"Does He not see everything I do and every step I take?"
Job 31:4
Job 31:4
My Take-Aways:
Something Old:
Job 31:4
"Everything" means just that, everything. "Every" means just that, every.
Something New:
Job 31:5-43
All the things I should be doing.
Something to Do:
I need to be more aware of "everything" I do and "every" step I take.
V5
Be honest with people
V 6
Let God seek justice on our behalf
V7-11
Keep your passions pure and your eyes away from the impure
V13
Treat people fairly
V15
Don't think too much of yourselves
V16-23
Take care of the poor, widowed, orphans, and homeless
V24-25
Don't be proud of money and material wealth
V24-25
Don't put our trust money and wealth
V26-27
Worship God only, erecting no idols
V29
Refrain from rejoicing in the suffering of others
V33-34
Seek forgiveness from God and others






34 Comments:
Thankyou so much Wendy,
Honestly when I read this before I watch and hear you, I think what can I possibly use from this.I feel both naive and arrogant at the same time when I see all the treasure in every word that is there even for me as well as everyone.I am only new to the Lord so I am extremely grateful to your insight.
I am also praying for the transformation and salvation of my husband (33 years on Saturday) Tom and my children Chris (27) and Jen (26).Thanyou for all the fellowship I feel through this study with everyone.
Thankyou all
Susanx
when I see all the when aftertreasure that is in every word there for me and all of us.
Praying for all the family members who are not walking with the Lord today!
I admit, today I came up dry. I was so relieved to come here and find real nuggets and real truths to get behind! For me, the biggies are forgiveness, love for my neighbor, and relying on God to provide.
I would say I have been in a year-long growth spurt on these three issues. I still have a long way to go and I feel God's hand on me.
* I need to be open to forgive everyone, not obstructing the Divine flow of forgiveness through me to others. Forgiveness comes from Jesus. He broke the bonds of sin for all and He commands us to love one another as He first loved us (John 15:9-14)
* I need to have eyes to see, a heart to sympathize and hands to help those in need around me. I need to really be active in this. It is too easy to write a check or to give cast-off clothing to organizations and rely on them to do the heavy lifting. I feel I am being convicted to get more personally involved. This is a big challenge for me.
* My move to Switzerland last year was not only a difficult decision, but a step out in faith for me and my husband (Bob). I prayed a lot about it and I felt that this was where we were being sent and that there is a plan for our time here. Things have not gone smoothly all the time and my husband is still looking for a job here. He is beginning to suffer depression because of this. There are hurdles that we knew about (language and culture, being separated from family and friends) but we underestimated the time it would take to adjust and have not plugged in to the community yet in the way I would like or I think we should. I am finding that I need to rely on God to be my provider, my strength, my shield, and to take each day as it comes, listening for His will and doing it. Please keep us in your prayers.
Oops! I did a long post ans just lost it. No time now to do it again, but I promise you all (and myself) that I will be back later to do so.
Peace and prayers to all, especially you, Jodie :)
Michelle
Wendy, I just love you so much! Thank you for opening God's word like that for us. He blessed you in this, so you could in turn bless us! Wonderful!
Susan... Welcome to the family, sister! I will be praying for the rest of your family to open their hearts to Christ.
Karen... May God open doors no man can shut and may He shut doors no man can open. I'll be praying that His perfect will is brought about in you and your husband's life. And may He bring one special and specific woman into your life there that will minister and edify you.
The verse that really struck me today was 31:2 For what has God above chosen for us? What is our inheritance from the Almighty on high?
1 Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God's OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;
Colossians 3:12-13 So, as those who have been chosen of God, holy and beloved, put on a heart of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience; bearing with one another, and forgiving each other, whoever has a complaint against anyone; just as the Lord forgave you, so also should you.
Ephesians 1:13-14
In Him, you also, after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation-- having also believed, you were sealed in Him with the Holy Spirit of promise, who is given as a pledge of our inheritance, with a view to the redemption of God's own possession, to the praise of His glory.
