Counterfeiters
"And Jeroboam instituted a religious festival in Bethel, held on the fifteenth day of the eighth month, in imitation of the annual Festival of Shelters in Judah."
1 Kings 12:32




My Take Aways

Something Old:
Ecclesiastes 11:7-12:6
But remember what He has done for me.
Don't forget my Creator
1 Kings 12:28

Do I consider worship "too much trouble?"

Something New:
2 Chronicles 11:17
Rehoboam's support grew and people of Judah followed the footsteps of David and Solomon.

Something to Do:
Never offer my holy God counterfeit, heartless worship



29 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIG's

The chirping birds and I are up very early and I am ready to get back to normal business!

Jennifer Renee, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday Sweet Sister, Happy Birthday to You!

Lori and Amy, I hope your anniversaries were lovely, and Michelle in VA, advance congrats on yours coming up later this week! I was so touched to read that you and Jen Ren thought of me and the wedding when you went to church on Sunday.

G&P, I appreciated the commentary you included in your post yesterday. It was enlightening, as usual. And thank you again to each of you who sent prayers my way about the wedding. I will give you all the link to the photographer's website after she posts the photos.

On to today's reading--
New - It was all new to me. Like Wendy, I got kind of a sickened feeling as I read about pagan shrines and other disobedience to God's word. We see the sin of pride rearing it's ugly head again, reminding us to stay humble, obey the Lord, and make whatever sacrifices are needed to stay close to him. (And Wendy, you are a perfect example of that, recording the vlog for us when you were exhausted after standing in line at the wake for 1 1/2 hours. Thank you and God bless you!) Today's reading also reminded me that we need to consult our God, not human advisors, and to do that we have to give ourselves the quiet time to hear His voice. I need to not care what others think, and I need to not let anything get between me and my God - the genuine worship Wendy talked about today.

My nugget: Ecc. 12:13-14 "That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands, for this is everyone's duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every single thing, whether good or bad. "

My to do: Yesterday afternoon on a dog walk, I got a strong feeling that God wants me to take a good chunk of the time, effort and mental energy I've been putting into the wedding and give it to my dear, sweet husband. Unfortunately, my husband has taken the brunt of any tension I've been feeling about the wedding. I have been short-tempered and snappish to him way too often. I've always apologized, but he's getting tired of hearing me say "I'm sorry", and so am I. I told him my plan to give him more attention and kindness, and I'm telling all of you, to help make myself accountable to live up to this commitment.

Have a great day, everyone.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the anniversary wishes! The weather was beautiful here, so the kids and I spent the whole day outside. Dave took us all out for dinner - a very rare, real treat! - then to the park for a walk and some playground time. We ate ice cream on the deck when we got home. Dave and I didn't see each other much, but we might get to go for a 'real' date in a week or two. :-)

What struck me was how some of the priests and those people who were .. did it say 'sincere'? ... in their worship packed up their families and moved to Jerusalem so that they could worship God. Reminded me of the Holocaust, in a way, of the many families who fled advancing Nazi rule and the tightening restrictions to find the freedom they needed to worship. If/when those restrictions come here, will I be so dedicated as to pack up and leave everything I know to follow my God?

As for the 'heart of worship' ... that's a hard one. Our last church was definitely not a place where one could raise hands even, and while the church we're visiting now is, where the worship service is concerned, they have a million rules about who can and can't join the church. Even though I've been a Christian for 20 years, I'm not eligible without following lots of rules, taking classes, etc. I understand their point and yet ... feel very unwelcome and apart. We're still looking. I'd love to find a church where people wouldn't criticize, and where I could sign, my daughter could clap, etc. I guess we're still trying to see where He'll take us.

Sorry for rambling so much. I feel rather Eeyore-ish this morning! Off to listen to Wendy's song ... I like that one ...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jennifer Renee!
We love you!

Lyn

Blogger Lynn - JnL4God said...

Wendy-
Thanks for the teaching and the song. Our Pastor just started a series on Worship also. I think it's time to give my Papa, Abba Father some heartfelt lovins.

