"How great is out Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension!
Psalm 147:5
Psalm 147:5
My Take Aways
Something Old:
I just noticed the psalmist used three exclamation marks in one verse.
Grammar 101:An exclamation mark is a punctuation mark usually used to indicate strong feelings or high volume.
The psalmist was speaking in high volume and with strong feelings. I think the psalmist had experienced the Lord's incomprehensible understanding.
This Word is so cool!Something New:
He delights in me when I fear and put my hope in His unfailing love. That sounds easy.
"Therefore since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with out weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are-yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."
Hebrews. 4:14-16
Hebrews. 4:14-16
Something to Do:
Approach the throne with great confidence in my time of need-at all times.






20 Comments:
Precious Wendy, I hate to be the one to fill you in, but today is not Friday! Smile! We’re NOT at the weekend yet. (sorry Morgen,! Ha-ha) Yikes, unless I’ve totally lost it, it’s only Thursday! LOVED your lesson, off to walk now, and will be back to ponder my thoughts! Hugs, Lori
PS If you want to begin the weekend early, that is fine with us! Especially, if you’re cleaning up that messy house of yours. (Ya know I’m kidding!) We want those after-pictures!
Good morning, GIGs,
Wendy, our Lord most certainly delights in you! I cannot even begin to count the ways in which you bring Him delight! Just focusing on this Read-the-Bible ministry, which is just ONE part of your life, you delight Him by bringing others to the Lord. Wow! You are expanding His kingdom every single day. You touch us, and we touch others. And that touch will reverberate through generations. Wendy, you are truly a woman after God's own heart!
Now, that being said, my heart aches to see you, tired and confused about what day it is, and not being able to figure out how to get your hair out of your eyes, doing this vlog for us at 8:30 at night. Sweetie, you are doing too much for us. You did double duty recording lessons for us before you went on your trip (yep, that was no vacation!), you redecorated that big playroom of yours, you've had all these computer problems, you're getting ready for SheSpeaks and who knows what else!
Wendy, I am declaring today "Lift Up Wendy Day" in this fellowship. Sisters, let us pray for our dear teacher, Wendy, from one end of this globe to the other.
Dear Lord, we ask in Jesus' name that you would lift up our dear sister, Wendy, who toils day after day enlightening others about your Word. We ask that you would grace her with peace, strength, encouragement and protection. She delights in you, Lord, so please give her her heart's desire (Psalm 37:4). We ask this in Jesus' name, Amen.
I may be back later to comment on the reading. Right now, I'm going to pray some more for Wendy.
Have a blessed 4:8 day, all, and travel mercies to you, Teeny, as you drive 160 miles to and from your hearing check-up. Mercy!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
typing fast today ... pickin' up a friend to go to a mega-kids' consignment sale, but I hate not to get all of your awesome comments in my inbox while I'm gone!
Michelle, somehow I apparently read two days' reading a few days ago when one was really short. I didn't notice that 'til you pointed out my 'twinkling stars' yesterday, so today I read part of those psalms again.
We talked about this at VBS and Bible study last night, but in Ps. 149:1b it says that we're to sing a "new" song. Earlier we read about how we're to 'commemorate' what God has done for us, but He doesn't just want us to make a note, develop an annual tradition or celebration, and drop it, but to constantly praise Him for the new things that He's doing for us every day. We shouldn't get stuck in a routine or a habit but be always watching to see what new and wonderful thing He's going to bless us with that day. Can't wait to see what today's is! :-)
The next line of that Psalm says that we should "sing His praises in the assembly of the faithful." We should a) be in regular attendance with other believers and b) participate. We're not there to be served, but to serve. To share. To minister to others. I heard it said recently that there were no parishioners in the early churches, only ministers!
Great news! Last night was the final regular night of VBS before Family night tonight, and at the invitation, 18 kids went forward and asked Jesus into their hearts. Two other boys talked with the pastor the night before and did the same. We've had upwards of 130 each night, birth through the grave, and it's so exciting to see everyone, all ages, so on fire for God! :-)
Off to do some shopping and bake some cookies for our hard working VBS teachers ... have a great day!
Amy
FIGS-
i just love ya'll so much! i did not even know i said friday in the video. but when i woke up today i thought it was friday. smile
i will get some good rest this weekend. there are no big plans for the popes.
the after pics of my project will be posted after the carpet is installed. i promise i will share.
thanks for loving, praying, and encouraging me so much. God uses you to fill my cup, keep me going, and know that i am doing what He has called to do.
have a great THURSDAY!
Lord, we ask a special blessing for Wendy, not just today but everyday. Lord, remove the evil one, let her have peace and confidence with the vlog. She encourages so many of us, she is the glue that holds it all together. You have prepared her for this task, and now Lord we ask for your love and kindness, as You bend down to watch, to cover her, so that she feels your arms protecting her. Thank you for your Son, and your Spirit and how they work in our lives.
