"Search for the LORD and for His strength; continually seek Him."
Psalm 105:4
Psalm 105:4
Friends-
I was up late recording loaded the video and there was no sound. Par for the week. I apologize. Hopefully I can record again and get the video up later today or tomorrow. I am painting our playroom this weekend so time is precious.
Again-I am very sorry.
My Take Aways
Something Old:
Just "thrilled" that I knew what that which the Psalmist was referring to as he retold the story of the Israelites. I did not need Cliff notes. Smile
Something New:
Psalm 106:12-13
Call for His help, believe His promises, then forget what He has done for me.
Psalm 106:14Keep my desires in check with the Lord's desires for me.
Something to Do:
Search and seek will all I have for evermore-continually






27 Comments:
I thought someone would be here by now... Wendy I picked the same verse in psalm 105 as well. Haven't finished the reading. I'm basically just saving my spot to get the comments via email. Going to bed now.
See you when I get up.
Very sorry to not have your video this morning, Wendy. Great Psalms. Remind me that we have to be faithful to God and never forget all He has done. God is always faithful, even when we are not.
I liked reading this history of the Israelites and being able to say, "I remember that!" too!
The opposites in Psalm 106 caught my attention. In verse 40 it says that "He abhorred His special possession [His people] and then further down in 45 "He remembered His covenant with them and relented because of His unfailing love." How awful that they [we, me!] are sinful and disobedient to God! I don't want to be abhorrent to Him ... but how WONDERFUL is He to relent and to love us no matter how terribly we behave! The Israelites seem to have forgotten how wonderful He is and so got all hung up on themselves and so strayed away. Seems like we [I] need to do lots more praising like yesterday to remember just how blessed and loved I am by Him - and how totally amazing He is! :-)
Teeny, I'm praying for Sarah.
Grace and Peace, I looked up Babylon after reading your comment yesterday (probably should've done that first, but I SO love the knowledge you share!) I didn't think it would be so easy to find out about the Hussein/Nebuchadnezzar claim, and I had no idea he started to rebuild Babylon. I guess if it has to be destroyed then it has to be rebuilt, so we're still waiting for that, too?? You are teaching me so much - thank you!
I have to share something .... yesterday we went to the state farmer's market and bought 9 dozen ears of corn to freeze for the winter, as I do each year. Last night my daughter decided to help me (usually I do this after they're in bed) so she settled down to husk corn. She helped with that and then washed each ear, labeled all the bags, and filled them - all. She was doing so well that I let her stay up and she worked with me until we finished at 11:30. Despite the heat (101 yesterday) and the hard work and the occasional worm or beetle, she happily worked to preserve the corn for our winter supply. She's such a neat girl! :-)
Now for a 'break' day and some playtime with the kids .... :-)
Good morning, GIGs,
Praising Him for the glorious weather we have been enjoying for weeks here in New England. Hot and dry, but I'll take it (smile).
Jen Ren, how are you doing? I got such a smile out of thinking of you tubing last weekend! What fun! Any more plans for the summer?
Amy, Andi sounds like a little Proverbs 31 woman in the making. Picturing the two of you brought tears to my eyes. (Does anyone else out there tear up a lot when you're in a stage of joyfully praising Him each day. I have to make sure I always have a tissue in my pocket!)I pray that someday Andi will be on a blog like this telling her Sisters in Christ about the wonderful times she had with her godly mother, Amy!
Okay, my nugget for today (Psalm 106:12-14)
" Then his people believed his promises,
Then they sang his praise
Yet how quickly they forgot what he had done!
They wouldn't wait for his counsel!
In the wilderness their desires ran wild.
testing God's patience in that dry wasteland."
My to do: Stay daily, hourly, constantly in His presence through reading His word each morning and watching Wendy, through writing, pondering while exercise walking, praising while making dinner, listening to music while doing the dishes, through the shows I may watch (caught a good one on Daystar)and through other reading (I'm into a Beth Moore book.) By doing all that, how could I ever "forget what he had done," or not "wait for his counsel". I'm waiting for his counsel right now on when I should visit my newly-married daughter in Tennessee. I'm not moving 'til the cloud moves (smile).
Have a blessed, 4:8 day all!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Good Friday all!
New: Psalm 106:15 "So He gave them what they asked for, but He sent a plague along with it"....be careful what I ask for.
Old: "His faithful love endures "forever"....do I really GET what forever means? Hallelujah Lord!
Nugget: Many times in today's reading it talks about "rejoicing"....so today, with joy I will rejoice...rejoice in Jesus and praise Him!
