Its Over
I can't believe it. We plan, we pray, and we prepare. For months our hearts join together for this very special weekend and all to quickly it fades away.

I'm speaking of She Speaks 2008. What an incredibly amazing weekend we experienced! We asked and He answered. We asked for life transformation and we witnessed life transformation. We praise Thee and we exalt Thee for all that you accomplished in and through the lives of your daughters.

I want to thank those of you who joined our staff and team in prayer for this event. We experienced warfare like never before. It was evident that God was going to do something big and He did. The prayers uttered on our behalf crippled the enemy and thwarted his plan. If you attended the conference this year, thank you for allowing our team to serve you. Serving you was truly a high honor. We will continue to pray for you as you resume "life as normal." I know for many of you things will never be the same again. I would love to hear your amazing She Speaks story. Will you testify? Share with us one amazing thing that you experienced at the conference. I'll go first.

A woman from my group last year has become a true Barnabas in my life. She heard God whisper "Wendy has a Goliath" during Lysa's Friday night message. (Remember Lysa spoke about David and Goliath.) He told her to give me a rock, a specific rock that she had used to fight a Goliath in her life. She is a woman of obedience and did as the Lord asked. She brought me the rock Saturday morning. I wasn't aware I had a Goliath so we smiled hugged and I took the treasure knowing God would explain it all later.

During our commitment time, I laid my card at the foot of the cross and picked up my verse never reading it, then begin to pray with those who came forward. I forgot about the verse. After everything was over. I went to speak to a member of our team and with a few moments of our conversation, the giant came of out my mouth: jealously. I won't go into detail. I am still trying to process it all.

I later read my verse. It was Jeremiah 29:13, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity." These are some of my favorite verses in all scripture. How precious of God to arrange for me to chose this card. Well, the amazing is yet to be told.

At the close of the conference, a new friend that I met Friday night spoke a word over me. I told her I had faced a giant that I did not know I had and that I wasn't sure what it meant and was I was to do with it. She said, " This is what you do with it, 'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.'" (Galatians 1:5) I really did not know what to do with that either.

The dots connected when I unpacked my suitcase Monday. Each card has a watermarked word behind the scripture. I found my card in the bottom of the suitcase turned it over and read it. This is when I noticed it. My watermark was FREE!

Can you believe that? He does not miss a detail. I know you can believe it because you have a story just like mine. Now tell it.


10 Comments:

Blogger Sharon Sloan said...

Wow, Wendy. Thanks for sharing that amazing story so openly and transparently. I just love you more now!

Isn't that neat? And you thought your giant was the technical issue? Here, God wanted to reveal something more...because He loves you and is faithful and merciful. He is so good.

Wendy, I just love you, dear sister and friend. I appreciate who you are so much. I was telling my friends on the drive home that, if I lived closer and was able to, I'd volunteer to be your assistant (if you'd have me). I would LOVE that! It's just a little dream...but I would love to serve the Lord by serving you. You speak my language, because you speak His truth. (And besides, you're beautiful, funny and you dress really great, too!)

Have I said "I love you" yet? Wendy, you know one of my "giants" and thank you for praying with me. I know completely that God is ABLE! The stone I am holding is called trust and patience.

Many hugs and prayers,
Sharon

Blogger Jodie Wolfe said...

Isn't God amazing?! I am praising God with you for the lives that were changed this weekend.

Blessings,
Pearls

Wow - thanks for sharing that Wendy! I had so many God moments that I don't think I've realized them all yet. I posted about some of the warfare that was going on in my heart and what He did about it on my blog under "She Speaks...and She Doubts".

One little quick God moment that I can share here happened in an elevator. The woman who led me to Christ and who is still a very good friend used to wear the same distinct purfume every day. Not a lot of people wear it now, but occasionally I'll pass by someone in a store and the scent will remind me of all of Tracy's warm hugs.

Saturday afternoon I had gone up to my room to rest a little and prepare for my 5 minute talk, and when I left to come back downstairs I found myself a little out of sorts and a lot in need of a hug. Well, as you can guess, when I stepped into that empty elevator on the tenth floor, it was filled with the familiar scent of Tracy's perfume. I felt the embrace of God's love and hers the whole way down!

As Susanne would say, He certainly is El Roy - the God who sees.

It was so great to see you this weekend - you are a blessing in my life!

In Him,
Sam @ theListenerspost

Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy,
I read your post and left my computer to go look for my card. I did not realize that there was more than one scripture card- I thought we all got the same one. So I got chills when I read mine, Luke 4:18-19. It's about freedom for the prisoners and sight for the blind. I could take that in about seven directions! :) And the watermark word? Annointed.

I have several stories about She Speaks. (Read about George Carlin on my blog, under Here's to George! What? George Carlin?)
lisaroszler.blogspot.com

Another story is about going into the prayer room and finding my name next to El Shaddai, specifically on "God of the Mountain". He has moved SO MANY mountains in my life in the past year! My daughter's name was under El Roi: God Who Sees Me. She had just studied out the parable of the lost sheep and was thinking about how she'd been lost in plain view until she accepted Christ a year ago. But God saw her and rescued her.

How personal our God is!

Thank you for all you do to show others the way out of slavery. It's even in your blog title: Anecdotes from the Life of a Former Shop-A-Holic!

I'll be seeing you again at P31, once my vision returns to normal!

Onward,
Lisa R.

Blogger Unknown said...

Wendy, Wow... just Wow,

Your transparency and humility is overwhelming me. I am so glad I stopped here to read this post.

I read your devotions and feel like I know you. I met you at the blogger reception. My name is Lynn and my blog is Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

I want to thank you for the kind words you spoke to me that day. Your heart for God's people is evident. Thank you for serving our Lord. Blessings my new friend. Lynn

http://unequalmarriage.typepad.com/

Blogger On Purpose said...

Wendy, Thank you so much for praying with me Saturday night. I have a new saying that goes off in my head when I start to "think" I am in control.

"Control issue! Control issue! Control issue!"

Then God redirects me to Him!

You are a beautiful woman of God and you are blessing man lives!

Nichole

Blogger ThreeGirlyGirls said...

Wow. What an amazing story!! It's always such a powerful thing when people "get real"!

I was so grateful for the time you took to just sit beside me and pray girl! It meant the world to me!! You are such a beautiful person inside and out! And I'm so blessed that you sat at the feet of Jesus with me! Thank you!

Blogger Rachel Olsen said...

Just leaving BIG HUGS for my friend.

:) ~ R

Blogger Jenny said...

Hi Wendy! I loved your talk that I went to, and I love how you are willing to share with us.

One of the best things God has taught me was to bring my sin out into the light, His light first but also the light of fellow believers. (1 John) It just kinda breaks some of the hold that area has on us!

One big moment for me was after I went to a class with Luann and then Zoe I realized my prayer life needed re-vamped!

As soon as I sat down I had a chance to put it into practice. I couldn't find the verse I needed for my talk. I could quote it but no address. Nikki was helping me search and all of a sudden I thought "pray and ask me for help."

I told Nikki maybe we should pray and she prayed and within seconds she had the verse!

God is good!
Jen

Blogger Unknown said...

Bless you for sharing your heart with us. I will remember to pray for you and your victory in the Lord. I always look forward to reading your blog!
God bless!

Post a Comment

Home