Well, it is the weekend again. It is so hard to believe how fast time flies.
Not much going on around here this weekend. I will be writing again this weekend. (Still working on the same project as last weekend-hope to tell you about it soon.) My husband is back home after being gone for a week with work travel. Finally, a good night's sleep. Smile
I wanted to give you the heads-up on She Speaks news. If you don't know about our (Proverbs 31 Ministries) annual conference, She Speaks, follow the link. Anyway, LeAnn (Executive Director and Conference Director) is almost done with the registration form.
The schedule is up so you can start perusing the classes to decide what you want to take. The cost is $550, with the early bird special being $525. This includes lodging, all meals, all conference materials, and access to some of the top speakers and ministry leaders around. It is amazing conference. Each year the Lord shows-up and shows-off.
I look forward to reading your comments this weekend. Have a good one.
The schedule is up so you can start perusing the classes to decide what you want to take. The cost is $550, with the early bird special being $525. This includes lodging, all meals, all conference materials, and access to some of the top speakers and ministry leaders around. It is amazing conference. Each year the Lord shows-up and shows-off.
I look forward to reading your comments this weekend. Have a good one.






33 Comments:
Happy Saturday all!
I am now caught up with the vlog and the comments, including yesterday's vlog. Wendy, thank you for sharing!
I noticed on some much earlier comments that people were looking for the link to the maps (when we were in Genesis) so, here is the link. I think you will appreciate it again when we go on to Exodus (OT3 on the drop-down menu).
http://net.bible.org/map.php?map=ot2
As for today in Job;
1. My old that was new was the ongoing diatribe. Thank you Grace and Peace for posting the information yesterday. Today I saw in the diatribe good warnings and instruction if you took away the mis-placed motivation of the "friends". It is true that the wrath of God is mighty, and that people who don't know God suffer deeply. They have no hope and no future. Their legacy won't last.
2. My "I didn't know before" has to do with Hebrew words. In Job 15:30 and 16:3, the words "breath" and "hot air" come from the same Hebrew word (based on the link that Wendy shared at the beginning of this study). The word is "Ruwach" and means (in part) breath; wind of heaven; vain, empty thing; spirit (as gift, preserved by God); or Spirit of God. I liked how the author of Job turned this into a play on words. Eliphaz ended his speech referring to the "breath of God" that would destroy the wicked, and Job used the same word to describe Eliphaz as full of hot air since he obviously did not see Job as being humble and repentant (even though Job was sitting in front of him in sack-cloth and misery).
3. My nugget is Job 16:19 and 21
19 Even now my witness is in heaven.
My advocate is there on high.
21 I need someone to mediate between God and me,
as a person mediates between friends.
As was pointed out yesterday, Jesus had not come, but even so, Job knows he has a witness and an advocate in heaven who will mediate between him and God.
I hope you all have a blessed weekend!
Karen, Basel
Happy Saturday all!
My old: Like Karen, I agree with alot of what the friends are saying just not that they are inferring it on Job. I underlined words that were associated with the wicked: terrors; hunger; calamity; disease; death; torn from security; thrust into darkness; brought down to the king of terrors; these are things that the wicked face - if not now then after death.
New: In Job 16:9 Job says God angrily tears him apart, He snaps his teeth at him and pierces him with his eyes. This made me envision a mean dog - I'd never want to get too close - and I wondered how many people today still envision God like this?
Nugget: I have my Advocate on high - someone to mediate between God and me. Thank you Lord.
Morgen
Job believes today that his chances of getting better are gone, “my life is nearly snuffed out,” (Job 17:1), “and I am but a shadow of my former self,” (7) and then here comes Bildad again! More distressing words come out of his mouth than in his first speech! “The wicked walk in a net. They fall into a pit,” (Job 18:8). Can you imagine Job listening to this? His so called friend, Bildad, is relentless; he lets nothing stand in the way with his words! He’s facing death, but to die with his friends feeling this way when he knew his heart was right with God.
This year as I’m reading through Job a second time I’m noticing so much more how friends are quick to point the finger and judge. Christians, unfortunately can be a mighty self-righteous group. Lord, help me not to fall in this category. Help these friends of Job to remain on my heart all year long! May I seek to be humble, compassionate and loving. May you fill me with your Holy Spirit-to the brim so that I resemble you.
I love what Job said in chapter 16, “But if it were me, I would encourage you. I would try to take away your grief,” (verse 5). That is what my heart’s desire is: to encourage those around me.