Blessings everyone.
Lynn - OR

Blogger Brandee said...

Good Morning~
Not much time for a long post today, my son and I are having a play date with some friends of mine from high school I have not gotten to see in many, many years. It should be so much fun!

I did want to share what I was just listening to in response to Wendy's vlog on the true heart of worship, being real and not counterfeit. I had just finished up listening to the vlog and this is what I heard coming from the living room:

"Father God You can do anything. He can do anything. God of God You are the King of Kings. You can do everything. You are the God of the ages."

It was my 6 year old singing to the Lord. I asked him what he was singing and he said, "Oh just a song I made up Mommy." A true heart of worship this morning right in my own home. Wow!

I really did not have a nugget in one verse today. What I was realizing is that I finally am really understanding OT scripture! I am getting it GIGs as far as the history part of it and the reasons for the split and where the two kingdoms originated, who ruled over what,etc. As I was reading yesterday afternoon it just hit me, "hey I get this this time!" It was a God moment and pretty cool :)

I did note, like Wendy, that Jeroboam reacted out of fear and listened to unwise counselors. How many times do we/I do that? Do I react out of fear, ask people who do not have godly wisdom to advise me? It led to a whole people worshiping idols. I wrote in my journal, "How was their hearts so easily swayed? Is my heart as easily swayed to worship my own idols over my God?" Thoughts to ponder as I go about my day.

Happy Bday Jen-Ren! You all have a good one!

In Him,
Brandee, TN

PS Michelle I will SAP for you and the time you are giving your husband. God will bless your marriage in a great way by you taking that time for him :)

Blogger Gaylene said...

Wendy, powerful teaching today.

While I was reading, before listening to the vlog, I made a list of the differences between Jeroboam and Rehoboam:
Jeroboam: did not listen to advice of the elders, treated people cruelly, worshiped idols and led the people astray, fortified himself, imitated
Rehoboam: listened to the elders, treated people with respect, worshiped God and led others in worshiping Him, fortified the cities for the people, was true.

Contemplating Ecclesiastics 11:9 "Everyone must give an account for God" What will my account be like? Am I working for the kingdom or am I like Jeroboam and working for myself?

Happy Birthday Jen-Ren.

Now to go write a couple papers for class. Busy time with work, school, and aging mother right now whose health is not good. I covet your prayers and thank you for them.

Love you guys!Looking forward to the day when we can all meet "face-to-face" and we will all know each other (how cool is that!!!)

Wanting my worship to be true,
Gaylene

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

I found some encouragement in today's reading. I loved how Solomon was giving advice to the Young and Old in Ecclesiastes. I loved how he was telling the young people that whatever they did in their life they'd have to give an account to God for everything (Ecc. 11:9).

I liked how he was telling the young people to remember God and encouraging them to honor God while they were young (Ecc. 12:1-7).

One verse that stuck out to me today was Ecc. 11:10 So refuse to worry, and keep your body healthy. But remember that
youth, with a whole life before you, is meaningless.
I suppose this verse made me chuckle because I have a doctor's appointment this morning. I'm working on keeping this young 41 year old body healthy, oh my, 41, lol!!

The only thing I didn't like is how Solomon is still saying everything is meaningless. I think if I was told that I'd wonder what what's the point of living.

I found Solomon's description of old people in chapter 12 to be interesting.
Lord, when I get old let me be old in age but not mind, spirit, and body. May I continue to serve you and not forget you all the days of my life.

Gigs I did go to church with Michelle on Sunday. It was a wonderful time and wonderful fellowship.

Michelle in N.E. we were thinking of you on Sunday. When I went outside to wait for my ride it was sunny and there was a breeze blowing. I prayed for wonderful weather like that for your daughter's wedding.

Anonymous Lori said...

As we end Ecclesiastes today the relationship with our personal Savior is emphasized. The concluding verses remain good advice to us all: “Fear God and obey his commands, for this is everyone’s duty. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing, whether good or bad” (Ecc.12:13.14).

