I love, love, love all your insights. I am learning so much from you. Thank you for sharing what God is teaching you. It has been my prayer from the very beginning of our journey that the Holy Spirit would lead and teach in our lives and it is evident that He is answering my prayers. Thank you Jesus! I give you the glory!
Many of you commented on the way the Israelites pooled their resources, their time, and their talents for the greater good, the building of the tabernacle. "I" had planned on writing about that today but the Lord lead me somewhere else. He leads I follow.
Honestly, I was "skimming" over some of the repeated details until I came to 37:9:
"The cherubim faced each other and looked down on the atonement cover. With their wings spread above it, they protected it."
Isn't that beautiful? Can you get a visual of this display? I found a great image. Oh, it gets better. Wait until you see how the LORD tied the details of this project together.
Bezaleel-the craftsman God appointed to build the ark. His name means: (Are you ready for this?) in the shadow; under His protection. Did you connect the dots with the meaning of his name and the fact the eagle's wings spread to protect the mercy seat. Remember the mercy seat is where the presence of the LORD dwells. Can you picture the lampstand lit, casting a shadow over the mercy seat?
I discovered 6 different scriptures (NIV) that include the words "shadow of your wings. Click over and read them. Then I found a verse that uses the words "shelter of His wings." Compare this one with the other six. Do you notice the word "tent?"
"I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."
Tent is also translated as tabernacle. The Psalmist is seeking shelter in the tabernacle no doubt from the mercy seat that is protected by the wings of the eagle and built by a man whose name means in the shadow, under His protection.
I hope you saw the picture I saw as I read and studied. Right now the song Mercy Seat is playing in my background. I think it is worth repeating. Listen again with new ears and new eyes, thinking of all that the LORD did in planning His dwelling place.
I hope you saw the picture I saw as I read and studied. Right now the song Mercy Seat is playing in my background. I think it is worth repeating. Listen again with new ears and new eyes, thinking of all that the LORD did in planning His dwelling place.






9 Comments:
Wendy, Ex. 37:9 was the only verse that grabbed my attention as I read today's passage.
Right now our family is needing that covering. We found out late yesterday afternoon that my Dad has cancer. We are trusting the Lord, but still in need of His covering and protection right now.
One thing that I was wondering as I read today was about the repetitive mention of blue, purple and scarlet thread. Over and over again throughout these chapters we have read about those colours. Just wondering if there's any signficance to them. I did try to research them a few days ago, but can find nothing. I don't need to have everything explained, I just wondered if there was a deeper meaning of which I am not aware.
Thanks to all of you who prayed for me yesterday afternoon as I spoke at the Valentine Tea. It was a delightful afternoon. The Lord was so gracious. I shared with the ladies about 'loving BIG' and also about the mystery of God's love, touching on "Job moments" in our lives. Little did I know how much I needed to be reminded of what I shared when only an hour later I was at my parent's hearing my Dad's diagnosis.
Today I take refuge under the shadow of His wings,
Joy
I loved the visual pic. Wendy. That verse became alive! Just thinking about being nestled up close to my heavenly Father under the shadow of His protective wings...this is where I desire to be all day long!
It's Friday~where did this week go?
Happy Weekend everyone!
Lori
Mesa, AZ
Joy, I'm thinking right now about your Dad tucked in tight, under the shadow of God's protective wings. God knows all the details. I will be praying for your whole family.
How appropriate that as I read and visualized the wings covering the ark this morning, I was also praying for a dear family who tragically and suddenly lost an adult daughter yesterday. I am organist at our church, and in discussing music for her service tomorrow, a song "On Eagles Wings" kept coming to mind. Nothing but a "God Thing" in the verses today also talking about the wings!!! Oh how thankful to know that His wing not only cover and protect us, but also lift us and carry us. Please pray for this family as they blidly are carried by Our Father this weekend, for us as we try to provide some comfort in the music at the service, and for our pastor and he ministers to this family amidst his own grief.(The family is lifelong friends of the pastor and his family)
Thank you for your insights, and for those who comment as well. I feel like I am getting to know so many new sisters in Christ!
Kim
North Carolina
Staying right in tune...Ex 37:9 caught my heart this morning and beside it I wrote WOW and thank you LORD.
Also I was amazed by the description of how the gold threads were created ~ thin sheets of gold hammered until very fine and then expertly woven into the fabric...I think there is a message there, as well. We are the gold thread...beginning as something beautiful, then hammered & refined by the master craftsman into something so delicate we can be woven into fabric of the kingdom of God.