Thank you Grace and peace for Jon Couron’s good insight! Hope your son is better! Thank you Wendy for spending time with each one of us this week! As I watch your vlog, it’s almost as good as seeing you face-to-face! And, thank you, too for all of you that commented this week! I just love the nuggets you pull out each day.
Those of you that know me from last year know how patiently I am praying for my husband to be saved: Dave. Oh, this is my heart’s desire-to wake up in the mornings, and sit side-by side with him, studying God’s Word together, and living to serve and love our Father together! We have many extended family members NOT saved; however, one by one, I believe they will come to know the Lord, like I have. My two teenagers are saved-PTL!
Blessings for a beautiful weekend dear friends! May God’s peace and presence surround you and delight you! Anticipate him throughout your day. Remember, he’s right there with you wherever you go. You are never alone. Hugs, Lori
Hello everyone! This is the first time I have left a comment on this blog, even though I have been following and reading along since the very first day, Jan 1st, 2009! I feel like I know some of you so well and I appreciate all of your comments. I have learned so much from Wendy and from all of you. I have to admit, I am finding reading through Jov even more difficult than last year. At first, I couldn't figure out why, nut I've come to the conclusion that it is the punishment of the wicked that makes me squirm. I too have a husband that is not saved. I pray for him every day and am patiently waiting for the Lord to work in his life. Since I remember mention of praying for unsaved husbands, I thought I would add him to the list. His name is Sean. Thank you so much for your prayers and I will be praying for all of your hubands as well
Cathy in NJ
Hi Wendy!
I have been The One Year Chronological Bible with you this year - just haven't posted a comment yet :(. I am going back thru to read everyone's comments on Job from this week and will post.
I am so excited about She Speaks! And yes, I will be going and yes I will be in your class again! She Speaks is hands down the best conference I have ever been to! Love you P31 girls. You are truly the real deal!
Have a great weekend! Enjoy your time with your husband! Mine travels with work too.
Cathy
Thank you for your vulnerability. This a praying group of people. You are not alone in your longings. We will pray for your husband.
Bless you Friend
Good Morning all!
My nugget for today is 17:9a "the righteous keep moving forward" They learn from their trials, pressing on to reach heaven's shores.
Pressing on,
Gaylene
Happy weekend to everyone! I know I haven't left comments in the past week, but please don't think I've given up! I haven't! I am going through a really difficult time right now. And I feel that through some of our previous readings reguarding faith it has really helped me through this time. I've had a lot of recent highs in the Lord, but as of Wed. I had hit a low and ask for your prayers. No, I'm not giving up on God! This low is more to do with hurt, struggles, and an up-hill battle. I know that God will NEVER put more on me than I can bare and He will NEVER forsake me! I find comfort in knowing that, and in knowing He will see me through. Sometimes He sends us through hard times to strenghten us for the long run or to prepare us for something greater.
I haven't been reading in the chronological Bible b/c I felt the Lord directing me to study different scriptures since then. So I have fallen behind, but it is my hope and prayer to catch back up with you all today.
Please continue to pray for me as I face the battle. My heart's desire is: "Not my will but Your's (Lord) be done!"
Hi sweet sisters in Christ. I don't post very often but please know that I appreciate each one of you. I am learning so much! I thank God for another journey through the bible and for your leadership Wendy. I love the vlogs! Excellent job!
Please continue to lift up my unsaved hubby, Ken, for salvation and a job. He has been out of work for over 15 months.
My deepest thanks,
Karen in central OR
Good Morning,
Prayers for Husbands, my heart goes out to you. I have a wonderful man of God as my husband and he encourages me so much. I want that for all of us. I have prayed for you as I see it mentioned in the comments however God has put it on my heart to pray daily for all of you. I have a list of 3 of you. I will pray for any and all of you that are believing for your husbands to be saved. If you want to e-mail me to make sure I have you on the list that would be great.
ljgolf823 @ comcast.net
Okay now for today's reading.
Some days I have a hard time trying to find something to apply.. Today it seemed like the whole reading jumped out - "Lynn take heed, do this" :)
Something to do: Job 15:11-13 Is that what I am doing when I complain, am I turning away from God? Am I not seeking Him for my peace. I work in an environment where there is a lot of complaining and I have to really work at not getting caught up in it. This will be another helper to keep my mouth shut.