Aahh, today we are sad as we read Jeroboam’s first tragedy (more to come!) as he found himself worrying about his control of the Northern Kingdom. The majority of the people today neglect to read His Word, daily – so they live their lives not knowing the difference between what is truth, and what is not. We have to be on guard as Satan tries to distract us from what keeps us in balance (thank you, Wendy yesterday’s lesson) - The Word of God. When we take time, to spend quietly with the Lord and read his Word, everything else falls into place.

Loved the familiar song, Wendy! Thank you! I want my heart radiating God’s love. When I’m worshiping Him – no matter if I’m in church, or on my walk, or driving in my car, I want my thoughts to be, “Isn’t God good!” To remember, to remember, to remember Him and everything He has done for me. It’s all about Him.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU SWEET PEA – JENNIFER RENEE!!! Hey, just was wondering you were talking about listening to books on tape. I have Beth Moore’s recent one, “So Long Insecurity,” can I send it your way? (book on CD) I had ordered the book, and by accident they sent me CD’s. They told me to keep them when I called, maybe it was planned by God – so that I could give them to you!

Michelle, you are up early…ya know God LOVES marriages, and by you, (and the rest of us) praying for help to give more attention to your hubby, well, God can’t wait to answer this request!!! Ask, and you WILL receive. Your husband is going to be all smiles, as you pay attention to him. This is God’s desire, too, so He will be all smiles, as He looks down on you, my friend! Can’t wait to see those wedding pic’s, too!!!

We are all about celebrations at our home…so, last night we celebrated with the family (our anniversary) at a restaurant, and this Friday we will celebrate alone! When we first decided to get married, we had an engagement picture made, and seriously, they must have been having a deal, because we have one that is the hugest picture you’ve ever seen. Sister’s, I mean big, like 4 ft. by 3 ft. (go ahead, lol!) something crazy like that…well, of course we NEVER framed it, but kept it as a “funny.” Each anniversary I pull it out, and we all have a good laugh! I always tease the boy’s and say, maybe it’s time to hang it up. The looks! It must have been a give-away, no one would order THAT size, but then again, the crazy things you do when you first get engaged! Michelle, think about doing some ‘crazy’ things now with our sweet husband!!! Smile!

Oh my goodness, Brandee, your darling little Will…is just a blessing! To hear those words coming out of his mouth. He’s his mother’s son! He’s modeling right after his mom!!! What a blessing, a real gem, you have!

Okay, the birds are calling me, time to worship God and greet His beautiful creation!
Hugs and love and prayers coming your way! Lori

Blogger Rhonda said...

…..Accept the way God does things. (This was from yesterday)

Hi all, it has been a while. Still caught up on readings just no time to comment….words for me to put together it takes awhile. Especially after reading so much about the way you are suppose to weigh your words. Better to remain quiet.

Jennifer Renee….Happy 41st Birthday!!! From one of your Friends in God. Hope all goes well at your doctors appointment.

Amy…Happy Belated Anniversary….Canning salsa!! Mmmm sounds good.

Allie…Ryan, Susie…Kelly & Ryan, Franny…Dylan, Jacque…Michael : As I read this Prayer on the back of a St Anthony card my son received at his 8th grade graduation mass. (Our church is St. Anthony’s) you were all thought of. We all ask for prayers. I do believe in praying to the Saints whom have gone before us. His Feast Day is June 13... “Blessed be God in His Angels and in His Saints.”
Unfailing Prayer to St. Anthony : O Holy St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and Charity for His creatures made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ever ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I implore of you to obtain for me (mention your request….you all were put in). The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles. O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was ever full of human sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Sweet Infant Jesus, who loved to be folded in your arms, and the gratitude of my heart will ever be yours. Amen.

