? God seems to have patterns - maybe so we'll pick up on things easier? I'm 31 now, so maybe that means that I'm supposed to already know my place in this world - in which case I'm in trouble because I don't!

I wondered at the difference in terminology at one point. in Samuel the reference to the battle is that God moved and "he" won, but in the Chronicles version it says "they." Did the author mean David and God or David and the people or all three? It doesn't really matter, I suppose, but I like looking for the slight differences between the accounts to keep my attention and get as many details as I can. It helps me picture what's happening.

The other thing that jumped out at me is the moving of the Ark. After Uzzah dies, it says that "David NOW feared the Lord, ..." What did he feel before? After all the ways that God kept him safe and protected him, after all of the miracles that He performed, did David not see the strong and powerful side of God as well as the loving side of Him? Is that not something that we Americans are guilty of, as well? Ted Dekker, a Christian fiction author who was raised in the jungles of Indonesia as the son of missionary parents, says that Americans are guilty of ignoring the bloody violence of the cross, which disrespects the huge and amazing sacrifice that Jesus made for us. Several of his books actually focus on the blood in order to accentuate God's gift of love to us. If you want to read any, the "Martyr's Song" series is really good.

Enough from me! Today's my son's third birthday, and he wants to take a picnic lunch to a local lake and go hiking. I better get packing!

Anonymous Lori said...

Thursday...Here we come...

My Old: David asks the Lord for advice and obediently does what the Lord tells him (2 Sam. 5:19 & I Chron. 14:10). “And again David asked the LORD what to do” (2 Sam.5:23 & I Chron. 14:14).

My New: I don’t remember David sharing God’s Glory with such enthusiasm like I read today. - “The LORD did it! David exclaimed, “He bust through my enemies like a raging flood!” Can’t ya just picture his face – speaking with such excitement, and I bet his hands were moving too! Love it! (2 Sam. 5:20 & I Chron. 14:11).

David was well-liked and God blessed him because he was faithful and obedient to Him.
“So David’s fame spread everywhere” (I Chron. 14:17).
“David became more and more powerful” (2 Sam. 5:10).

Another new for me today: The Jebusites, were the original inhabitants in Jerusalem. They were a Canaanite tribe, and this nation lived at the site of Jerusalem (which was called Jebus). These people were not nice to David (putting it mildly). This group of people needed to be forced out, in order for God to be present, (the Temple moved back). This is exactly what we have to do to our own strong holds (our idols) - we need to cast them out of our system. They can stay deep within us and cause us to keep God out. They conflict with God’s will for our day.

I am looking forward to the Ark coming home to Jerusalem. Aahh, it’s on its way back to its people. All during most of Samuel’s leadership and during Saul’s 40-year reign, the Ark has been with Abinadab at Kirjath-jearim (I Chron. 13:5). We read today in 1 Sam. 6 about the people preparing to bring the Ark back. Read Numbers 4:1-15 – this will give you a good review about the directions given to David. [which the people did NOT follow!]

My To Do: To daily read God’s Word. It’s a day-to-day journey, ladies! We can’t comprehend how much our Father is waiting to bless us with. Our Great King IS able to do exceeding & abundantly above all that we ask or think (Eph. 3:20).

Sweet Wendy, your lesson today is so applicable to our daily lives! It just puts everything into perspective - we are to be praising and thanking God and trusting Him, all of the time...during our worried moments, but during our joyful moments as well! This focus on Him, is the best way to keep us in His STRONGHOLD, rather than in the enemy's territory! Aahh, dear friends, our Father, He keeps us safe, protected, and secure!

Prayer's coming your way dear famiy! Lori

PS Ya'll are just too sweet to encourage me the way you do! I always thought I really did not have that much to offer-I'm definitely not a speaker or writer, or a big-wig, ha-ha, but, I'll tell ya what, God's been showing more and more, His perfect Will for me. He has me clinging to Him (which I've found is the best place to be), serving people in need, praying for others' & encouraging others-which I never saw as a gift before. I could not stop doing it if I tried. smile! God made me this way and I love Him for showing me that I do have a purpose in life! Thank you Lord, and thank you sisters! Love you to pieces! Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friends! Hang in there Jen-Ren and Karen....God is right there with you. He knows what He's doing in your lives. Trust.

Karen - I connected the dots from David to Jesus too. Besides the 30 years old, and 33 year reign connection; I noticed in 2 Sam 5:2 God tells David "you will be the shepherd of my people Isreal". Sounds like Jesus too.

