"When Solomon finished making these prayers and petitions to the LORD, he stood up in front of the altar of the LORD, where he had been kneeling with his hands raised toward heaven. He stood and in a loud voice blessed the entire congregation of Israel."
1 Kings 8: 54-55
1 Kings 8: 54-55
My Take Aways
Something Old:
Hope for all Believers:
Even after murder and adultery God refers David as man of integrity and godliness.
1 Kings 9: 4Something New:
Solomon blessed the people:
May the Lord...
- Be with us as with our ancestors
- Never leave or abandon us
- Give us the desire to do His will in everything and obey His commands
- Keep these words constantly before Him
- May you be completely faithful to the LORD alone is God
- May you always obey His decrees and commands
Fall down in spontaneous praise the next the Lord amazes me.
Love the worship song Lori. It is one of my ALL time favs. Solomon was lifting his hands in the sanctuary. Great song for today.






29 Comments:
Angela,
I want you to know I am praying for you. May God surround you with His presence - His palpable presence that you will have no doubt that it is Him. May He heal you completely. It may take a season but know that He has ordained this. It has gone through His hands. It is not a surprise to Him. On our Sunday night service we are going through the book of Romans. Tonight my Pastor talked about Romans 8:35-39. "35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? 36 As it is written,
“For your sake we are being killed all the day long;
we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, 39 nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."
Rest in that tonight and tomorrow for however long it takes. And since if probably feels that you are in a tight space, remember that it is because Jesus has you in His arms. He is hugging you and protecting you. There really is no better place to be.
((HUGS))
Dear Angela,
I lift you in prayer for healing of mind, body and spirit. God's divine plan for you is at work and He is carrying you in the palm of His hand!
Wendy, I too noticed in 2 Chronicles 6:13 that King Solomon knelt while he prayed his awesome prayer. And the LORD filled the temple yesterday. Today fire flashed down from heaven and burned up the burnt offerings and sacrifices. This puts me in mind of two events;
* Aaron's dedication, and
* Pentecost.
Back in Leviticus 9:24, when Aaron had lifted up his hands and blessed the people, "Fire came out from the presence of the LORD and consumed the burnt offering and the fat portions on the altar. And when all the people saw it, they shouted for joy and fell facedown."
Pentecost is the first day where the Spirit of God came to rest on all believers. His presence fills our temples. Acts 2 describes this first Pentecost in this way:
2Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. 3They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. 4All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other tongues as the Spirit enabled them.
As with Solomon's temple dedication, there were Gentiles in the crowd at Pentecost, and they heard Peter preach to them. (Verse 41) 41Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
Easton's Bible Dictionary says about fire:
Figuratively, fire is a symbol of Jehovah's presence and the instrument of his power (Exodus 14:19; Numbers 11:1,3; Judges 13:20; 1 Kings 18:38; 2Kings 1:10,12; 2:11; Isaiah 6:4; Ezek. 1:4; Revelation 1:14, etc.).
God's word is also likened unto fire (Jeremiah 23:29). It is referred to as an emblem of severe trials or misfortunes (Zechariah 12:6; Luke 12:49; 1 Corinthians 3:13,15; 1 Peter 1:7), and of eternal punishment (Matthew 5:22; Mark 9:44; Revelation 14:10; 21:8).
The influence of the Holy Ghost is likened unto fire (Matthew 3:11). His descent was denoted by the appearance of tongues as of fire (Acts 2:3).
So, the burning bush, the covenant with Abraham, the pillar of fire in the wilderness, the burning of the offerings in Leviticus and 2 Chronicles, and on and on... to Acts, fire denotes God's presence and power. Let us kneel in awe before our Lord who fills us with His presence and guides us with His light. And let our light shine to others through the power of the Holy Spirit in us. AMEN
Lastly, on this long post, the cities Solomon gave Hiram in 1 Kings 9:10-14. I looked those up too, and because the story continues tomorrow, I think I will save what I found out about them until then (wink).
Morgen, all those places are great. You will love Lucerne. And when you go up the Rhine to Germany, you will pass right through Basel. Enjoy your trip!
Peace-
Karen, Basel
Thanks for the theme song Lori! It's great! :)
Angela,
Praying for you.
Wendy bowing in humility. I like that.
Have a great day everyone.
