Friends-today is so exciting to me. It is the first day in weeks, weeks I say that I don't have anywhere I have to be. I am going to do some house stuff, some Bible stuff, and probably...shhh...take a nap. (I am almost scared to say the word.)
On Sunday, we will have lunch at my MIL then go over to my parent's house. I am blessed to still have my mother in body and mind with me. She has been a true light in my life.
Thank you God for sweet momma Fay!
This was taken last June. This is my father Bob.
Y'all have a great weekend. I will see you Monday.
On Sunday, we will have lunch at my MIL then go over to my parent's house. I am blessed to still have my mother in body and mind with me. She has been a true light in my life.
Thank you God for sweet momma Fay!
Y'all have a great weekend. I will see you Monday.






29 Comments:
Marking my spot so I can get the emails. I may actually even have a chance to actually post something later. In the meantime, Happy Mom's Day to you, Wendy and to your Mom and MIL, too. We're celebrating my son's 10th (10!) birthday today and he invited 2 of his classmates to our house after the party so they can play some more. Then tonight, I'll pick up my Dad fr the airport. He's been gone for over 2 months. Looking forward to having him back on U.S. soil again.
Good Morning, GIG's
Wendy girl, what a lovely picture of you and your parents. My parents finally divorced when the last child left home, and I have NO memory of them as a happily married couple. But God does work "all things together for good." I learned from their bad example. A loving, respectful marriage and a happy, peaceful home have been my #1 priority, and my children will always have happily married parents! Thank you, Lord, for knitting together my husband and myself, and for blessing us with two wonderful children!
Today's Psalms were wonderful. I was so stuck my all the foreshadowing of Jesus' crucifixion in Psalm 22:
1 My God, my god, why have you abandoned me?
8 If the Lord loves him so much, let the Lord rescue him
14 My life is poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint
15 My strength has dried up like sunbaked clay and my tongue sticks to the roof of my mouth
16 They have pierced my hands and feet
18 They divide my garments among themselves
My nugget: I absolutely love what could be a great, daily, get-the-day-started prayer in Psalm 25:4-5
"Show me the right path, O Lord;
point out the road for me to follow,
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me
All day long I put my hope in you." (Jan, are you still looking for verses for the prayer book for your son?)
G&P, good luck with the birthday party today! My student who overcame brain cancer also turned 10 this week. What a joy!
Thunder in the distance! My prayers are with all those in Tennessee dealing with the aftermath of the flooding.
Friends, I've been scanning through my journal on Day 127, and my, we have been through a lot of difficulties and a LOT of blessings together! Praising the Lord for each and every one of you, seen and unseen ;)
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Wendy,
what a beautiful picture! My mom died when I was 13. what a lonely time that was for me. I remember all the girls talking about the things they were going to do with their moms and I certainly felt left out.
My dad remarried the following year and I did not like that very much. It was only when I became an adult and realized the sacrifice she made for me and my siblings (5 in all). She gave up having children of her own because she came into a ready made family. I have grown to love her and appreciate her all the more seeing how wonderful she is with my children and my grandchildren.
I pray that God will watch over each mom tomorrow and bless them in a special way.
thank God for Moms! All Moms!
Jeanne in Middleboro
May all you sweetheart moms be spoiled to the "Nth" degree this weekend! And showered with love.
Thank you Michelle for the verse in Ps.25:4. It will be my theme verse for my blog, which my daughter is helping me set up as a Bible study for family and friends.
(It's called Country Road Faith-Inform ya later when it's up and running.)
So many nuggets today:Ps.27:4
"Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
Do I hear an amen, yes Lord? We are waiting--for whatever.
Love to all,
Linda from Ark.
1 chronicles 29:ver 9 The people rejoiced over the offerings, for they had given freely and wholeheartedly to the Lord, and King David was filled with joy.
O Lord, the God of our ancestor Israel,[i] may you be praised forever and ever! 11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. 12 Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.
what a great proclamation of the goodness of our Lord. i want to scream lound and clear...honour and majesty is yours our God!!!you alone are all poerful and worthy of our praise, honour and adoration!!! we love you our father.
we agree with David, You alone holds the keys to our lives. Lord i commit these ladies unto your capable hands. As we deligently seek to know and communine with you, help us to find you. Give us an assurance that we know you as our father, our hope, our helper, our king, our saviour, you are our everything. you are who are you in each of our lives.