I had an amazing visual today which rarely happens for me, but in 1 Chronicles 12:38 after it had stated the numbers of warriors willing to fight alongside David, it states, "All these men came in battle array"....can I get a big WOW! Wouldn't that have been an amazing sight...one that caused emotion to stir up in your heart and tears to swell in your eyes..just to see that? We women love our warrior men anyways...then to have thousands of them dressed in their armor in one place with one purpose? Too cool!

Today's reading was good. And after fighting thru my prayer times yesterday...(exercise, exercise, right Lori?) I am feelng much more connected to God this morning.

Praise Him ya'll!
Morgen

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you imagine this great unity?
Concerning David beoming king-all the tribes agreed, the armed warriors were eager and had a single purpose. What if our families, churches, and nation were like this? Christ would be exalted and the gospel shared. People would be living differently, with less crime.

Matthew Henry tells us that good intentions do not justify a bad action.

David should have asked God how to move the Ark of Covenant. Moses was given instructions years earlier. David was afraid that God might strike him dead also. I see how important it is to consult God about situations in my life.

Have a joyful day.
Linda from Ark.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning all. I'm posting this without reading the other posts (yet). It is a beautiful morning here in Freetown, MA. Birds are at my feeder. A cardinal is singing to his girl and flycatchers are builing their annual nest on my outdoor spotlight. I'm reminded that if the sparrows have no worries, why should I?

something old: "From the tribe of Levi, there were 4,600 warriors." I didn't realize Levi had warriors. I thought that their sole resposibility was to God's Holy things.

something new: "When you hear a sound like marching feet in the tops of the poplar trees, go out and attack! That will be the signal that God is moving ahead of you to strike down the Philistine army.”

God's Holy army moving forward. How often I forget how vast and powerful is His army. Like the cloud by day and fire by night His army is there to fight for me.

Something to do: Wait for His army to march out ahead of me. Every battle I take by myself ends in defeat. If I wait on God's will and command good will come.

Have a good God day everyone!
Jill
from Freetown (but free in Him) MA

Blogger Linda said...

We see way back in 1 Sam 16:13 that David was just anointed with oil and the spirit of God came upon him. He has waited Patiently for the anointing to be fulfilled, 2 Sam 5:1-3, at the age of 30. He has been threatened with his life and has been on the run all this time, up to the age of thirty. What wonderful faith he had, that God was with him. David shows grace, mercy and love for God’s people (even his enemy, Saul)... The Israelites could see that David was anointed by God. And they could witness that God’s power was with him.
My nugget..When things are not going the way I have planned, do I wait patiently on God? David set a beautiful example for us on honoring, worshiping and waiting on God’s timing, even as so many obstacles got in his way. Not to mention how God has taught him important lessons along the way, before he became king.
Going to be a beautiful day here in Seattle,
Linda

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Good morning again, GIGs.

Amy, Happy 3rd Birthday to your little one! Enjoy your day. Also, thanks for the song title. I should have known it's a Chris Tomlin one. His other song, How Can I Keep from Singing always brings tears to my eyes when we sing it at church. I also enjoy the books by Joel Rosenberg. He came to our church one year and talked about how God gave him the vision for the books. He shared that when The Last Jihad was released how his young son prayed and prayed to God. Sure enough it was no. 1 in Amazon the next morning. :)

Karen, (((HUGS))) to you. May God give you the direction you are asking for. He promised in Prov 3:5-6 "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." WE know our God does not lie. Also, I did not notice the 30's before. Thank you for pointing that out. God is in the details.

Let me just add that in today's reading re the Ark and the cart. My pastor preached on this the very first time I attended our church. He said, "We can't contain God in a box and cart Him around behind us." Somehow that message spoke to my heart and I realized that that church is going to be my church home. I thank God for leading me there. It is a wonderful church that go through the bible book by book, chapter by chapter, verse by verse. It is such a blessing! My prayer is that each of you dear GIGs would have the same type of chuch home where you are fed, led and loved.

Enjoying the rainy California weather we're having (which led me to another song "Hallelujah, grace like rain pour out on me, Hallelujan and all my sins are washed away, are washed away" and I hum along since I don't know the rest of the lyrics),
G&P

Blogger Tina said...

