" Not a single one of all the good promises the LORD had given to the family of Israel was left unfulfilled."
Joshua 21:45
Joshua 21:45
My Promise
Psalm 121:7-8
The LORD will keep you from all harm—He will watch over your life;the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore.
Something Old:
All of God's promises are "Yes and Amen!"
2 Corinthians 1:19-21
Something New:
The Kohathite clan were the descendants of Aaron.
Something to Do:
Read my promises.
Sites
Promises of God
Love Worth Finding with Adrian Rogers






35 Comments:
Wendy,
What a challenge! Here are my top promises for this season in my life:
Psalm 91:14 - 16
14 "Because (s)he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue(her)him;
I will protect (her)him, for (s)he acknowledges my name.
15 (S)He will call upon me, and I will answer(her)him;
I will be with (her)him in trouble,
I will deliver(her)him and honor (her)him.
16 With long life will I satisfy (her)him
and show (her)him my salvation."
Psalm 139:4-6
4 Before a word is on my tongue
you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before;
you have laid your hand upon me.
Zeph. 3:17
The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing."
I also underlined Josh. 21:45; I need to put that verse in front of my mind daily and pray it along with verse 44, particularly when I am feeling discouraged.
Thank you for your teaching today! I will pray for Gabriel and his family.
Karen, Basel
Praying for Gabriel and his family, and for all of you who have requested prayers here.
Praise the Lord, my sister Denise will be going home from the hospital today. Her numbers look good, and most importantly, her spirits are up!
The promise from God that I cling to again and again, Romans 8:28 "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose."
I think God led me to Roman 8:28 today so He could show me the following scripture, which just about flew off the page into my heart. Romans 12: 8-19
"For by the grace given me (Paul) I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. For just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we, though many, form one body, and each member belongs to all the others We have different gifts, according to the grace given to each of us. If your gift is prophesying, then prophesy in accordance with your faith. If it is serving, then serve, if it is teaching, then teach, if it is to encourage, then give encouragement, if it is giving, then give generously, if it is to lead, do it diligently, if it is to show mercy, do it cheerfully."
May we all go about our Monday using the gifts the Lord, through his grace, has bestowed upon us. And by the way, friends, housekeeping -- creating a haven for our families -- is definitely a gift we should feel honored to use, even though it feels like drudgery much of the time. It is sooo important.
Peace,
Michelle in New England
Wendy
You mentioned one of my favorite promises of all time. It actually brought me to Christ. From Hebrews 13:5 "I will never leave you nor forsake you. "
I also love Philippians 1:6 "he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus!"
Praying the promises for Gabriel and for Melissa's family today.
Have a great Monday!
"I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, But take heart! I have overcome the world!" John 16:33
"For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord; plans to prosper you and not to harm you; to give you hope and a future". Jer 29:11
Something old: The cities of refuge were where a person could run to for safety...he had to stay there until the current high priest died. Jesus is our High Priest...and our city of refuge.
Something new: The cities named as cities of refuge ended up being alloted to the Levites..is that because the priests were all from the tribe of Levites?
Nugget: "Not a single one of the good promises the Lord had give to Isreal was left unfulfilled". Make sure that I understand that making a promise or a vow is serious business...and to fulfill my promises to others.
Happy Monday!
purifed in Him,
Morgen
Just two more days, dear friends, and we will be through one-quarter of the way of our journey! WOW!
Wendy, Keeping Gabriel, Chris & Rhonda, Jackie, and The Queen, in my thoughts and prayers today.
Lifting up Melissa Taylor and her family, also.
Will post on Open Blog later, some scriptures that really helped my mom sleep. God's glory has really been brilliantly shining in this miracle. Hope this will help those of you who are having sleep trouble.
My Promise, that I'm clinging to:
What I am seeing is that when we read God's Word, and when we pray to him about certain situations that we are going through, His Spirit guides us to a promise to cling to. Last week a promise was given to me just at the time I needed it and I felt very comforted by my Father:
"For the LORD gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding" (Proverbs 2:6).