We love you father beyoud anything else on earth and even in heaven.
Happy Saturday Everybody…..
Not the warmest here in MI today cold gusty winds and rain up to 20-40 mph. Have the furnace back on. Woke up to a cold home this morning. Son #2’s baseball game was even cancelled. Hubby and son #1 is doing a 9 hr. truck run today….right up son #1’s alley. Me laundary…and more laundary. Tomorrow you -betcha taking it easy. Will be visiting both Moms.
Today my focus was a lot on Psalm 22 ….Went and read it in the New American Bible…The footnotes there lead me to great look-ups.
*footnote:
Psalm 22: A lament unusual in structure and in intensity of feeling. The psalmist’s present distress in contrasted with God’s past mercy in vv2-12. In vv13-22 enemies surround the psalmist. The last third is an invitation to praise God (23-27), becoming a universal chorus of praise (28-32). The psalm is important in the New Testament. Its opening words occur on the lips of the crucified Jesus (Mk 15:34; Mt 27:46), and several other verses are quoted, or at least alluded to, in the accounts of Jesus’ passion (Mt 27:35, 43; Jn 19,24).
Don’t know why I searched this one….some interest in Bashan I guess.
Psalm 22:13
Many bulls*surround me; fierce bulls of Bashan encircle me.
*footnote-22:13-14: Bulls; the enemies of the psalmist are also portrayed in less-than-human form, as wild animals (cf 17.21-22).
Bashan: a grazing land east of the Jordan, famed for its strong cattle.
Dt. 32:14, Butter from its cows and milk from its sheep, with the fat of its lambs and rams; Its Bashan* bulls and its goats, with the cream of its finest wheat; and the foaming blood of its grapes you drank.
Am 4:1, Hear this word, women of the mountain of Samaria, you cows of Bashan,* You who oppress the weak and abuse the needy; Who say to your lords, “Bring drink for us!”
To do: Think of warmer days ….although I did see my Mr. Grosbeak (bird) for the first time today. No Oreos or humming birds yet.
Envisioning some Sun
Rhonda
Wendy, love your picture! I am so blessed to have my wonderful mother and spent Thursday with her, doing some errands for her (she is 80). Sunday we are spending the afternoon with my MIL, who is so special. Love them both!
Amen Linda! We are waiting!
Michelle, I love the "get-the-day-started" and am copying down the verses to put on my bulletin board along with Psalm 11:4 "But the Lord is still in His temple and He still rules."
My commentary calls Psalm 22 the Psalm of the Cross. It starts out with the very words that Christ spoke on the cross, shows us the agony felt as Jesus gets closer to the separation from God (our separation), the offers hope and worldwide deliverance through the work done on the cross.
My to do: Psalm 22:23 Fear (abide- word-nerd here) in the Lord, praise Him, honor Him, and show Him reverence.
Wishing all mothers a wonderful day of many blessings.
His because of grace,
Gaylene
Happy Mother's
Day to all!
My mom has been gone for over ten years now. In remembrance of her (who lived in an apartment all her life but loved flowers) I have always planted a weeping hibiscus tree in her memory wherever I lived. This cold last winter killed the tree which was only a year old so I am on the search for another to plant. I call it my Mom Tree and yes, I have a Dad Tree as well. It may or may not make it - time will tell. When they bloom, I have such wonderful feelings of love and greatfulness for all they did for me - the biggest being giving me life. On Tuesday I will celebrate other Mothers at assisted living and I also have an 85 year old German woman who lives alone at home I will visit. Her husband survived 5 years in a Siberian camp during WW 11 but died about 10 years ago. What stories she has shared with me of starving and trying to protect her son while her husband was in Russia. I honor her and pray for her continued relative good health.
Old - The 23rd Psalm.
New - The 23rd Psalm.
To do - Pause and think about each stanza as I read it through.
"You honor me by annointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."
I read recently that a simple prayer is fine too. The Lord's prayer doesn't have that many words. So I send this simple prayer of the above words to each one of you, your families, friends, churches, ministries,
With much love,
Dixie in Florida
As I read the Psalms and picked up the nuggets you mentioned, I was reminded of the fact that this Book we hold in our hands daily truly came from God. How else could David accurately portray what happens when a person is crucified (particularly Ps 22: 14-15) when crucifixion would not be invented by the Persians 700 - 800 years LATER? That just boggles my mind. Clearly, it was through the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. GIGs, that just makes me hold on the more my Bible and to the promises God gives us. They are true. God is real. God loves us and we will be with Him eternally if we trust Jesus as our Lord and Savior.