Rhonda, I was able to knock that bio out in less than 5 minutes. God just took over, and it was easy. My "trainers etc" worked at the long one yesterday. I have not seen it. But the glorious thing was --- I was explaining that I do not have a college degree, this new adventure is some what of a new field, but I do have a degree in being a wife, mother, grandmother and in doing the best I knew how in each stage of my life. And they were pleased in that. Going to use my work in Turkey. Also said for me to use the formula for my age and let them have time to figure it out. 22 x 3 + 4. Because my family has helped me have fun with saying I am 22. But it was all good.
I am sad that we are leaving the
Psalms. They have meant so much to me. Beside 130:4 I wrote, "so glad LORD that my sins do not stack up in front of you. But that just by asking, You remove them from your presence. So glad You love me. LORD, help me to love others, especially my family, just the way you love me.
Donna - TX
Hey Sis!
I haven't even had the chance yet to watch the vlog...got an appt this morning!! I'll be back!!
I would like to share my "nugget"! Check in at www.grace-devotions.blogspot.com.
I love you!
Hugs & prayers...always!
dear sweet Wendy, I love and appreciate your love for Your God and all that you are doing for us.
Get some rest and I like your own camera the best. and we will see you tomorrow friday, God willing.
Lord,
We lift up our sister, Wendy, to you. We know that the time when we do so much for others is when the enemy throws in his darts of confusion and weariness. Wendy has been leading our group for over 6 months without fail. She has inspired countless women (and men) to have a love for the Lord and the Word. We are grateful for her tireless efforts. Please fill her with your supernatural strength physically, mentally and emotionally so she can continue to be the wife, mother, daughter, friend and teacher You want her to be. Thank you, Father, for hearing us and granting our petition. In Jesus' wonderful name we pray. Amen.
P.S. Wendy, for what it's worth. I also thought it's Friday today. :)
Michelle, I like your idea of a special prayer day for Wendy today! Father God, we praise you for your Word, and for Wendy. Thank you for her desire to lead us, share with us, teach us, and encourage us. We lift her up to you. We know You understand just what Wendy needs this day, for your understanding is beyond comprehension! We praise you that you remember us in our weaknesses and your unfailing love leads us through them. Lord, guide, strengthen and enable Wendy this day. Give her a very real sense of your presence and unfailing love today!
In Jesus' name, Amen
Michelle, ‘Lift Up Wendy Day,’ --- love it! You truly bring a sweetness to the air on this blog! Your words heart-felt and loving!
Wow, ya’ll – so many things we can be thankful to the Lord for (Psalms 136).
His love goes on forever!
We have a God in charge that reigned yesterday, continues today, and will forever more! Hallelujah! PTL, that some things do not change - we can all appreciate that, especially in a world that is forever changing right before our eyes –every day!
The last five Psalms that we read today are an outburst of Hallelujah’s –songs to our sovereign and powerful LORD! Every heavenly star has its own name. God is beyond our comprehension (147:5). “We put our hope in his unfailing love” (147:11). We loiter with Him, we linger with Him, we tarry with Him.
The benefits? God is delighted and we are joyful! (146:5). Thank you dear Lord, for the joy in my heart today! Thank you dear Lord, that I don’t have to keep it a secret! Thank you for placing us in this “most fragrant” (thank you Dixie!) blog to share in your goodness! There is a sweetness in the air –a harmony - that keeps us coming back--- to share, our never-ending love for You - with each other! Oh girlfriends, I’m just tickled at the moment that He has chosen – ME, to be His friend!
TO DO: Today, on purpose I’m setting out to tarry with my best friend, - Jesus! And, to lift up Wendy -every chance I get! Between you and me, Wendy, I was thinking you looked mighty fine at 8:30 PM. smile
Hugs, Lori
Good morning figs.
I noticed that in the NLT Psalm 136 each verse said His faithful love endures forever.
In the KJV Psalm 136 says, for his mercy endureth for ever.
Wendy, I loved the video by Michael W. Smith. He's one of my favorite worship leaders.
Today I'm requesting prayer. For at least a week I've been extremely tired and I haven't felt like doing much of anything. God has been waking me up at 6 in the morning but I'm too tired to spend time with him and really pray. Right now I don't have much motivation to do anything. I have a mild pain under my left rib cage when I breathe. It feels a little like a pulled muscle. I've had this happen to me on and off for years. I feel so tired I feel like taking some pills like benadryl and going to sleep for a while.
Joining in lifting up Wendy in prayer! I am so thankful for the time you take to teach us and thankful for everyone else I am learning so much from too. God is so good!
Jennifer Renee, hang in there and know that God loves you and will give you His peace and strength to go through this trying time. I pray that the pain you are experiencing will be lifted and not return in the name of Jesus! Turn on some praise music and I pray that it soothes your soul.
Thank you for the music video and I'm so thankful for his unfailing love and that it endures forever!
