Open Blog Weekend April 17-18
Wow! Have I got something to share with you.

I woke up this morning determined to, in my own power and will "awaken the dawn with a song." I had my morning day with the Lord worshiped and prayed, not really "feeling" anything. A little disappointed I went on with the rest of my routine. In the middle of the routine is when it happened...

I heard the sound of the song awakening in me.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus there's just something about that name.
Master, Savior, Jesus like the fragrance after the rain.
Jesus, Jesus, Jesus let all heaven and earth proclaim.
Kings and kingdoms will all pass away but there' something about that name.

As the song resonated in my heart and words fell off my lips I saw the sun breaking through the dawn in my bathroom window, all while washing my hair. Talk about a WOW moment. We don't make the moments, He does. What an awesome in my face lesson to learn this morning.

At home this weekend working on retreat preparation for my time at NorthEnd Baptist in Beaumont, TX in two weeks. The subject: Enduring the W.A.I.T.

What are ya'll doing this weekend?


46 Comments:

Anonymous Jeanne said...

Wendy,
That is so unbelievable that you had that song in your head this morning. I was just telling my husband yesterday how I felt my worship was always better when I started with music in the morning. That was my favorite one to listen to and could never listen to it without crying. I usually have my quiet time in my little computer room in the basement and have no music set up in there, but I'm going to change that very soon! Thank you for sending that because it rained all night here and now it has stopped. God is so awesome! Have a Great Weekend!
Jeanne McDonald

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord this morning, Ladies! The last two mornings the song, Your Name, has been on my lips as soon as I woke up. Friday morning that song in my heart actually woke me up! Thanks for sharing and introducing me to the song! It is now on my ipod!

The reading today was again wonderful and I would like to share my nugget from today's reading: I thought it was "ironic" that David resisted the temptation and listened to his conscience in regards to killing Saul when he had the opportunity. Yet the very next scene we see David being ill tempered and ready to take on Nabal repaying him evil with evil. The exact reason David did not kill Saul. He recited the old proverb, From evil people come evil deeds. If it wasn't for Abigail, David would have done exactly what he resisted doing with Saul. The nugget for me, Be self controlled and alert. Just because we "pass" the test the first time or 1 time doesn't mean it will be as easy to "pass" the next time. Listen to our conscience, our friends and whatever means the Lord uses to get our attention! Obey carefully!
WOW!

Have a wonderful weekend!

In Him,
Bethany

Blogger Michelle said...

Jeanne, you can have music right on your computer with Pandora internet radio, and you can design yourself a worship station with your favorite music. It's free up to a certain number of hours per month. They let you know if you are going to exceed that, which I quickly did, then I purchased a year's subscription for a mere $36. I listen all the time while doing other things on the computer. Along with this Bible study, Pandora music is one of the best things I've ever added to my life :)

I'll be visiting my sister Denise AT HER HOME today, PTL. She was released from the hospital yesterday, to await the results of this week's tests. Ahhhh, Spring Break!

I started my day today by lying in bed watching a half hour of Creation Scapes on DayStar TV. Lots of lovely Psalms featured today.

A blessed day to you all!

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
P.S. I'll do today's reading later and try to comment.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm new to the group. Started following Wendy's daily post after she came to Middleborough, MA to minister to our ladies about "The Builder". I've enjoyed following along and have decided to come off the sidelines and be more active here.

I love reading the Bible in order of events. The Psalms seem to fly off the page now that I know the event with which they were associated. How cool.

Bethany, how true. We always need to be ready every moment to let God's power control our thoughts and actions instead of our flesh. If it was difficult for David God's appointed king...

Look forward to meeting you all by your words.

God bless and have a Him day.
Love
Jill

Blogger Gaylene said...

Wendy, what an incredible and such a true and profound statement "We don't make the moments, He does." Goes hand in hand with what was my nugget today, Psalm 54:4b (from the NIV)"the Lord is the one who sustains me."

Psalm 54 is my to do: ask of God, trust God, and give thanksgiving to God.

My weekend: working, worshiping, and writing a 30 page paper.

Have a blessed weekend all!
His,
Gaylene

Blogger Brandee said...

Happy Weekend!

Wendy, what a God moment! Too awesome! Bethany, I am listening to that song alot now too. I went to download it on my itunes and realized I already had it on a CD. Saved me a $1 :) Michelle, I am going to check that music out as well. I can get our local Christian station via Internet that I love to listen to when I am upstairs in our bonus room scrapboooking. It seems to come in better via the computer than it does on the actual radio. I like the idea of getting to design it myself.

G&P- yes, he is on Prednisone. I thought yesterday afternoon I was going to loose it, lol. I have not given it to him yet this morning, I am going to wait until it is a little later and he can go out side and run or something :)

Today's reading- I always love the story of Abigail and how she stepped in with wisdom. If it were not for her wisdom there would have been a lot of blood shed from tempers that were not submitted to the Lord. Matthew Henry pointed on in talking about her Proverbs 31:27, "she watches over the affairs of her household." She knew how Nabel was and it was obvious to me that she followed the LORD with all she said in reference to Him when talking with David. I think that is a good lesson for all of us to stay close to the Lord. We all know our own husbands weaknesses, faults and tempers and we need to be interceeding on their behalf as well to God. I pray for my husband to have wisdom very often. I pray that even if he does not realize it, that God be leading his thoughts and actions. He is the leader of this home even thought he is not saved and I know that as long as I submit to God and pray for his leadership of our family, God will hear and guide him.

I never did get around to my comments on Psalm 34 on Thursday with Will being home and taking care of his sinus issues. I was able to post all that on my prayer blog this morning if you want to hop over there. It is really too long to post on here. It is about being a peace maker and how we are to pursue peace. I think that it is such an important subject. Beth Moore called it being a peacemaker or a peacekeeper, there is a big difference.

You all have a FABULOUS weekend! Off to grocery shop today and we have children's church monthly rotation tomorrow.

Blessings,
Brandee

Blogger Brandee said...

Welcome Jill, I was typing while you were :) Morning Gaylene!

Blogger mary said...

Good morning friends & happy weekend,
Bethany, your nugget really touched me thanks!
my nugget is 1Samuel 24:17, Saul tells David "You are a better man than I am, for you have repaid me good for evil" In all we do, we need to do the right thing. We need to do all as if it was to HIM! It does help, when I have a hard time doing the right thing, I just think 'it is Jesus, I am doing this for.' It definitely become easier.
I have nothing planned today so lazy day it will be. Sunday I have a bridal shower. Fun with friends!
Blessings & Peace, Mary

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After reading Wendy's comments at 7 am, I went outside and took a deep breath.We had rain yesterday, so the pollen was cleared from the air. I, too, had to sing the song. Truly Jesus is like the fragrance after the rain. His mercies are new every morning.