A lot to ponder again today.
Have a blessed day, everyone.
Happy Saturday All,
Psalm 23, is one of my favorite Psalm. I see this as my walk with Christ Psalm. I love to take a scripture that has meaning for me & pray either my name or others into it. It makes the scripture that much more alive for me. Enjoy your weekend & Happy Mom's day!
Blessings & Peace, Mary
The Lord is my shepherd;[God is my Father]
I have all that I need. [He fills me up]
He lets me rest in green meadow; [Jesus lets me have peace]
he leads me beside peaceful streams. [The Spirit gives me wisdom'
He renews my strength [God Father shows me how to deal]
He guides me along right paths,[His Words guides me in the direction I should go]
bringing honor to his name. [Praise the Lord Jesus in all things]
Even when I walk [As I live my life]
through the darkest valley, [going through tough times]
I will not be afraid, [fear will not be with me]
for you are close beside me. [Your Holy Spirit will lift me up & hold me]
Your rod and your staff [Wisdom through Your Word will be with me]
protect and comfort me. [Your peace & promises will guide me]
You prepare a feast for me [You fill me up with love & give me my needs]
in the presence of my enemies. [All will see You working in my life]
You honor me by anointing my head with oil.[You pour out your Spirit on me]
My cup overflows with blessings. [Love & blessings abound in my life]
Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me [You will never leave me]
all the days of my life, [Even unto death You are with me]
and I will live in the house of the Lord [I will be with you for eternity]
forever. [Amen & Amen]
Poppin' in dear sweetie-pie's!
LOVING these Psalms! Just wishing we could linger a bit, and soak em' up some more!
In my notes from last year I found some stuff that I'll share with all you new ladies:
Psalm in Hebrew means tehillim-which means PRAISES. The Psalm is the praise book of the Bible!
The Hebrew word for praise is Hallelujah which is something we must do together in public.
thanks=halal - to proclaim or declare, to speak about God rather than to thank him for something.
So, that is when we are sharing all his good deeds with each other! "singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your wonders" (Psalm 26:7).
What caught my attention as I read our verses was: Psalm 23:4,
"Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me." This my friends, is the faith I want to live out! "I have trusted in the LORD without wavering" (Psalm 26:1). I want others' around me to observe that I am sure-footed, not wavering one little bit, no matter comes my way.
Happy, happy, happy Mother's Day to all of you b e a u t i f u l momma's! May you wake up feeling God's loving arms wrapped around you. May He be everything your heart desires. Shine sister's shine! Luv u lots. Lots! Lori
PS Special blessings coming your way my dear Wendy, beautiful daughter, of the Most High! A nap! Good for you! smile
Blessings to everyone on this Mothers Day Weekend!
Psalms 23 and 25 were nuggets to me.
These psalms are just wonderful and beautiful!
Not too many weeks ago, I heard the 23rd Psalm preached at a funeral and I really liked the way the pastor broke it down.
It described so much how a Shepherd took care of His lambs.
I'll highlight some of the portions I remember:
The meadows and the streams are obvious paths the Shepherd herded his sheep on.
The Shepherd stayed close by His sheep even thru dangerous "valleys" where the wolves or bears could get them.
He used his rod by tossing it ahead of the sheep when they headed in the wrong direction; and the staff he used the crook of it to pull them out of troublesome spots they had fallen into.
The annointing oil= there were pesky bugs that would go up the sheeps nose and drive them crazy...the oil was put on their faces/heads to keep the pests away.
The Shepherd was good and merciful to His lambs; caring them around His neck if need be.
I thought these points were really neat.
Have a blessed weekend all
Morgen
Happy Mother's Day GIGs~
What a wonderful weekend of reading! It is almost too much to soak in at one time. I used to read one Psalm each morning to begin my prayer time and I need to go back to doing that. Reading so many at once it is hard to soak in all the truths they offer.
