Thank you girls for continuing to pray for and ask about Daddy.
We met with his doctor on Thursday to discuss all the options available for treatment. Boy was I amazed. I had to thank God for the incredible minds that He has given to the medical professionals. All I could imagine was watching Daddy get sick and losing quality of life to the poisonous life draining chemotherapy or thinking of his insides being burned up with radiation. I thank God there are other options.
I prayed for weeks before we went to the doctor for like mindedness, that the choice made would be the right one and we would all agree. In my prayers, I also prayed for the doctor and the staff of nurses who would be caring for my Daddy. I asked God to help me be patient in letting my parents be in charge even if decisions they made were the ones that I would make. God was faithful and answered everyone of my prayers.
The doctor and staff are wonderful. The sweet nurse who scheduled Daddy's procedure hugged and kissed both my parents as we were leaving. You can't get better care than that, can you? The doctor was thorough in his explanation and very patient with our questions. He had great eye contact with each of throughout our time together. I could tell that he really cared about Daddy. We all had the same decision made in our minds about treatment. Can you believe it? My mother, father, me and my brother all agreed. The best thing about this is that we did not even have to discuss it. The doctor gave his recommendation and the four of simultaneously nodded. God is so faithful!
He will have his procedure on August 11th at 9:45am. Would you pray for us on that day? It is an outpatient procedure that will keep him home-bound for about a week? Especially pray for my mother. Having an active 78 year-old man at home for a week, whewwww, you can only imagine.
Have a great Saturday. Does anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend? The kids and I are going to have lunch and visit with my Grandmother. Nellie is 90 years old and still lives alone. She is something else. That is for another post.
Have a great Saturday. Does anyone have anything fun planned for the weekend? The kids and I are going to have lunch and visit with my Grandmother. Nellie is 90 years old and still lives alone. She is something else. That is for another post.






16 Comments:
Dear Wendy:
Thank you so much for sharing all of this with us as we continue to pray. Have marked my calendar for 8/11 prayer as well. Will be praying for your mom as well.
God just went ahead of all of you and blessed you with wonderful medical professionals! His provision and care. May you all continue to see His faithfulness and love throughout this process.
Enjoy your weekend and your visit!
Major heat wave here! We are so thankful for air conditioning. Taking the kids and a friend to the movies today, then to a birthday party...both air conditioned events! :) Tomorrow after church we have been invited to a friend's house to swim! We are staying cool this weekend!
Hugs,
Sharon :)
Wendy - I've already set my phone alarm to remind me to pray that day! I'm so thankful for you that things have been so obviously in His hands. I know from personal experience how difficult it can be when you don't agree on treatment options...
Know that God is faithful and will surround you and your family!
As for our plans this weekend - a pool party, a S'more gathering with some friends and then a lake party with the youth on Sunday. A full weekend, and only one of three before we start kindergarten!
Love in Him,
Samantha
Hi Wendy,
God is answering your prayers and giving you the peace that He has everything in His Hands. Thank you God! I will mark my calendar for the 11th. (Renee has a prayer post going.)
My agenda: watch my son play basketball, try out the new camera, worship, and clean my floors giving thanks in all things. I may also try to make bread pudding with a rum sauce. I just keep thinking about it!
Take care. B His Girl
Wendy,
I am happy to hear there is a plan for your dad. It is so cool when God allows for like minds when we get in those types of situations.
I will be praying for the procedure on August 11. Please make sure you post specific details to help us pray for him.
As for the weekend plans, I went to see Batman this morning. Very good however very dark. The boys went tonight so I am enjoying some quiet time with my baby. (my yorkie). Tomorrow after church I get to go for a massage. Enjoy your weekend.
Diane
I am so glad to hear everything is going well with your dad and your family. Praise the Lord for His goodness. He is truly worthy to be praised.
Wendy,
Thanks for the encouragement. It is so hard this divorce thing,especially when you don't want it and don't believe it is God's will.
Diane
Hey, Wendy!
I am so glad that your visit was so positive! God was definitely in the office with you all! I'll be praying for y'all on the 11th as well as before and after the surgery.
I will lead a new 4 week Bible study in the morning at our church. It's the Proverbs 31 Woman: More Precious Than Rubies. God has just blessed me beyond my wildest dreams with this one! So many bloggy friends have prayed and had input--amazing!Many of these gals were from the She Speaks conference!! I would really appreciate your prayers for me on Monday from 10-11:30 and for the 25--woohoo!!-- girls that signed up to take the study! I just pray that God's words will be heard and taken to heart. I'll post about it tomorrow on my blog. Thanks so much, my friend. Hope you had a great weekend!!
Blessings,
Susan
Susan
I will be happy to pray for you. Thanks for asking. Keep me posted on how things go.
Wendy
Wendy,
Thanks for updating us on things with your dad.
I've noted the date on my calendar.
I'm praying for the Dr, nurses and everyone who will be attending your dad.
(1)The Lord will give them a good night's rest the night before his procedure.
(2)Clear and precise vision.
(3)Gentle hands and a loving spirit.
(4) For each of you to rest in the hands on the one who loves you more.
Dear Wendy:
So glad to hear some good news. I have posted the surgery on my calendar and will pray for your Daddy and family.
I got to lead a sweet young lady to the Lord yesterday and it was refreshing to my soul. God is so amazing and Praise the Lord, He is still in the heart changing business.
Love,
Wendi (with an "i")
Wendy thank you for sharing your journey with us.
I am praying for your and your family.
You and your family were a blessing to those nurses and doctors as they saw the strength and love of your God through you!
Nichole
Hey, Wendy!
Thanks so much for praying about the Bible study this morning.I felt them! God was Soooo good!! I had a blast! All 21!!!! girls who showed up did too from their comments! Please visit my blog for today for a couple more details. You are a sweetie!
Love ya,
Susan
Wendy,
Just checking in, was praying for you and your daddy. Thanks for keeping us informed. Hope you had a good weekend with your grandma. I am heading out tomorrow to camp on the beach with my kids. I love you my friend.
Cris
So glad the appointment went well. I'll continue to pray.
Thanks for the update on your Dad. I've been reading and studying about prayer lately, and I love the stories of specific prayers being answered by God. He's so very intimate with us! Also, check out this cookbook I saw on Living the Life.
http://parable.com/cbn/item.Eating-Well-Through-Cancer-Easy-Recipes-Recommendations-Duri.9780961088880.htm
I was amazed that there wasn’t anything else like this available. Having heard stories from friends and church family about how hard it is to eat and keep your strength up during cancer treatments, I thought this might be helpful to you and your Dad. If the link doesn't work, go to Living the Life and see Monday's show.
Also, I cracked up when I read that your grandmother’s name is Nellie. That was my grandmother’s name also. (Must be a southern thing.) One of my favorite things to do was to sit around her table and listen to stories from she and my Grandaddy.
Have a great week!
Bridget
Wendy,
I just got back from the mountains. That weather in the 70's is so much cooler!
I was glad to hear about your dad's situation being so peaceful. His procedure is the same day as my daughter's birthday. I will be praying for you, your dad and your mom as that day approaches.
So wonderful to have an incredibly faithful God.
Miss seeing all of you!
Lynn
Post a Comment
Home