Hebrews 9:15 For this reason He is the mediator of a new covenant, so that, since a death has taken place for the redemption of the transgressions that were committed under the first covenant, those who have been called may receive the promise of the eternal inheritance.
As I was brought to these scriptures, I was reminded what I am here for. I'm here to love and forgive, to share with others the excellence of God and His mercies. To share the hope in Christ that has been given to me. I am here to be a vessel in which God can use to lead others to His saving power. How often I fail in these tasks on a daily basis.
Wendy-Ya know we were on the same page. I was waiting a few days to see if more names popped up! :)This is my list so far:
Dave -Lori AZ
Junior –Liza TX
Sean – Cathy NJ
Ken – Jan TN
“unsaved” (Jodi)
Jim –Jan Ten
Howard -Judi
Milton -Loice
GP - Grace & Peace
“anonymous”
Dave -Amy
Steve –Stacey TX
Chris - Elizabeth
Ron - Betty
John - Brandee
* Kristin - For a Christian husband
Did I miss someone? Off to take my son to basketball now, will comment later on.
Blessings loved ones,
lori
Wendy,
Thanks for today - I was dry but you pulled out some great nuggets. That was great about the pot and the kettle... my husband and I joke with each other about that all the time.
Blessings everyone.
Lynn - OR
Good morning, girls! I have subbed the past two days, and have missed this vlog time with y'all. I am reading the scriptures, but I too find some of them dry until I hear the video and all of a sudden, my eyes are opened. Wendy, thank you so much, my friend, for your obedience to lead us!
I will be praying for those unsaved loved ones as well.
I loved the nuggets that you pulled from this. I need to ponder and pray on those today. I believe that I'll put my journal in the van as I run errands so I can have them in front of me.
Hugs!
Susan
Wendy~ Thank you for your lesson this morning. I so enjoy beginning my day with your sweet face and voice! Scott, your husband, will be added in my prayer book, along with Bob, dear Karen!
Today we see 12 common sins that Job lists in chapter 31. His friends continue to show lack of compassion to this man who has lost his ten children, lost all of his “stuff,” has suffered in the most painful way, has a wife that is bitter, and friends that have not “listened.” Then, today, my heart just wants to sob as I read, “”they despise me and won’t come near me except to spit in my face.” (30:10). That is hard; humiliation in the worst kind!
Job is lonely, and from his perspective he is not even sure that God is hearing his prayers: “Doesn’t he see everything I do and every step I take?” (31:4) My nugget today is to not lose sight that, El Roi, our God, sees everything. We know that. We believe that. We hold on to that truth. BUT. I will say, when I am going through a trial and I am suffering, I tend to wonder sometimes if God is hearing my prayers. I want a sign. I want a whisper. But. God knows best. That is what we have to hold on to. His ways are not our ways. He sees our tomorrows and he loves and cares for us more than we can even imagine. Patiently we wait on him as we put our focus on him. Him alone. When those thoughts come in-we immediately take them captive, and make them obedient to Christ. (2 Cor. 10:5) Wendy, you’re so right-there are lots of little truths sprinkled in today’s reading! We trust the Lord and the promises of His precious Word. Thank you dear Father, for unveiling my eyes and giving me that sweet faith that I have. I believe and put my faith in you, alone!
Thank you for posting ladies. You always give me more to ponder over. The best way to begin my day, with God, and you all! Hugs, Lori
You mined a lot of nuggets today, Wendy! Thank you for that.
Jeanne from NC posted yesterday - I just want to welcome you, sister. It's nice to meet you!
Karen - praying for peace, wisdom and provision.
What I gleaned from Chap 30 is the fickleness of fame and success. Job went from a position of honor to the very bottom where people are spitting on him. Probably the very people whom he used to help. It shows that we really can't rely on anyone else but God. Amen.
Good Morning All, I haven't posted for a bit. I had family staying with me the past 6 days. Lots of fun but tiring.