I marked so much this weekend, but my main nugget was
The LORD rules over the floodwaters. The LORD reigns as king forever. The LORD gives his people strength. The LORD blesses them with peace. Psalm 29:10-11
It just popped off the page at me because of all the recovery efforts in TN right now. We were down in one of the areas hit yesterday and just seeing all the trees uprooted, all the debris, people cleaning out their houses, it is unreal. God is giving all the people strength though and TN has pulled together in an amazing way you guys. Watching all the volunteers, all the recovery efforts, everything that is going on, it makes me proud to be a Tennessean :) This verse has become my status on my FB page and I think I will leave it there a while!
Hope you all have a very blessed Mother's day. We are having a special family experience service at church this morning where all the kids go in worship and it is led by the children's pastor instead of the regular pastor. We have not been to one before but my friends say they are great. And guess what the best news is???? My husband is going with us!!!! He told me ON HIS OWN he was going. I did not even ask him!!!! Oh friends, it is getting good here in our house! PTL!!
Love,
Brandee, TN
Good morning, GIG's
Praise You, Lord, for moving John's heart. Brandee, what a wonderful Mother's Day gift for you.
My nugget for today relates to how blessed I feel to have the privilege of mothering my two wonderful children -- my kites, if you will :)
Psalm 31: 19
"How great is the goodness
you have stored up for those who fear you.
You lavish it on those who come to you for protection
blessing them before the watching world."
I want to wish a Blessed Mother's Day to all mothers, mothers-in-law, grandmothers, great grandmothers, godmothers, step mothers, mothers-to-be and those who want to be, spiritual mothers, those who "mother" students, patients, pets, neighbors, friends, co-workers, the elderly, disabled and sick, and, as wedding season approaches, I wish peace, patience and joy to all of us who are mothering brides, ha ha ha!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
P.S. Linda in Ark, I can't wait to read your blog!
PTL, God is busy working in TN. Brandee, wonderful news, sweetie! I too, am soaking up and loving these Psalms...I begin my day by reading a Psalm and a Proverb. It gets me in the praising mood!
Linda, I'm excited about your upcoming blog! This has been a dream of mine for a year or so...one day. I can't even figure out how to do my google account, let alone get the picture posted! ha-ha...but, one day. Maybe when I'm an empty nester!
Today, one of my favorite promises is given, that I never tire of reading. Check out Psalm 30:11 -12. Our Mighty Sovereign God is the master at turning our burdens into blessings. These are 2 of my favorite turn-around verses, sisters! Anytime you feel the weight of a heavy burden on your life, pull out your Bible, and read these verses. They will bring a smile to your face.
I could talk all day about Psalm 32: Show me the evil on my heart, dear Lord...so, so good. Check out the NIV for verses 3 & 4. Love it!
Luv u Bible-studying friends! Enjoy Him all day long. Anticipate His goodness all around you. Dwell in His peace. Feel is loving arms wrapped around you. May He be EVERYTHING to each one of us today. May we know Him more, on this glorious Mother's Day.
Hugs, Lori
Special Sunday Blessings....and...A warm Happy Mother's Day wish too!!
Wendy....Beautiful picture of You and Your Mom and Dad....Thank them today for the wonderful example they set for so many.
Michelle in New England...A very special Thank You to You for turning the example for your next generation around... "my children will always have happily married parents!"
Grace & Peace....Birthday wishes to your son "Happy 10th Birthday!! "DS2"....Hope your day was special...You have one terrific Mom!! Make sure you thank her today....and know today because of you today is a special day for her...(Happy Mother's Day)
Mary I loved what you did with psalms 23.
Lori...Thanks for sharing last years notes with us New gals...This is all so interesting to me. When I was a youngster...this was never interesting to Me....I today am so fasinated will learning history today.
Psalm in Hebrew means tehillim-which means PRAISES. The Psalm is the praise book of the Bible!
The Hebrew word for praise is Hallelujah which is something we must do together in public.
Moregan...information on the anoiting oils for the sheep...interesting....I also have Jim in my prayers.
Brandee...I too find reading these psalms all at once....doesn't give me enough time to ponder them. "I love taking what jumps out to me and let it "soak" into my soul.
So for today the one that I want to "soak in it the very first one of today's reading:
Psalm 27:1....The LORD is my light and my salvation....so why should I be afraid?
My prayers for you ALL....May the Lord Bless and Keep You...may he let His face shine upon You and give you his peace.
** "Mothers write on the hearts of their children what the world's rough hand cannot erase."
-Author unknown
** All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
-Abraham Lincoln
**Live began with waking up and loving my mother's face.
-George Eliot
** "Joy...A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world.
John 16:21
** Anyone who has a wise child is glad. May your father and mother be glad. May the woman who gave birth to yor be happy.
