"Oh God, You are my God; I earnestly search for You."
Psalm 63:1
Psalm 63:1
My Take Aways
Something Old:
It is possible to seek and praise the Lord during the wilderness periods of my life.
Something New:
Why won't David just turn around and fight? He would fight any other opponent but this is son. Deep inside he was longing for restoration with his son. He did not want him to be a causality of war.
Something to Do:
In constant effort diligently and early seek the Lord.
Psalm 63 (The Message)
O God, you are my God, earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you, my body longs for you, in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
I have seen you in the sanctuary and beheld your power and your glory.
Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.
I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise you.
On my bed I remember you; shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.
They who seek my life will be destroyed; they will go down to the depths of the earth.
They will be given over to the sword and become food for jackals.
But the king will rejoice in God; all who swear by God's name will praise him, while the mouths of liars will be silenced.






15 Comments:
Good early morning GIGs,
Posting now because my schedule is going to be off for the next couple of days. DH is on a business trip to TX so I'm doing the drop off duty for DS2.
Great is the Lord and He is much worthy of praise, indeed, Wendy! Praise God for baby Gabriel's results. But oh, my heart aches for little Carter Cummings' family. May God give them comfort. Praising God for the years He gave Carter to his family. May they have fond memories of him always.
Susie, I read your post last night. Welcome from lurkdom. Praise God for your daughter's healing.
Lori, your prayer for a real life GIG for Jennifer Renee was touching. And yes, that Beth Moore quote about our bodies makes sense!
As I was walking this afternoon I decided to check my mail and the David Hocking book I ordered re Revelation came. (We're studying Revelation in my Women's Group.) Guess what? Reading about Jesus while walking is even better. Just kept reading and walking, then scanning the clouds for any sign of His coming.
In today's reading, can't you just feel David's pain when he cried for Absalom? Jon Courson said that David did not react like this when his first son from Bathsheba died (2 Sam 12:23). He said "He cannot come to me but I will be with him one day." Courson said that David knew Absalom's case is different. Absalom was a rebellious, unregenerate son. He knew Absalom was lost for eternity. That's why his heart was breaking. That is sure to break any parent's heart.
The verse that spoke to me today was 2 Sam 19:12 "You are my own relatives, my own tribe, my own flesh and blood! So why are you the last ones to welcome back the king?" Sometimes the last ones to come to our King Jesus are those related to us.
Will post more tomorrow. For now, it's way past my bedtime.
Goodnight, GIGs!
Good morning, GIG's
"I will praise you as long as I live, and in your name I will lift up my hands."
I feel moved to spend my day not in meditation and prayer as I have been doing quite a bit, but quite simply IN PRAISE! Praising the Lord for sooooo much -- Gabriel's miracle, Wendy's teaching, all of you in this fellowship, my health, my children's academic success, my husband's ability to provide for us, the beautiful springtime, and because He has relentlessly pursued me and I am finally doing what I need to do to really know Him. I am so thankful for all His help and faithfulness. PTL! PTL!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
"Shout with joy to the LORD, all the earth! Worship the LORD with gladness. Come before him, singing with joy." Psalm 110: 1-2 ~ Dear GIG, today is another day to come before our Father with gladness, singing, & joy! Praise You Father, for this brand new day to anticipate your glory! Thank you for the time us girls have together on this blog! Thank you for Wendy!
One of my absolute favorite Psalms is the one you spoke about today, sweet Wendy! Psalm 63: This Psalm teaches us how to live a day in victory, from morning to evening.
In my margin I have notes from a Bible Study I took. It says, that "earnestly" in verse 1 means "rising in immediate pursuit."
Now, don't ya just love that?!!!
If we do not get up immediately, in pursuit of God, the enemy will have time to get us side-tracked!
As we take notice of the 'God Moments' throughout our day, when we see Him intervening in our life - we remember what He has done for us! As we write them down, we even remember them more. These miracles that we remember (PTL for Gabriele!) begin to spill over into believing God for our future days. That is how David is so at peace in this Psalm. Truly, he believes and remembers how good is Father is. Whole-heartedly he trusts God.
Dear Father in Heaven, Humbly we come before you today, a brand new day to see you in our lives. Oh, pursue each one of us. Draw each one of us to your Word. Unveil your secrets to us as we study your Bible. Captivate each sisters' heart, from one end of the world to the other end. Fill us today with your Holy Spirit. Allow us to abide in you all day long. Give each sister today, a pure appreciation for your presence. May each of us walk along beside you, and anticipate you even in our mundane moments! We believe you dear Lord. You do, what you say you can do. Your Word is truth. We love you with all of our heart, with all of our soul, and with all of our body! In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.
Loving arms coming your way, Lori
PS Something Beth said, made so much sense to me the other day:
"Its' not all small stuff, we face.
A lot of big stuff out there.
And only through prayer are we washed in peace." Amen! Off to pray now!
PPS Love it, P&P!!! {hugs}
Oh twin, there we go again...typing along at the same time! I just love your Jesus attitude! You just make me want to praise him, too!
Enjoy those kiddies today! When does your summer break begin?! :)
{hugs!}
Lori
Shimei, the stone thrower, fell down before David and pleaded,"My lord the king, please forgive me.
Forget the terrible thing your servant did when you left Jerusalem. May the king put it out of his mind. I know how much I sinned.That is why I have come here today, the very first person in all Israel to greet my lord the king."