Lynn
Dear Angela, a prayer for you --
Almighty Father,
we know that you have promised
Never to leave Angela's side
no matter what
Grant her peace and comfort
while she endures this trial
Ever trusting in you
to use all things for good
Let Angela know you are there,
all powerful Father
Always protecting, guiding and
loving her
For this we pray, in Jesus' name.
Amen.
I have a praise report - my daughter and her fiance have been safely guided back from Tennessee.
Thank you, Lord.
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
P.S. My computer formatting skills leave a little to be desired. Angela, that is an acrostic poem using your name. Look at the first letter of every other line.
Michelle
My formatting skills leave a little to be desired.
Angela, that is an acrostic poem using your name. Look at the first letter of every other line.
Michelle
Good Monday Morning Everyone~
Angela, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. May the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort comfort you today. May His comfort over flow in your life (2 Corinthians 1:4-5).
Wendy, I love the challenge of asking God to amaze us so we can praise Him! I will be praying that.
Also I wanted to comment on you talking about being on our knees to pray. Up until the last few months I have always written my prayers in a journal each morning, but I felt God nudging me to change up my routine and for me, step out of my comfort zone and speak my prayers out loud. I have always been very intimidated to do that. Writing was easy for me. When I pray in my head I get too easily distracted so I needed to write to keep myself on track. It was a slow work in progress with the praying aloud thing. It was hard at first and really girls, it just felt weird. But over the months and the more I have done it the more I want to pray and that is the way I want to pray now. I get up every morning and have my quiet time at my kitchen table. My praying spot has become kneeling beside my table close to my bookshelf with all my Bible things. Since I have started being on my knees and praying out loud I have seen God work, and when I do His Spirit fills me so that I am praying what He wants me to be praying. He has shown me things by doing this that I would not have known otherwise. Revealed things to my heart and Spirit that is only from Him, things I could not have known otherwise. It has been truly life changing for me. Like I said, it was stepping out of my comfort zone, but once I did it was so worth it.
I had several take aways from today's reading. One of them was concerning the very familiar passage in 2 Chronicles 7 that we so often pray for our nation. I paid attention to the verse before it this time, verse 13. God will allow things to happen to get us to turn to Him. I was just reading Lysa's "Becoming More than A Good Bible Study Girl" last night and she talks about praying the dangerous prayers. Not the bless me, my children, my family prayers, which are good, but also praying the prayers to be transformed and changed more into the image of Christ. That is done through humility and trials. As someone said not long ago, I think it was G&P, have often do we pray "God purge me. Get rid of all that is in my life that is not of You, mold me and transform me." That is not an easy prayer to pray because that means things will have to go and be taken out of our lives that still hang onto the worldly and sinful desires. My to do today is to humble myself before God, pray, set myself apart and follow the Lord with integrity and godliness. Now I am adding to ask Him to amaze me so I can praise Him all the more as well :)
You all have a blessed day! I am fighting a cold so I am going to be taking it easy and trying to do some things around the house as I feel up to it. We are in the LAST week of Kindergarten. I can't believe the year is over already! I am ready for my son to be home though. We are both looking forward to lots of time in the pool.
Love,
Brandee, TN
Dear Angela, May God give you peace and strength, and may He hold you securely in His healing hands, that you may feel His comforting presence. You are in my prayerwork, surrounded by pink ribbons of hope. Jacque
Angela, I'm not a fancy 'pray-er' like many here, but I'm praying for you.
Karen, I love your research! Can't wait to see what you share tomorrow. I wondered why Hiram didn't like his cities!
Brandee, I pray the same way mostly, with my prayer journal, but have also been feeling as if I need to do more. I have been praying during some of my regular alone times, like when I'm making dinner, but I want to learn more about prayer. Growing up, the only person I ever saw pray was our pastor, and I usually got lost there. Have you read Kay Arthur's '28 Days to Prayer?' I've been thinking about reading that to learn more ... I've heard it's good ...
Two thing jumped out at me today. First, that King Solomon was publicly praying for and blessing Israel. Over the weekend I read an article about creating a family blessing and praying it regularly over your children, and this just seems like the perfect thing to adapt for that purpose.
Secondly, that Chronicles follows so closely to Kings. I love the added detail, but word for word, most things are the same! How amazing is it that thousands of years later, we have two accounts written and recorded by two different people who knows when that tell us what happened so long ago? How amazing is God to create and preserve these accounts to show us His truths and way and our spiritual heritage?
