Trouble in the Paradise
"For this is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says: Hidden among you O Israel [Wendy], are things set apart for the LORD. You will never defeat your enemies until you remove these things from among you."
Joshua 7:13 (emphasis mine)






My Take Aways

Something Old:
Joshua 7:21
Be very careful what I "want so much." Nothing is worth being powerless before my enemy.

Something New:
Joshua 8:35
"Every word of every command that Moses had ever given was read to the entire assembly of Israel, including the women and the children and the foreigners who lived among them."
A good word is worth repeating... I wonder how long this took.

Something to Do:
Pray Psalm 139:23-24 in my morning prayer time.
Investigate my life, O God, find out everything about me;
Cross-examine and test me, get a clear picture of what I'm about;
See for yourself whether I've done anything wrong—
then guide me on the road to eternal life.


Confidence and competence verse mentioned in the vlog
2 Corinthians 3:1-5

Are we beginning to commend ourselves again? Or do we need, like some people, letters of recommendation to you or from you? You yourselves are our letter, written on our hearts, known and read by everybody. You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but with the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts.

Such confidence as this is ours through Christ before God. Not that we are competent in ourselves to claim anything for ourselves, but our competence comes from God. 6He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.


39 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

I would like to thank everyone for your encouraging words, suggestions, and prayers in yesterday's comments.

Mary, I did see your comment. I got home from Bible study a little after 10:00 and got on the computer to finish reading the comments and I'm still up on the computer.

Grace And Peace, I'm not able to read other Bibles or commentaries very easily because I'm blind. I have the KJV Bible in my computer and I have software that allows my computer to talk. I do have a Bible outline in my computer that I put together using a Bible that had headings that I had when I could see quite well along with outlines in my Old and New Testament Survey books that were in Braille.

Rhonda, Thanks for the hug. I needed it. Thanks for the encouragement. Like you I never asked questions in school. For me it was because I was very shy and afraid to talk to people even to teachers when I needed help or had a question.

Lori, I'll try your challenge to comment every day for the next few weeks. I've been reading this blog since December and I have made a few comments this year.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain, Thank you for your suggestions. I live alone so having it quiet to read the Bible is no problem. As I already stated I have my Bible in my computer but I like your suggestion about marking verses that stand out. Perhaps I'll do this by putting a slash by the verse that stands out to me. One thing I need to do is take my time and read. I don't work so I have the time most days.

Here's my nugget for today.
The Israelites were not supposed to take anything from Jericho but Achan sinned against God by taking the Babylonish garment, silver, and a wedge of gold that was supposed to be put in the treasury. This made God angry.
It makes me think about how displeased God must be with me when I do something He has commanded me not to do or when I don't do something He has commanded. Something like talking to a neighbor when they are saying negative things about another neighbor. I know it's wrong to gossip and I try not to listen to what they're saying but sometimes I get caught up in their conversation. I guess I'm afraid to tell them it's wrong to be saying negative things about others. I'm glad we can ask God to forgive us and He does forgive us.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good stuff, Wendy. What do I think I have buried and hidden from God? I too think I need to ask Him to reveal that to me. Sometimes things can be buried so long ago that we don't realize they are there anymore.

Old: "give glory to the Lord by telling the truth". I know in those tough situations when I am tempted to lie, when the truth won out I felt very free and unburdened. God commands us to tell the truth for our own well being.

New: Joshua read all the blessings and curses Moses had written in the Book of Instruction. Keep reminding ourselves and our children of God's plan for us.

Nugget: I continue to pray for purification and anticipating what wonders the Lord has in store for me (us) tomorrow! Amen!

Happy Wed, GIG
Morgen

Dixie: I sent the email to that exact address - I'll try to resend it.
Jennifer Renee: Your nugget was right on; listening to negative talk or gossip is taking something that is not ours but should be given to the Lord.

Anonymous Lori said...

Oh Jennifer Renee, my heart is so warmed as I open up the posts and see your precious name! And, I LOVE your nugget for today! I'm hugging you from my heart right now. Now, this is something I did last year that really helped me. I'd read the scriptures...then, as I was doing errands, I'd "listen" to the same scriptures orally as I was driving around. Many times I'd stop the CD and play it over and over again...I never got much the "first" time I read it. I had to go back and "hear" it again. Is it possible to get the Bible on a CD, like an ipod, and listen to it again, while you are home? I don't know if this would help or not. Also, like you said...just taking your time and going through it slowly. If you have noticed, many times I will put scriptures in "lists." I understand better when a verse is broken down. I'll be praying for you sweetie! I recognized your name, but I'm going to be looking for you everyday now.