Indeed, we are filled & crafted by a great God!
Blessings to all you gifted sisters as we head into the weekend...wishing you all sweet Sabbath and rest.
Special prayers for you, your parents & loved ones Joyful. My heart hears your heart.
Liz
Alaska
Wendy
Thanks so much for the picture, I wanted a visual and it was there.
Something that caught my attention is that almost every thing they built and made had measurements that were divisible by 3. 45, 27, 18, 36. Opps can you tell I'm a number girl. But does that have any meaning. I know the Hebrew language has a numerical value for every letter and when they transcribed and translated it had to match the numerical value or they tore it up and started over. It may have nothing to do with it, It was just something that popped out.
Joy I've prayed for you and your Father and family. I heard this just the other day and maybe it was a word for you. With all the fear that wants to creep in when we hear the word Cancer, stay focused on the truth that God CAN ANSWER.
Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks Wendy for your revelations and diligence.
Lynn - OR
Joy,
My prayers are with you and your family today. I pray God's healing power for your father and I give thanks for the comfort that is in Him. "He give strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint." Isaiah 40:29-31
My mother-in-law just passed from her battle with cancer this morning. She led a good long life and was ready to go and join God in heaven. I am exceedingly thankful that her struggle is over and that she is resting in the arms of the Lord.
Wendy, thank you for your image and the link to the Mercy Seat. They spoke to my heart today. My NIV study Bible also has pictures of the Tabernacle and the furnishings. They are impressive! I also was struck by Bezalel and Oholiab (which means Father's Tent; Father's shrine). They are also heroes but we don't know their names. They carried out the instructions of God "just as the LORD had commanded Moses." In that time, without blue-prints and plans, that is pretty amazing to me! Liz, I also was impressed by the gold thread!
Have a wonderful weekend everyone! I am praying for each of you and immensely thankful for our fellowship!
Karen, CA
Wendy and others, thank you for your comments, I am encouraged by the covering and love of the Lord.
I highlighted Ex. 39:30, Finally, they made the sacred medallion-the badge of holiness- of pure gold. They engraved it like a seal with these words: HOLY TO THE LORD.
When God completes his work in our lives, we will wear the badge of honor for the world to see....Work on me Lord!!
Joy I read in a devotion today:
When Daniel’s three friends—Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego—stood before the opening to a blazing furnace in Babylon, they had one of the most remarkable perspectives found in the pages of world history: “It doesn’t matter if we are thrown into the furnace or not. If God chooses to deliver us, fine. If not, fine. Either way our trust is in Him.”
How often do we face life’s threatening moments with that kind of faithful resolve? It may not be life-or-death persecution for our faith that we face, but we may face a life-or-death situation of another kind: illness, divorce, unemployment, estrangement, or an unspeakable tragedy. But not everyone is delivered as Daniel’s three friends were, so how do we interpret the scriptural promises of protection in light of actual outcomes? Here’s how: we make up our minds about God at the door of the furnace, not once we’re inside. As a result, we are prepared for any outcome. If we are delivered on earth, fine; if we are delivered to heaven, also fine. We let God be in charge of seeing us through our fiery furnaces.
God is our Deliverer (Psalm 18:2), regardless of how, when, and where the deliverance occurs.
I pray you and your family will find complete rest in the days ahead.
Have a wonderful Valentine's Day Everyone!
Debbie - North Carolina
Happy Friday everyone!
Joy, I, too, will be praying for you, your Dad and your whole family. It is not easy to watch a loved one suffer, but we will all continue to lift you and your Dad up to the Lord.
Wendy, the same verse about the cherubim caught my eye as well. I suddenly had that picture of a chicken gathering her little ones under her feathers as described in the Word. Isn't the Lord the coolest?? What a mighty God we serve.
It is so great to finally be caught up with my reading! Please continue to pray for me that the Lord would protect my time with Him each and every day as I long to grow even closer to Him. Thanks!!
OK - time to go! I wish all of you a wonderful, restful weekend....full of happiness and anything made by Hershey's!! (Hee-Hee!)
Blessings,
Lara
Wendy, your post today is beautiful. Thank you for painting such a vivid picture of being hidden in the shadow of His wings...under His protection and care. Your brought these verses to life!!!
Thank you for inviting me to pray for you. God reveals in each and every post His faithfulness to guide and lead you as your shepherd His flock.
Love you,
Wendy 1
Post a Comment
Home