We went away to visit my parents for the weekend, so I'm just getting back and unpacking. Can't wait to go back and read and catch up!
Good morning precious friends in Christ--Just wanted to take this oportunity to tell each of you how you bless me with your prayers, insights, encouragement, love for the Lord and love for each other. I am so thankful that God led me to this study with each of you, and Wendy -thank you so much for your sacrifice and faithfulness to Him. We love you. As I listened to you today I was reminded of a verse that I pray frequently. It is Phil.2:13 Amplified(Not in your own strength) for it is God Who is all the while effectually at work in you (energizing and creating in you the power and desire), both to will and to work for His good pleasure and satisfaction and delight."
Love and prayers for all,
Lyn
Good Morning to Everyone,
Sweet Angela, thank you for letting us pray for you. May you never doubt your Fathers presence and power within you. May His gentleness guide you through your steps each day. He will be with you every step, ready to carry your burden for you. "We have this hope, a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters the inner shrine behind the curtain" (Heb. 6:19)
Soloman’s prayer, is going to be part of my daily prayer, now - “May [you] give me the desire to do [your] will in everything and to obey all the commands, decrees, and regulations that [you] gave my past ancestors” (I Kings 8:58).
“Then the king and all Israel with him offered sacrifices to the Lord” (62). Today, God still deserves our sacrifices. Tithing. Serving. Our gifts. Our talents.
My New: Today, I know that there is another sacrifice that we can give him all day long, that I totally missed reading last year: “Make thankfulness your sacrifice to God” (Psalm 50:14), “But giving thanks is a sacrifice that truly honors me”(Psalm 50:23). “therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.” (Heb. 113:15). Ladies, this is a gift we can offer our Father, morning, noon, and night! All day long!
To Do: Lord, humbly I come before you to offer up my praises and thanks for all you have done for me. I seek to be truly devoted to You. Please accept my gifts of praises and thanks. They seem so small compared to everything you have given me.
Not too long ago, I was given a job that really I did not want to do in my heart. I knew I needed to do it, to show respect to a particular person. I asked God, more like pleaded to God, “to give me a desire, to do this particular job from my heart, not to do it because I had to do it.” I prayed it everyday for a month while I was doing it, and ladies it does work! When we are doing something that God wants us to do, we can ask him “to give us a desire.” God is there waiting to help us. He really does want us turning our heavy loads over to Him.
Seeking to please my Father today, Lori
Wendy, Thank you for the link to my song – Friday morning I fell in complete awe as this song came on my ipod. The visual of our group in a circle, clapping and lifting our hands up to Him and praising him - worshipping and adoring him with all of our might!
It felt like heaven!
Wendy, some time ago you told us to check out the differences between commands, decrees, and regulations. Sigh. I still have yet to do this, but today I am even more curious as to how they are different.
Welcome Lyn! Thank you for sharing and reminding us that it is His strength - in us that allows us to do everything! He gives us the desire and the energy!
Thank you all for your prayers! I am so fortunate to have so many friends talking to God on my behalf. I know that God is in control!
Angela
Amy, my hesitation to praying aloud was always that I was not going to sound eloquent like others I had heard pray aloud. I could not form prayers like they did. I can't write like so many of our dear sisters on here either. And you know what, that is ok :) God just wants us to pour our hearts out to Him and praying scripture is a good way. If you find a scripture you want to pray write it in your journal. I still use my journal to keep requests in but I use it as a guide now and not where I really write things out. I will take the time to write out answers and praises some though. They are all mixed in with my study notebook for this site, in my fast and pray day journal and my regular one I use all the time. I now use a red pen instead of blue or black when I am recording answers and praises so I am drawn to them quickly and can can easily see what God has been doing. I know Lori keeps a GODStop journal that she writes in all the time. I do that a little, but mine is really just scattered throughout all my other stuff. I have not ever read that Kay Arther book but I bet it would be wonderful! Another really good prayer book is called "The Power That Changes Everything" by Stormie Omartian. I read through that a couple of summers ago with one of my close friends and it was perfect for each of us in what we were going through in our lives at the time. I highly recommend it. It has things to read, then a prayer, key scriptures and even some questions you can answer at the end of each chapter. It is all about praising God in everything and it is just great!