Gal. 5:22-23 describes Jesus:love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. We will
be like that when we have the Holy Spirit governing our lives.

Abigail demonstrated these characteristics-love for hungry men; kindness and goodness to share her food; gentleness and self-control as she presented it to David, who was angry; faithfulness to a rotten husband.

Also, Abigail had wisdom and humility. She calls herself "your maidservant" 6 times and she calls David "my lord" 8 times. (Charles Swindoll's book "David")

Abigail must have had all that food already cooked ahead of time.
Was it intended for their feast? If she had waited to cook it before going to David, it would have been too late because he was going to kill Nabal and all his family. Was the food her peace offering?

She had the world's first catering service. Imagine her kitchen.(from Swindoll's book-"David")
She knew the urgency of the situation and sent 5 maidens ahead of her.

Abigail's influence on David that day kept him from committing murder,and he knew it. (verse 32)

God rewarded Abigail by giving her a wonderful husband-David.

What an example Abigail's life is for us gals. Her works continue to praise her all these years later.

Have a wonderful weekend. I'm off to decorate for a ladies luncheon I'm helping to host tomorrow.

Linda from Ark.

Anonymous Lori said...

Happy Saturday All ~

Today I'm once again drawn to Jonathan. I was so touched when he "went to find David and encouraged him to stay strong in his faith in God" (I Sam. 23:16). I love the men in the Bible that model strong faith and are not afraid to speak it.

That is my desire, to always encourage and turn my friends back to the Truth.

This weekend is a hodge-podge weekend full of lots of little odds/ends; however, my laundry baskets are empty! (until tonight! ha!)

I'm anticipating God today! Every place I go and during everything I do, I know He is there! I'm so thankful He is right next to me. Ya know, something that has been interesting to me...since we've been talking about songs. What's been happening to me often, is coming back from my walk when i get on my street, many times I turn off my ipod and just walk quietly. Well, a very old hymn will come to mind. It's out of the blue, but it has been so soothing to remember hymns from way back, that I have not sung in years! Sometimes I'll come back and google the words that come to me so that I can read all of them. Songs back in the day, always had so many verses. Words from His Word, living in me. That brings joy to my heart as I think about that as I'm typing. God, wow - He is amazing. He is awesome. He is everything to me!

I have some extra time this morning and am looking forward to a longer prayer-walk. Thank you, Lord for this Saturday!

Love u, Lori

PS Michelle, PTL, Denise is at home; praying for her results to be in God's hands. Thank you for telling us about Pandora.

Kristen, glad to have you back, too! How r your teenagers doing? So, glad that God has drawn you back, as He will take care of all of your "if's". "tell him all [your] troubles, [and] when [you are] overwhelmed, [He] alone know[s] the way I should turn (Psa. 142:2,3).

Welcome Jill! I, too enjoy the Psalms mixed in!

Anonymous Karla said...

Good morning! Abigail's comment in 1 Samuel 25:28 hit me this morning-"The Lord will surely reward you with a lasting dynasty, for you are fighting the Lord's battles". How awesome to know that our reward is predicted here in the Old Testament as long as we fight the Lord's battles and not our own. David stopped from fighting his own battle because Abigail reminded him that the fight is the Lord's. What or who tries to remind me the fight is the Lord's? How often to heed that reminder or ignore it?
My oldest son has his first Little League baseball game today at noon and we have church tomorrow. Plus I am meeting with all of my VBS staff tomorrow for a planning session-pray for a Godly experience again this year.
Have a beautiful day-it is sunny and pretty here in WV!
Karla

Blogger Wendy Pope said...

You all are the GREATEST!!! My heart is warmed by our fellowship!
Welcome Jill. Thanks for stepping off the sidelines. You won't regret it!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Debbie of N.C.:
What great encouragement using the 5 stones/fingers to face giants.(yesterday) What are the other 3? Are they in Lucado's book? Will you send them to me/us?

Thanks for your time to share with us these nuggets.

Linda from Ark.

Anonymous Lori said...

Hey Ya'll, it's me again-I know that does not surprise you! You know how I've been on this mission to love from a 'desiring heart...' well, today's daily bread, devo was very good. I'm going to copy parts of it below:

April 17, 2010
Helping Love Grow

READ: 1 Corinthians 13
[Love] does not seek its own. —1 Corinthians 13
Vernon Grounds, a former writer for Our Daily Bread, who has been married for more than 70 years, shares these points about how to grow in love:
Ponder God’s love in Christ. Take time to reflect on how He gave His life for you. Read about Him in the Gospels, and thank Him.

Pray for the love of God. Ask Him to give you an understanding of His love and to teach you how to live that out in your relationships with your spouse and others (1 Cor. 13).

Practice the love of God. Give of yourself. A newlywed told me he thinks love is practical. He said, “My responsibility is to make life easier for my spouse.” The other, tougher side of love is to challenge each other to act in godly ways.

Love will grow when we ponder love, pray for love, and practice love.

This is my prayer, kind Father,
So direct me from above
That I may live a life for You
And reflect my Savior’s love.

As Christ’s love grows in us, His love flows from us.

Loving today, Lori

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

I wasn't going to comment today but I decided to share a small testimony.
For two nights this week I finally had some wonderful sleep. Thursday and Friday morning I woke up earlier than normal and decided to go ahead and pray and start my day. Yesterday I woke up at 5:30 A.M. and started praying and worshiping God with songs. It was so peaceful. This morning I didn't get up as early but I'm praying to have more days like that. Tomorrow I will be going to the 8 A.M. service. Tomorrow will be a long day with three services and Sunday school.

I know it's not morning any more, well on the west coast it is, but I wanted to share this prayer I found.

A Morning Prayer

You are ushering in another day untouched and freshly new, so here I come to ask You God if You'll renew me too?
Forgive the many errors, that I made yesterday, and let me try again dear God, to walk closer in Thy Way. But Father, I am well aware I can't make it on my own. So take my hand and hold it tight for I can't walk alone.
Thank you Lord!

What am I doing today? Recovering from what happened yesterday and making banana bread with chocolate chips. :o)

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Good afternoon GIGs! What a beautiful day.

Welcome, Jill!