Donna TX….Loved your words about your daughter. Keep with her. Great Encouragement!
Elizabeth -CA….Praying for you a job. Feel his strength today.
Grace & Peace….This snail is running longer races….slowly and steady so in my Christianity.
Allyson…Been thinking lots of you…any word from the adoption agency?
Kristin in TX…Hope all is well with the medical issue. In my prayers.

Jacque…My heart went out to you last week. It felt your heavy heart. ((((Hugs))) Happy birthday to your 2nd son (27). I’m with yhea on where does time go. This Friday my oldest will turn 17. 7 yes… it seems like he was just 7. Thank you for the great encouragement to Susie for her son Ryan. How was your visit with Michael. Thought a lot about you and Him yesterday.

Karen in Basel….MISSING YOU!!
Lori….HAPPY BELATED 24th ANNIVERSARY! Thanks so very much for the great example for the future generation. May God continue to Bless YOU with many more. Praying for your husband Dave to be beside you in church. Precious… your loyalty to this group. THANK YOU!! You continue to lift so many. May God always be with you when you feel you need encouragement too. Know you are appreciated!!

Lyn….I love how you close in prayer: I love You Father, I love you Jesus, I love You Holy Spirit….give me a heart to love you more.

Mary and Morgen ….you open up Ecc. for me by when ever I read “All is meaningless” I put behind it (without God). Helped me make sense of it.

Michelle….Oh Michelle….You were thought of so much this weekend also…rainy on and off for us to…Saturday afternoon I took a walk through my flower garden…There was a most precious thought of you as I viewed my white peony. I have a photo of it on my blog in “My flower”….So soft to touch…made perfect my its maker. Sent today to you!! Raising children: Hear him whisper: “Well done good and faithful servant!!” How is Denise doing after the big day? Hugs to her.

Nancy TX…..(Hugs to You)…. “Life is a vapor, here today gone tomorrow” …..It really is so true so true.
Brandee...Enjoy your firendship day. Go Will!! That was cute.
Gaylene...Thanks that helped this morning about Jeroboam & Rehoboam. I will keep you in my prayers today for your health issue.

getting long continued...

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning all, especially Jennifer Renee. Have many more, birthdays that is, we sure love to have you in our world.

I am always needed little clues to remember things by. So I will share how I remember Rehoboam and Jeroboam.

J eroboam comes first in the alphabet and so does I srael. Then R ehoboam comes second as does J udah, but to remember which was David's decendants, they lived in the city of David - Jerusalem, same letter as Judah.

In reading the last words of Solomon = wouldn't it have been more fun if God had born us old, and we grew young. Watching the body tighten up instead of falling to the ground. lol . But we could have gotten really prideful. Sure will be glad when I have my new body.

Donna - TX

Blogger Rhonda said...

Wendy….Thanks for ALL!! Words are unexplainable.

What a special Group…praying for all: I know I am missing a few you all bless me….Thanks:
Cindy in PA, Debra, Dixie, Jeanne NC, Jodi, Kris, Linda Ark., Linda, Loice,Lynn-Jn4God, Mary Ann, Michelle VA, Renee WI, Rhonda NY, Susan-runner Mom, Ruth, Suzy R, Teeny

For Me…Lots happening… I was put to the test Saturday morning on running. One of my sisters ….she works for hospice anyway sent us sisters a email last Friday morning stating there was a 5K run/walk for Saturday morning. (All precedes went towards hospice). I didn’t take it to seriously that morning cause it was all so short noticed. Mom has been wanting some landscaping done on the one side of her home so Friday morning I was there at 9:30 to do it for her. She had me busy all day. I sent her to get a flat of flowers for some of the area. Well she came home with 2 flats plus some plants for her pots she already has. I left there at 5:15 that afternoon. Why am I saying all of this. I guess because I want to send the PRAISES up to HIM. He give me the strength for the next 24 hrs. The sister whom sent the email called me that Friday evening about 6:30 saying the run/walk was a go. (Wendy my 6 loads of laundry was put on hold til the afternoon).

I was up Saturday 4:55 getting his strength. Left home 6:30 picked up 3 sisters on the way. Hr. drive. 7:45 sign up. The run started 8:30 AM.