I would start just by telling God you want to get closer to Him through prayer. He will answer that prayer because He wants to talk to you :)
Dear Angela, praying grace, mercy & wisdom for you & your family as you go through this difficult journey. May the LORD,YAHWEH-RAPHA who heals both body & soul be with you.(Exodus 15:26). A prayer that might help, Psalm 118:14 "He is my strength & song in the heat of battle, & now He has given me the victory" May your victory be complete & bring praise to our mighty God.
Something I didn't know; 1Kings 9:10-14 Solomon after 20years of building the Temple & his palace gives Hiram (Huram another spelling of the name) 20 towns (one each year?). Hiram was not happy with these town. He thought they were worthless. I wonder if this will cause trouble later on?
It is funny or is it? This morning as I was praying I was moved to pray on my knees. I then did my reading, Solomon is kneeing in prayer & praise. After I finished doing my journal, I went on the blog & what do my wondering eyes see & heard, kneeing in prayer/praise of the LORD. Do you think something is going on? Maybe the Lord is telling me to get on my knees more often in my prayer life??? OK God I get the message! Thank You for Your guidance to a better prayer life with You. I pray 1Kings 8:58 'May He give us (me) the desire to do His will in everything & to obey all the commands, decrees, & regulations that He gave our ancestors.' Amen Lord!
Blessings & Peace Mary
Good Morning All!
Prayers for Angela added to those we are already praying for.
Did you ever wake up with the "blahs"? Silly question, I guess because we are all so human. Well the devil is fighting with me and trying to steal my joy.
I have so much to do around the house - I have six little rescued dogs that make little messes times six. And two big people messes. I used to be on a blog called FlyLady who encouraged us about organization and cleaning. She called cleaning etc. - giving your home a blessing. So my to do
As I go thru my chores today - bless my house and people with each one of them. Dishes to do - thank God I have food to put on them, windows to wash, thank God for letting the beauty of creation shine in and on and on.
I was reminded last week as I sat on my patio reading that I had to get up and put washed clothes in the dryer - ugh - interruptions! Then I thought of my mother whose method of drying clothes (in an apartment setting) was to stand on a chair at the top of a flight of stairs and lean over a window that only opened at the top and hang the clothes on a line that extended over the roof next door. I can still picture it. She did that for over 40 years. Why didn't I thank her and maybe even help her? So I will bless my washing machine today and my dryer and the fact I have so many clothes to wear and belatedly say - Thank you Mom for all your sacrifices for your family. Rest now in peace.
Thank you Dear God for the sacrifice of your only begotten Son so that all my sins are forgiven and forgotten. Amen
Now off to bless my house! If I have time I may even bless my car.
With love . Dixie in Florida
Brandee, Michelle, Lori, Karen, Rhonda, Morgen,Jacque, Trustin Him in NC. Thank you all for your prayers. I feel God is watching over Ryan and I. He sent all your prayers into our hearts. Michelle, Your HOPE peom is so encouraging. Thank you Lord for all your prayer warriors.
Good Monday morning GIG!
Dear Lord: I lift up Angela and her family to You today. She has gotten news she didn't care to get. News that wasn't news to You. I pray Lord that Angela will receive and process this news thru Your filter. Satan means to counterfeit it with feelings of fear, trepidation, and panic. You Lord, mean to preserve it within the framework of Love that You intended it to be. May Angela draw so near to You during this time that nothing can separate the two of You. Bless Angela as she steps forth in faith...give her the desire to cling to You and to continue to bless Your Name. Amen.
Good reading today...I will be getting more prostrate in my prayers. I will bless my Jesus..and like Dixie is doing...I will bless and thank Him in and for everything.
Taking care of His temple.
Karen...I'll give a shout out as a pass your way in about 3 weeks!
Morgen
Anglea...May our merciful Father hold you in the palm of His hand and bring you safely through the fire...May His peace surround you and your family...I will keep you in my prayers
My nugget was the 1Kings 5:58...Like Wendy mentioned, I do not always have the desire to do His will...but I know that I will be much better off if I do...
Also when God speaks to Solomon..2 Chron 716.."For I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be holy(as we are set apart--mine)--a place where my name will be honored forever. I will always watch over it, for it is dear to my heart." I love that He has chosen me to be His and that I am dear to His heart...Thank you Jesus...
Have a wonderful day
Blessings, Sue
Hello Everyone from the OBX in NC!