Proverb 23:24-25 NIrV
** I didn't know what life was until I gave birth to it!
-Rochelle Traub
** Mother's Garden...
My Mother kept a garden,
a garden of the heart,
she planted all the good things that gave my life its start.
She turned me to the sunshine
and encouraged me to dream,
Fostering and nuturing
the seed os self-esteem.
and when the winds and rain came,
she protected me enough-
But not too much because she knew
i'd need to stand up strong and tough.
Her constant good example
always taught me right from wrong-
Markers for my pathway
that will last a lifetime long.
I am my Mother's garden.
I am her legacy-
And I hope today she feels the love and joy reflected back from me.
_Author Unknown
I will never forget My first Mother's Day...This is what my heart and soul longed for....For many many years. I am honored to day and I Thank You Lord. You turned my sorrow into dancing.
God's Warm-heartfelt Blessing....to Everyone!!
Gentle-woman...Quiet Love
Rhonda
Hi Everybody just Me again....that bradybeaver26 if you are all confused is my son was he was on yesterday...I didn't notice it until after I sent it...so Bradybeaver26 was from Me...Rhonda
(so SORRY)!!
Brandee, a special prayer of thanksgiving for your family!
Rhonda, tears from your beautiful words.
The mother of Jesus understood the ultimate sacrifice of motherhood. The joy, the pain, the reward. We can look to her as an example of unfailing motherly love. She still understands.
Prov 27:8 My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek.
LORD, let me seek Your face. Open my heart to see Your face in all those around me, the young and the young at heart, those in pain and those in celebration, those I love dearly and those who irritate me, the friend and the stranger. Help me see Your face in the miracle of Life, in the gentle opening of the pink peony buds, in the cheerful warbler's song, in the magnificent thunder and lightning, and in the brilliant sunshine. Let me see Your face in the precious acts of love and in the difficult trials around me. Lord, may the beauty of Your face and confidence in Your care fill my heart with love for You, so that I can reflect Your love to all those around me, that they may also see Your face in themselves.
Through Jesus, Amen
Jacque
Dear all,
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers and grandmothers out there. I got a message last night (Basel time) that one of my dear friends in CA is a new grandmother yesterday! Praises be for the healthy delivery of a new grandson!
I admit, I am homesick. I miss my daughters, I miss my church. I miss not being able to communicate clearly with my neighbors. I miss my Mom. I miss my husband's happy countenance. I am in the middle of a pitty party today!
So Psalm 27 spoke to me today!
"4 The one thing I ask of the Lord—
the thing I seek most—
is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
delighting in the Lord’s perfections
and meditating in his Temple.
5 For he will conceal me there when troubles come;
he will hide me in his sanctuary.
He will place me out of reach on a high rock...
8 My heart has heard you say, “Come and talk with me.”
And my heart responds, “Lord, I am coming.”"
I have heard God say "come and talk with me" and I have answered "I am coming!"
I also hang my hopes on Psalm 32:8-9:
8 The Lord says, “I will guide you along the best pathway for your life.
I will advise you and watch over you.
9 Do not be like a senseless horse or mule
that needs a bit and bridle to keep it under control.”
It makes me smile. This is how I see both myself and my husband at times; as senseless mules who need bits and bridles to keep us under control.
I did say to my husband the other day that God is in control of our situation. He has us here for a reason, though we may not know what that reason is. I think He also is waiting for my husband to give up control on this job situation, and turn to Him so He can bless my husband. This is my prayer oh God!
Psalm 28: 1-2
1 I pray to you, O Lord, my rock.
Do not turn a deaf ear to me.
For if you are silent,
I might as well give up and die.
2 Listen to my prayer for mercy
as I cry out to you for help,
as I lift my hands toward your holy sanctuary.
Have a wonderful Sabbath!
Karen, Basel
Karen, I too loved the image of the stubborn horse and donkey! I am really good at gritting my teeth!
Just sending up a quick little prayer for you, Karen, in your loneliness, that you will be filled up today, and also that you will feel the reassuring touch of His gentle hand as you wait for your answers.
I didn't know why I copied this today, but it was meant for YOU!
Ps 27:14 Wait for the LORD;
be strong and take heart
and wait for the LORD.