Brandee, does your doctor give him the med in graduated doses? My DS' usually start w 5 ml 2x a day for 3 days, then 5 ml once a day for the next 3 then 2.5 for the last 4.

Oops they're calling my number now. My fresh tilapia is clean and ready. Got to pick it up so I can go home and make lunch. Will be back later w a praise report too. It's about praise music, my son and DH's bible.

Blogger Amy said...

Jonathon's encouragement to David and Abigail's intercession for her husband were what stood out for me. While Abigail didn't try to cover up her husband's mistake, she did accept the blame even though it wasn't her fault and try to make peace with David, which surely could've caused trouble for her with one, possibly both men. She must've been managing her household well to have that amount of food available, whether it was for the feast or not, and to have so many servants around, her husband must have recognized her ability to manage and maintain the household. Her faith was evident and she was able to keep David not only from making a bloody mistake, but from killing herself and her entire household.

Isn't that an awesome example for us married women? To manage our households and resources well; to be kind to strangers, even potentially troublesome ones; to protect our husbands; to pursue peace with those around us; to offer hospitality to all; to accept fault in the eyes of others to keep our household blameless; and to let our faith in our God shine through everyything that we do. I hope that I am able to do even a fraction of those things!

Hopping over to the 'praise' button .. I have a happy story to share! :-)

Blogger Michelle said...

How wonderful that two lovely ladies from Middleboro, Mass joined us this week - first Maureen, who I had the pleasure to meet, and now Jill - welcome to you both. I have been "mining nuggets" all week long from Wendy's preaching.

My nugget from today's reading was 1 Samuel 24:12 "May the Lord judge between us." (David addressing Saul after David did not match evil for evil by killing Saul when he could easily have done so.)

My to do: Leave the judgments up to God! Do not match evil for evil (or even petty for petty, or gossipy for gossipy) but instead practice self-control and leave it up to God. We may not see those who have done us harm be punished like Nabal was, but perhaps God bestows us with blessings in exchange for our self-control in not matching evil for evil.

Lori, thank you for your prayers for my school situation :) I am very encouraged by what went on this week, with consequences for bad behavior. And, twin, I too have been having hymns I knew from long ago pop into my head this week, especially while walking the dogs. PTL!

Brandee, I just picked up "Love and Respect" from the library and can't wait to get into it :)

Have a Super Saturday evening, friends.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy weekend! I feel like I am always catching up, but never on target. Wish I could visit with each of you, but you are in my heart and prayers every day!

Jen Ren— I love birds too! Living in Nebraska, we are finally seeing the migratory birds coming through, and our little missing residents coming back after a hard winter. As you listen to your bird songs, visualize the tiny nervous warblers flitting from branch to branch, afraid to light for more than a second or two, or papa robin with his chirps of warning, staking out his territory and standing guard near his family, or the bright red cardinal high in the treetop his head tilted up to heaven, spreading his “cheer, cheer, cheer!” God’s nature is so amazing, and spring just blesses us with hope and new life.

Brandee what wonderfully inspiring words you shared about comparing ourselves to others, and not being jealous of others’ gifts. I am saving it to shake me up when I need it. Growing up, our big family felt deprived in many ways, but God blessed us with so much more than we ever could have asked for! We didn’t see it or appreciate it until our spirits stopped looking sideways and started looking into the mirror to smile at what was there all the time! Your story about God’s work in your life for the last year was amazing! He is the Almighty Healer. And now Will is benefiting from His graces too.

G&P, I understood your comments about how difficulties with our enemies (and they really only are “enemies” if we allow it) can affect our relationships with others. When I’ve had it with a difficult person at work, I have come home irritated or despondent, or wanting a pity party, and my poor husband has had to share the burden. Not fair to him. It is selfish of me to project my feelings, and even worse to allow myself to blame someone else for my own attitude. And as far as that relationship, I love your quote, “God can do things men can't. “

Karen- thank you so much for researching more verses about our precious rocks! I love seeing the connections! Have to admit that whenever I see the Urim and Thummim, my mind says Uma Thurman! Yikes! I was in the backyard this week and turned my rocks over to re-read all those happy memories. I am still on the lookout for my special stone I plan to dedicate to memorialize this bible journey. It has to be BIG! Debbie NC, if you have time, I would love for you to share about the other three stones on my hand. You have me hooked!

Thank you Lord for Denise getting to go home, the best place of healing and love. Prayers continue. (Michelle, can’t help but wonder about your basement progress after all your water problems this spring.)

Susan, what a gift, to commemorate happiness in photography! May your business continue to expand and may you see your art as a gift of love in the service of others!

57:8 Wake up, my heart!
Wake up, O lyre and harp!
I will wake the dawn with my song.
Music! It is such a precious gift! Whether it comes from the birds or our lips or our iPods, it speaks to our souls. Music can affect our environment in so many ways. When I am really sad or really mad or really happy, I will sit at the piano and furiously belt out my favorite Bach preludes and fugues, and it tempers my spirit so much I begin to cry! It is so healing. What better way to start our days than with songs of praise to God, using His gift to us.

I was thinking about David and his music and songs and psalms, wondering… what in the world is this strong powerful man doing… running, hiding, writing poems and prayers, and playing music?! And it suddenly struck me between the eyes that this is exactly what I do when I am feeling pain or fear or joy or sadness! I have poems and songs that I have written of important experiences in my life. They remind me about sad times, joyful times and even blessed everyday times. I am feeling such a kinship with this guy! But I’ve never thought of writing a poem to God. Hmmmm.

To be Continued
Jacque

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry this is so long-- I haven’t had a chance to post till now. I miss the sharing! This crazy week I chaired a reception for our art club, worked, babysat, volunteered at our shelter, painted signs for our high school fundraiser, worked in the yard, and prepared for our music liturgy tomorrow. I play the violin with a small group of musicians at mass about once every 3-4 weeks, and I have to prepare mentally as well as musically. My fingertip calluses are soft, so that means I‘ve been slacking… I do start to get anxious about playing, not because I think I am good, but that I am not good enough. I have to let the Holy Spirit take over, and be at peace with the outcome. I also get so caught up in music at church sometimes that I have to control my tears (this is not good in front of a congregation!) The upside is, I have these wonderful songs in my head for about a week before and after I play- ha!

In case anyone might find this helpful: for a great music source on the web, I use iTunes, and click on the “radio” icon at the top, under Library. There are almost two hundred stations listed under “religious.” One station I like to play in the background of my computer is “Abiding Radio Instrumental.” They also offer K-LOVE, which some of you have mentioned and enjoy. These stations just play on and on until you stop them, and you can still use your computer as you listen.