My family is here enjoying the beauty and awesomeness of God's creation and celebrating our daughter's college graduation.
Michelle, thank you for asking about my Uncle George. He made it through surgery and today was moved from ICU to the step down unit. He has not taken care of himself, so the doctors are saying he has a lot of heart damage and we will have to see how he recovers. Thank you all for prayers on his behalf and my family.
You all are in my prayers and I am so thankful for your insights, creativity, openess as we encourage one another, spur each other on, and pray for one another. God is so good, all the time!
Blessings to you!
Michelle---VA
Angela,
I just went back to see the vlog and wanted to let you know that you and your family are in my prayers. I pray that God will surround you with his neverending love, strength and His peace that surpasses all understanding as you walk this journey with God.
Psalm 37
23 The Lord directs the steps of the godly.
He delights in every detail of their lives.
24 Though they stumble, they will never fall,
for the Lord holds them by the hand.
I pray that you will feel God holding you by the hand walking this path before you.
Praying for healing for you in the name of Jesus,
Michelle in VA
Praying for Angela and her family, particularly that God keeps them close in the palm of His hand and meet them right where they are in this time of pain.
The challenge of asking God to amaze me so that I can praise Him takes courage. Right now, I don't have it, but am praying for it.
What caught my attention today is 1 Kings 8:59b "according to each days needs." "Give us this day, our daily bread" I need to consciously ask for what I need today.
His,
Gaylene
Good afternoon, GIGs! Lori, I played this song as I did laundry load #1....loved it! Thanks so much and Wendy, thank you for putting it on the vlog! I am going to add it to my ipod for an upcoming trail race--this song will truly help me stay energized!
Angela, you and your precious family are in my prayers! Thank you for letting us pray for you all.
Brandee, thank you for sharing how you pray. I love how we are all learning from each other.
Jennifer Rose, I am so proud that you did the elliptical! That is a great machine! Keep up the good work!
Karen, I loved how you pulled in Pentecost with this lesson! Thank you for your insight.
My nugget was 1 Kings 8:58-59. I have been praying for God to place desires in my heart and that of my family to do His will in His timing. And now, I see the scripture reference. :)Today was a great reading.
Thank you for the birthday wishes on Saturday! Y'all are so sweet! It was a wonderful one! 29 and holding as I say!!
Hugs!
Susan
Father, in the name of Jesus, I come to you right now first thanking you for this day that you have blessed all of us with. I ask that you will be with Angela as she faces any challenges that come with having breast cancer. Give her peace that passes all understanding and give her the strength and the words she needs to tell her children about it. Lord, you have healed so many people of breast cancer, my grandmother included, and I know you will heal Angela. Comfort her during this difficult time in her life and bless her continuously with loving and supportive people in her life. Continue to encourage and bless each one of us here on Wendy's blog who is facing trials or sickness in their lives right now. I pray for Rick, Kelly, Will, and everyone else who stop by this corner of the internet world. Amen.
The choir sang the following song last night at church and it blessed me.
It Is Well With My Soul
Verse 1.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way,
When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Chorus
It is well, with my soul,
It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Verse 2.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,
Let this blest assurance control,
That Christ has regarded my helpless estate,
And hath shed His own blood for my soul.
Verse 3.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
Verse 4.
For me, be it Christ, be it Christ hence to live:
If Jordan above me shall roll,
No pang shall be mine, for in death as in life
Thou wilt whisper Thy peace to my soul.
Verse 5.
But, Lord, ’tis for Thee, for Thy coming we wait,
The sky, not the grave, is our goal;
Oh, trump of the angel! Oh, voice of the Lord!
Blessed hope, blessed rest of my soul!
Verse 6.
And Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,
The clouds be rolled back as a scroll;
The trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,
Even so, it is well with my soul.
Father God,
We Praise you for who you are! You are full of mercy, gentleness and unfailing love. We pray for Angela, Kelly and Rick as they are going through this cancer. I can personally understand what you are going through as I am a survivor of cancer. I pray for God's peace that surpasses all understanding to you and your loved ones. We pray that the Lord will keep you encouraged and your spirits lifted up during this time. I humbly ask you Lord for a complete healing for Angela. We pray this for Kelly and Rick too in the name of Jesus who is our healer. Thank you Father for the privilege of praying for others.