Wendy your vlog today was wonderful! Thanks for the inspiration. I do my journal with g-doc. So I cut & pasted your 'nugget' into it so that I can go over it again & again. Thanks so much for helping me to 'see' God more clearly. Job is a book in the bible that in the past I skimmed over. What truth you & others in their comments have shown me!
1)heard in a new way; Job 31:11,lust is not just sexual, it is desire for what others have & I don't.
2)did not know before; Wendy's vlog, to look deeper at the words in scripture.
3)nugget; To be content with what I have. That I praise God in ALL things not just the good.
Lori, please add Vinny to your list. Thanks.
Praying for all!
Blessings & Peace, Mary
Well, ladies, I was alphabetizing my list, as I remember better that way, and noticed I had some errors! Sorry, this is my revision:
“anonymous”
Chris - Elizabeth
Dave -Amy
Dave –Lori
Jim –Jan TN
John – Brandee TN
GP - Grace & Peace
Howard -Judi
Junior –Liza TX Ken,
Ken - Karen OR
Kristin, for a Christian -future husband
Ron – Betty
Milton –Loice
Sean – Cathy NJ
Steve –Stacey TX
“unsaved” (Jodi)
Have a wonderful Wednesday! Lori
Michael -the name that goes with the first one on our list, "annonymous"
Whewie, sorry bout that!
I'm sure Satan wants us leaving out some! Any more? Let's add them ladies!
"For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them." (Matthew 18:20) There is power in numbers as we join together and lift up our husbands. God's plan is perfect. I've got such joy in my heart knowing his ways are better than anything I'd ever dream up!
Glory will come my friends. I put the names on a notecard in my Bible, looking forward to when they are memorized and I can pray over them throughout the day!
Lori
Greetings sisters,
Thank you Wendy, Joy, and others for your insights into scriptures.
I've gathered a lot of nuggets and enjoy the fellowship. I'm unable to watch the video, but read Joy's written word. Isn't it wonderful to have others send up prayers to our Heavenly Father for us!
Remember Job doesn't realize that his faith is being tested. The ones he needs understanding from is only critizing him. Guilty!
How do we react when our testing comes? What does it take for us to loose our faith in God and slide away? Hopefully, nothing will. Our life is for his glory, but I tend to be selfish with it.
Years of experience have taught me that God is faithful; everything comes through His hands before reaching us; He is still on His throne, as throughout all ages; He is forgiving and loving, etc.
Please add me(Linda) to your prayer list. I'm going to a specialist Thursday to find out answers to my physical ailment.
Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow.
A Sister In Christ,
Linda from Arkansas
Good morning,all! Yes, I too had to go back through and glean today and settled in on verse 4. This verse actually brings me comfort. God is always right here, His tender hand, His watchful eye, a loving heart, that NEVER stops tending to our growth. How Great is His love for us! My heart rejoices in this.
I too felt sorry for Job and all that goes with being looked at and judged wrongly because of circumstances in our lives. We naturally have a need to defend ourselves before man...ESPECIALLY men that are judging us! Job is a book full of sorrow, but gives us understanding of the truth that God's ways are higher than ours. We know from reading the beginning of Job what brought this all on, but Job has no idea. I wonder how long this all went on? Is there a mention anywhere in Job that references the years he was in this state? I do not recall reading that anywhere....anyone???
I look forward to the ending, which I know is happy. :)
Have a wonderful day in the Lord!
Good morning everyone...
I came up so dry when reading Job this morning - and I get so much from reading all the wonderful insight you all have gleaned from this material. Wendy, I even went through a second time and came up blank - so thank you for your wonderful insight.
My nugget for today was to be honest in all relationships (even my relationship with God). I don't know who I think I am fooling :) And I loved your comment "we all put our pants on the same way - don't get too big for your britches!" My grandma used to say that - it brough back great memories.