Ps 56:8 “You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book.”
Sam 25:29 “…your life is safe in the care of the Lord your God, secure in his treasure pouch!” Within these readings I see God holding the little bottle, the book, the pouch –and me-- in the palm of His hand. So comforting.

Welcome, Jill—how great to have spent time studying with Wendy in person. So glad you introduced yourself—looking forward to your insights!

Jeanne, it’s really good to hear the joy in your spirit! I have been missing you, but you have proven to be busy! God guides us to what we need, and you are with Him.

Debbie in IL, that’s a great way to wake up thinking— “What are we going to do today, Lord? “ Gotta love the enthusiasm those little ones!

Mary—what a great thought when we are urged to act or react- “We need to do all as if it was to HIM! …… I just think 'it is Jesus, I am doing this for.’ It definitely become easier. ”

Morgan, praying that you are completely “unfunked” by now and walkin’ strong. There’s nothing better to get out of a funk than to see our troubles in the light of those with real pain.

Gaylene, praying that you fly through your 30-page paper with time to spare!

I still want to mention my issues about time on the computer-- same concerns mentioned by Jodie Jeanne Lori Rhonda Kristin and others. But I will come back for that.

For now, with an attitude of gratitude! (and a smile for Dixie),
Blessings,
Jacque

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Michelle, praise God that Denise is home! Awesome.

Jacque, God must have given you a great gift of music. Don't you play the harp, too? Wow, what a gift. (I studied piano when I was young but gave it up. Now I regret it. That's why when DS2 whines about practice I just tell him to keep going and he'll appreciate all this when he's older.) Oh & those words were fr Jon Courson's commentary - I only wish they were mine.

My praise is related to what Wendy mentioned about waking up w music. Well, today being the weekend, we love to sleep in. DS2 came in and joined us. When I finally got up to make breakfast I turned on the CD player that has the marriage retreat CD fr our church. It started w worship songs. I then left DH & DS2 to make breakfast. A little later DS2 came running down and went back upstairs. I didn't think anything of it. Then he came down later when he smelled breakfast. I told him to call his dad.
DS2: He's listening to the preaching. (I just about dropped the fried rice.)
Me: He is?
DS2: Yeah, he has the bible too
Me: Did he ask for it?
DS2: No, I just gave it to him so he can look up the verses. (I look over to where the bible used to be and sure enough it wasn't there. DS2 picked it up when he came down the 1st time.)
Me: So he's reading?
DS2: Yeah. What's to eat?

When DH came down he said, that preacher was amazing. I told him he's our regular Sunday night pastor. And I left it at that. If he wants to hear more, he is more than welcome to come with us but I'm not going to force the issue. :)

So that's my report. You see how it all started with this blog? Thank you!

Love reading about Abigail. She could have let her foolish husband suffer in the hands of David which would free her. But she did what was right in protecting her husband whether he deserved it or not. I am going to look for a bible study about her. I have a LOT to learn from Abigail.

Bethenny, spot on analysis. David had huge spiritual victory when he spared Saul but he almost tripped up over foolish little Nabal. It's like our walk, we can conquer and have victory over big things and then stumble over the little traps set by the enemy.

Jennifer Renee, may God bless you with more restful sleep like you've had in the last couple of days.

Well, I have homework to do today for my Koinonia Institute class. Haven't posted my 2 required discussion questions for the class & it's due today. DS2 also wants me to read the book he just finished about Max & Liz (a Scottish terrier & a French cat) who go to Noah's Ark. It's called "The Ark, The Reed & the Fire Cloud" by Jenny L. Cote. He said it's really good and I really should read it soon. Maybe I'll read a chapter or two so we can talk about it.

Have a blessed weekend, everyone!

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Ladies

my takings for this weekend
4 “Now’s your opportunity!” David’s men whispered to him. “Today the Lord is telling you, ‘I will certainly put your enemy into your power, to do with as you wish.’” So David crept forward and cut off a piece of the hem of Saul’s robe.

my taking here is David may have chosen to listen to his men who were giving him "supposedly a prophetic message" or seek Gods discerning spirit.
its upon us as xtians to listen wisely. not every message that appears to come from the Lord is really from Him. Satan can easily pose as Gods message. Like the Abigail in this reading may the Lord give us the spirit of wisdom to discern what is right and Godly from what is worldly and a lie from hell.

but David replied

he said to his men. “The Lord forbid that I should do this to my lord the king and attack the Lord’s anointed one, for the Lord himself has chosen him.

How often me loice find myself criticizing men of God. Lord please help me to leave judgment to you alone and respect those whom you have called.
its not mine to gossip or criticize those who preach your word.i want to learn from David not to touch Gods anointed ones. He alone calls, and He alone has a right to judge.

Have a lovely sunday, we are already Sunday morning here in Melbourne.
i always find that i cant post in the morning when i wake up since Wendy has not started the vrog yet in my morning here and my evening, everyone is asleep. so i enjoy reading everyone's anointed words, i am always a day ahead and a bit hard to synchronise with everyone else.

love all all, i love seeing what God is doing in other nations. He is an awesome God.

The Pandora radio-we cant get it in Australia, only meant for American market currently.
will try i tunes to see if i can get into the musical wave.

Melbourne is good, heading to our cold months which are way better that the hot weather we always have in winter.

good sunday

loice

Blogger Unknown said...

Loice again
i had posted a few days ago asking for prayers for my daughter wangui who has started her year 7-first year in high school and is really struggling to fit into the school. plse join me in asking the Lord to help her settle in and make some good friends so that she can enjoy school once again.

thanks

loice

Anonymous Lori said...

Oh Grace & Peace ~ Thank you for sharing your praise with us! God IS working, and it is awesome when He lets us "see" it, cuz lots of the time He does His work behind the scenes! And, I cracked up, cuz you my friend are getting transformed too, whether you realize it or not. I about fell over when you wrote, "i left it at that..." That is God coming out of you! smile!!! I love it!

Enjoying all your posts now as I've got a bit of time with the boy's gone! Taking time to STOP.