Amen.
Lord- My prayer- the desire to obey you always, even if afraid, do it anyways.Thank You Jesus.
Blessings to you all this Monday afternoon.
Love, Debra
I was curious as to how long the temple and Jerusalem remained, so I
searched for answers. In the Rose Book of Timelines, they appear to have lasted 373 years, until King Neb of Babylon destroyed them. Of course, this was after Israel divided into 2 kingdoms-Judah and Israel. There was a 70 year captivity during Jeremiah, Daniel, and Ezekiel's time.
All this to say, God kept His Word and as in IKings 9, when Israel disobeyed, He uprooted them and made them a mockery among the nations.
How sad that this happened, but I too am a sinner and disobey God's commands.
Persia's King Cyrus allows the Jews to rebuild the temple, which is another story.
What a promise in 2Chron.7:14. America needs forgiveness of sins and restoration. I need forgiveness and restoration, also.
The cities have me curious...
Weren't 1 & 2 Chronicicles where the history of Israel was recorded. David actually had historians writing.
Don't forget to check out my new blog everyone.
Praying for you and your loved ones.
Linda from Ark.
Angela, I'm praying for you to feel God's presence and strength and also for comfort for you and your family while you begin this journey. Amen.
I highlighted 1 Kings 8:56-61 in my Bible. vs. 66 caught my eye, "They blessed the king and then went home, joyful and glad in heart for all the good things the Lord had done for his servant David and his people Israel." (NIV)
I love the phrase "joyful and glad in heart for all the good things the Lord had done.."! I've been asking God all day to help me be joyful and glad in my heart!
Happy Monday everyone!
Good morning ladies
Lord here were are to honour and to worship you. You are the same yesterday, today and forever. we are here to tell you lord that we love you. Life may bring challenges with it, as our Lord Jesus told us in this world you will have many troubles. but take heart, i will be with you always. Our sister Angela is facing the many troubles in life today and we pray Lord that you will be with her and her dear family. Lord may you be her comfort at this time of challenges. as so many questions come to her mind, lord may you be the answer.
We pray for divine and eternal healing lord for Angela, we know you can heal her if you so desire to do it. lord please in tears in our eyes we beg you to spare Angelas life. may you restore that which the enemy has stolen from her. may you allow her to see her children grow up and become mothers and fathers. Lord you are able to do this and when you do it, please allow us to be careful to say thank you.may we humble ourselves and worship you all the days of our lives.
lord even all the other loved ones represented in this assembly, including Ryan, baby Gabriel , may your hand of healing continue to operate in their lives. when you heal, you do it completely and we pray you will do that for all these loved ones struggling with sicknesses in their bodies. Lord we thank you for the healing, we thank you for hearing when we call, we thank you that our hope and strength comes from you alone. we worship you and honour you this morning. you are worthy all praise and adoration.
Michelle, thanks for upping Prayers for wangui, i know our Lord will come through very soon.
good day all ladies.Lots of rain here in melbourne this morning. we thank God for every drop that falls in this dry land.
Loice
Dear Angela, it is nice to hear from you and a privilege to pray for you. I hope you will feel comfortable to come to this blog and share whenever you wish. You are surrounded by women who care so much, and will continue to pray for your journey.
Gaylene— the same verse popped out to me too-- 1 Kings 8:59b "according to each days needs."
I grew up in a huge family, with many needs of course, and so I was programmed to save everything “in case I might need it”, and to “stock up” when I could, etc. Well, with our 5 kids it did help to know how to be thrifty and frugal. But with a “poor mentality” (aka hoarding!) I am not giving God a chance to step in and show me His abundance! This is what I struggle with— to remember that I only need to take care of today, with God’s provisions, and trust that my needs will be met. So, I am learning (with baby steps) that I don’t need nearly as much as I thought. And it is so joyful to give, because it helps me feel rich (certainly not by US standards, but in the eyes of the world, I am enormously wealthy)!
This actually follows along the theme of Flylady, right Dixie? (I am so grounded in Flylady’s philosophy… it was thrilling to see her name on this site!) It is about clearing out what does not really bless me, and then blessing others with it. This is part of the harmony I am seeking in my home. And when we are able to trust that God will take care of us “according to each day’s needs,” we don’t need to hang on to everything anymore. It is very freeing.
Blessings,
Jacque
Post a Comment
Home