Morgen
My take from today is the last 2 verses. A prayer for OUR nation.
"Save us, O LORD our God!
Gather us back from among the nations
So we can thank your holy name
and rejoice and praise you.
Praise the LORD, the God of Israel, (our God of our nation)
who lives from everlasting to everlasting!
Let ALL the people say, "Amen!"
PRAISE THE LORD!
As I am quoting this, it reminds me that there were no punctuation marks in Hebrew.
these chapters are great for reading to our children so they know the story line of what God did for them, day after day. After all those miracles V.24 " The people refused to enter the pleasant land, for they wouldn't believe His promise to care for them"
LORD help us to always know that YOU are working in our lives and we must never refuse to do what you ask us to do. That we always be so intune to you that we know when and what you are asking us to do, that we never tell you that we don't have time because we are doing so much, that we understand that YOU know the best for us even when YOU lead us through the fire. Purify us O LORD. Be it always so.
Donna - TX
Hi GIG's:
I have been negligent in my comments this week - keeping up with my reading, though. It is been HOT and I have trouble thinking. How do you southern gals do it?!! My married daughter has come over ever day with the Little Bryan and Miss Hannah, as I have central air. It has been fun, but oh my, this grandma is way off schedule!
I, too, love reading the Psalms and the way they were put in July.
So refreshing.
Wendy - Computers and technology are not perfect! It was still a blessing to "hear" - read your words!
Michelle - I understand what you are saying, re: waiting for the right time to visit your newlywed daughter. Been there!
Rhonda in New York State
Psalm 105; 19 until the time came to fulfill His word, the lord TESTED Joseph’s character. How is the Lord testing me? Am I measuring up to His will for me?
Psalm105:45 Al this happened so they would follow his decrees and obey his instructions.
Praise the Lord!
Dear Sweet Sisters, I just have to tell you about my thrilling day yesterday…I’m behind reading your posts as was gone most of the day…but, will get caught up this weekend! Yesterday, Wendy gave us the assignment, and off I went to praise and thank the Lord on my walk! I did not get two steps out the front walkway, when I heard myself saying, “Lord, help me today, I want to give you praises and thanks all day long!...Mercy, I had flunked the assignment already! Needless to say, I reworded it and said, “today, dear Lord, I am going to give you all my thanks and praises…You thrill me dear Father.” So, off I went, --- this normally is apart of my beginning and ending of my daily walk…but, there is a l o n g period in-between where I spend ‘requesting!’ As I walked, first his “deliverance came to mind.” Aahh, how sweet to think about this, how He has delivered me and is continuing to deliver me from my earthly desires and idols…then, He whispered, “You, Lori are my friend!” Okay, needless to say, I was floored, as I thought about Him hand-picking me to be His personal friend. That I was apart of his chosen circle – can u imagine, dear friends - The God of Heaven’s Armies choosing us? A chosen daughter of His! Only a few are picked out, and we are among those few! Our names engraved on His hands, written down in His Book of Life! Goose-bumps, sisters! Here I was supposed to be thanking Him, and He was thrilling me! Then, it hit…two heavy burdens I was carrying, that so badly I wanted to lift up to Him, to let Him carry them for me. I thought, - how can I go today, carrying these burdens, when so badly I want to give them to Him. Do you know what came next? Sisters, He said, “Daughter Lori, Jesus is in your heart, did you forget? He is your advocate, He knows your requests and He is standing in the gap today for you, lifting up those requests to Me! He knows your prayers before you even do sweet princess! HOLY GOOSEBUMPS!!! Then, as I was listening to Him, the burden was lifted and the blanket of peace overcame me! Talk about being thrilled off the cement! And, hear I was, suppose to be thanking Him!
Fast forward…to my drive to Mayo’s…I’m with Mema now in the car…this is when the enemy decides to strike! The thoughts come in my head, “why am I the one that has to do this today, why can’t her own daughter take her to the doctor!” The enemy uses this every time to drive the wall between my mother and myself, ladies…as I was trying to turn these thoughts over to God, what pops out of Mema’s mouth: “Lori, look at the bouncing clouds! Can you believe the beauty that surrounds us! The purple mountains, the desert flowers, the miles of colored hills in the distance. Ha-ha! My 94 year old grandma who is not saved, is seeing the glory of God all around us! Goosebumps again! Together, we talk about God’s beautiful creation…I thank God for this opportunity I have with my grandma. Fast forward…we are thru now with her physical and on a different floor waiting for surgery. Leaving out many of the details that happened, for lack of time/space I see with my own eyes, this frail little women who is helpless. I hear God telling me that I am picked by Him to care for her needs. I’m struck by His tenderness. She is not even saved girls, and He is watching over her! He has put me in her path to make sure every need of hers is taken care of! Then, I leave while they perform the surgery and they bring me back in to talk about the after-care. I see her pained on the table. Stitches all over her little face. It’s all I can do to look and God allows me to feel her pain and mercifully as only He can do he pours compassion into me for her. For the first time, truly I feel a desire to serve her from my heart. Now, don’t get me wrong, I love my grandma – in fact behind my husband, and sister, she’s one of the closest people (continued...)