Have a blessed, blessed Sabbath tomorrow dear friends. Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! (wiping sweat from brow) lots of entries to read! Way to go ladies and welcome newbies!
I am home from my walkathon and overnite with my daughter. Unfortunately, sharing a double bed with her didn't allow either of us to sleep well so I am about ready to hit the hay.
The walkathon for ALS was inspiring, and yes...seeing others who really have something to whine about got me completely out of my funk! Too true.
I also loved Abigail's example to us..what grace she showed. How much easier it would have been to let her mean husband get whacked. What a woman.
Jonathan renewing his vow of devotion to David was touching. Are their vows I should renew, at least in my own heart? Some soul searching to do there.
Well, good night all....I have church/Sunday School in the morning, and then a few chores to catch up on in my home.
B-e-a-utiful weather here in MN!
Morgen

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Ladies,
Wnedy what a WOW moment.
I thank you all for encouraging me to start my time with the Lord worshipping in song. I really prepares my heart along with music. I want to make this a part of my daily routine now!
I just focus on how determined and faithful David was in worshipping the Lord during those years of persecution.
Ladies I want to thank you all for your prayers for my husband's tinnitis, it has diminished significantly and he is now down to the last 6 days of intense studying for the big promotional exam on Sat. April 24th. Pls I ask that you keep him in your prayers that God guide him to the right sections to study for the 100 question exam. Thank you Ladies on behalf of my husband for your prayers for his tinitis and most of all for me, He has seen a change in me, in my walk. I am so thankful for Wendy and your vlogs and the blogging we all do. It is so encouraging and uplifting. It makes me understand God's word even deeper. Thank you again and have a Blessed weekend!
Paola from Long Island, NY

Blogger Unknown said...

Hello Ladies,
Wnedy what a WOW moment.
I thank you all for encouraging me to start my time with the Lord worshipping in song. I really prepares my heart along with music. I want to make this a part of my daily routine now!
I just focus on how determined and faithful David was in worshipping the Lord during those years of persecution.
Ladies I want to thank you all for your prayers for my husband's tinnitis, it has diminished significantly and he is now down to the last 6 days of intense studying for the big promotional exam on Sat. April 24th. Pls I ask that you keep him in your prayers that God guide him to the right sections to study for the 100 question exam. Thank you Ladies on behalf of my husband for your prayers for his tinitis and most of all for me, He has seen a change in me, in my walk. I am so thankful for Wendy and your vlogs and the blogging we all do. It is so encouraging and uplifting. It makes me understand God's word even deeper. Thank you again and have a Blessed weekend!
Paola from Long Island, NY

Blogger Michelle said...

Happy Sunday, GIG's,

Wow, the comments you all share from your hearts here really touch me more than I can express. I thank God daily for this fellowship,and I thank Him for calling Wendy to this ministry.
This morning I caught up on the last comments from yesterday. I went from laughing at funny Morgen's description of being pooped from her ALS walk (WAY TO GO, MORGEN!!) to shedding tears over Paola's tender heart and love for her husband. Week to week I feel our ties strengthening as we help each other develop into the women that He wants us to be.
But I also want to share some thoughts related to this week's development of some of our sister's deciding not to post as much anymore and limit their computer time. (Bear with me. This is not concise) This week my son has been filling out job applications to become a high school English teacher. One of the essays on the application was about how he would address a wide range of skills and abilities in a classroom. We brainstormed a bit about it, since I have teaching experience and he, PTL, values my opinions. That got me to thinking about all the different needs and skills and abilities among those of us doing this Bible study. Some of us, like myself, process best when we write about what we are learning. Others may process best reading things several times. Or by listening to Wendy one or more times. Others may muse on His word while walking or gardening or feeding the baby. Still others process best by listening to or making music. All of these are valid ways for us to learn and "internalize" the word of God so it becomes as important a part of our existence as air, water and food! We each must use our God given skills and talents to the best of our abilities, in His name. Writing posts is not for everyone. So for all of you Sisters I haven't "met" through postings, and those who have decided, for now, not to post, may your unique way of studying His word fill you up with joy, hope understanding and peace! God bless you all!

This is so long, I'll post about the reading separately.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Me again!

Gaylene, I hope that 30-page paper is coming along well. I can't tell you how much I admire you! May the Lord strengthen you and the Holy Spirit flow through you as you work today.

Loice, your daughter has been added to my prayer list. May He bring her one special friend -- this week:)

Wendy--thank you for reminding us about the link to Gabriel's caring page. The little guy and his family have a tough week ahead. I'll be praying!

Jacque -- I'm picturing you playing your violin at Mass today. If I was in your congregation, I would be very moved if I saw your tears as you played. Your post yesterday was a blessing. I felt like we were sitting around the kitchen table, coffee cups nearby, having a "catch up" visit. Hoping you get some rest today after your busy week. (By the way, my basement is all dried out and cleaner than it's been in years!)

G&P -- What a delightful story about Agent G. Keep treading lightly!

Okay, on to today's reading. I am loving the story of David. My nugget today had been foreshadowed for me yesterday:
1 Samuel 26:23-24 "The Lord gives his own reward for doing good and for being loyal, and I refused to kill you even when the Lord placed you in my power, for you are the Lord's anointed one. Now may the Lord value my life, even as I have valued yours today. May He rescue me from all my troubles."

To Do: Praise God daily for His faithfulness in rescuing me from troubles, even when I was not actively walking with Him. Obey Him, and trust Him to rescue me from troubles to come. Praise Him daily for the many blessings He has rewarded me with.

Psalm 91: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord 'He is my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.'"

Have a "just what you need" kind of Sunday, friends.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Amy said...

Something that someone pointed out yesterday - I'm sorry, I don't remember who - really stuck with me, and I thought about it all day yesterday. Then it popped back up today....

1 Sam. 26:9c "For who can remain innocent after attacking the Lord's anointed one?"

Dictionary.com says that 'attack' means:
a. to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with
b. to begin hostilities against; start an offensive against
c. to blame or abuse violently or bitterly
d. to direct unfavorable criticism against; criticize severely; argue with strongly
e. to try to destroy, esp. with verbal abuse
There are more, but these are the ones that seem relevant to this verse to me.

So, it seems that to me, the opposite of 'attack' might be 'respect,' and the NT has a lot to say about respecting those that the Lord has put in positions of authority.

Romans 13:1 Everyone must submit to governing authorities. For all authority comes from God, and those in positions of authority have been placed there by God.

1 Thess. 5:12-13 12 Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. 13 Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other.

1 Pet. 2:13-14a 13 For the Lord’s sake, respect all human authority—whether the king as head of state, 14 or the officials he has appointed.

1 Pet. 3:15 16 But do this in a gentle and respectful way.[a] Keep your conscience clear. Then if people speak against you, they will be ashamed when they see what a good life you live because you belong to Christ.