These here bible verses which we have just read lately I reviewed :

Power verses:
Proverbs 20:30: Physical punishment cleanses away evil; such discipline purifies the heart.
Ephesians 3:16-17, “I pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through FAITH. (Faith is something I’m working on).
Proverbs 14:32: If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; …..So my discipline for this temple did run the race. 4 of us sisters went. All the PRAISE I AM GIVING HIM …..it was HIS strength that moved through me that morning. I was # 11 across the finish line out of I‘m not so sure of the number (I will say 80 to 90 participants). The second woman over all. My one sister whom got us all doing these runs (because I do much prefer walking) crossed #9 she was the first woman. I was just a minute and a half behind her. I come to you today Lord and humbly Thank You.

Jennifer Renees song she posted: “I gotta believe” was a big help!!

My Bible Verse for today: Ecclesiastes 12:8, “Everything is meaningless,” says the Teacher, “completely meaningless.”

Mary and Morgen when I put it this way…..Rhonda running is meaningless…..completely meaningless….(without God). Made much more sense to me. Running is meaningless…. without God!! Ladies I felt His strength…through the run. A month to go before the next run. Keep the Faith ladies in all you do. Have God beside You. With God all things are possible.

Life is Meaningful…with God,
Rhonda

Blogger Unknown said...

Good morning Cyber Sisters!

Just wanted to extend birthday wishes to Jennifer Renee as well today. Hope your day is special. I love hearts as too, so enjoy your bracelet. Congratulations to those having anniversaries this week, it must be the month of June!

I rested on Ecc 12:13b, "Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man" (KJV) that is just the translation I memorized years ago. I've always wanted to cross stitch that and hang it in my home. Too many projects, too little time, lol.

Had a busy day celebrating my oldest sisters bd yesterday. Her fav colour is "peach" so we had a Peach Party. Just like my cyber sisters on here, I draw so much strength and wisdom from them. Thank you all for your prayers for our son, and we will look for baby- steps of growth. My prayers are with the other mom's and families that are hurting now as well. I copied Lori's prayer from Stormie in my journal as well, thank you for that.

Brandee, what a cute song your son sang. You will be glad you caught the words and wrote them down. How sweet the genuine praise of our children.

Michelle, what a whirl-wind these past few weeks have been for you. Your husband is in for a real treat in the next few weeks!

Off to weed my garden today, it looks dry enough out there before the next showers come through.

Thoughts and prayers for you all,

Franny

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Morning, GIGS! I am on vacation at the beach....didn't get lost!! I have not had a chance to read comments since last Friday! Mercy! I will play catch up this afternoon.

Jenn-Renee, happy, happy birthday!! Enjoy this beautiful day!
Michelle...you've been in my thoughts all weekend! Lots of prayers there, girl!

Rhonda, loved your thought that running is meaningless without Jesus. He was on the forefront of my mind this morning while running as I watched the waves crash and the sun rise (well, it had already come up over the ocean as I wasn't up that early!)

Wendy, thank you for your words of wisdom that God has blessed you with! Can't wait for a quiet moment (We have 10 in this beach house! Pray for me!!!!:)

Hugs y'all!!
Susan

Blogger SuzyR said...

Amy...Praying God will lead you to the perfect church for you and your family

Jennifer Renee...A very blessed and happy birthday to you :0)

Elizabeth...still praying for an opportunity to open for you

Rhonda...Way to go on doing the run...with Jesus :0)

I just have to say I had to laugh at Solomon's saying about old age...gee...as if I don't have enough aches and pains...he has me worrying about my teeth, eyes, my energy is dying like a grasshopper, my hair turning while like an almond tree in blossom (thank you for hair color)

It upset me that the Levites were not allowed to serve the Lord as the priests they were ordained by God to be...