Jan, you touched me as you drive 2 hours so that you can spend time with little 18 mo. old while your daughter can go to Bible Study.

okay, better stop and get back to business, here! Wendy, what a post. You are giving us "tools" to go the extra 90%. I love Psalm 139 & had never read it from the Message translation...I plan to copy it off today. How scary to see what may be revealed, but I too, along with the Joshua Challenge, am going to begin asking him to investigate me. I don't want to waver back and forth between the promised land & victorious living AND the east side. Each morning as part of my prayer time, I ask him to show me "if" there is any sin on my heart and to reveal it, and there have been times He will, as the words are coming out of my mouth! Last week I was pricked when my mind had a judgment thought! But, to say investigate...ahh, that sounds deeper. Scary, but worth it.

Well, something you said awhile back (Debbie in NC) is playing out today. While the Israelites are busy rejoicing, Satan is hard at work. When I read “they resorted to deception to save themselves” (9:4) Satan came to my mind immediately! He used trickery to allow the Israelites to “not consult the LORD" (9:24). Before going to battle with Ai, Joshua approved of the advice of his spies and made his own decision. The Lord was their Captain; he alone promised their success (5:13-15). Nine times I underlined in the first six chapters in Joshua where it says how the Lord directed Joshua. (1:1, 3:7, 4:1,8, 10, 15, 5:2, 15, 6:2). But, what happens in 7:2-5? Joshua and his group decide to take action, without asking God first.

My To Do: Not seek my own advice, but ask God first. To remember what Debbie shared with us some time ago: After we have been greatly blessed, we need to not let our guard down. Satan is lurking, and hoping that we assume that we no longer need to pray for direction.

Wish I had space to respond to each one of you as I always get something from each and every single post...wow, yesterday was grand, my lovely Bible-reading friends! Thank you for blessing me! Walking the scary road today along side my Jesus! Hugs, Lori

Anonymous Lori said...

What a dummy I am, I just realized Jennifer, that when you said the computer talks to you, that this is like an ipod! Duh!!! Oh, I'm soooo sorry. I feel like I just put my foot in my mouth-both feet actually! My mouth is big enough to hold both feet! Sorry about that. Okay, but I do want you to know, I always get more, the second time going through the verses. Thinking about it, you are doing just fine without my advice!
:)
Love you, Lori

Hugs, Lori

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIG's,

My sister Denise will undergo the heart procedure this morning instead of yesterday, as the drs. felt more tests were needed first. I am feeling much more at peace about it all today, so I thank you all and God for that.

Jennifer Renee, I wholeheartedly agree with you about gossip, and I have been on a quest to remove myself from it for many months. The result, however, can make us seem aloof and uncaring, since gossip is most people's way of communicating, it seems. This seems like yet another way we are "set apart" when we seek to obey God. But I'm only looking for God's approval these days, so I try not to let the distance I feel from others matter so much. This fellowship helps me a lot!

Today's reading: I noted Joshua 9:14 "So the Israelites examined their food, but they did not consult the Lord." Do I consult the Lord first? I need to work on that.

Also, I was intrigued that the Israelites honored the treaty with the deceitful Gibeonites, but set up definite boundaries as to how they would relate to the Gibeonites. I need to set up workable boundaries with certain people I must deal with (extended family members).

My to do: Ponder on how to create those boundaries and make sure I CALMLY enforce them, and not let those people push my buttons.

Peace, my sisters.
Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Lori, we did it again! I was writing as you were posting! And we "saw" similar things in today's reading. I think you and I could be grand friends! Hugs to you, and kudos to you for your sharp memory of what our sisters write, so you can refer to it when needed. I look forward to summer vacation when I can give this study more time! I just love it. Wendy, I haven't thanked you in a while, so THANK YOU, our dear teacher!

Michelle in New England

Anonymous Lori said...