Sending you a hug,
Jacque
Karen...Sending you a warm ((hug)).
...Prayers were just sent up. They will continue...Keep strong!.. your reading God's word your on the right path. Something I noticed in the psalms we are reading is how many times it will say ....Show me the right path, O Lord. psalm 25:4 and 25:8 he shows the proper path to those who go astray.
I'm gathered with Jacque to give you a hug,
Rhonda
Thanks Rhonda and Jacque! I send them your way too!
karen
Here's another hug Karen. It's really wonderful that you have so many people in your life who you yearn to be with and miss so much, but unfortunately that brings painful days like today! I am praying that you will find a satisfying way to connect with them somehow from Basel, and that you will soon be reunited. In the meantime, may He answer your prayers and fill up those needs for you.
{{Big Hug}}
Michelle in New England
Oh my sweet Karen, I'm joining the others' to send another big, tight hug to you! I'm stopping right now to pray for a turn-around for you and your hubby.
Dear Lord, Turn your ear to listen to me; rescue Karen and her Bob quickly" (Psalm 31:2). With Your mighty power come down and arrange a turn-around with Karen & her husband. Turn their mourning into joyful dancing. Take off their clothes of mourning and clothe them with joy. We here in blogland look forward to their mighty singing of praises to you,for they will not be able to contain themselves and be silent. O LORD my God, we will all lift up and thanks to you and give You the Glory! (Psalm 30:11 &12). We, so look forward to when they will be singing a song of thanksgiving and telling of all your wonders (Psalm 26:7). Sweet Karen, dear LORD, is walking through the darkest of vallies, but she will not be afraid, for she knows you are close beside her" {Psalm 23:4). Today, we join together alongside her and put our "trust in you, O LORD, and together we say, You are our God! We know their future is in Your hands" (Psalm 31:14, 15).
Karen, I know God is busy working in Basel! We will witness a turn-around, that only could be possible by God. We will join you in praising Him, and our faith will be increased as we observe Him answering our requests!
Praying for you today, Lori
Happy Mother's Day all! I just love the blessing at church for all the mothers.
I heard something in a song at mass today that I wanted to share--it said, "Don't you get weary, for when you run, you run with the Lord!" What good advice, especially for moms who run non-stop for everyone else! We run with the Lord.
Gotta go--the Lord and I are running to a soccer game. We are the treat bringers today, so I brought flowers for all the moms too! Jennifer--Iowa
Have a few minutes before my mom and MIL arrive, so thought I'd tune in to one of my favorite places!
Jennifer in Iowa - love it: running with the Lord!
Jacque, I loved your prayer! Seeking His face, and my prayer lately is seeking His eyes - to "see" the good that He created those around me with! The only way I can love those that are difficult to love, is to have His eyes and rely on Him to give me that desire.
Rhonda, okay, now sister, I keep meaning to ask you, but...truly, the amazing flowers on your blog... Don't even tell me you planted these? smile...Did you?
You've mentioned gardening, but these just take my breath away!
We are enjoying humming birds now, by the way! smile
Mary, thank you for sharing your Psalm 23 chapter!
okay, out of time...see ya'll in the morning! Hugs, Lori
Karen...if we could all be with you in Basel...we would be having the best of pity parties with you! After Jen-Ren described the one her spiritual mom had with her I cannot get it out of my mind....so we would turn up the praise music, call out to God, goof with each other until we all laughed and read together God's word about how He loves us so....
wouldn't that be grand?
Hang in there and know you are prayed for today in Minnesota! yeah...you betcha!
Morgen
Happy Mothers' Day to you, Wendy and all the lovely GIGs! I joined the Bible Study on May 1st but I haven't been able to post comments everyday. I'm loving this group!
Rhonda, thanks for sharing the poems. They are lovely.
My Nugget is Psalm 27:1&2.
The LORD is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the strength of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
I did a bit of word nerding.
Light: illumination, awareness, enlightenment. The LORD provides enlightenment and guidance! I need not be afraid when I seem not to see my way clearly.
Salvation: the act of protecting from harm, risk, loss or destruction.The LORD is our Protection.
Strength: source of power,encouragement and sustenance. The LORD is our Source of power.
Fear: a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger etc, whether the threat is real or imagine.
LORD, thank You , You are my Light and Salvation and the Strength of my life. I need not be afraid of anything!
God bless you all!
Sheila,Chicago
Post a Comment
Home