Wendy...Thank you for reminding us to be genuine in our worship...I sometimes feel like I am being judged for raising my hands in church...not many do...but that is what I want to do...can't help myself.. my insecurity is showing (God and I are working on that)

Have a wonderful and blessed day

Sue

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Jennifer Renee,
Here we go, mi,mi,mi..."Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, dear Jennifer Renee, happy birthday to you!" One of the benefits of cyber-singing, everyone sounds like . I hope you have a wonderful day. My birthday prayer for you is for you to always remember you are loved. And you're not alone. May your faith grow by leaps and bounds this year and may God give you more divine connections. (((HUGS)))

Brandee, what you heard from the living room this morning sounds like a hit worship song in the making. Awesome, Will!

Rhonda, welcome back! I used to do a lot of prayers to saints, too but now I'm simplifying things and just directing them all to Jesus. Advance Happy Birthday to your son. 17!

The nugget for today spoke to the procrastinator in me and also good advice for our young people: Eccl 12:6-7 "Yes, remember your Creator now while you are young, before the silver cord of life snaps and the golden bowl is broken. Don’t wait until the water jar is smashed at the spring and the pulley is broken at the well. For then the dust will return to the earth, and the spirit will return to God who gave it."
While I am still alive, I need to do what He wants me to do. To be in the Word daily. To learn -- and live what it says. To stay close to Jesus. To train up my children in the way of the Lord. To share my faith with others who do not know Him. Let them know that what the bible says is true. There is some urgency to this. Who knows, within the next few weeks might even see the fulfillment of Psalm 83 or Ezekiel 38 (Gog & Magog) with what is going on in Israel. Jesus could come back any moment. We need to be ready and focus on what matters eternally. And make sure we take as many people with us to heaven.

Have a blessed day in the Lord, everyone.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, thank you for your wedding account and congratulations on your beautiful day/week! I hope the special memories give you great joy! We are teaching examples for our married daughters, and it is so important to model putting our husbands first in our marriages.

Thank you Nancy for your beautiful insight about appreciating each day. My daughters are 32 and 34, and I can’t imagine losing one of them. There must be hard days for you, but you have such a grateful spirit. Your family is in my prayers.

Lots of anniversaries this month (June!)—-wishing you all blessings in your committed love. Funny story about your "poster" Lori!

Gaylene, bless you with the loving care of your mother, providing her with support, comfort and dignity. Prayers for you and all who are blessing for our elderly. You too Dixie.

Rhonda, what an awesome accomplishment with your run! You and your sisters are an inspiration of physical discipline. Thank you for the hugs and your prayer to St. Anthony. I look to the saints as heavenly examples of humanity. Asking them to pray for us is like asking for prayer from an understanding friend with a pure spirit. They, along with our loved ones gone before us, are there for us. Yes, our family is truly in need of a miracle right now.

Donna, thank you for your praise report about your daughter! I still have her in my prayers. God is working in her life! I love to use clues like you did, to remember things! Some people with good memories just don’t understand it. Loved how you worked that one out.

Franny, what fun—a Peach Party! Aren’t sisters wonderful? I wish I lived closer to mine.

Concerning our readings, they are all new to me of course. I am just soaking up the accounts, because I have never studied the history of Israel and Judah. It is an unfolding story of a nation. And it helps me to appreciate the role of the Jews and the Jewish law in history, as well as the continuum of the presence of God through the ages. Thank you Lord for your faithful presence today and always.

Blessing you all today,
Jacque

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning GIGs, about growing old! Ec 11:8 When you live to be very old, rejoice in every day.
Ec 12:4 Remember Him before the to life's opportunities is closed.
Ec. 12:5 Remember Hm before you near the grave.
Ec 12:13-14 Fear dGod and obey His commands. God will judge us for everything we do, including every secret thing (good or bad).
All paraphased.
These verses really touched me as I am in my sunset years. The description of our abilities to do things as when I was younger hit the nail on the head! Thank God for the provisions He has made for me! Denture, Eye surgery, knee replacement, pacemaker, hearing aid, and physicians. I can still praise Him with songs and dance!
He knows my needs even before I do!
Jen Renee - Happy Birthday and may you have a wonderful day and coming year. I love you.
Brandee - Will's song tuched my heart. Out of the mouths of babes!
Elizabeth - praying for the perfect employment for yu.
Praying for your prayer request for your families.
Amy, praying for the right church for your family.
Wendy, your teaching is superb! Thank you for leading us on this journey.
Teeny (still in Va)

Blogger Cindy in PA said...