David sure was good at respecting Saul's position, even when he disagreed with him and had the opportunity to avenge the cruelty that Saul was showing him. I hope that I can grow to be that graceful and accepting.

We had an issue in the church we belonged to last year where clergy respect was totally absent, and the resulting problems were one main reason we left that church. Maybe we all need to be aware of how we treat others - not just those in 'authority,' for aren't we all 'chosen by God,' in a way? Shouldn't we treat ALL of his people with respect and decency, at least?

Thinking hard this sunny Sunday ...
Amy

Anonymous Kristin said...

Happy weekend ladies!
It is a beautiful day here!
Thank you Lori for the warm welcome back! I will write down that psalm down...on my forehead if I need to!
Welcome Jill! It is so fun to see new people join us! This journey through the bible and all of these women are such a blessing.

Well, I worked yesterday and haven't done the reading yet for this weekend, but I'm working on it now. I have the curtains open and the sun is shining in. This weekend my husband and I are tackling spring cleaning in the garage. I have a feeling this will be a good marriage exercise.

I am loving David so far and his sweet friend Jonathan. The psalms are so unbelievably calming to the soul. One of my faves that I recite at work is Psalm 23. I know they read that one at funerals a lot, but it has a different meaning for me. I think it is very calming. "The Lord is my shepherd, I have everything I need, he lets me rest in green pastures and leads me beside peaceful streams."
When I feel like I am walking "through the valley of the shadow of death" I picture the Lord guiding me beside peaceful streams and I feel God's calm come over me. What a beautiful picture!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone and sing sing sing! I have never felt so much joy inside as when I sing one of the Lord's songs.
"You are the Lord, the famous one, the famous one, Great is your name in all the earth. The heavens proclaim, your glorious, glorious...!"
Wow! That just came into my head...what a good one! It is amazing much I have grown and learned since I started reading the bible. It brings me to tears to know that I can have a relationship with my Lord and Savior, a real relationship.
Sorry, I get a little carried away, but I am feeling the love of the Lord because I am now allowing him to change my heart and let him in. Little by little I'm starting to get it. I don't know what God's plan for my husband and I as far as kids, but if we do have children I am very excited to teach them about God which I didn't have growing up.
Thank you ladies for your comments and your support! Wendy, thank you!

Kristin-Wisconsin

Anonymous Lori said...

My, my Kristin - sorry about getting you confused with Kristin in TX! I guess I've been missing you both! She has the two teenager's, bless her heart!

To Kristin in Wis & Linda in AK & sweet Brandee---"When Your words come to them, help them to eat them; make them their joy and their heart's delight, for they bear Your name, O Lord God Almighty" (Jer. 15:15). Lord, may these lovely ladies have an increased appetite for Your Word, when they seek to give up the foods that harm their bodies. May You suffice them today.

Speaking of Kristin's...ya'll from last year...remember "KristEn?" Well, I finally got to begin her book last night...oh, my goodness it is so good! She blessed us last year with her posts, now I'm enjoying her very own written novel, hand-crafted from her best friend, Jesus, who equipped her to do this! ["Coffee with the Savior" Kristen Myers.]

Now, off to stop in and check on my dear grandma (Mema,94) head over to church, and then stop back on my way home again. I have been quite burdened about her lately. She doesn't seem like her normal peppy, feisty self. But, God is working, as you know she still is not saved. On my walk this morning during my song time, He spoke something to me that I can do for her, and it was God, only He could plant a perfect idea in my thoughts like this! Thank you Father, you always know my desires, even before I know them myself. Keep her in your prayers as I want her save so very badly. She is one of my closest friends.

She did get me to smiling the other day, as you know I keep her supplied with numerous books to read...lately I've felt lead to bring her Christian novels...well, her comment was, "Lori, i don't know where these books are coming from, but i've had enough of the Jesus novels!" She never was known to mince words! smile! She puts up with anything I do, because deep down I know she desires what I have----pure joy in my heart!!!

Love you sweet ladies!

Hugs, Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy rainy Sunday in Florida.....

My old - all is new

My new - I never knew Saul was so far from God.

My nuggets - Saul alternated between praising the Lord and calling David his son, to plotting revenge. So he sometimes "talked the talk" but didn't "walk the walk".

My to do - As I learn more and more from all of you how to" talk the talk "I surely need help "walking the walk every day."

Jacque - I too collect rocks, mostly small ones from my travels. Just think, a million years of history for free. I found my special one in Breckenridge, Colorado. When porters carried my luggage, with their arms down to the floor, they usually say -" Lady, what have you got in here? " And I reply, " rocks", and they think this lady has rocks in her head! Not so easy to do anymore with the overweight charges on airlines. I was in NY State on 9/11 and had picked up rocks near Lake George in a very peaceful setting. They remind me of peace and permanence in a world gone crazy!

I finished The Last Jihad and am awaiting more books ordered in the series. Am working on the Book of Abraham and now can relate to a lot more of the Jewish history. I have time to do this in my retirement but really can relate to all of you with children and responsibilities. It seemed that when my children stopped teething, they then got their wisdom teeth pulled out! More ouches!

Two things that I am grateful for (among, many, many others) is that when you get older people think of you as a character and not just plain crazy. And wrinkles don't hurt - honest!

Limping along in SW Florida but hoping to "walk the walk" from now on! Blessings and hugs to all, Dixie

Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. loice - I went thru a really bad time in 7th grade that I remember painfully to this day. When I lost my 3 closest friends(?) I finally discovered there were other girls who were not in the "in" crowd and sought out their friendship. I had a lot of fun with my new friends, learned knew things (like bowling) and learned it is OK to be different and there are a lot of other lonely kids. The Lord must have at least a quart bottle of my tears! I pray for your daughter for strength and peace and remembering that "this too shall pass". Dixie

Blogger Rhonda said...

Hi all...Sunday Blessings!!

Missing yhea all...My guys are doing some guy things...so gives me a little time to spend with all of you precious gems.

Just dropping in a quick note on something I came across in my looking up and studying. (Got this from a catholic encyclopedia on line). Thought you might all enjoy it....

Incidents in the life of David are regarded by the Fathers as foreshadowing the life of Christ; Bethlehem is the birthplace of both; the shepherd life of David points out Christ, the Good Shepherd; the five stones chosen to slay Goliath are typical of the five wounds Jesus endured. (2 hands,2 feet and one side) The betrayal by his trusted counsellor, Achitophel, and the passage over the Cedron remind us of Christ's Sacred Passion. Many of the Davidic Psalms, as we learn from the New Testament, are clearly typical of the future Messias.