I've needed wisdom re: a situation I'm in the middle of, and God has been with me, whispering each step of the way.
My New:
God devoted 42 of the 45 verses in Joshua 21 to emphasize the Israelites’ obligation to support the ministers of His Word.
Joshua 21:43, “And the LORD gave them rest on every side"
Heb. 4:9, “There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God.”
Today, God’s rest may still be entered by faith in his Son.
My Old:
The tribes of Manasseh and Ephraim insisted on getting more land, where Joshua chose to be the last to claim a section for himself. What a striking difference. You’d expect him to be first - to take the best, but instead, he chose to be last. His spot, a very small area near Shiloh, - where the Tabernacle was built, was the area he picked. He wanted to be close to where he worshipped and served the Lord. His earthly inheritance was not his priority. His focus was on far more important things. He was the greatest among them; but, he asked for the least. The more we set our sight on the Lord, the less our earthly stuff matters. Truly when we finally believe that our life is just a blink of an eye, our material possessions lose their glitter!
My To Do:
To truly have the desire to be last. In my earthly state, this is impossible, because I am self-centered. But, by abiding in Christ, and keeping my focus on Him and eternity, He can change me, so that truly my heart would seek last place. Wow. Lots to chew on today! Last place ~ that is just not my nature!
Seeking today to love on those around me, and anticipating His whispers! Lori
PS Dear Friends, I also wanted to share a big praise!!! Dave said he'd go to church with me and the boy's this Easter weekend! God is working, ya know! Join me in praying that his heart will be open, and will hear a nugget shared during the teaching. Also, that nothing would come up, to cause him not to go! Lord, thank you for the joy I have, anticipating your mighty work in Dave!
Hugs, Lori
"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 and "as far as the east is from the west, He has removed our transgressions from us" Psalm 103:12
Praying for Gabriel and family and for the Proverbs 31 family.
His,
Gaylene
Hi Everybody,
Wendy prayers for Chris & Rhonda (I love her name:)and their son Gabriel...also for Melissa and her family...May each and everyone feel his strong arms embrase them.
My promise of God: 1Thessalonians 4:11-12, and to aspire to live a tranquil life, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your [own] hands, as we instructed you, that you may conduct yourselves properply toward outsiders and not depend on anyone.
Each with it pasturelands…..
Bible verse Joshua 21:41- 42, The total number of towns and pasturelands within Israelite territory given to the Levites came to forty-eight. Every one of these towns had pasturelands surrounding it.
I couldn’t help but notice how every time a territory was given these words were emphasized …Each with it Pasturelands.
This to me is beautiful ……“Each with it pasturelands!!”…..cattle grazing.
"And the cities shall they have to dwell in; and the suburbs of them shall be for their cattle, and for their goods, and for all their beasts" (Numbers 35:3 KJV)
“at Shiloh in the land of Canaan, and said to them, “The LORD commanded, through Moses,
that cities be given us to dwell in, with pasture lands for our livestock.” Joshua 21:2-3
The Gates of the City. These are the exits of the City, the gates of which are named after the tribes of Israel. On the north side, measuring forty-five hundred cubits,.............
"It was round about eighteen thousand measures: and the name of the City from that day shall be, The Lord Is There" (Ezekiel 48:30-35).
I know why now I love my country-life…. “The Lord is There”
The little black book for today….
The veil of the sanctuary was torn in two from top to bottom. When the centurion who stood facing him saw how he breathed his last, he said, “Truly this man was the Son of God!” (Mk. 15:38-39)
All is quiet at Golgotha. It is sometime after 3 p.m. Jesus is dead, and his body hangs limp and lifeless on the cross.
A high-ranking Roman soldier, a gentile, makes an astounding statement: “Truly this man was the Son of God.”
The very first words of Mark’s Gospel are: “The beginning of the Gospel of Jesus Christ the Son of God.” As the Gospel moves along, no human being calls him Son of God. A voice from heaven called him “My son” at his bapitsm in the Jordan and again at the Transfiguration. Demons did when Jesus drove them out.
Now this Roman soldier proclaims that this man was the Son of God. He is the first human being in Mark’s Gospel to do so.