Kate, you can stay off the sweets, my friend. One day at a time. Each day waking up and turning this plan over to God, Prov. (16:3).
As you desire a girl scout cookie, stop. Re-focus those thoughts from the enemy, and focus on God. At night, thank Him for the victory he allowed you to have. Give him the glory. (Ps 21:5)
Check out these verses and say them to yourself when you are longing for a sweet: (Beth Moore taught us to do this with strongholds)
1 Cor. 6:12
I Cor 6: 19 & 20
Deut. 30:11
Prov. 25:27

Hugs, Lori

Blogger Rhonda said...

Wow...Everyone!!

I'm a little lost for word this morning...still taking in this wonderful group.

Jennifer Renee....Can I just give you another hug. Feel it embrace it....tears are coming to my eyes. I was truly blessed when I seen your name being the first one to leave a comment. (I seen my prayer was answered)....Thank You LORD!! Precious Renee gossip is not something I like either...like you I don't say anything either. Makes me wonder if that is why I enjoy the earth so much. (Gardening)...I feel so much of Gods presence when out there verses dealing with people...which most of the time are talking about someone. Today I wasn't really able to consintrate on the reading...Had tooooo much of all of you going through my mind. So today I am going to just listen to what everybody else has to say about this reading.

Wendy I loved the confidence verses you have given us...This was so much needed for me today.

Friends I love you all...words are just not here today. Just know I never meat such a woundrful...encouraging bunch.

My to do....(keep purifying myself...purging all the negative)...Joshua 7:19..."My Rhonda give glory to the LORD, the God of Israel, by telling the truth. Make your confession and tell me what you have done. Don't hide it from me.

Loving and merciful God, help me to recognize the truth of my own sinfulness and to come to you assured of yur love and mercy. Amen.

Purging the sins
Rhonda
Rhonda

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Oh, you gals are all so precious! I will hop back on later to comment...drs app this morning and some housecleaning that was ignored yesterday while I worked!

Jennifer Renee, I so can relate with you on the gossip issue. Soemthing popped up last night with a friend, and I should have stopped it. God was red-flagging it, and I didn't obey!
Hugs!
Susan

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morgen thanks for enlightening me about the Joshua challenge. I most definitely will join all of you. Haven't had a chance to do any reading or seeing what everyone else is posting, will come back later for that.

Jan TN

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning to everyone--
What a rich endeaver--taking the Joshua challenge--television, computer, sugar and chocolates, husbands, children, the dear elderly….. God will work wonders in all of us, and I will be be praying for the success of these works in each of you too! Great expectations! My prayers are especially with you and your family, Michelle, for comfort and success with your sister’s heart procedure today. May you continue to feel the Lord’s peace.

Thank you Tara for the delightful story of your daughters and for the children’s bible suggestion. I so miss those days of intimacy with my little ones, but now I am rewarded precious time with grandchildren, 8,4,3,3,2,2! They have such innocent open hearts and fertile minds. God’s love shines through their smiles!

To our new ones: it is always exciting to see new people posting. I am definitely not Internet savvy, and this is the first blog I have ever participated in. I am accused of being an introvert, so I understand how hard it is to finally jump in. People, if I can do it, so can you others out there! Welcome to our newest, Mrs. Jennifer, Tara and AB in IN!

Jennifer Renee, your efforts are awesome! Don’t be discouraged, just let God’s word speak to you. Sometimes we try too hard. I use a little bookmark that simply says, “Teach me thy way, O Lord” (from Psalm 27) and this is how I begin my study. I also wanted to say that you are speaking for many who, some days, just are not getting it. So thank you for opening that door to let us know we are not alone. We are many parts, we are all one body, and so we can all support each other in the journey. It is exciting to hear how all you others prepare and follow-through with your study too.

In today’s reading I was stunned by how God knew there was a secret. The treasures were hidden, but not from His eyes. And the only way that they could be strong in battle was to bring them to light and admit the offense. Also, the offense of a few weakened the whole, even though the others did not know! So.... my hidden secrets are well known to God, even if I can cover them up from others. I don’t want to indirectly hurt others by my secrets either. I have to admit and confess. This will give me freedom from the heavy burden of hiding them, and He will once again be my strength!

Now I am going to put on some inspirational music and get busy blessing my house. We'll see how the Lord can work through me today! Continued prayers for all, and I look forward to more inspiration!