Another to do: Job 15:29,34
I'm not a material girl for the most part, but with all the media available it could be easy to get caught up in the desire for all the glitz and glamors of the "World" So this is a good reminder of where not to seek my riches from.
And yet another to do: Does this mean that I can have a day off of doing something later?... I guess I'll have to see what God has to say about that.
Job 17:3-5 I've been there. So angry that I've allowed someone to take advantage of me that I have wanted God to punish them. Telling God what He should do to them. Oops was that too honest? The key to this part is the fact that I allowed them to do it. I have to take responsibility for my part in it.
As I have said before Job in a lot of ways seems new and different this year so I guess that's my something new and something different.. The book of Job! :)
Have a great day!
Lynn - OR
Karen in Central Or.. I am adding your Hubby to my list of prayers, we must have been posting at the same time. I am in Northern Oregon but grew up in Southern OR.
Lynn
Good morning to all this blessed Saturday!
I am heading out of town this afternoon not due back until Tuesday afternoon, so I have spent the morning reading ahead.
I can hardly wait to come back and see what you all have to teach me!
As for today, I titled my notes "Perfect Justice".
My familiar but new was the lesson Job teaches us about relying a bit too much on the words, support & wisdom of friends. Like Job, we should "pour out our tears to God" Job 16:20
Also, today we now hear Job say "but if it were me..." Job 16:5 Really does not matter which side of the debate you are on, those words just ring a bit of arrogance and accusation.
As friends, we should not expect to be asked to act as God, or have all the answers. Likewise as friends, we should not expect that of others.
Had not noticed before this precious and powerful verse: "Is God's comfort too little for you? Is his gentle word not enough?" Job 15:11 This is a huge message for me today...and to coin Wendy's phrase, it would take me a long time to unpack it.
My To Do is to be reminded there is no perfect justice on this earth, and that on this earth we can neither have nor be a perfect friend. Our friends mean well, but they are as fleshy as we are! The only perfect justice we will ever know is the redeeming love of Christ Jesus through the grace and mercy and unending love of our Father, who is in heaven, and who is, in fact, our Perfect Friend.
What a joy to be able to be forgiven, to lift each other up to the Lord and share in his goodness and gladness! To rely on Him, not on ourselves nor each other; and to be able to share in our earthly struggles face to face, eye to eye, toe to toe, heart to heart and to know we love each other in fleshy imperfect love.
Praying for you all this weekend and always in all ways,
Liz
Alaska
Hi everyone,
This has been my first week joining in with the study. I had been reading my chronological Bible on my own (inspired by Wendy and the group last year) and then realized you were doing it again! What a blessing! Wendy, thank you for your video posts,and thanks to all of you for your posts.
I was struck by how many of you are praying for unsaved husbands. I am with you, ladies. This is my prayer also, for my husband to come to faith in Christ. Praying with you all...
Today's nugget for me: "Even now my witness is in heaven. My advocate is there on high."
I am so amazed that Job can still utter these words of faith in the midst of his suffering and feeling that God "hates" him. So amazing there are this many references to Christ, our mediator, in Job. I had not noticed this before in reading Job.
Have a blessed weekend everyone!
I, too ask prayer for my hubby. He says he's saved, but he is not in any way shape or form living like he is. You can't get salty (bad) and fresh (good) water from the same source. His name is Jim. I pray for all of you every day, and all the husbands, too. We must not give up hope on any of them. God will hear our prayers in His own time.
Job has been real hard for me this year. I really appreciate all the comments that go along with Wendy's teaching. I also appreciate Joy for taking the time to transcribe the video. All of them together are helping me get through all the complaining and griping and pointing fingers. I have to really hunt to find my to-do every day.
My to do: remember that Christ is my Advocate, 16:19,21). Everything I have ever done or thought or said is recorded in heaven, but God doesn't see them, all He see is the blood of Christ!
PTL !!!
Jan TN
Lynn - Please add my atheist husband Howard to your list. Thank you so much for praying for all of us who have unsaved husbands.
Can someone tell me how to find Joy's video transcriptions?
Thanks and blessings to all.
Add my hubby to your list. his name is Milton. almost given up on him, but i trust God has better plans. His name is Milton.
Loice, melbourne
Please add my DH to your list. We'll call him GP. Jan, my DH is like yours. He got saved a couple of months ago but he hasn't attended church with me nor read his bible. (I just want to move things along!)