Jesus’ identity is manifest in his suffering and death. To get to know Jesus, I had best spend some time before the cross.
Spend some quiet time with the Lord.
Each with its pastureland…
Rhonda
Lori...that is so awesome!! Dave going with you to church for Easter. Oh I needed so much for some good news. I will continue to keep Him and your family in my prayers.
Praying continuely for each and everyone of you.
Blessings....Rhonda
Lifting baby Gabriel and his family in prayers. May God heal him and be with his family. May this season in their lives be a testament to God's grace.
Lori, praise God! Praying that Dave will be blind and deaf to the enemy's attempts to prevent him from going to church. There will be hurdles and maybe even a disagreement in the days - even hours leading to the service but put on the armor of God. Will be praying for you!
God's Promises. Hmmm. The first one that came to mind was yesterday after church service. Our Pastor mentioned my DS2's name because of how well they did in the Bible Quiz. DS2 wanted to see pastor afterwards. Stood in line. They high-fived. Then Pastor said God is going to use DS2 in a mighty way. He then asked DS2: are you ready to be used by God? DS2 nodded and said yes. Are you willing? DS2 again nodded and said yes. As I was watching the exchange I had this feeling that Palm Sunday 2010 is a day DS2 will never forget. Neither will I. I watched my son make his choice, by himself, to be a soldier for God. I can't wait to see what God will do in his life.
So the promise I am holding on to in both my sons' lives: Fear not for I am with you, do not be afraid for I am your God. I will strengthen you, I will help you, yes I will uphold you with My righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Good Morning,
If I have to pick a favorite promise for today...I pick John 10:27 - 28
"My sheep listen to my voice, I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand"
I wanted to mention something our Pastor said as we studied Joshua yesterday that I had not heard before:
He was speaking about all the land inheritance's and why the Levites did not receive any land (stuff)...they received God...just as we share our inheritance with Christ..."What the land was to Israel, Christ is to us" (Heb 9:15, Jn 3:16, Rom 8:17))
Second...Jacob cursed both Levi and Simeon (Gen 49:5)but because the Levites stood with Moses (Ex 32:26) in the "Golden Calf Incident", they showed repentance and Simeon did not. The tribe of Simeon were few and died out early...The tribe of Levi flourished...
Praying for little Gabriel and his family, Praise that Denise is coming home and Praise the Lori's husband is going to church Resurrection Sunday...
God bless and have a wonderful day
Sue
I found today's reading to be a little more exciting.
As each tribe was giving land to the Levites I started wondering if God was telling them which land to give them. Since the Levites were the priests were they given the best or whatever each tribe wanted them to have?
I started thinking how we should be a blessing to our pastors who give us the word. Each month my church takes up an offering for my pastor and we take up an offering whenever we have a guest speaker. I hardly ever give an offering to the man of God. Sometimes I simply don't have it but what about those times I do? What about God? Am I giving Him my best or what I want Him to have? I hope I'm giving Him my best.
It was exciting to see in 21:44 that the children of Israel finally got rest and they defeated all their enemies. They were finally given all the good things that God had promised them.
God will not hold any good thing from His children.
This week my church is having our spring revival so it's going to be a long but blessed week for me. We have service every night Monday-Friday.
Morning Everyone,
My Promises:
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17
"The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." 2 Peter 3:9
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion— to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations (Isaiah 61:1-4).
He will be a sure foundation for your times, a rich store of salvation and wisdom and knowledge; the fear of the LORD is the key to this treasure (Isaiah 33:6).
Praying for Melissa, Gabriel and all you dear family. Hope you all have a blessed day. Michelle PTL about Denise! And Lori, celebrating with you dear friend!
In Him,
Brandee, TN
Thank you Wendy for encouraging us to think about God's promises for us.
The one in particular that He lead in my heart today is the promise of prayer.
Particularly based on verse 1John 5:14
This is the assurance (I) have in approaching God; that if (I) ask anything according to His will He hears us!
Amen,
I am praying for little Gabriel and his family along with the Taylor family today.