Lori - what a blessing you are to get all the husband names together. I will be adding everyone to my prayer list. My husband took a while - but when he did - look out. We now minister together in a motorcycle ministry and when I stepped back and let the Lord deal with him - it was amazing. You see, I had to get out of the way for a while and let God be God.
I could use prayer about my job - I believe God is calling me in a new direction and the enemy keeps getting in the way. I am pressing on, but I only want to do God's will in all situations. So God if this is You - open that door wide and push me through!! Satan - back off, in the name of Jesus!!
I so appreciate all of you and your comments - you make my day :)
Teri
I have clinical depression, and I can relate to Job.
Job 30:13... Job can find no help. Certainly Job's friends weren't helping him, but when you are depressed even the best advice doesn't help because you can not process it.
Job 30:16,17 Job's depression is now all consuming. Depression affects more than just your mood. It is physical, mental, spiritual, and at it's worse totally consumes you.
Job 30:20 Job is crying out to God and getting no answer. I, too, have felt that God has abandoned me.
Job 31:4 Even though Job is depressed he still seems to know down deep that God does see everything. This is always a comfort to me. Even when I can't seem to hear him or even pray, I know that he is right there with me and working for my good.
Job 31:40 Job reaches the end of himself. With depression there comes a time when you come to the end of yourself and that is when you need to not give up but reach out and get help.
I am writing this today for a couple of reasons. 1) Often times Christians think that if you are a Christian you should not be depressed.This is not true: some examples are Moses, David, Dr. Charles Stanley and there are many others.
2) I want to encourage anyone who is suffering from depression to not give up hope. There is help. Seek help from a professional--medical dr, christian therapist, hotline. Or if you have a loved one who you see is struggling in this area, get help for them. If anyone would like an ear to listen to them or just need some encouragement, reassurance or prayer, you can contact me at gwbilb302@gmail.com
I am not a professional, just a Christian with depression who knows how hard it can be.
All's grace, Noni
Today I challenged myself to submit comments before viewing the vlog or reading any others. I'm taking Wendy's advice from yesterday not to worry about sounding stupid, ha ha ha! So here goes...
1. All of today's reading was new; I've never ventured this far into Job.
2. Is Job's torment over unjust treatment foreshadowing of Jesus Christ's unjust treatment? Also, Job touches upon many of the sins of mankind that will eventually be included in the Ten Commandments given to Moses -- lying, lusting, treating others badly, idolizing false gods, enjoying the misfortunes of others, and refusing to confess our sins.
3. My nugget was that today's reading called to mind a poem called "Desiderata" I discovered as a teenager in the 70's, and rediscovered coincidentally around the time I renewed a lapsed relationship with God. Here's a short YouTube piece on it. It's a philosophy on life I think Job would have agreed with.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?V=scZGPZchl3s
Peace, and prayers for husbands, sick children, and Jodie and the other busy moms of little ones.
Michelle
Good morning everyone!
I really love this book of Job. He has gone through so much and it seemed to me that he is being very reflective of his life and that spoke to me today. The past is gone yet he continues to question himself. He struggles to find something that would give cause for his agony and for the criticisms of his friends. He cries out for someone to acknowledge his goodness. vs 35 If only someone would listen to me! Look, I will sign my name to my defense.
If only he knew that God is confident of his righteousness. Let us all be assured that God is faithful.
Blessings,
Betty
Good Morning Sisters,
Busy day here with it being Will's birthday but I wanted to say that this teaching this morning was so good Wendy and I have written down everyone's husbands in my journal. I want you all to know that I will be praying. I can't wait to celebrate with you all the day my husband is saved and these other dear men are saved as well. Wendy thank you for the opportunity to share with you and this group our prayer needs. One of my key scriptures I am praying for John right now is 2 Corinthians 4:3-4, that God will remove the veil that Satan has blinded our husbands with and that they will be able to see the light of the gospel and the glory of Christ. I have complied a whole list of scriptures that I like to email out to women when they write into the ministry for unsaved spouses. If any of you would like a copy of that list of scriptures I will be happy to share it with you. Just email me at ezekiel2230.prayerwarrior@gmail.com.