to me. But, there is always this wedge that the enemy seeks to thicken…I begrudge the fact that I have to do all the work for her rather than her only daughter (my mother). The verse comes alive that we read just a few days ago re: taking care of the helpless…God chose me to stand in the gap for her, to care for her like no one else can! Goosebumps again, dear sisters! Fast forward…laying in bed last night. The vision of her face appeared in my mind. I thought I was going to pass out – only I was lying down! (I am a wimp) Then, I saw Jesus on the cross! I felt His pain, like I’ve never felt it before! I spent time in prayer thanking my Father for Jesus. Oh, sisters I wish we were sitting around the table face-to-face, where I could share more details. But, the tape on Mema’s face came to my mind. I remembered how her eye was pulled by the tape. They needed to heavily bandage her face and cover it with tape for the first 24 hours. I knew she was helpless, as she never asks for any help…she’s got a lot of pride in her. At 94, she is an amazing woman. But, God brought this to my attention. I got out of bed, and called her house and spoke with her care-giver. I said, do you think you could please remove just the top of that piece of tape as I remember now, it was pulling her eye down and I think this would be hard for her to sleep. Also, could you put some Vaseline on her lips, as they probably are dry and give her a few sips of water. The lady was so sweet. She reassured me that she would and that she would watch her and peek in on her all night. Oh, ladies - God. He has given me a sincere desire to care for her. Here I was, set out to thank Him and praise Him all day long, and I did…but, look what He did for me?!!! I laid back down, and was overcome by His love all over again! Why me? Ladies, all we have to do is seek to know Him each day. He so badly is waiting to personally thrill us! He thrilled me over and over and over again-to the inner most parts of my being! I could not wait to sign on and shout his mighty deeds with you all! I love u Jesus! I love you all, too!
Wendy, daily I ask Him to fill you up with words that we need to hear. (I did not ask him yesterday, smile)…Daily, he answers my prayer! Your assignment yesterday was specifically meant for me! Thank you sweet teacher! I love you! Blessings favorite GIG! Lori
Hi Everybody…..Wendy….understanding is there. Paint away!!
Psalm 106.…
*The Text gives the site of each sin:
….Egypt (7), Our ancestors in Egypt were not impressed by the LORD’s miraculous deeds. They soon forgot his many acts of kindness to them. Instead, they rebelled against him at the Red Sea.
….the dessert (14), In the wilderness their desires ran wild, testing God’s patience in that dry wasteland.
….the camp (16), The people in the camp were jealous of Moses and envious of Aaron, the LORD’s holy priest.
….Horeb (19), The people made a calf at Mount Sinai; they bowed before an iage made of gold.
….in their tents (25), Instead, they grumbled in their tents and refused to obey the LORD.
….Baal-Peor (28), Then our ancestors joined in the worship of Ballat Peor; they even ate sacrifices offered to the dead!
….the waters of Meribah (32), At Meribah, too, they angered the LORD, causing Moses serious trouble.
….Canaan (38), They shed innocent blood, the blood of their sons and daughters. By sacrificing them to the idols of Canaan, they polluted the land with murder.
Just Me dissecting the sins…..putting them in order and viewing them this way helped.
I also found this to be interesting by reading the footnotes for Psalm 106:32: At the waters of Meribah they angered God, and Moses suffered because of them.
Footnote for 106:32: Moses suffered because of them: Moses was not allowed to enter the promised land because of his rash words (Nm 20:12). According to Dt 1:37, Moses was not allowed to cross because of the people’s sin, not his own.
Nm 20:12: he shall purify himself with the water on the third and on the seventh day, and then he will be clean again. But if he fails to purify himself on the third and on the seventh day, he will not become clean.
Dt 1:37: “The LORD was angered against me also on your account, and said, Not even you shall enter there,……
Morgen….Will be pondering on this today: Psalm 106:15 "So He gave them what they asked for, but He sent a plague along with it"....be careful what I ask for.
Michelle...yes tears come to my eyes also.