Love to all,
Karen C. - cent. OR
Hi GIG,
Praising God is a mighty weapon against the enemy!
We all have so much to be thankful for that our praises should be a constant dripping in the ears of our God. Sometimes that praise is in quietness and awe and at other times it's with loud noises and joyful dancing. Psalm 150
Points to Ponder:
Can you imagine what the armies of heaven look like praising God?
Psalm 148:2
Can you imagine what it looks and sounds like when God makes a heavenly roll call for all the stars of heaven?
In honor of Lift up Wendy Day,
Father, In Jesus Name, we pray for our dear Wendy. We pray that you will immerse her in your peace, love and joy. Restore to her everything she has pour out to bless your dear children through this blog. We know you are faithful not to forget her work and labor of love she has shown to us last year and this year. I pray for a hundred fold return on her investment in your Kingdom. For the sake of your Name. Amen, so be it!
Blessings!
Debbie - North Carolina
Thank You Lord for Wendy and the teaching that takes place on this blog. Thank You for Wendy dedication to you and the ladies on this blog.You have taught us many things Lord through Wendy and the other Ladies. Endless Thanks and Praise!
Psalm146:2-I will sing praises to my God with my dying breath. That really touched me. Amen and Yes Lord.
Psalm 147:3- He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. You are faithful.
Ps 150:6- Let everything that breathes sing praises to the Lord!
Prayers for you Jennifer Renee.
I just lost my post! Wrote a prayer thanking God for our Wendy. Asked Him to bless her and her family, giving her rest and to let her know just how much she is appreciated for her faithfulness, loyalty, her love of the Word and the ability to share with all of us. I know He heard my cry as I lifted her before His Throne of Mercy.
Loved the vlog yoday and Wendy had me in stitches...really laughing out loud about her hair and then to think it was Friday...maybe it was wishful thinking! Just joking!
Travel to Norfolk was a breeze and the hearing test was a good report.
Sarah heard from the MRI the a.m. and it showed only the 1cm carcenoma had cancer and one of the lymph nodes. Looks like it will be a simple lumpectomy on Aug. 4. Thank you for your prayers. We are praising God for His goodness and mercy.
Love ya'll,
Teeny
Dear GIG, I have a prayer request. My dear friends have a 7 year old grandson who has been so very sick since before his birth (he had surgery before he was even born). Yet, this little fellow has been a happy guy, despite never being allowed to eat any food, never being allowed to play outside or do what we think of as normal things. He has had more surgeries and close calls than anyone I have ever heard of. But this little fellow, Mikey, loves Jesus. Mikey has been dying by inches and now if he does not go on his own by tomorrow, the plug (for lack of a better word) will be pulled tomorrow. A hard decision for the mother to make. Harder to sit by the bedside and watch the little guy die little by little. I ask prayer for the family; the grandparents (my friends) are solid Christians. But this is so hard for them. They lost their first son at birth. Thank you.
Lord, lift Wendy up. Grant her rest. We thank you for her and we thank her for using the gift of teaching that You gifted her.
Gaylene
Oh Jesus, we cry out to You on behalf of Mikey! Please Lord, if it is Your will, take him home to you in peace, so his momma doesn't have to make such a hard decision tomorrow. We thank You so much for this boy. Even though he wasn't "perfect" by the world's standards; he was perfect in Your eyes. Apparently his job is done...his purpose is fulfilled. May he rest in peace and may his family find Your peace as they wait here, on this side of heaven to be reunited with their beloved little boy. We don't understand why Lord; but we trust You. Amen.
Blessings sweet Wendy...I SAP for you.....
Rest and contentment to Jen Ren...I SAP for you too...
Morgen
oops! I meant to write "None of the lymph nodes".
Teeny
Morgen, what a beautiful, beautiful prayer for Mikey. I read it out and sent it heavenward.
Teeny, thanks be to God for your safe travels and wonderfully encouraging news about Sarah.
Sleep well, all, especially you, Jen Ren. Tomorrow the Lord Jesus will be waiting to greet you! And perhaps Wendy will be there to greet all of us, too, ha ha ha!!
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Lord,
We lift up little Mikey to you. Father, it just breaks our hearts to hear of Your little boy's suffering. But we know You have compassion to Mikey's parents because You also know what it is like to watch Your own Son suffer. We beg for your mercy that if it be Your will, to take little Mikey home soon. Lord, just like what You did for us with my Mom. You took her the day before we had to make the same hard decision. We do not understand why these things happen. We do not understand why Mikey had to go through what most of us can only imagine. Just like the title of today's reading, Father, this is "Incomprehensible" to us. But we take comfort in the fact that, to You it is not. Please send your angels to minister to his parents and grandparents. We trust You, Father. You know what is best for each and everyone of us. In Jesus' wonderful name. Amen.
Jen Ren, I pray that the "funk" has lifted up and you are having a better day.
Teeny, will keep Sarah in prayers for August 4.
Post a Comment
Home