You all have a very blessed day!
In His Love,
Brandee
Michelle, I tied to go to the You Tube video but the link did not work. Can you double check it.
Thanks,
Betty
We're all trying so hard to grow in the Lord. The book of Job is really stretching us a lot. David Jeremiah had some good tips this morning for that. he said to 1)memorize as much scripture as you can. 2)Pray for maturity, 3)ask God for a spiritual growth spurt.
My nugget this morning is found in 30:20. I cry to You, O God, but You don't answer. God does answer. He is our help in time of trouble. Psalm 18:6 says In my distress I called to the Lord;I cried to my God for help. From His temple He heard my voice, my cry came before Him into His ears.
Ps. 33:20 says that We wait in hope for the Lord; He is our help and our shield. Ps. 46:1 says that God is our refuge and strength, an every present help in trouble.
Job needed to hear these verses. I can just see him beating his chest as he cried to the Lord. Thank God we have His written Word, and know that we have help in our trouble.
I have updated my prayer list for hubbies and others. thank you Lori for posting them.
Jan TN
Jan TN
Hi all. Please add Jeff to our list of prayed for husbands!!
Today I zoomed in on Job 30:11 -
"For God has cut my bowstring. He has humbled me so they have thrown off all restraint".
I kept picturing a bowstring. In those days a bow was used as defense. So God deprived Job of his strength of defense. Now the mockers were holding nothing back and Job felt he had no way to defend himself against their taunts.
God is our defense...He came to our defense thru our Savior Jesus.
Morgen
Wendy, it's just awesome of you to intercede for our husbands. I love the imagery that someone pointed out over the weekend of all 1800 of us storming those gates in prayer. I can't wait 'til we start crossing these names off of our list! :-)
Lori, thanks, too, for keeping up with the names. I tried but missed a few - I think I'm up-to-date now.
Job 31:4 was the one of the verses that popped out at me, but maybe for a different reason than Job. Sometimes I feel as if that's ALL that keeps me going - because I KNOW that he's there and can see everything. Isn't it great that we have our Bible and His word to guide us and are not 'blind' like Job?? Imagine the faith that took!
3. Job 31:1 "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman." I think it's pretty cool that Job set that standard for himself, and maybe we should be more intentional about setting distinct boundaries for ourselves, if we're not already. 'I made a covenant with my (heart, eyes, ears, etc) not to (think, see, hear) with lust at (the TV, that person, that expensive car, etc). Also, I just read about a software prog that you can dowload that's based on this verse. It's called Covenant Eyes and holds users accountable to keep them free from surfing sites they shouldn't. I read about it on another P31 blog. You can find out more here if you're interested. http://www.covenanteyes.com/
I'm getting out my prayer list to add the requests from above. My sister is at the hospital right now finding out how the docs want to treat her tumor. Waiting is so hard!
24 “Surely no one would turn against the needy when they cry for help in their trouble.
25 Did I not weep for those in trouble?
Was I not deeply grieved for the needy?
Lord we pray for the people of Haiti who are in so much need at this time of calamity. may you help us not to turn our eyes away from them but like Job to say, we are deeply grieved by the needy.
we prayed for all those kids that lost their parents.
we pray for spouses that lost their partners.
we pray for the thousands of grieving families in that nation.
we pray that we may be their help and sisters.
Lord, why Haiti so many time?? Why Lord? Why being the poorest nation in the world and all these calamities? Why Lord?? Please come to their Rescue because YOU ARE STILL ON THE THROWN. Amen and Amen
Loice Melbourne
Good afternoon, Spending some time with my grand-daughter, Ryliee. She just turned 2 on the 26th! Lovin it!
Old: Job still going on and on in his misery.
New:He seems to feel that if he were guilty of wrong doing it would be better to suffer physical pain than vs. 23 "...facing God's Judgement... For if the majesty (sovereignty) of God opposes me what hope is there?"