...Amy like Michelle said you are a great Mother. I so love to see Mother's raising there children (what a beautiful image). Our corn is still growing...Mid-August that job is for us. My oldest son has gardening in Him. Our younger days they were beside Me helping. Today He does most of it for Me. You are going to have a great helper one day.
Donna …. “Let all the people say Amen!…………I say Amen!
Rhonda NY…..I was wondering too how the southern girls do it? We did cool off some a shower went through yesterday afternoon. In our good -ole winters you can put on more clothes but summer you can only take off so many (smile).
Have a great weekend everybody. Prayers appreciated for Me tomorrow morning 9 AM…I will be running for Him. All proceeds going to our local hospital.
Giving Thanks and Praise,
Rhonda
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ladies....Just letting you know for some reason my comment always ends up on there twice. Anyway I go and delete one so the comment deleted after me always is Me.
Interesting to see if this one does? Testing...Testing...1 2 3
Rhonda
Rhonda & G&P…you two made me smile…almost lol! –Then, I did lol reading your post Michelle! Honestly, I don’t know what I’d do without this group! Ya’ll --- I just love you guys! All that tech stuff will be where we will be staying; however, hubby and I are going off-tech-yikes, it’ll be hard! But, if he desires this –I can do it, girls! God is going to be my one and only teacher, and I know He will woo me even closer to Him. Does not seem possible! But, with God, all things are!
Rhonda, now, you’ll be just fine at the race, if you can just fore-go any landscaping projects the day before! Smile! RUN RUN RUN!!!
Amy, your little daughter is a keeper! So precious! I, too, love your stories!
Can't wait to read the "thrilling" posts from yesterday!
Today's reading was AWESOME!!!!!
Maybe I'll be back later on if time opens up. Sorry for hogging the blog today with all my posts! smile...i guess i'm just getting some extra ones in since i'll be gone a couple of weeks! ha-ha
lori
Lori, your story about yesterday touched me deeply.You are so obedient, and God clearly acknowledges that.
The Lord has put we "twins" side-by-side for such a time as this. Way too long a story to go into here, but after YEARS of heartache over my mother's failure to support her oftentimes close-to-death daughter (Denise) Denise and I have both become estranged from our selfish mother. My family is now the Hatfields and
McCoys over this issue, and over the care of our elderly father (my parents are divorced.) I am also my dad's main helper. Yes, the Lord has given these jobs to you and to me, and we are being obedient. I delight in supporting
Denise. With my dad, it's usually more duty and obedience -- not much "helper's high" because he is usually difficult. But I can't help but believe that the abundant blessings that the Lord puts into my life are His way of acknowledging my obedience in caring for Denise and my Dad.
I will pray for Mema's comfort and swift recovery from her surgery. I'm so glad He sent you the
Godwink of having Mema admire his beautiful creation! A great, big, sympathetic hug for you, dear Sister.
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Lori...Like Michelle said...Tears filling the eyes. May the Lord Bless and Keep You...May his face shine upon you and always always give you His peace.
What are we going to do while you are gone??
(BIG HUG) to you...Thanks you for showing a true, compassionate, kind, caring, heart to your grandmother and to us. She is blessed to have you.
Rhonda
Rhonda, SAPing for you right now, and I'll set my phone alarm to go off tomorrow when you are at the starting line! Now I just have to go figure out the time zone difference (smile)
Michelle in New England
Amy, that is a beautiful image of you and Andi. She is so sweet and how blessed you are to have such a great helper. My sons and I had a bonding moment like that last night too, but it involved picking nits off their hair. That's why I was up til 3:30 am but we talked, laughed, wondered why God created head lice, and shared while we were nit-picking.
Lori, what a day you had with our Father. Oh, my newly laundered in very hot water pillow is now damp with tears as I read your account of yesterday. Praise God, praise HIM for continually filling us to overflowing. You have been encouraging us to get closer to God and now you show us the result of doing so. "Father, I want what she has!" You are such a blessing, dear sister!
You're in Michigan, aren't you Rhonda. There is no difference. Duh me!
Rhonda,
Godspeed (literally) tomorrow!
Lori,
Praying that Mema recovers quickly. May she hold on long enough to have Jesus in her heart. She thinks creation is beautiful now, wait til Jesus reigns in the new heavens and the new earth. Can't even begin to imagine this world in the un-fallen state.
Michelle,
What Beth Moore book are you reading? And who are the Hatfields and McCoys? Are they in the old testament? (Just kidding ;)
G&P, I wondered why on earth you were up at that hour! This year at our school was THE WORST for head lice. They just came back and came back and came back. Just another stressor in an extremely stressful year that I praise God for getting me through. Thank ya, Jesus! And since no prayers are too little, I'll SAP that those little nits, ha ha ha, go and DO NOT come back!