Lori - thanks for asking about my son. He is much better now. The weather in our neck of the woods is starting to go back to normal. (Though I LOVE the rain - I saw 3 rainbows this week alone! - I don't like what it does to my son's lungs.)
I am going to start over with Job and read what his friends told him again. (Yes, I know, am I delirious?) My prior readings may have been clouded by annoyance (anger?) at his friends for mouthing off without cause. Then this morning I realized why I was mad at them - I don't like it when people do that to me. My defenses go up when I'm being unfairly accused. But there are lessons from Job's friends that I need to learn. (Maybe I'll save it for next year?)
Anyway... In todays reading Eliphaz states his point minus sympathy and compassion. Jon Courson said this is because he not only wants to be right intellectually but also he wants to be right theologically. Because if Job was right and these trials came not because of sin, Eliphaz could be next! His belief is that bad things do not happen to good people. Oh, Eliphaz, Eliphaz...
New to me: Job 15:15 "Look God does not even trust the angels. Even the heavens are not absolutely pure in his sight." The reason being satan still has access to heaven. I did not know that until I read Job. All along I thought satan is in hell with all the unsaved people.
Job's response in Job 16:10-17 reminded me of what Jesus went through at the cross. Especially the last verse: Yet I have done no wrong...Courson said that "God has entrusted Job with the fellowship of suffering." Imagine that! God knows Job can get through it. That just encourages me. That suffering is not punishment, sometimes unbeknown to us, it's a badge of honor straight from God. My prayer is that when the time of testing comes, we remember that it is an invitation from God to fellowship with Him in suffering.
Have a blessed Saturday, everyone!
Judi_B the site for Joy's transcriptions is:
http://www.princessjoyful.blogspot.com/
It is so sweet of her to do this for us. We have such a slow dial-up that we can't watch anything on our 'puter. It has been in the late evening this week before Joy could post the transcriptions. But I told her I don't care, I just appreciate her doing it.
Adding everyone's hubbies to my prayer list. I have 8 that were noted today.
Have a blessed Sunday with the Lord.
Jan TN
Hello Sweet Sisters,
I cannot begin to even express my appreciation and love for all of you and your daily thoughts, insights, and nuggets. This is BY FAR the coolest study I have ever done (although I am definitely struggling with Job). I am learning so much. I am not a big poster to the blog - but learn so much from all of you.
We all seem to have our issues we bring to Father God - and I pray for all of you and your hubbies and families and/or issues. God does have a plan for us - and He will reveal it on HIS terms. I pray for patience and guidance as I too have my own issues. I have no husband - so I pray for Him to find me one that is a strong Christian!! :)
Ladies, go in faith and love and know that God will provide.
I am new this year. I bought this bible to read without knowing about this vlog. About a week into reading the little postcard fell out of the bible and I found you all. Praise God. I am so thankful for all of you and your prayers. Please add my husband Michael to your list. He is struggling with his faith too.
Thanks.
Happy Sunday morning to you all,
This is my first ever Bible study, and I feel like I have hit the jackpot between Wendy and her vlog and all of you and your comments and insights. I have so much to learn. Job has been very hard to read, because my sister has been in a Job-like situation for a decade, having lost her health, her wealth, and many members of our family who no longer will visit her. They are like Job's friends, full of unkind, unasked for advice. So this has been a painful read, but my take-away is basically the same as Liz's. She worded it eloquently, but basically the Lord is our only perfect friend and we must rely on Him minute-by-minute. (Thank you and safe travels to you, Liz.) I praise God for bringing me to this Bible study, and for all the wisdom He pours out of all your hearts. It is such a help to newcomers like myself.
Peace,
Michelle
SUNDAY - DAY 24
Good Morning dear sisters in the Lord:
If this were a vlog day - I would almost bet that Wndy's banner Scripture at the top would be...
"I KNOW THAT MY REDEEMER LIVES..." 19:25
In spite of all the pain and despair that Job is feeling - he knows that God is there, somewhere, and that he will be "redeemed" by Him. Is this a foreshadowing of Jesus Christ? It must be. HALLELUIA!
My nugget is also that it looks like it IS OK to question God when we simply do not understand why we (or others) are suffering. My prayer is that I don't hurl back accusations like Job's "friends" did if someone comes to me in pain.
Good Morning,
As some of you have mentioned, Job's "friends" irritate me as I read their comments. They speak to him without consulting God first. Yet, I love the point that Liz (Elle Elle)made. So often we consult and rely on the advice of friends when we really need to rely on God. That is HUGE to me and where I am right now. Liz, I am thankful for your insight.