Nugget: Job continues to search for answers from God to why all this misery has happened to him. He judges he has done no wrong.
Have any of you searched your brain for why someone may feel you have wronged them and you can't figure out what it is you did or said to make them feel this way? Don't you just wish you could speak with them face to face asap to clear things up? I can almost feel Job's pain when God seems to be silent. At times I can get impatient waiting for God to answer...sometimes he has answered just not in the way I thought he would or should answer a prayer request so I miss it. This verse jumped out at me today....
Job continues in vs. 23
"For if the majesty (sovereignty) of God opposes me, what hope is there?"
Reminds me of the verse, "If the Lord is with me, who can be against me."
Psalm 71:14 gives us hope in troubled times..."But as for me, I will always have hope...I will praise you more and more." ...19 n 20 "...who, O God, is like you? Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once again." There is always hope! AMEN
Thanks Lori for the List of husbands to pray for!
Love, from Debbie in Il.
Hey Ladies,
Thank you, Grace and Peace, for welcoming me. I needed that encouragement.
I just got up the courage last night to write a comment, so I really did not write about my "nugget"; I sometimes look at the nugget as my "Life Lesson." I have retired from 31 years of teaching...the last 11 in a high school. Anyway, back to my LL from yesterday: My mom just died on Dec.6, 2009; she had myleofibrosis for 2 years, and then acute leukemia took over for about 2 weeks, and she was gone...that fast. I am the only girl, and I have three grown brothers who are married and have grown children...a very close family. One of my brothers, his 3 daughters, a special friend who is also a Hospice nurse, and I were with her when she took her last breath that Sun. morning at 5:45 a.m. How precious that time was... I could write a book. My mom loved the Lord with all her heart and is in Heaven with her Savior now. She taught us to Fear the Lord. When I read Job 28:28, I just cried to the Lord about my precious Moma!!! My nugget was Job 29:18 for surely my moma died surrounded by her family after a long, good life...filled with so many trials, sorrows, and tribulations that her "fear of the Lord" sustained her through 80 years of life on this earth.
To Gaylene: your comment on Day 20... God will comfort you, and as I read your thoughts on who will be the pray-er in your family when she dies...You will assume that special time with God as I have because I'm sure she taught you about the fear of the Lord and the wisdom that is associated with that fear, too. He will use you in such a mighty way, and He will be the Only One who can comfort your heart and give you that peace that passes all understanding.
Thank you, friends, for letting me "release" my heart, somewhat. I am praying for husbands and grown children, and for us that we will be a light to them..."our beloved unbelievers."
Off to church now ;-)
Love and prayers,
Jeanne, NC
God BLESS my computer, it took a looooong time, but I am finally able to load the comments and post mine. (I will not complain, because I have the luxury of my own computer, even if it is slow and often makes me want to say bad words).
Wendy, I really do appreciate your perspective on Job's presentation of his "case". Taking those things as ways in which we can look into our own lives and check our sin or our focus.
Danielle, thank you for referencing those other verses! The Colossians one really spoke to me.
Lori, if you want to add me, I would love the prayers for my future Christian husband, like Kristin.
Amy, thanks for reminding me/us that Job DIDN'T have a written guide back then. That really blows my mind. That they had to have SO MUCH faith. Truly inspiring. I also like your take on lusting after things, I was a little close-minded about it, but still felt it was for me, so based on your break-down, I really feel like I can work that into my life even more. Thanks!
I hope HOPE that the Christians in Haiti are turning to their Psalms in this time of desperation. Or even Job. To know that they are not alone, and they WILL survive, even this dire time, with Christ
Something old heard new: It seems to me like Job is teetering on the fence between proud and humble. Its like he rants and complains, and then points out that he is humbled (30:11) and that God is watching everything (31:4). Still his mind and heart remain clouded by his pride, proving his case (31:36).