Blessings,
Jacque

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Jennifer Renee, I'm glad you're back. I went to blueletterbible and found audio commentaries to help you. Here's the list (I clicked on Jon Courson and then down to where it says Joshua and it takes you to a page that has streaming audio. It probably works the same for other commentators):
http://www.blueletterbible.org/audio_video/
I agree with you on the gossip issue. It is SO hard to not participate - most of the time I can keep my mouth zipped but my ears, oh my ears are so willing to listen which is not right either.

Dixie, I sent you an email last night. I hope you got it. Bless your heart for being a Moses and not settling for just 10%. Conquer on, dear sister!

Michelle and Lori posting at the same time makes me miss Elle Elle. She's my posting twin, too. I pray that all is well with you Liz.

Today's reading:
Achan caught my attention. Aside from his sin of covetousness, his downfall was his impatience (I can relate!). Had he WAITED until they conquered Ai, God would have given him the spoils anyway. Instead he could not wait, he took was what rightfully God's (firstfruits) and as a result, his family paid the price with him. Any hidden sin that I have affects my family!

The other thing that convicted me is what Jon Courson referred to as the "Joshua chapter 7" mentality "which causes us to say 'I can handle this little problem with my own energy, insight and ability. After all, it's just Ai.'" Guilty as charged. I have no trouble bringing the big things to God but I like handling the little things. As if there are really "big" things for God. Everything is the same to Him. At the bottom of this is pride - that I am capable enough to handle these and not bother God with them. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

I knew asking God to search my heart would reveal the uglies. And there they are for all the internet to see. :)

Thanks, Wendy - it's not pretty when God reveals what is in our hearts but it's better this way. We do not want to hinder our fellowship with Him. Besides, He already knows what we think we're hiding. And He is still faithful to forgive. We serve a great God.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This morning has been blessed for me - so much that I am choked up with emotion. Thank you, thank you dear Ladies for those who responded to assist me in my Joshua challenge. I will write to you directly sometime soon and will let everyone know how God touched the lives in the assisted living facility after Easter.

On January 1st I could not have told you much about Joshua except as the song said "Joshua fit the battle of Jericho and the walls came tumbling down". Aaron was a complete unknown to me. And Moses delivered the 10 commandments and lead the people in the wilderness. Now thanks to Wendy, daily readings and searching other sources and communication with all of you they are very REAL to me. Flesh and blood and tears REAL! Struggles and backsliding and sins
of carnality REAL! Life and Death REAL!

This Palm Sunday and Easter will be the most momentous in my life. Thank you God for letting me live long enough to participate in its joy.............With tears of gratitude, I remain Dixie pushing for the outer limits and opening up to the other 90% of what God has already given me.

Blogger Brandee said...

I just have to say what a great journey this is and I am so thankful to be on it with all of you! The reading lately has been so full and all the comments have just helped me to dig deeper. G&P I just got Jon Courson's commentary and I can't wait to dig into it each day as we read too! I got it from amazon and of course the OT Vol 1 was going to be a few weeks in shipping, but I did get the other two. I guess too many of us doing this NLT study has ordered it, lol.

My verse and nugget was the same one that Wendy pulled out. I wrote in my journal, "What am I doing in my life right now that is bringing disaster on my family?" There are consequences to sin and disobedience. Nothing is hidden from God. I am going to pray Psalm 139:23 along with the Joshua challenge as well.

Yesterday Lori mentioned Beth Moore's teaching in "Believing God" on Gilgal. I looked that up this morning so I could share with you all what she says. In the Hebrew the word Gilgal means "circle." Gilgal was the place where God brought the Israelites full circle and broke the old cycle. When they camped at Gilgal God timed it perfectly for them to realize they were a people of covenant and that their new life was beginning. They came to Gilgal at the same time as Passover. The people were getting a major do over. Before in the wilderness He took them from slavery into deliverance but they had times of testing. While in the wilderness what prevailed was unbelief. This led to them not entering the promised land and the cycle of defeat continued. At Gilgal instead of living out this cycle of defeat they lived out the cycle of victory. They came out of testing believing God and He took them into the promised land. Once there, God had to cut away their unbelief so circumcision was reinstated. This was the sign that they were different. Remaining uncircumcised was their way of wearing their reproach and their shame. God cut away the sign of their unbelief and they now wore the marks of a new beginning.

