What I Am Studying?
Have you selected a Bible Study to complete this fall? For me, it would not be Fall without participating in Bible Study. Our church offers Discipleship Training classes on Sunday evenings. I will be leading a new study called Anointed, Transformed, and Redeemed: A Study of David. If you are within driving distance of First Baptist Matthews, I would love to have you join me. The time and location are listed on the Where I Will Be page of this site. This class is open to anyone who wants to grow closer to the Lord through in-depth study of His Word.

I am also joining our P31 Staff in reading the book, He Speaks to Me by Christian Author and Speaker, Priscilla Shirer. We are keeping it simple. Our plan is to read a chapter a week. We would love for you to get the book and read it with us. We will be ready to discuss chapter 1 Thursday, September 18. It would be so much fun if you would join us so we can discuss the book in our bloggy world.

Hebrews 4:12 tells us that His Word is alive and active. The only way His Word can be alive and active in us, is if we make sure that it is in us.

What are you studying this fall? Let me know if you can join me.


7 Comments:

Blogger Chaplain Cris Nole said...

Hi Friend,
I am studying Dangerous Surrender by Kay Warren!!!!!! Running my race in a lane called Grace.... Love you!!!

Cris

Blogger Tammy said...

I'm planning on leading the bible study 'What Happens When Women Walk In Faith' by you know who:)

Being the program coordiator for our 'Beyond on the Choice' abortion recovery team,it's not always easy at first to see God's hand at work in women who are struggling with this choice they made.

So, all the ladies who are on the ministry wanted to connect and at the same time be filled with the Word of God.

Blogger Runner Mom said...

Hey, Wendy! Those sound great! I am leading two Bible studies. One is "What Happens When Women Say Yes To God" ! SO excited about this one by Lysa! And, I get to see her tonight in Greenville! I can'r wait!

I am leading another one in a friend's home for her neighborhood ladies called Seeing Through The Lies by Vonda Skeleton. She is a local author here in our town. It's a great book!

I am reading at the moment a book that I hope to have a Bible study on in the winter. It's Behind Those Eyes by Lisa Whittle. Awesome book! I just need more time to read!! Y'all talked about it this summer at She Speaks. Lisa is a darling girl!!

Thanks so much for this post!! I love hearing what others are doing in their studies! How is your Daddy?

Love ya,
Susan

Blogger Wendy Pope said...

Hi Susan
Daddy is doing great. Thank you for asking!

Much love

Blogger MrsProverbs31 said...

Hello Friend,

I am leading a monthly Bible study using The Measure of A Woman by Gene Getz. It's a rather old book, but the principles stand firm. I am also co-leading a weekly Bible study using the Power of A Praying Wife by Stormie Omartin.

I am reading The True Measure of A Woman by Lisa Bevere and The Leadership Secrets of Billy Graham by Harold Myra and Marshall Shelley.

I am also studying the word "Grace", trying to really understand what the Bible says about Grace and What it truly means from God's perspective.

Among the obvious, I'm learning how to nurse a burned child, diaper train another, chauffeur the third, and care for the rest. Then there's the transitional process waiting to take place. Aggggh, Peace...is...

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Hi, Wendy.

So glad to hear (from your above comment) that your dad is doing well. That's awesome.

This Fall, I'll be studying 1 & 2 Samuel with my Precepts Ministries Group.

Our Gather & Grow (or "Assemble and Resemble" "Hang Out and Sprout"...one of the husbands is coming up with funny names because he loves G&G) "What Happens When Women Walk By Faith".

Looking forward to more of His Word!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello my sister, I have relly enjoyed my daily e mails and i always pray the prayer outloud is seems to be just what i needed. May God Bless and keep up the good work.

Post a Comment

Home