Ladies pls pray for my husband, he Has asked me to pray for his upcoming promotion exam. He has been studying very diligently day and night till odd hours of the night. It is quite a challenge for him to keep up with his reading and materials. Pls pray that I be supportive towards him and his studying also.
Again thank you Wendy and all the ladies in this blogger for your prayers, comments and support. May we continue with Joshua's challenge this week. Happy Monday and may you all have a blessed day!
Till tomorrow!
Paola (from Long Island NY)
Thank you Wendy for encouraging us to think about God's promises for us.
The one in particular that He lead in my heart today is the promise of prayer.
Particularly based on verse 1John 5:14
This is the assurance (I) have in approaching God; that if (I) ask anything according to His will He hears us!
Amen,
I am praying for little Gabriel and his family along with the Taylor family today.
Ladies pls pray for my husband, he Has asked me to pray for his upcoming promotion exam. He has been studying very diligently day and night till odd hours of the night. It is quite a challenge for him to keep up with his reading and materials. Pls pray that I be supportive towards him and his studying also.
Again thank you Wendy and all the ladies in this blogger for your prayers, comments and support. May we continue with Joshua's challenge this week. Happy Monday and may you all have a blessed day!
Till tomorrow!
Paola (from Long Island NY)
During this special holy week, I lift up in prayer Gabriel and his parents. Also, with praise to our mighty God, that Dave will be joining his family on Easter Sunday and pray that his heart be open to the message of our Savior.
There are a few promises that I carry in my heart always, and it was hard to pick one, so I'll just say that this is one of my favorites: "Know therefore that the Lord your God is God; he is the faithful God, keeping his covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love him and keep his commands." Deut.7:9
As a mother and grandmother this promise of a thousand generations is very reassuring to me.
Another promise that is mentioned in today's reading filled me with joy when I read it - "None of their enemies could stand against them". The assurance this verse confirms could not be clearer and we should be less troubled by our enemies knowing that God has our back.
My computer is giving me some problems. It's so slow and very frustrating! For some reason a video from a different day always ends up being on the day we're on. For example: Thursday's video is showing up on today's post. I was able to find today's video another way. It usually comes up correctly by the end of the day. I just looked at the vlog and read the comments.
Morgen, I liked your comment. I never noticed that the refuge cities were given to the Levites.
My promise from God:
John 9:3 Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.
This is talking about the man who was born blind and this Scripture has always been my reason for why I'm blind even though being blind gets frustrating. This chapter is also the one I stand on for receiving my sight.
Another promise:
Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Lori, thanks for the Scriptures for rest that yor mother prayed.
Good Morning Wendy and Ladies
Praying for little Gabriel and his family, as well as for Melissa and each one that requested prayers. The enemy is going about as a roaring lion...
Tying in with our reading of Joshua 21:45, my Life Application Bible note states : "Sometimes we become impatient, wanting God to act in a certain way, now. Instead, we should faithfully do what we know He wants us to do and trust Him for the future." I need that reminder - daily!
Promises... so many to dwell on! Thank you for all who have posted already.
Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trust in You"
Lamentations 3:22-24 "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him'".
It has been a while since I have posted, but am following the reading (and the vlog and comments, as time allows). Since I started my job in January, I feel lost to so many other things in my life, but know and trust that it will get better. I am home today, with my youngest who has MRSA, for the second time since January (!) which started in her knee as the result of a basketball injury. Her name is Carla and she will be 14 next month. She is not feeling well at all, so, I have the "gift of time"... and have enjoyed the reading and dwelling here a bit. I would appreciate prayers for her... thank you.
This online study is such a blessing, and although I don't comment daily and as such am not that involved, coming here to pray and linger and learn means so much - thank you!
Happy Monday,
Marianne
This is only the second time I have made a comment. It is not so much a comment but a prayer request. I am struggling with some decisions my husband has made about ministry. I know that I am to submit to him as unto the Lord. I can't understand why I am fighting against this so much and need your prayers that God will give me peace in following my husband and also I pray that God will change my heart. I enjoy reading what you ladies blog everyday and I thank you for letting me come to you and request your prayers. I feel so discouraged right now and I don't want to feel like this. My joy comes ffrom the Lord even in circumstances that I don't necessarily like. I need His joy and His peace. Thanks in advance for your prayers.