I am having trouble this week on keeping up! My oldest son knocked my laptop onto the floor and the screen is broke. Thought I could still follow along on my phone,but can't get Wendy's video:( Does any one know if or how I could find her on Youtube? I've still been reading,but it just isn't the same for me if I don't have Wendy's wise words and pretty face speaking to me:) Continued prayers for all on this blog. Jill~Did I miss the update on Beau? We take Claire to Pittsburgh,they are great there, I love our neurologist and the hospital is amazing! Funny thing I wanted to share: we are doing college visits and pre-school visit this month! Does that happen very often?LOL! This fall will be a teary one with 1 off to college and 1 off to pre-school, I love God's sense of humor :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, I love all the Proverbs 31 devotions! They always inspire me and I have forwarded them on to others. I enjoy writing. I have always done this for many years. But over the last few years I have had the privilege of leading a small ladies group in my church called Leading Ladies. This year God gave me the opportunity to hold my own ladies retreat with another local church of about 13 women. I was so nervous but I know now it was in His plan. I realized that weekend God is opening the door for me. I say this because I know I am called to speak. I had the fear for many years I could not do it because I had no education other than being a high school graduate and I am not a Pastor’s wife. I am over that fear Praise the Lord! I desire to receive from leaders the structure and the wisdom in speaking at church events. I have been serving under a ministry in and out of my church that speaks to women. This would mean so much to me to win the scholarship to the She Speaks Conference. I believe this will teach me and draw me closer to the will of God for my life. I cannot afford to pay for the conference. I am in the process of having fundraisers now for my kids to do their dreams and mom has to be put on the back burner sometimes.  But I am so hungry and humble for direction in my faith walk that I know coming to this conference will help me to spread what I learn with many other women. I have a story to tell and I know God wants me to get it out. I am a miracle to even be alive and to have a successful marriage and family at that! I know it’s all in God’s timing for when He wants me to speak and the doors of opportunity are opening up even as I type. Thank you for considering me for this scholarship. If I don’t get it, I know God will bless the one who does receive it. And may she walk out her purpose and calling to be the woman of God she is called to be!

Serving HIM,
Robin Shockley
Greenville SC
Sfam34@charter.net
robins@reaganrealtygroup.com

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina thank you for your concern about Beau. I posted a few days ago but will repost here in case anyone else missed it:

Thank you all so much for your prayers for 4 yr old Beau. He came through the surgery successfully yesterday. The Doc's were able to remove most of the brain tumor, but decided to leave a small strip that was too deep to remove without also taking brain tissue. They (all 3 doctors) agreed that the tumor was not cancerous and that removing that little bit could cause more harm than good. Beau woke up and recognized everyone and told his family he was hungry. As always God continues to work out good things in the storm. The family has been very touched by the prays of thousands they will never meet. God is Good!

In His love,
Jill

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Wendy, while you were talking about staying in our strongholds I thought about how we should get into our secret place. That place where we can be alone with God without being interrupted. For some that place might be the bathroom. For some it might be a closet. I know some people have big walk in closets. My sisters do and you can go in and have plenty of room to sit on the floor. For me, my secret place is anywhere in my apartment because I live alone but I have found my closeness with God, getting in my stronghold, happens best early in the morning. I've only gotten up early twice in the past week to do this but that's when I've noticed the most peace.

G and P thanks for your words. I'm doing better but dealing with a little physical pain. I've been feeling quite lonely and PMS sometimes kicks me hard. I hope it's ok to say that on this comment.
You know I said we all have our ways of encouraging people. My way is to share an encouraging poem, story, or even a song. When Amy gave the title of the song for G and P it brought a song to my mind. If you have a few minutes listen.

http://vodpod.com/watch/2789429-yolanda-adams-still-i-rise

I need to go finish reading the comments and get things done. I'll be going tomorrow to visit my dad for a week. I'll have my laptop and wireless internet so I can keep up.

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

It's me again!! This time with a little help. G and P you mentioned twice you didn't know the rest of the words to a song. Here's some help for you and anyone else. You can go to google and type in a few words of the song and then do a search. Sometimes I also type the word "lyrics" for my search. it gives websites with the lyrics. It works even if you don't know the title of the song or artist. This is also what I do to find the song on youtube.

Blogger Michelle said...

The Lysa devotion running on Proverbs 31 today is excellent, and she directs readers to her blog for follow-up. It's all about not asking God "Why?" about things, but instead, asking "What now, Lord?" I've decided that will be my To Do today (and for every day). Don't waste time on the why -- not why things happen, not why someone did something, or didn't do something, or said something -- blah, blah, I'm sure you get the picture. I waste a lot of energy and emotion trying to figure things out. Instead, I'm just going to ask "Okay, what now, Lord? What is it that you want me to learn from this, or do now? What's the plan?" It kind of reminds me of a British, WWII phase that's become popular again "Keep Calm and Carry On," but I'll do so with the Lord.

Have a good afternoon, friends :)

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Brandee said...

Hey Everyone, I ran out of time today to post but I did want to say the lesson was just great today Wendy!

G&P I got my commentary today too! I can't wait to dive into it right with you sister :)

I will catch up with you all tomorrow. I did notice the good report Jill, that is awesome! We are praying.