The Greek form Messias is a transliteration of the Hebrew, Messiah, "the anointed". The word appears only twice of the promised prince (Daniel 9:26; Psalm 2:2); yet, when a name was wanted for the promised one, who was to be at once King and Saviour, it was natural to employ this synonym for the royal title, denoting at the same time the King's royal dignity and His relation to God. The full title "Anointed of Jahveh" occurs in several passages of the Psalms of Solomon and the Apocalypse of Baruch, but the abbreviated form, "Anointed" or "the Anointed", was in common use.

Okay have to go enjoy the sun we are getting...Son #2 is moving into the next sport....baseball...Him and Dad are practicing his pitching need me to catch his fly balls during his batting practice. Don't know how many I will catch...Do my best. Son #1 is taking a nap...Had his junior prom last night...home at 12:15 but he also had to be up for work at 4:30-8:30.

Happy Sunday...This gal would really appriciate...if you would Just drop me a HI...every once in a while. I know someday I will have more time on my hands. You all have been a blessing to me....and you are all so very...very much appriciated.

Some pondering for me yesterdays reading :

*What was nabal, who had so much, missing?

....gratitude. He had no desire to admit that others had helped him in anyway. He acknowledged no debt to others, and stubbornly refused to asist others when he was in a position to do so.

Abagail was the opposite of him. In humility she freely acknowledged their debt for all that David had done for them. She begged David to refrain from violence so that he would not condemn himself for his actions later.

Thanks to all of you.
Rhonda

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey and Joyous Sunday to all,
I was going to post last night, but when I stopped with my reading the comments and copying many things from ya'll in my journal, it was 11:45 p.m.
I read the post from Debbie, NC about the goliaths in our life from Max Lucado's book, and that post just reassured me to write about Abigail....
I spoke on Abigail on Baptist Women's Day at our church; I had just read M. Lucado's Cast of Characters, and I wanted to speak on an ordinary woman who was used by God. Sooooo,this is the information I used from his book: "Think of Nabal as the Saddam Hussein of the territory. He didn't want to share with anyone, esp. David who played a Robin Hood role in the wilderness. ....enters Abigail, brains and beauty. Abigail's no fool. She knows the importance of the moment." {the moment thought makes me think of what Wendy said.."We don't make the moments, He does."} Obviously, God made that moment just for Abigail.

Lucado continues,"Abigail teaches so much: the contagious power of
kindness, the strength of a gentle heart. Her greatest lesson, however, is to take our eyes from her beauty and set them on someone else's. She lifts our thoughts from a rural trail to a Jersualem cross. Abigail never knew Jesus. She lived a thousand years before His Sacrifice. Nevertheless, her story prefigures His life.
Abigail placed herself between David and Nabal, Jesus placed Himself between God and us. Abigail volunteered to be punished for Nabal's sins. Jesus allowed heaven to punish Him for yours and mine. Abigail turned away the anger of David. Didn't Christ shield you from God's?
He was our "Mediator who can reconcile God and humanity--the man Christ Jesus. He gave His life to purchase freedom for everyone. ( 1 Tim. 2:5-6 ) Who is a mediator but one who stands in between? And what did Christ do but stand in between God's anger and our punishment? Christ intercepted the wrath of Heaven."

"Do you find your Nabal world hard to stomach? Then do as David did: stop staring at Nabal; shift your gaze to Christ. Look more at the Mediator and less at the troublemakesr. "Don't let evil get the best of you; you get the best of evil by doing good." (Roms.12:21) One Abigail can save a family. Be the beauty amidst your beasts and see what happens." {sporadically taken from pgs. 68-73}
I feel sure that each of you, at some point in your life, has been an Abigail. I had never thought of myself as a mediator in my family, but God taught me a valuable lesson of this common woman in the Hands of an Uncommom God. (paraphrasing part of the title of the book).
Thank you for letting me share this story with you. Max Lucado is one terrific author; he can make the most difficult scripture turn into the most fantastic description that even I can understand!!!! ( I could identify with Saddam H. and Robin Hood ;) )
I have not read yet for today or read posts...church, writing, nap!!... I know when I do have my time with Him that He will bless me.
From one Abigail to another,
Jeanne, NC

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing Lucado's commentary Jeanne. I loved it.
Enjoying a beauty of a day! Gotta get outside again and enjoy it.
Later.

Praising Him for the sunshine...birds...peace....
salvation....joy...friends...

Morgen

Blogger Brandee said...

Happy Sunday all~
We are having a beautiful day here too Morgen! Just got in from making our son a homemade swing in our big tree. Too fun :)

G&P, celebrating with you on the praise! Keep praying. I pray through our list by name every Wed so know that if your DH is on there I am praying his name. About the meds for Will, he is on the graduated dosage too. He finished up his last 2 tsp dose today and for 3 more days he will be doing 1 tsp. I loved Courson's commentary for our Psalm in the reading today. I am going to use it this week on my blog about the Beth Moore reading some of us are doing.

Hope you all are having a blessed weekend!

Chat with you all this week on another fabulous week in the Word.

Brandee

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

In yesterday's and today's reading David called Saul the Lord's anointed. Today it was in 1 Samuel 26:9, 23. Each time I read this I thought of 1 Chronicles 16:22 that says, "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm".

There was a part of two verses that blessed me which were 1 Samuel 26:23-24.
23 The Lord gives his own reward for doing good and for
being loyal,

We should not look for our reward, like a pat on the back, to come from others when we do good. I'm not saying we shouldn't receive rewards from those who want to give us one. The Bible does say something like we should give honor where honor is due. But I'm looking forward to receiving my reward in Heaven.

24 May he rescue me from all my troubles.

I know that God is able to deliver me out of all my troubles but I need to turn everything over to Him which isn't always easy.

Blogger Michelle said...

Rhonda, good to hear from you, Sister. What fun helping your son learn to pitch. Brings back memories of doing that with my son. And prom time! More good memories. Those years go by very fast, so I'm glad you are able to slow down and enjoy them! Thanks for checking in :)

Jeanne, awesome post! WOW! Thanks for sharing. I'm putting Max Lucado on my summer reading list. It's been an off-and-on rainy day here in New England, and I'm sneezy and stuffed up and tired, so I baked cookies then curled up with two books "You matter more than you think" by Dr.Leslie Parrott (door prize from last weekend) and Lysa Terkeurst's "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith". Both are well written and have given me a lot of food for thought.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Brandee said...