God also brings us to our own Gilgal where we come full circle. We also get a do-over. Have we been living in the cycle of defeat going back into slavery from our own unbelief? We can choose to let our testing and trials bring us to a place of prevailing belief and when we do we move into our Promised Lands. We also have to undergo a spiritual circumcision of our hearts. We need to bear the mark, as the Israelites, of the difference. Colossians 2:10-11 says, "and you have been given fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority. In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ." We are changed because of Christ. he rolls away our shame and sometimes that requires a wounding. But with this wounding they were healed and so are we. We will bear the marks of finally believing God, we will bear the marks of the scars of the circumcision of God cutting away what we were wearing. Beth says, "Bear the wounding and be glad. We have a new beginning!"

You GIGs have a wonderful day! Hope Beth's words on Gilgal ministers to you where you are in your own Promised Lands.

Love,
Brandee, TN

PS Linda I got your email I will write you back in the next day or so :) I am spending alot of the time today in prayer and Bible study. I try to take a day now and then and do that most of the day.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Miss Dixie - why do I always have tears in my when I read your posts now? I just love your heart. Thanks for being such a blessing.

Brandee, so glad that you have the Jon Courson commentarieS! Yay! Mine is glowing yellow from the highlighting that I have done. Thank you for sharing Beth Moore's take on Gilgal. I love it! That book is going on my wish list at amazon, that's for sure. Have a blessed day with the Lord, today.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brandee...Thank you for the reminder of Beth's information about Gilgal...I had forgotten that...

Jennifer...God is doing a mighty work through you right now...Praise Him..

My nugget is regarding Joshua 9:14 when Joshua did not consult God regarding a peace treaty with the Gibeonites...I do not want to step out in a direction that is not God's plan for my life--I want Him to guide me every step along the way..

Blessings to you all,
Sue

Blogger Brandee said...

Letting you all know I have prayed for each person on our list today by name.

God Bless you all! We are going to see His glory!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi
Question for Brandee do you have a blog or website??? I think missed where I can find it...cuz it seems like you said you would post things on your site???

Anonymous Sara, IN said...

Thanks Lori for the verses. I too struggle with weight and I have posted these verses in my notes and will make cards to stick up in the kitchen and in my purse!
The verse 10 that Wendy referred to with God telling Joshua to 'Get up!'...just like a parent! Telling Joshua to quit bellyaching and get up and get on with it. Loved that!
Also vs 26: Joshua held up the spear towards Ai until all had been destroyed...just like Moses holding his staff until all were across the Red Sea. Loved that parallel. There is another place with similar situation with his attendants holding up his arms while the battle rages. I love that scene. We have friends uphold ing us in prayer while our battles rage.
Thank each of you for your comments. I am learning so much. The comments all help make it all clearer.

Blogger Stephanie Kay said...

Thank you for all your insights, ladies!

Joshua 7:16-26. Achan said "I saw. I wanted. I took. I hid." What a picture of the progression of sin!! I noticed that he buried the whole thing under his tent - where the robe would rot, the metals corrode and he'd get nothing out of owning them.

Joshua 7:2-15. God says ISRAEL had sinned. The individual's sin was placed on the whole nation. This can be applied to families, churches, and nations. The sin of an individual affects everyone.

To Do: Wendy's verse about things hidden among you. What things in me are set apart for the LORD but I am keeping them for myself? I thought of this as more than just sin. Achan's sin was keeping the things for himself. They were things God had said were HIS. Spiritual gifts is what came to my mind. God has gifted me but am I using those gifts to minister to others (such as at church) or am I using them to fulfill my own desires.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G&P thanks for bringing in the first fruits again— that’s exactly what the Jericho goodies were! I sure can be selfish like that.

Yes, Sara, “GET UP!” used to sound so familiar at our house! But this has a most powerful connection to me! This is my struggle! I wish God would just SHOUT it out to me, but He just whispers it all day long! So I will obey now….see ya
Jacque

Blogger Debra said...

Lord I pray that I always give you the credit for everything.
2 Corinthians 3:1-5 was the nugget for me today. The Confidence and competence is from the Lord.

Anonymous Sara, IN said...