Have a blessed night GIGs.

Brandee, TN

Anonymous Lori said...

Aahh, Jennifer Renee, don’t think for a second that your words to not encourage all of us!
God has made us to be in community, connected to others’ - our DNA just calls for it. Don’t think for a second either that He is not going to bring an encouraging friend your way. I just know He has someone in mind, and until that day happens, you’re just going to have to be thankful for us sisters across the miles…smile! Because we’ve got lots of loving words to share. After all, I sure don’t know anyone that can clean windows, and listen to sweet Wendy, with their eyes closed! You’ve got us beat, girlfriend! And, I do believe Grace & Peace is wise---God wants you all to Himself at the moment. He’s jealous for your time. He will supply all of your needs.
PS Glad you’re taking your lap top along as we’d miss “you” if you disappeared for a week on us!

Oh, Karen my heart goes out for you and your hubby. He’s been in my prayers and I just want him to find work so bad. A man is happiest when he’s providing. Keep building him up and loving on him and soaking up God’s love. A down pour of blessings is awaiting. Glory! God hears your every cry. Just keep talking to Him. That’s exactly where He wants you – clinging to Him.

Sweet Michelle, I just love the Spirit in you calling you to pray! That was a God Moment this morning! You have a very special way to make people feel good, with just the right words. That is a gift for sure from your Father. You do it, and you don’t even realize it! The Spirit in you has spoken to me many times with words that lifted me up. Ya know what??? I’ve never felt like I could pray. In fact, I’ve never told anyone this before, but, I’m always afraid to pray aloud! No one ever taught me how to do it, and growing up when we prayed at home, my mom would just “converse” w/God. But, I have always felt very insecure in this area…God has been working me through this, and giving me words to say, because really I do not even know what I’m going to say, He just types for me. I see more and more, that when He’s calling us to do something, He will equip us to do it! He has been speaking to me so much about prayer since I began this blog in 2009. It’s through my prayer time that I have grown closer to God. So, Michelle, when you say I can pray, I just want to cringe! Then, I know it’s a kiss from God. His Holy Spirit coming across the miles from you to me! What a Father we share, twin! Smile!

Jeanne b e a u t i f u l prayer!

Jodie, praying for you; I know God is working, Pray every day for everyone of the extended family members. God hears your every whisper!

Hi RHONDA! Smile!

Okay, my dear, sweet, lovely ladies…I need to get going before this is even longer and gets rejected! In fact, I think I’m passed my limit! Hugs, Lori

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Jennifer Renee, thanks for the lyrics tip! I'm always singing and humming snippets of songs - never complete ones. ;) and it's okay to come here & say you're feeling the feelings you're feeling. We've all had the PMS (pre & post sometimes) moments.

Lori, you're so sweet. You ARE a great encourager.

Brandee, yay! Now we can cover his comments. There are plenty of good ones that I just can't post them all.

Ok, my eye doctor is here. Gotta go!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am new to Proverbs 31 Ministries and even newer to the She Speaks Conference. Since discovering P31 I have continued to come back day after day and I was ecstatic when I learned about She Speaks!

I am a young woman who is whole-heartedly seeking God's will for my time on this earth. I work as a dietitian and absolutely love encouraging and inspiring people to make wise choices that will allow them to lead more fulfulling, productive lives. Since coming into my field I have been praying that God would reveal how he wants to use my training to glorify His name. God has slowly but strongly laid on my heart that he desires for me to use my passions to speak to fellow believers and inspire them to approach their relationship with food and their bodies much differently than what our culture promotes.

Receiving this scholarship would mean so much in helping fulfill this calling because it would give me the training to take what God has taught me and package it into compassionate, God-centered messages that inspire His people!

Erica Hanson
ericahanson@uwalumni.com

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

I just had to say that I've had a good day. It was such a nice and sunny day here in D.C. I did get out to go pick up my prescription. I would have gone for a walk but I wasn't feeling well. That's ok because my dad and I will walk every day I'm sure. He already told me we need to go feed my sisters dog and take him out tomorrow, yae. I spent an hour with neighbors this evening.

Grace and Peace, thanks again. As I read your last comment I started singing and praying. The song I was singing says,

Your grace and mercy brought me through. I'm living this moment because of you. I want to thank you and praise you too. Your grace and mercy brought me through.

Like I said, I know exactly why I was down. God is so merciful and he loves us so much. I'm so encouraged I might go do tomorrow's reading. Oh, Amy, I listened to I Will Rise and it was beautiful.

Have a blessed night all.

Blogger Michelle said...

Jennifer Renee, you have a blessed night, too. ((A smile and a HUG ))

Michelle in New England

Post a Comment

Home