Girls, I was wowed by the Word today. Have you ever randomly opened your Bible and for no reason chosen a scripture to read? I did that today. I loved the Lord for leaving this word from David for me. It gave me great comfort and strength to face to future. Then in true God fashion He gave me the opportunity to share the scripture with two friends who needed it. Isn't God's Word amazing? What ministered to and encouraged me also beautifully did the same thing for my two friends. God prepared me. His story started before I even got out of bed this morning then when the time was right He invited me into the story by leading me to scripture these women needed to hear. I am so humbled.
I am reading an incredible devotional called Pierced by the Word by John Piper. If you love Oswald you will LOVE John Piper. If you are looking for a short book to fill the summer between Bible Studies you must read this 31 day devotional. You can purchase it through Proverbs 31. Just click on the book title. It will take you straight to the book.
Let me take a minute to say thank you for all the thoughts and prayers you have offered on behalf of my family. Daddy is doing well. We go see the doctor July 17th. The cancer is in the prostate. From all indications it is Stage 2 and he has a favorable prognosis.
I love the way the body of Christ joins arm and arm when there is one in need. You all are amazing! I am so blessed to be me.
P.S. I forgot to share the scripture: Psalm 31: 15, "My times are in your hands." If my times are in His hands, my Daddy's times are in His hands, too. I am so glad He has BIG hands. Aren't you?
I am reading an incredible devotional called Pierced by the Word by John Piper. If you love Oswald you will LOVE John Piper. If you are looking for a short book to fill the summer between Bible Studies you must read this 31 day devotional. You can purchase it through Proverbs 31. Just click on the book title. It will take you straight to the book.
Let me take a minute to say thank you for all the thoughts and prayers you have offered on behalf of my family. Daddy is doing well. We go see the doctor July 17th. The cancer is in the prostate. From all indications it is Stage 2 and he has a favorable prognosis.
I love the way the body of Christ joins arm and arm when there is one in need. You all are amazing! I am so blessed to be me.
P.S. I forgot to share the scripture: Psalm 31: 15, "My times are in your hands." If my times are in His hands, my Daddy's times are in His hands, too. I am so glad He has BIG hands. Aren't you?






8 Comments:
Good morning, Wendy!
Glad to see you and Dad are doing well!
My father-in-law received the same diagnosis four years ago. My husband and I are going up to PA to see him this very weekend. He's done phenomenally well: the cancer is gone, just a footnote in our story now! :) Honestly, until you mentioned that's the kind your dad has, I'd even forgotten about it.
Blessings beyond measure to you and yours!
Lisa R.
Hey, Wendy!
I LOVE that scripture! I,too, am amazed when God gives you a new verse--sometimes I think it's from out of the blue, but He's specifically chosen it for ME to discover at that time in my life. He's so awesome!
Reading Lisa's comment is so similar to mine. My father-in-law also had that type of cancer and the treatments -and God- healed him as well. It's been several years ago. Sounds like the dr. diagnosed it early, and that is such a praise! Your Daddy will continue to be in my prayers. :)
Have a great day!
Blessings,
Susan
Wendy,
Encouraged to hear about your dad. Loved the scripture and it really encouraged me.
Have a wonderful day.
Blessings,
Diane
Wendy...Great news about your dad.
I have started blogging. Check out His Hands and Heart on my blog. The picture is for you today! He is always communicating with us. We should live WOWED because our God is GREAT!
B His Girl
Sorry, random question...
Any chance you've got some old tapes of John Piper at a Passion conference back in the early 90's?
I'm trying to track down a couple sermons that were instrumental in my faith. I think they were titled:
Did Christ Die for Us or for God?
and
God is Most Glorified in Us, When we are most satisfied in Him.
Just combing the blogosphere trying to find those tapes.
(and no, they aren't available at desiringgod.org)
So glad you are lovin' that book! It sure is meaty in God's Word! :)
Praying for your dad on the 17th.
Hugs,
Sharon :)
Hi Wendy! I'm Jen Sprayberry and our leadership team has been praying about having you speak at our ladies retreat in April. I've been in touch w/ Barb (who is awesome-but I'm sure you know that). Love reading your blog. Please join us in praying about your part in our event. Hope to connect with you soon.
Sweet Wendy,
What a joy you are!!!! The Lord has had us cross paths twice in one week and I am more than grateful.
Do you know just how special you are to each of us?
Do you have any idea what a ministry of compassion you offer to each of us?
You sweet freind are a blessing too big for words.
It is my joy to pray for you and your daddy as you walk through this new life chapter.
Post a Comment
Home