David had mercy and spared Shimei's life, even though he deserved death. Don't you know he must have been a dedicated servant from then on? It wasn't a day for execution, but for celebration. (David was king of Israel once again.)Perhaps David remembered, not long ago, when he confessed to Nathan and God his sins. As David forgave Shimei and Jesus forgives us, so should we forgive others of their sins toward us.
Praise Jesus for His mercy and forgiveness! We sinners deserve death, but get life instead. It is a day of celebration when one comes making Jesus King of his/her life.
In Ps. 3:3, says,"But you, O Lord, are a shield around me; your are my glory, the one who holds my head high. (KJV says the lifter of mine head.) Either way, after a heart is cleansed from sin, He lifts up our head, not in shame, but in praise of Him.
Lord, bless our sisters in faith today.
Linda from Ark.
I love how David (God) continues to love his child (us) even after that child has wandered so far from him and has betrayed him so badly.
"I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer"
I will praise You with songs of joy"
Amen and thank You Lord for rescuing me.
Morgen
Hi, everyone!
In my reading of this set of scripture I was amazed at David. Pushed out across the wilderness, David was seeking God's counsel and giving God praise.
When the wilderness comes into our lives some flee from God, get angry at God and some like David seek God's, counsel, praise God, and trust God's will.
May I be like David.
Susie
What a day for rejoicing, the news about Gabriel speaks to the Power of our God! Wendy, thanks for giving us the honor of praying for him.
As our journey through the Bible takes us into the wilderness once again I'm reminded of a phrase that my grandsons frequently use..."It's a do-over Grandma" I find it so interesting that David is given yet another chance for a do-over. He returns to Jerusalem as King.
How beautiful is Psalm 63 and verse 4 stood out for me today "I will praise you as long as I live, I am lifting up my hands to you in prayer".
Betty
Praising God for Gabriel and lifting up the Carter Cummings' family. May the Holy Spirit of God bring them his counsel and comfort.
Thank you Linda from Ark. for the comment on Psalms 3:3. I have always loved this verse but always took the prespective of God holding my head up when I could not. How great to see that he forgives our sin, shields us and holds our head up in praise and honor!
I am just loving reading 2Samuel and watching the story of David unfold before my eyes. I love reading the Psalms along with the scripture that they pertain too. It is giving me such a rich understanding!
Today is my Friday, no work tomorrow! So I'm praying you all have a super blessed weekend!
Sheryl
Blessed Believer in LA
Hello GIGS,
Great is our God and greatly to be praised for all he has done!
David has such a heart of worship. Reading today propelled me into a praise and worship that has set my feet to dancing.
Why not listen to the links below and join me in praising our God!
I Asked you for life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQ0619RUwM&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQGnleZWZ88&feature=related
Happy Day
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31FuepQj-eo&feature=related
Debbie - North Carolina
Hey Ladies,
It has been awhile since I have posted but I listen daily and read daily. I need to make the time to read your posts because they are AWESOME! I just spend the past 35 minutes reading the last few days and am just filled with joy from all of your comments!
What a wonderful God we serve! What a wonderful blessing to be placed in this Bible Study and meet so many wonderful GIGS......
Thanks everyone for being YOU! Wonderfully and perfectly made by our Creator!
For anyone who has "extra" time, check out Brandee's blog, it seems the two blogs of Wendy's and Brandees compliment each other so well and just add another dimension to our studies. I just need to pray for more time to read the comments on both blogs! I listen to Wendy's first thing in the am and normally noone has commented yet and then the day gets away from me and before you know it two days have past and I haven't read any comments.
I wish they could be emailed to us so we could read them as they were posted! Anyways, got off on a tangent!
Have a blessed eveing! I am off to praise as I clean the house!
In Him,
Bethany-OH
Great is the Lord indeed!! Praising the Lord for Gabriel's healing.
Psalm 63! How powerfully that speaks to me today.
Have a blessed evening!
I am sitting her crying because I am so grateful to The Lord.
Great is the Lord for HE is most worthy of our Praises!
PTL about Gabriel! Still praying!
This bible study is changing my life!
I cant even express to you all how I feel right now!
Note- The post of 2 days ago. Wendy Story of healing! It so touched my heart, as I too was healed from Fear by HIS powerful word! I was so taken by Wendy story when I first read her book and watching that video. I couldnt comment that day because I was overwhelmed by emotion.
Thank You Lori for praying for me, My testimony went great, even though I cried through the whole thing it still was a joyous cry and and feeling of freedom.
Love,
Debra
PS- My fear was not from Violent crime.
Bethany, you can have the comments e-mailed to you - after you comment. That's why you'll sometimes see some of us comment in the morning and say 'we'll be back later' because we don't have time to comment just then and don't want to miss anything. When you comment and type in your log-in information, there's a box underneath your name (if you log in with a Google account) that says "email follow-up comments to ___) and has your e-mail. Just click in that box and then they'll come straight to you! I love it!
I'm so excited about baby Gabriel and so sorry about Carter Cummings. Isn't it funny that within Wendy's sphere of influence there are two little boys with the exact same problem, with two totally different outcomes? He really does choose each of us to carry out different parts of His plan .... Praying for Carter's family.
I was out with the kids all day today in Durham and we had a crazy time at the mall. Two men in the parking lot found an elderly woman hurt beside her car, and we were able to call 911 for them and communicate what was happening until the paramedics got there. Andi's been talking about her all day. Her name is Rose. Apparently she fell and hit her head and blacked out. There was a lot of blood. Could you pray for her, please?
Sorry this is so long ...
Amy
Post a Comment
Home