It's funny that although I grew up going to church, and always heard the same Scripture over and over...I am very thankful that I joined this group because I'm reading the chronological Scripture for the first time and learning so very much! (Specifically the 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles readings).

As I've gotten older myself, I know that God has a plan for me and everyone, yet I find myself amazed with our readings lately with Solomon not being punished, yet his son Rehoboam becoming King of (just) Judah because that was God's plan.

I appreciated Wendy's words today about not just going through "the motions" of worship and that really spoke to me.

And to top all of this off...it's a beautiful day in PA. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Lori you are so sweet to think of me. That would be wonderful and such a blessing. You can email me JenniferReneeRodd@gmail.com and I can email my address.

Yesterday I was ordering birthday gifts for my Spiritual mom, and a few for me of course, from ChristianBook.com and they were having a great sale on Beth Moore's book Get out of that pit. My Spiritual mom said I should read it but I haven't yet. They had the hard cover book cheaper than the paper back even though the hard cover retails for much more. I then saw they had that one on CD so I haven't decided what to do yet. Books on CD are more expensive but it saves me time from having to scan the book. There are so many books I want and many aren't on CD. Listening to a CD and exercising is great. When I was placing my order I forgot to get Lysa's book Becoming More Than A Good Bible Study Girl.

I had a nice doctor's appointment and now have to go and get the blood work done at the end of the month. I then go back to my doctor in July to see if my cholesterol is lower then it was in February.

Ok, enough of my rambling. Besides I'm sitting on my bed and typing and I'm getting sore, I was laying down while listening to the vlog and yall's comments. Maybe if I can remember the advantages of being blind I won't get so depressed about it.
Ok, back to laying down and listening to the rest of the comments.

Anonymous Lori said...

Okay, Rhonda - u truly encouraged me this morning… Let me explain…I always walk the dog, bring him back, and keep going! So, this morning I had “other” things I was eager to do, so thought I’d just skip the second half of my pray - walking! (hate to admit this, sisters!) But, I was renewed, and thought to myself, I’m going to get started on my to do list, cuz today is just one of those packed-full days! Then, I just got myself situated and was cooling off and thought I’d just take a quick peek to read some more posts from my fav. Wendy’s girls…and who’s was staring me in the face? And what did God say to me through your fingers, Rhonda? “ Proverbs 14:32: If you reject discipline, you only harm yourself; …..” and then, of course your story about gardening ALL day long, and waking up at the crack of dawn and running!!! Needless to say, sweetie, I smiled, and off I went for round 2! And, came back even more renewed in Him. Thank you, Lord! Love you, Rhonda!!! PS You’re a fast runner, and can drive an 18-wheeler, just wondering what other talents God has equipped you with that we still don’t know about! Not to mention your green thumb! Smile…

Sweet Jennifer Renee, off to email you right this minute!!!

Ya’ll, I so wish I could say something to each one of you, but I spent too much time lingering over each post! Ya’ll bless me, ya seriously bless my heart! Catch my tight hugs, Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, Friends,
I so look forward to this time every morning even though I am continually behind. So many times I have felt overwhelmed because I don't feel I 'pray as eloquently' or 'even interpret a scripture verse the same' but then someone chimes in with my very feelings. I too strugle with time management but at the other end - caregiving for my parents. I love to exercise - training for a 1/2 marathon now - so find I have to get up on run days at 3:45 am to meet the group. I then realize we are truly a 'patch work quilt of believers' coming from all walks with the same goal, a deeper, loving relationship with God, our Father. I am writing today because Jeanne in NC 'spoke' to me. The depth to my journey began March 11, 2000 when my (then) 25 year old son died. I know pain, but time has soften the pain. Jeanne is your step-niece's mother familiar with The Compassionate Friends? Life saving organization. Their national convention is in July this year, outside Washington, DC. I'll be there this year. Maybe we can meet. My email is jags@hughes.net if she would be interested in communicating with me. I read and still read anything I can get my hands on. Bereavement books initially but even today - I'm reading Wendy Blight's book and it is such a help. I can share some with her. I'm going to sign off because I have no idea 'what too long is.' Anne in VA