Michelle,
When I went back to yesterday and read your post about your sister's procedure being postponed, I got goosebumps!! God is working right before our eyes!!

Blogger Stephanie Kay said...

Anonymous,

When you look at the comments, everyone that has a colored name means that person has a google account (for example Stephanie's Mommy Brain is blue) or someother blog type account. If you click on the blue name you will go to a Profile Page. If someone has a blog (like I do) then it will be listed on the Profile Page.

Ladies, if you are commenting here on a regular basis I HIGHLY recommend you set up a profile. It's free and easy. It also makes commenting easier. AND it helps build community. You can control how much info is on your page - birthday (I do NOT recommend), email address, picture, etc. It just gives the other women in our community a way of reaching you and knowing more about you.

Also, if you are concerned about putting your email address on the internet for all to see, then I recommend setting up a FREE gmail (just activate with your google account) address and having it forwarded to your regular email.

If you'd like to set up an account but you aren't sure how, feel free to email me (follow the link to my profile for the address) and I'll help walk you through it. I promise there are NO dumb questions! We all had to learn sometime!!!

Blogger beachsand said...

Thanks. That is really something to think about.

Blogger beachsand said...

My family is having serious trials. My youngest son (40) and his wife have had a Chimney business in Massachusetts for 8-9 years. In the past 2 years business has dropped because people are not getting chimneys cleaned or steps built, stonewall made, chimney's lined and so forth.... so they have been struggling. They have five children. They are behind in their mortgage and the bank won't help them because his business has been so slow. It is just terrible. Please pray for God to act soon in this situation. Thank you.

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Michelle, I pray that Denise's procedure went well this morning.

beachsand, praying for God's provision for our son and his family. May He open doors for him that no one can close.

Sara in IN, thanks for reminding me about Joshua holding the spear. I forgot about the same thing Moses did with raising his staff. Love the image of us propping each other's arms in prayer.

Blogger Brandee said...

Anonymous, you can click on my name and it will take you to my profile and it has my two blogs listed. The one I post on daily as we pray is called "Standing in the Gap." Some of us are going to be going through "To Live is Christ" by Beth Moore this spring as well as our NLT reading for anyone who wants to hop on in. It was placed on my heart to go through for God to teach me about Paul and how to pray in a more effective way for John. After listening to the first session today I know that He has me doing this for many more reasons as well. I can't wait to see what He does and reveals!

We also have been praying for our children daily on the blog and we post prayers for our spouses and loved ones. We have decided to do a group fast fasting lunch one day a week also to be praying for our loved ones. We have not picked a day yet but are looking at Wed or Thur. Check it out :)

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only had the internet for a year and I'm glad I finally got it! For many years my dad told me I should get it but I never thought I'd b able to learn how to use the internet or email and I never thought I'd use it. Oh, how wrong I was. I feel like I've made new friends through this blog and email. This is nice because I don't have any friends from church who communicate with me outside of church by phone or email.
Lori, you haven't said anything rong. You didn't put your foot in your mouth. I do have the Bible on CD and some years I listen to it instead of using the Bible in my computer. It's a dramatized version which can make understanding the Bible a little easier when each character has a diferent voice. I also have an electronic Bible that talks that I can carry with me. Ah, technology. It can be a problem when it doesn't work but it is also a blessing in my case. My dad wants to go back to the sixties when we didn't have all this technology but I told him I wouldn't be able to do what I can do today if I was around in those days. I told him I'd probably just sit at home or be in n institution like they do with disabled people in some countries.
Now I hav to go back to reading the comments.

Blogger Michelle said...

Hello, dear friends.

I feel as though we have a small miracle on our hands with my sister, Denise. AGAIN they did not do the big heart procedure because of not being able to get the drs., anesthesia and operating room at the same time. So, they did a short, non-invasive procedure. They stopped and started her heart, and the regular rhythm returned! She will stay in the hospital and be observed until the weekend, and they will consider doing the big procedure in a few weeks. I know I'll be praying that they NEVER have to do it. Thank you all so very much for your prayers. Praise the Lord!!