Love you all,
Nancy
Hi Ladies,
It's been a looooong time since I hopped onto your blog...I miss you and all your wonderful insights.
Sadly I have not been faithful to getting in the Word this year so far. Not since my lovely Elliot was born. His naps are too short, too random and he is such a busy little fella. He is still up several times at night which makes for a tired out momma. I am struggling to get my act together, to find some way to get connected again. For those that know me, say a prayer that God helps me find a way to get back to some kind of study, whether it be a devotional or tv program or whatever He wants me to do. And to stop making excuses!!
On the good side, Elliot is growing so well. He is 4.5 months and about 16.5lbs. He is so precious with his smiles, giggles and practicing new sounds all the time. He can roll over one way (hoping he learns to get off his tummy soon since he gets stuck often at night on his tummy), loves the jolly jumper and is so curious.
Wishing you all a lovely weekend and my well wishes and prayers as you continue on this beautiful journey with Wendy,
Jodie
Thank you all for listing your husbands, I have prayed for them and will continue to do so. As of right now I have 10 that were listed and one more that I know of.
Responding to comments from Liz, and Lutiemom, you are so right that we often consult friends first. I heard something about relying on friends that helps "Run to the Throne, not to the Phone" It's one of those cute reminders of where I need to go for help.
I have my grand-babies (ages 5 and 3) today but am hoping to come back later and finish my comments on today's reading.
Blessings, Lynn - OR
Dear Jodie,
I think God put you on my heart early this morning. As I tried to get my reading and commenting done with my little dog being pesky, I thought to myself "How in the world would a mother with little children be able to find the peace and quiet to do read, contemplate and comment?" I admire you tremendously for trying, and will definitely send up a prayer for you each morning (and to other mothers out there in similar circumstances.)
Peace and hugs,
Michelle
Ladies, Sisters, I have to comment on something before moving on to the scripture. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes for those of you who are married and so fervently praying for your husbands to come to Jesus. I can only imagine, as I am single, but it breaks my heart as I struggle with a small part of this in my dating life. I have actually come to the decision that, because I want to avoid this in marriage, I will only date Christian men. I watch the young couples in my church, these men that are leaders of their wives in spiritual marriage and I can't WAIT for that!
I know we all have our circumstances, and I hope I have not rubbed anyone the wrong way, I love all of you, which is why it breaks my heart to read some of these posts. No judgement, and I will most definitely keep you all in my prayers. He knows your beginning, middle and end and exactly when your husbands will come around.
I have just started a Redemption group in my Church (attending, not leading), and I'm finding the insight here translates really well into what NOT to do. I'm in a group of girls that are hurt and broken and holding on to faith with everything, but questioning it at the same time. Sometimes all the support you need is people you can be totally exposed in front of, to break down and cry and admit sins and you just need them to listen. This is so hard for many people, we don't want to dwell on suffering, we want to change the subject or try to solve it, but sometimes we just need to be there silent and love them. PTL for how he, again, intertwines all my spiritual journeys and readings to bring me the message I need to hear. He is softening my heart.
I don't have time right now to write about specific scriptures, I'll stop back by later after church.
Have a wonderful day with the Lord ladies. How fantastic that we have an entire day to focus solely on him.
Love from Seattle <3
Good morning ladies.
Its monday morning here in Melbourne, i know you are all in sunday.
Wendy i will always find myself ahead of you, hope you excuse me for being on the other side of the world. This Vlog is the best thing i have done in many years. Halleluyah!!! for all these wonderful ladies of the Most High God. Distance no problem here, my computer has become a permanent companion.
Job 22-Old : Eliphaz comes up with the actual reasons job is sufferring
1.For example, you must have lent money to your friend Vs6
2.You must have refused water for the thirsty vs 7
3.You probably think the land belongs to the powerfu vs 8
4.You must have sent widows away empty-handed vs 9
5.sent orphans away
that is why he is suffering. How many times have we done or heard preachers say this on the pulpit? God help us to be sensitive and know suffering comes to all both good and not so good people. But fot the good lets hold onto the fact thatOUR REDEEMER LIVES AND AFTER ALL THE SUFFERRING WE SHALL SEE GOD FACE TO FACE. For the ungodly they face eternal condemnation.