Blogger Debra said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer Renee.

Lord, Thank You dearly for this blog and the teaching you provide through Wendy and these ladies for us all.
It is all about you Jesus! Thank You for your Goodness and Grace.

Hugs,
Debra

Blogger Jules said...

This really made me think today. Thanks for sharing. I dont' always have a chance to comment, but I'm still reading! :o)

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Mercy! Hopped back to read some of the comments...what blessings! Wendy, I am going to have to sneak my laptop upstairs to hear your vlog, girl!

I loved the way to remember Jeroboam and Rehoboam and where they were from! Thank you, Donna in Tx. and Gaylene. JennRenee, I agree with you about the book of Ecc. I'm ready to move on!

Need to help with supper! Talk to y'all later!
Hugs!
Susan

Blogger Kristin in Texas said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNIFER RENEE - What a glorious day for all of us, as you grace us with your knowledge and love for the LORD!! We celebrate your birth!!

Thanks for you inquiries about my medical issues. As per my physician, he is "not worried about it" and so I am trying to not be worried about it either. Have given it to Him.

I do have a prayer request. My boss, Brian, has a young child of God, Rebecca, almost 8, who is suffering with an acute case of pancreatitis. This is not a normal affliction for a child, and she has it quite severe. She has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, and no progress has been made. They cannot determine the cause and her pain is out of control. She is on a morphine pump - can you imagine, at the age of 8? Please pray for direction of the physicians as they try to decipher the signs and symptoms. Also, Ms. Rebecca is the oldest of 3 with one on the way. Mom and Dad also are in the middle of a whole house move (thank goodness for friends and family). This family is a true servant of Christ and follow Him devoutly. Please pray for peace and guidance for mom and dad and strength for Ms. Rebecca.

Thank you in advance.

Blogger Debra said...

Father,
Thank You for this beautiful young girl Rebecca. Father, we ask for your mercy on this child.We ask that the severity of this ailment to decrease and that you would reduce this child pain. Please Lord we ask for your guidance, wisdom and direction in the treatment of this little one. May we see your hand move in her case Lord God. May your peace pour over all the members of the family at this time of trial. We ask for your healing spirit over her and that you may comfort her. In the name of our Lord. Amen.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scenery in the Heart of Worship Video was absolutely beautiful. My 11 year old son joined along with his guitar as I played it.

Attended a wedding for a niece on Saturday. I believe that it was the first wedding I have ever attended with not so much as a single mention of God (and I am old - 53!!). Very secular with almost a "hippie" feel to it. Lots of alcohol. As soon as they cut the cake, we left.
So many lost folks :(

This vblog is such a blessing to me, and yes Wendy, it does rock your world reading about Jeroboam.

Enjoying getting to know all of you bit by bit as I am a late coming in.

Rhonda in NY

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Day is done, just checking in to say I hope you had a delightful birthday Jennifer Renee!

I was touched by your caring words, Anne, and welcome. Your experience and kindness are appreciated. We are all at different steps on our journey, and the wisdom of others helps us to move forward. Hello to Jules, good to know you are there! Special prayers lifted up for little Rebecca, her family and her doctors. Rhonda in NY, how amazing that your young son could play along with the video! One of my sons loves music, and we "jam" when he comes home! It's God's gift to me to hear him playing his instruments and singing. I am sure you understand!

Blessings tonight,
Jacque

Post a Comment

Home