Isaiah 41:10 (New Living Translation)
10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.
“You are precious and honored in my sight, and I love you.” Isaiah 43:4
Those are my favorites. He will never leave me, and He loves me. What more could I ask for??
Finally got the map site to work. Thanks, Karen! I want to print and color code it. I think that will help me 'see' the areas being talked about.
My only question was how long all of this allotting went on. I'm glad they finally obeyed and were able to rest, but how long were they living in tents and packing up and moving around? Seems like an incentive to obey right there - to know where you could call 'home!'
Praying for all of the requests ...
Amy
Dear ones,
My SIL passed away about half an hour ago. My brother, my parents and hers were at her side holding her hands, reading scripture and praying when she stopped breathing.
This resurrection week, my promises are these(I sent them to my brother just now):
Luke 20:35-37:
35But those who are considered worthy of taking part in that age and in the resurrection from the dead will neither marry nor be given in marriage, 36and they can no longer die; for they are like the angels. They are God's children, since they are children of the resurrection. 37But in the account of the bush, even Moses showed that the dead rise, for he calls the Lord 'the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob.
John 11:25-26
Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in me will live, even though he dies;26and whoever lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?"
1 Corinthians 15:41-44
41The sun has one kind of splendor, the moon another and the stars another; and star differs from star in splendor.
42So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.
1 Corinthians 13:4-8
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
8Love never fails.
be blessed,
karen
Marinne, praying for your daughter. May she be healed completely without the recurrence of sickness.
Anonymous, praying for God's direction in your marriage. Sometimes we just need to let our DH decide and have God deal with him.
Karen, I am so sorry for your Anne's passing. May God comfort your brother and her parents and the rest of the family during this time. What a beautiful way to be ushered into God's kingdom though. Surrounded by family, listening to bible verses and to be suddenly free of pain and in the presence of Jesus. Oh , the joy she must feel now. It still does not lessen the sorrow of those she left behind. But we have hope in Jesus. Let us cling to that hope.
((((((HUGS))))))) to all of you.
Hey GIG,
Before I even get started with today's vlog and comments, I wanted to ask if anyone might know if there is any way I can "move" my post on 3/26, Fri. to the Open Blog for the week-end? I shared then for the GIG who are having trouble sleeping, Olivia, Dixie, and Amy. I shared some from Beth Moore also. If anyone knows of a way to transfer, please let this illiterate GIG know. If not, I hope you ones that I mentioned will go back and read.
Wrong day but the right Lord,
Jeanne
Karen, lifting you up and your family for the Lord to fill you all with HIS peace, comfort and Love.
These are verses I think of often:
1John 4:18- Perfect Love Cast out all Fear. (yes and amen)
Hebrews 13:5 I will never leave you or forsake you. (yes and amen)
Great is your Faithfulness! I dont know what scripture that would be from. (yes and amen)
May our gracious God spread his comforting arms around all those in need right now...
...to Karen in Switzerland, my prayers and condolences on the death of your sister-in-law. May your family find comfort in the Lord as you deal with this sad loss.
...to Karen in Wis, prayers and condolences on the death Saturday of your father, and strength to you all in the sad days ahead
...To Marianne, I pray that the Lord will restore Carla to health, and protect you all from anxiety, and that her doctor's a guided with wisdom. Your promise verses are two of my favorites, also. I put one of them, "thou will keep thee in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee" to my own little tune, and it's a very calming thought to sing to myself when needed
...Paola, my special prayers for your husband to have focus, calmness and determination as he prepares for the promotional exam. My husband has done the same several times, and it is a demanding, anxious time for all in the household
...for anonymous at 12:42, I pray that you will glean a few wonderful verses from today's postings to help you attain the frame of mind you desire to be in regarding your husband's and your future. Ask God to help you, and He will :)
And of course, prayers of healing for little Gabriel, and for peace, strength and hope for his family and loved ones.