Jeanne it was good to read your post. I love it when you post :)

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Lori, we have never met but you already know me, sister. I guess it was a fall-off-the-chair moment as it really was uncharacteristic of me not to say anything else to DH. Yes, I keep forgetting God is working on me, too. :D

Brandee, thanks for your persistence in praying for everyone by name. As you can see they are bearing fruit.

Michelle, I loved what you shared about the different ways we learn and process things.

Jeanne, so good to hear from you and thanks for the Max Lucado commentary on Abigail. I want to study her more. Wondering if anyone knows a good book on her?

Paola, praise God the ringing in your DH's has subsided. Praying that he does well on the test. Most especially praying for peace while he takes it.

Rhonda, prom, eh? Did you stay up to wait for him? Exciting times.

Today's reading. It was sad to see Saul go down to such depths as to consult the witch of Endor. I can sense his desperation. And the ghost of Samuel reminded him it was because of his disobedience. Saul had such a promising beginning.

Ok, gotta go. DS2 is finalizing this month's book report and he needs me to cut out a business card for him (yes, the book report is to fit on a small business card). I'm going to see if I can fire up my Cricut machine (it needs to get used sometimes) to cut out something more interesting than a rectangle. Maybe if I can find a paw print shape, he could use that. The main character is a dog from "The Ark, the Reed & the Fire Cloud."

Hoping to get a nap in between that, laundry & tonight's service. We're in the book of Romans.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Sunday!
G&P, I am so smiling about your husband! And a child shall lead them—sometimes it is the little ones who can break the ice. God will surprise you. And yes I am so grateful for the gift of music! I come from a DIY family, so all our music is born of love not lessons. This year I started playing the uke, b/c it is such a happy sound!

Loice, keep those insights coming! I will be praying for your daughter—I understand your concerns, because we moved when one of my daughters was at that tender, vulnerable age. Making friends among new groups was so hard for her. But it got better. Paola—may the Spirit guide and inspire your husband as he prepares for and takes this important test! Dixie, loved the stories about your rocks! My middle son brought me back an 18 inch stalactite from a cave in the Dominican Republic, wrapped in dirty t-shirts, and it didn’t even break!

Jodie, if you are still peeking into the posts, thank you! It was a step of courage for you to open up the topic about time commitment in this study! I started out just watching the vlogs, and then reading the comments, and then started doing the readings, and finally participating. I became obsessive about keeping up, looking forward to everyone’s insights.

But like some of you have mentioned, this computer time started getting in the way of something important—for me, it was the relationship w/my husband. He saw me on the computer, so he would open his laptop and just do his thing. It soon became our habit. And now, as I realize the distance, I want time w/him and he is always on his laptop! I am responsible, because I put my study before him.

When I finally realized what I was doing (ignoring the one I love in the name of reading the Word!), I had to rethink. I made a decision to stay off the computer when he is home. This really cut into my keeping up, but hopefully this way we can reset our relationship. (Lots of work left.) I don’t post as often— so unfortunately I get long-winded (sorry). I am going to work on being concise, because everyone’s time is important, and I want to respect that. I will keep trying stay on task.

I know some of you others have taken a step back from the computer also, to make time for family, or to be better role models for your kids, and I understand. I love how Michelle explained different learning styles, and how each of us approaches the study in our own way. We are many parts, but we are all one body. Our study group includes people who research, teach, cheerlead, mentor, read, write, share wisdom, support, pray, etc. What a great team with Wendy as our leader! We each have special tools to use for praising God and sharing with the world. So from one who is still working on “time management,” thank you to the ones who continue to fill in the gaps!

Jodie, you know you can always come back to your friends and get a new nugget, but you more importantly have to take care of yourself. Jeanne, it is great that you are growing and seeking! Thank you for your latest! If you can pop in to let us know your progress, that’s great! To all the others who can’t post as often as you wish, you have company!

Rhonda, you are such a loving mother to put the needs of your 2 sons before your own. Mother Teresa said, “Love begins at home." Your sons will someday be gone, and you will remember that you gave them your time and example. And that unselfish love will carry on in them. I know I’ve been called worse things than a “Mother Hen,” but hey! As far as little sisters go, I only have ten, with one in heaven, but I could never have too many! We all help each other, don’t we? Teenage boys... now that’s another topic altogether! Hang in there!

Blessings to all,
Jacque

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grace and Peace, so far you are the only one that has commented on the woman of Endor.

David Guzak said that it was actually Samuel that was there. It isn't the first time people have come back from the dead. In Matthew 17:3 Moses and Elijah came back briefly at the Transfiguration. He also said that the woman had no power over Samuel or over ANY dead person to bring them back. Samuel came back because God had a special purpose for it. The fact that Samuel was upset because Saul wanted to bring him back, is an indication of the reality of a life beyond the grave. He had left comfort to come back to this world. Samuel was in a real place. Before the cross, it was to Abraham's Bosom, Luke 16:19-31 and after the cross, it is to heaven. This is such a comfort to those who really wonder if there is life after death.

David Guzak said, also, to be very careful to test any "spirit" or angelic "revelation"...it must be faithful to the Bible...not contradict anything. Galatians 1:8 Samuel told Saul exactly what God had told him earlier...that he was going to die...and I Chronicles 10:31 gives the reason that Saul was going to die. He died for his transgressions and for asking counsel of one that had a familiar spirit. We must be very careful whom we ask advice from...are they godly people that will give us godly advice??? God condemned Saul for what he did.

I hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather like we are here in TN...it is beautiful. I don't think my lilacs have ever been so full or gorgeous...the redbud trees are in full bloom, as the dogwoods are, my spirea is pure white. It all lifts your spirit and shouts....how can anyone not believe in God? How did all this happen from a "bang"? It's all so orderly and precise, SOMEONE is in control, and I know HIM! Every morning I wake to the music of birds singing outside my window. If the birds can praise Him with their song, then I must too. Wendy I love your song, Jesus, Jesus, there's just something about that name.

Jan TN

Blogger Val in KY said...

Boy, I have missed you guys. I have not commented in the last couple of weeks and I've missed the vlogs from last week. But I have kept up my reading!

We were being audited at work, which I was heavily involved in for 3 weeks! But that's over now and hopefully I can get back to my normal schedule.

I took vacation this past weekend and attended a Beth Moore conference in Tampa, FL. Boy, did the LORD have a fresh word for me! I had the time of my life.

Blessings,
Valerie
Louisville, KY
the City is getting pretty for Derby :)

Post a Comment

Home