Nugget: Job is so sure of himself and has maintained his innoncence all long. i wonder what type of life he lived. if it were me Loice, by now i would have started saying mayb th time i lied thats the reason i am suffering
maybe i have been envious of another sister(which is true)
maybe i have been mean to my kids and the list continues.
But job says
But he knows where I am going.
And when he tests me, I will come out as pure as gold.Job 23 vs10.
i wonder what type of man he was??
Lord please help Loice and all these dear sisters seeking after you to live a righteous life, its so hard, but It appears its possible. Teach us how Lord. AMEN
Happy Sunday all: To Olivia - you are one smart gal. Don't settle for less than a true believer in the man God brings to you.
I found my nugget in Job 20:3 where Zophar says "my spirit prompts me to reply". As opposed to God's Spirit. Oh how many times has MY wrong, selfish, prideful spirit replied when I should have just been quiet. I'm learning a wonderful lesson reading thru Job this year. Just be quiet and be there. No advice needed thank-you!
Go Vikings!
Morgen
Karen, thanks for the map link! :-)
Olivia, you're exactly right: don't date any non-Christian men. When my husband and I were dating, I was already a Christian but had gotten rather distant from God. My then-boyfriend came to church with me and we talked about how we wanted our children raised in the church. I knew we didn't believe the same, but it didn't seem very important at the time. I've left the crossroads, though, and my husband is being called. He does devos with our daughter each night and prays with the kids - he's just afraid to give up the control he thinks he has to Jesus. That's what I'm praying for - that his head knowledge will become heart knowledge and he'll take that last step. His name is Dave.
Today ...
2. Job 19:25 "But as for me, I KNOW that my Redeemer lives and He will stand upon the earth at last." In spite of his complaints and hurts, this must be what kept Job going.
3. Job 21:2 "Listen closely to what I'm saying. That's one consolation you can give me." We don't have to know the right thing to say; we don't even have to say anything. Just listen and give our attention to the one hurting, and by doing that we're giving them respect and love.
Happy Sunday!
Amy
Good evening all,
I feel so blessed to be doing this study with y'all. I am learning more than I ever dreamed. I feel the Lord working in me so strongly.
Sometimes I get so tired of reading what Job's friends have to say to & about him that I just want to skip it or at the very least, skim over it. But, buried in their lectures & condemnations are nuggets. It makes me pause & think, how many times do I prattle on when I think that I'm giving "advice"? Way too much, of that I'm sure. I need to be quiet, be still and wait for God to let me know what to say. What a shame to lose a nugget in so much chatter.
Please pray for my marriage & my husband, Steve. He chooses not to walk with the Lord at this time. I do believe that things will change with prayer. I am praying for all the other husbands as well.
Jules you are in my prayers as well.
Liz, praying for a safe journey.
Praying for all my sweet sisters!
Peace & God's Blessings to everyone.
Stacey in Tx
Good evening everyone,
I have been meaning to write since this morning but life keeps getting in the way. And this thing about praying for our spouses is heavy on my mind. One of the guys fr my KI class shared something that made me cry today. (He & his wife are both enrolled in the same class and they post the most interesting answers to the discussion questions. I always read theirs first.) He said in the midst of 1 of his addictions, instead of being mad and yelling at him, his wife looked at him & said, "Nothing you can do can make me stop loving you." He said it affected him profoundly. That he got a glimpse of God's love for him thru her. Wow. That's when I lost it because honestly, I don't know if I can say that to my DH. God has a lot of work to do in my heart, I tell you.
Anyway on to today's reading...
My new: job 19:4 "Even if I have sinned, that is my concern, not yours." It's true. I have to remind myself that it is between them and God. I need not insert my judgments and opinions in the mix. My job is to love them. Easier sad than done, of course.
Job also got his wish when he said in 19:23. "Oh that my words could be recorded... " it was! And look at the impact it has 4000 years later. I don't think he realized that a bunch of women in 2010 would be studying his words, rooting for him, agreeing with him as to his opinion on the 3 friends and learning from his experience. He will have a long line of admirers when we get to heaven.
Goodnight everyone. See you all tomorrow.
Thank heavens we live under the new covenant and not the old. I am glad that Jesus is our mediator and that God is the provider of all good things!! What Faith Job had during all this. I learned that God does not have a problem with us reminding him of his Word to us. Standing on what he has given us. When doubt comes....and it does to all of us at some time in our lives....find scripture to hold on too. Godly friends can be of such a comfort and help build your faith in times of trouble. But we need to make sure we choose friends that know God's word.
Post a Comment
Home