Peace,
Michelle in rainy, grey New England
Jeann, here's your help. Oh, this is great the blind girl here gets to help someone. Don't worry the blind wont be leading the blind. I'm laughing and I needed it.
1. Go back to the comment you want to post somewhere else.
2. Select only the words that you wrote and then do copy to clipboard (control+ c).
3. Go to the day you want to post it.
4. do the same thing you would normally do if you were starting a new post. For me I open where it says Name/URL. I notice you do Annonimous.
5. You can then paste (control + v) what you selected and copied where you would normally write your comment.
6. Then publish your comment.
I hope this helps. Sometimes I do better actually showing someone how to do something instead of explaining it.
Today I went and pickd up my refill prescription I didn't know i had. I've been out of medication for a week. Now that I have it i shouldn't be so depressed like I've been in the past week.
My Promise~ Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.Hebrews 11:1
By faith I live every day with God leading the way. I know first hand how much faith it takes to place our children into God's hands. He will never forsake us, another promise I live by. I know He is with us always and I praise Him in all times,good and bad.
By faith I know God will hold Gabriel and his family in His loving arms. My prayer is that they can feel His love surrounding them during this time of suffering and need.
The power of prayer is mighty, again I have witnesed this first hand. (miracles happen: https://www.carepages.com/carepages/babyclairespage)
Also praying for all the requests here and all the P31 girls.I love the way God is loving us and leading us through this study. Thank you Wendy for all you do :)
My Nugget:
"Not a single one of the good promises the Lord had give to Isreal was left unfulfilled".
God is good o HIs promises.
Yes and Amen !
The last few days have been sprinkled with so many needs to be lifted up in prayer, but how very blessed we are to have each other!
Amy, the special verses you offered from Renee Swope touched me deeply. I think I need to share these caring Promises with my son, who is in need of hope. I still ask, my friends, for your prayers that God will keep Michael's heart and eyes open and will draw him close in His loving arms during his trials ahead.
Michelle in New E. the simplicity and power of your acronic seemed like slow warm strokes of comfort, breathing in and out like a meditation. Thank you for sharing your gift.
The passion of Christ was read yesterday at church, and as they spoke the words about the curtain of the temple being torn in two I began to weep. I still do. I never would have understood the powerful significance of these few words without all of you bringing me to this new place in my life. I just want to thank Wendy and all of you. God is with us.
He provides words we need for the times we need them. This is His promise when I am seeking hope...
....Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. Psalm 30:5.
Thank you Lord for fulfilling Your promises! Looking for that joy!
I am keeping each and every one of you close in prayer.
Jacque
Oh my deal friends in Christ!
I don't post often - but read daily, journal daily, and watch the vlog almost every day. I long to be as dedicated and devoted as so many of you - but am learning so much through all your dedication. Wendy - you time and effort are amazing and I am truly grately for all you have and continue to give.
My favorite promise, although it is difficult to pick just one, is Jeremiah 29:11. Through all the sorrow and heartache we each encounter, we must remember and know that God does have a plan for us, for us to prosper and not to harm.
I just wanted to pass on a bit of good news in these trying times...I am the single mother who was getting laid off. I am happy to report that I was only out of work for a very brief period and have found a new job that I truly enjoy. Thank you all so much for prayers - God does listen and he does provide.
Praying for all of you - your concerns, losses, and for the health, happiness, and peace for Baby Gabriel and his families.
Reading all the requests here and praying that God's will will be done in each one, comfort for those who have lost loved ones.
Lori, I am praying that NOTHING will stand in the way of Dave going to church with you on Sunday. Also praying for his heart to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit's leading.
My favorite verse came to me in a time of intense mental anguish ...
"And the peace of God will keep your hearts and MINDS through Jesus Christ our (my) Lord. Phil.4:7...how I needed that verse, and I thank Him for supplying it at the right time.