Michelle in New England
G&P,
The book is "So Long, Insecurity" and it's wonderful.
Michelle
Michelle,
Thanks! I do hope they don't come back. Those little buggers kept me from going to my bible study last night and made me mad at DH because he refused (still does) to be checked. Our enemy uses the tiniest of these critters for spiritual warfare.
That book of Beth's is on my radar. That's one of the books I'm loading on my Nook.
News to share: I finished my New Testament class from Koinonia Institute. Submitted my final yesterday and got my grade today. That makes it the final class for the bronze medallion level. I have learned so much it doesn't even matter whether I get something tangible or not. But it is nice to have something alongside our sons' medals too. :)
Have a blessed day everyone.
Lori, what a magnificient testimony! Hope you're saving these beautiful comments of what God is doing in your life...would make a great book! It would encourage others who are in similar circumstances.
Michelle, praying for your Mother and Father. I know what it is to be a caregiver. May the situation with your Mom be made right. I know God can work through any hurts.
Rhonda, go girl! Your training will pay off! May you energy and strength be anazing for the Lord will be your supply.
Thank you for prayers for my Sarah. She loves the Lord and is quite a testimony at school where she teaches elementary music.
Amy, your words about your children cheer my heart. Keep sharing them with us.
The scriptures today were inspiring. I also latched on to some of the same ones you all shared.
Wendy, loved your thoughts, missed you face-to-face. I know your room will be lovely and can't wait to see it on your vlog. Teeny
Hi friends,
Thank you again for your prayer support. Michelle in New England - I am very honoured that you continue to think and pray for me and my family - esp since I pop on and off so infrequently!
My little man Elliot will be one on Sept 6. He just turned 10 months and is as busy as ever. He is so curious about life and certainly has God's joy in his heart - his eyes are always smiling with laughter - everyone comments on this. We are still not sleeping through the night...I am working on getting rid of the midnight feed as we speak. We have also been dealing with early wake ups...between 5-5:30 am, although in past week it's improved slightly.
I would certainly covet your prayers for my friends re cancer. John is my friend's father and Joleen is my new mom friend. Everywhere I turn these days - this beast of cancer is on the prowl (I lost my dad to cancer and several of my aunts/uncles died very young with it as well and most recently my SIL's mom). I would also appreciate prayers for my own health - still struggling with pain on a daily basis which is affecting my sleep, my mood and my ability to be everything I want for Elliot.
I think of you all often and SAP for your prayer requests just asking the Lord to intervene in all your circumstances (even though I don't get a chance to read them all).
Much love - so excited for she speaks in a few weeks!!! (I still can't believe I am going)
Jodie
And God's word says it best: "Praise the Lord, the God of Israel who lives from everlasting to everlasting! Let all the people say , "Amen!" Praise the Lord!" Psalm 106:48
Gaylene
You all are so GREAT! Thank You. I believe I will be experiencing Him no matter what. I called Mom tonight....she has been thinking about doing it. (walking it). She is going to!!! Singing Praises!!
My Mom is 75 will be 76 in a few weeks. Will be picking her up on the way. She is a trooper. Hope I will be able to do this 30 yrs from now. Putting in her flowers for her....the other day when I was over she was so excited about the patch of impatients I put in in the Spring she just had to take me to see them. They were beautiful. Seeing her excitement...Tells me she is so worth it. Growing up...she never had this. She sacrificed so much for us. I remember one time her trying to put a garden in. It was doing so good. Well one night the cows got out. They were in her garden. They trampled most of it. The disappointment was seen in this daughters eyes.....So back to me putting in her flowers is such a joy...Plus I believe it is giving her thearpy she keeps it weeded, trimmed, and watered. I don't know why I telling this...I guess because God is so Good!!
Should be sleeping great tonight...it has cooled down about 10 degrees....another way God is so Good. I will see about checking in tomorrow...after the run will be heading to sons baseball game at 11 AM about a hr. drive for me to make it on time to watch Him.
Thanks agains so Much!! Michelle yes I am in Michigan. Will be running along Lake Huron. Love yhea all.
Wendy....Hubby said he HONKED 1 big long HONK! I got a LOL when I read that.
G & P...these words will be going through my mind tomorrow morning when running..."Rhonda...(Godspeed)" Lori also RUN RUN RUN!! Teeny you telliing Me to Go Girl!!...and Michelle will be feeling His strength through your prayers.
Good Night All!
Rhnda
Post a Comment
Home