Have a blessed evening, GIG's
Michelle in Sunny New England

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Ok, this will be my last comment for today. I promise.
I left a comment at 5:40 PM but for some reason I didn't put my name.
I've been on this computer all afternoon reading. It's nice not being responsible for anyone except myself. I've been so busy with reading all the comments I lost track of the time and I haven't stopped to eat today.
Michelle, I'm praising God with you and praying for your sister.
Stephanie's mommy brain I may take you up on your offer to explain how to set up a blogger account. I never thought about doing this.

Wendy, let me say thank you so much for your teaching. You have created a new world for me. I feel like I'm in a Bible class. A class where we are able to share our thoughts about what we read and give encouragement to each other.

Blogger Brandee said...

Michelle PTL! That is awesome! We are praying with you that they do not have to do the other procedure.

Jennifer Renee I look forward to hearing more from you :) You are a blessing and I am so glad to be on this journey with you in God's Word.

I just listened to a song that my son wanted me to listen to that they played at school today. It is awesome! It is called "O Glorious Day" by Casting Crowns. Here is a link on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw6Gj6FdGUk

Jesus reigns GIGs!

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Michelle,
I'm getting holy goosebumps from your praise report! That is awesome. Praise God for His intervention. Yay!!!

Blogger Val in KY said...

Hi everyone...yeah, finally caught up.

In Joshua 7:18 I wondered how Joshua felt as his tribe was chosen and it was whittled down to his clan, and then to his family and it was one of his own that had sinned. What a reminder to cleanse our homes and invite Christ to reveal what may be hiding to our own destruction.

I wondered what the intensity on his face was in 8:4 when they were ready to go battle Ai again and he said "Listen carefully..." He wanted to make sure this time, everyone was on the same page and obeyed God's command.

Hope everyone has had a good hump day...signing off now to go "clean some house". I know it's later in the evening,but my husband is out of town for a week and I do not sleep well when he's away, so I have to literally wear myself out!

Blessings,
Valerie
Louisville, KY

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi friends,
I just got done writing Psalm 139:23-24 in my journal and asking the Lord to do what it says. I agree it makes me a little nervous but I will just have to let the Lord help me with whatever He shows me.
In the reading today I also noted Joshua 9:14 about not consulting the Lord. I need to make that a habit in my life to always go to Him first.
Thanks for all the wonderful comments
Debbie

Blogger beachsand said...

You all make such wonderful post. It makes me weep. Praying for you all. Thank you for praying for my son Andrew and his family. My blog name is beachsand, but it is really Judith.
Thank you, thank you

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love to come to this computer and visit with all of you. You all bring out such great points.

In Joshua 7:21 it tells the progression of sin.
I saw
I coveted
I took

This is the same progression of Eve's sin in Genesis 3:6, where it says she saw...that the fruit was good for food
it was a delight to the eyes...coveted
she took and ate.

This is the same progression of any sin. Maybe we see a pair of shoes we covet, or a new dress, or a BOX OF CHOCOLATES...and we say just this little bit won't hurt me. Just this once. But...

Satan attacks us in every emotion...our eyes...we saw,
our mind...Satan raises doubt
our heart...it will do me good
our appetite...you fill it in here
pride of life...look how much prettier I'll be with that dress/shoes/whatever.

BE SURE YOUR SINS WILL FIND YOU OUT.

You all hold me accountable, and I am glad. I have learned so much from books that I usually skip over in the Bible. Not any more!
Thank you all so much for adding so much to my life.

Jan TN

Blogger Linda in PA said...

I feel so blessed to be apart of this "family". Thank you all so much for your wonderful insights into the Word of God.

I too loved the "Get up" message. I tend to ponder too long. Lord thank you for speaking to me through your Word.

Gossip creeps in so easily. Tonight talking to a friend that was removed from my life when I first became a believer on 9-11. We were reconnected at my mom's heaven day celebration (funeral). I believe the Lord separated us because of gossip and I was such a newbie in Him that we had to part as friends. Tonight instead of ending the conversion when it turned to gossip, I turned the gossip into sharing about praying for the person. Love the promptings of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Thanks for prayers a while back for my daughter and her 2nd degree burns. She is doing so much better.

Prayers of faith and praise for everyones requests.

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Hey Girl. Did you know I have that exact same top? (Kolh's I think, right?) In fact, I just wore it on Saturday to Tracie's stepmom's funeral.

Just had to say you have fabulous taste, dahling!

Smiles ~ Rachel

Post a Comment

Home