Something new:
I thought it was interesting that he seemed to focus on not having "eyes" for another woman, never lusting after anyone, etc. He does go on to mention all the other ways in which he was sinless (except for in his current situation), but it seemed he spent more time on that... or maybe it just stood out to me for personal reasons :) I also gathered that these were some of the (not yet passed on) Ten Commandments. Interesting
Nugget:
My nugget today was more of a prayer that God would be with me to keep me from sinning in all the ways Job had stayed blameless. And also to work on my pride to allow me to accept help and even ask for it if I need it. To have his grace and humility always and know that I have nothing if I don't first have Him.
Thank you sisters for your words. This journey is SO full for me because of all of you.
Bless you all!
Jeanne, thank you for your kind words. I just do not want that day to happen for a long time.
Pondering the reading and the sharing today, I just keep coming back to what was written a few days ago, when you can't see His hand, trust His heart. A part of faith, one in which I struggle with, is to believe in that which I cannot see or touch.
Thank you Wendy for your special sharing of nuggets today. Interesting thought to reverse and hear the Word in a different way.
Bless you all!
Gaylene
How awesome today's reading was! Reminding me and reprimanding me for things I do. I am going to read this again before I go to sleep. I may write these down and read them on a daily basis. Thanks so much Wendy for breaking them down. I think it would be great if there was a list posted somewhere of all the names we need to be praying for! How awesome to have all of us praying over the same people for a year!! If there is anyway to post names let's do that. I already have a page reserved in my journal. I would like for all of you to pray for my husband Bob too. He became a Christian after we became engaged 27 years ago (we got married 4 months later). We have 3 children and he is self employed - times are hard with the economy but he feels that God is leading him in a new direction but pray that he will trust God and seek His guidance and that God will work things out in accordance to His will Jane
Jane, if you will go back up farther into today's postings, back to Lori's post you will see the list that has been compiled for husbands and other prayer requests.
I am so overwhelmed and thankful that God has led me to this bible study. I know God is all powerful.
I had to fight back the tears as I realized that God brougtht me to this bible study for a purpose other than to study the Word. He has put me in fellowship with other women who struggle being the spriritual head and being without a partner who we can share our faith with everyday. In my journey and frustrations I have never had that kind of support or people willing to intercede in prayer for my husband - partly because I have only shared that information with very few. So praise God for bringing me here and realizing he hasn't brought me on this journey alone.
Please pray for my husband, Brian, that he will turn his eyes to the Lord and will someday be in fellowship with Him.
I have had a hard time keeping up the last four days. Joshua is doing a little better. Thank you for your prayers. Jordan has been ill as well as my husband. I need sleep!
I hope I will be able to get fully caught up tomorrow.
Thank you for your prayers!
Meredith in OK
Thanks Wendy for sharing today. Thank you everyone, for your great, big hearts. It is so awesome to see the encouragement and love being poured out.
Blessings, Debbie
Wow! THanks so much for the vlog today and all of the comments! I have to admit that I was really wondering what else I could get out of this Job pleading his case! So all of the points that you made Wendy were wonderful!
I also kinda turned the pointer around toward myself, in that I kept thinking" Here we go Job is pleading his case....have I done this, have I done that.... etc. And I then realized that God was asking my how many times I say that in my defense! God, didn't I take care of this person, and didn't I do this and that....I took the glory for myself and not given it to God.
Thanks all and love ya all!
Lena J
IA
I was so anxious to get to our reading today to read God's response to Job, but I wasn't prepared for the beautiful video you included Wendy.
All I can say is isn't our God indescribable, amazing and powerful! Know that He loves us.
I feel so unworthy, yet I give thanks that I have joined this group this year. I am just another witness to God's amazing power in my/our lives.
Did you note that Job saw God with his own eyes. How awesome is that?
And I loved Job's reply, "I am nothing _ how could I ever find the answers? I will cover my mouth with my hand. I have said too much aleady. I have nothing more to say."
Blessings,
BettyL
Post a Comment
Home