Jan TN
THANKS AND THANKS AND THANKS TO JENNIFER RENEE...."and the blind shall lead them.";) I wrote down your steps; I was so nervous, and then I did it, and I just about cried!!!!! How thrilling it is that God brought us together in this way!!! Who would have thought....I cannot wait to share this "miracle" at church and with my family. After I was successful with "moving" my post from 3/26 to 3/27, I came back to write this post and saw where Tina had written her promise for Heb. 11:1....this is what happened for me from you dear Jennifer Renee. "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for (being able to follow instructions from my blind GIG who"sees" and steps up when the Lord gives her an assignment to help a computer illiterate GIG) and certain of what we do not see(literally, you could not see, but God could, and He brought you and I together through this experience.) God is good all the time, and all the time God is good!You are a blessing, Jennifer Renee, and don't forget,girl, to keep those prescriptions filled so you won't be depressed. You don't have time for depression, God needs you to do work for Him. I can't wait to see what else He has in store for you to do. I believe that He can use us in every situation He sends our way.
I thank God for your helpfulness, Jennifer Renee,
Jeanne
Just a quickie note. One of my favorite verses "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as Eagles" Isaiah 40:31
I am a very small part Native American - going back to New Amsterdam in the 1700's. Montauk, Long Island, Paola....ALso the symbol of our country - strong, brave and powerful wings of Eagles!
I, Dixie, shall mount up with wings as Eagles until they bring me finally to Him.
Blessings and prayers for all of you and our Country!
Dixie in Florida
... checking in before heading to bed and wanting to express my deep and humble thanks for the thoughts and kind words and prayers offered up ... We cannot walk this way alone! God provides - in tangible ways through people like you.
Karen in Basel, I am so sorry about your loss - your family and brother will be kept in my prayers. What a reunion awaits when we get to Heaven...
Kristin in Texas - I remember reading about your situation - praising God with you! Good news and thank you for sharing.
Blessings this week to you all -
Marianne
Precious, Precious GIG,
So many of our hearts are hurting tonight as there is uncertainty for some and sorrow and grief for others. I cannot begin to tell you how many of you, (esp. Karen in Basel,Lori, Brandee, Rhonda, Jacque), encouraged me from my post on 3/25 about my past as a moma and missing my moma so much. The Lord used each and every one of you to speak to me through your words and His Word. I am forever grateful, and I am truly better. I just think of what Linda in PA told us about that great Heaven Day for each of our loved ones...I know she would want me rejoicing with her.
I've mentioned my situation again because I believe that God has brought us together to share in each other's praises as well as heartaches. He already knew that these special people would need a powerful group of "Bible Study Girls" to come to Him in their behalf. It is not circumstance that we are united in prayer for these sweet folks who need our prayers!!!! "He knows the plans...." So many of you have already sent up prayers to our Savior on the behalf of both of our Karens, precious little Gabriel and his family, for Marianne's Carla with MRSA, for Paola' husband and his exam, for Anonymous in regard to her husband's decision about ministry, for Melissa and the other P.31 Ministry team members, and praise for Dave's decision to attend church on Easter. God has given us such a time as this, a golden opportunity to:
"Draw/Come near to Me, and I will draw/come near to you." at this time of year when we are focusing on His Death, His Burial, and His Resurrection. These three most important events reassure us of the miraculous God He Is. He is a God of miracles and we must trust that fact alone!! My prayer is that those we are lifting up in prayer will truly draw close to Him in his/her particular circumstance SO THAT He will draw close to each one of them. James 4:8 took my moma and me through many a day, and I also used that scripture when I spoke at her funeral...my three brothers,my daughter, and a niece,and I carried out our moma's funeral...our preacher did the opening and the closing and the gravesight. What a glorious "Heaven Day"
...Joy Does Come in the Morning,
Jeanne
a 'next day' post, as i was a day behind....
psalm 30:11
You have turned my mourning into dancing!!!
i want to write it all in capital letters to be SHOUTING FOR JOY!! and thanksgiving....
for the Lord really did turn my mourning (of infertility) into dancing, as my girls are stunning and remarkable ballerinas!!! Praise to the Lord!!
i write 'psalm 30:11' in their pointe shoes as i lovingly sew on the ribbons...
thank You Lord!!
amy jane
Post a Comment
Home