"But you never ask for help from the One who did all this. You never considered the One who planned this long ago."
Isaiah 22:11b
Isaiah 22:11b
My Take Aways
Something Old:
"In that day there will be an altar to the LORD in the heart of Egypt and there will be a monument to the LORD at its border." Isaiah 19:19
Our enemies, the Lord's enemies will bow at His feet.
"Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place and gave Him the name that is above every name, that at the name of Jesus every knew should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
Philippians 2:9-11
Something New:
Isaiah 22:9-11
When my defenses are stripped away I should not run to my armory or build my own reservoir, I should seek the Lord and ask for His help.
We often don't pause in the middle of our problems to consider the possibility that God planned the problems all along.
Something to Do:
"In his heart a man plans his course;but the LORD determines his steps."
Proverbs 16:9Lord, forgive for not considering you, the One who determines my steps. Help me to recognize that you are the Author and Perfecter of my faith and that sometimes in your perfection of me you allow my defenses to be stripped so I will seek you.






24 Comments:
Wendy,
well...let's try that again :)
Wendy,
I just wanted you to know the reason I love you as a teacher is your honesty and willingness to be real...I have cracked up all week, it's been such a joy. You working through using the flip camera, yes I was one that wondered why you changed your hairstyle! and trying to keep track of the days. It is obvious how much you put into bringing us the Word and I so appreciate the work you do. It has truly touched my soul. I have watched all week and been "sojourning" with the Lord during a time He is working on me and He has used what you have said several times to where I've sat here and just said "Yes Lord, I hear you, please help me do!"
On my way to NC myself via Charlotte to G'boro to visit with my sweet mother this weekend, it's her 70th b-day.
Blessings to you and the ministry there at Proverbs31.
Valerie
Louisville KY
Excellent teaching today Wendy, really! Too many times, when strife hits, I blame the evil one for it all. I do need to pause, and consider the fact that God may be using the situation to refine me; to mold me into the servant He wants me to be. Ouch!
Good Friday to all!
Morgen
Lord, have your way with young Mikey, as your way is the best way – we may not understand the details, but we trust in You alone. Pour a soothing blanket of peace around his parents and grandparents today. Place the right people on their path to say the right things to them. Speak out of the people you select. Today, may your glory shine and may those around draw and cling to You. Amen.
Jennifer Renee, I’m hoping this morning you awake with joy in your heart and a song on your tongue. It’s not the enemy’s way of course –he’d rather you be down in the dumps. Lord, love on Jennifer Renee today, all day long. Place encouraging people to lift her Spirit’s and draw her even closer to You. Amen.
Will be back, Lori
Good morning, GIG's,
Oh Wendy, on so many days I realize exactly why the Lord sent me to your Bible study. You spoke directly to my heart, about things that have been much on my mind this week. Thank you so very much. (BTW, I specifically prayed yesterday that you would catch a nap - smile).
Today my nugget was 19:20-22, and I inserted my name, as this scripture seemed to be speaking right me--
"When [Michelle] cries to the Lord for help against [that which] oppresses her, He will send her a savior who will rescue her. The Lord will make himself known to [Michelle]. Yes, she will know the Lord and will give sacrifices and offerings (service and praise) to Him. She will make a vow to the Lord and keep it. (Yes, I will this time!!!) The Lord will strike [Michelle] and then he will bring healing. For [Michelle] will turn to the Lord, and he will listen to her plea and heal her."
May you all find grace in the eyes of the Lord, today and every day.
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Lori, can't you come over a feast of conversation and some coffee, tea etc. That would be a great day.
I have enjoyed the Psalms so much, and written in my Bible so much that I now can leaf through it and see immediately the one I still can "chew" on and receive nourishment. I am going to add that to my daily reading. Maybe some of the rest of us GIGs would to.
I have been "purified" so many times in my life, and have learned to praise God that He is doing that. Not that I enjoyed it, but knowing that I will be of more value to Him, who made me, loves me more than anyone else, and is building a home for me to live eternally with Him. I have learned to pray now that if I need to be pruned, He will let me know why so that I can learn the lesson quickly, and it not last so long. But I also know that when it is happening I can trust that it is because He loves me immensely. He really cares about me. I am one of His favorites. (You understand that we all are one of His favorites) Blessed be His will for me.
I start my new job next week. Oh, you just thought I was old, well I am not, just aged. I am 22 x 3 + 4. I have been preparing for this over a month now. I WILL not let it interfere in my time with this wonderful study. I will need to post at night more. I will keep in touch maybe not so vocal. Love and blessings ( may we each know what they are).
Donna - TX
Father God, I join with Lori praying for young Mikey, his parents and grandparents. We pray Your presence will hover over them this day and give them comfort.
Jen Ren, thinking of you, praying this day will bring to heights above with the Lord this day. Let us know how you are.
Wendy, you looked rested and beautiful today. You were even able to brush you hair away from your eyes without any trouble! :o)
I also zeroed in on the same verses Is 22:9-11. Confirmation that the valleys were there to draw me closer to the Lord and the plans He had for me. It was during those times that I ran to Him for direction. Guess that was when I was maturing in the Lord and recognizing that He knew what I needed and that it wasn't always an enemy attack. Thank you Wendy for being so open with us and sharing His Truths.
Michelle, I also want to keep my vows to the Lord.
Have a wonderful weekend GIGs. Love ya.
Teeny
Isa 18:4 For the Lord has told me this: “I will watch quietly from my dwelling place.” He is always with us even when we do not realize it. Three things I need to always keep in mind:
Look to the lord for help
Wait on Him
Trust Him
Have a great day everyone,
Linda
Donna,
Congratulations on the job! I love how you say your age: 22x3+4. That kind of mental agility is what keeps you young. :)
Lori, have a safe trip! I will surely have Lori-withdrawals while you're gone. Still hoping that you will e-mail one of us two weeks' worth of comments before you leave.
In today's reading this message to Ethiopia caught my attention:
Isaiah 18:7 "At that time the Lord of Heaven’s Armies will receive gifts from this land divided by rivers, from this tall, smooth-skinned people, who are feared far and wide for their conquests and destruction. They will bring the gifts to Jerusalem, where the Lord of Heaven’s Armies dwells."
When I read this passage before I always thought that it referred to the people of the U.S. but then Chuck Missler mentioned that some people believe that the Ark of the Covenant still exists today! So I went looking...
It was so very interesting to research the Ark of the Covenant in relation to Ethiopia. I had no idea there that there is even a remote possibility that the Ark of the Covenant is still intact somewhere in the world today. Much like everyone else, I thought it was destroyed during the Babylonian siege. But come to think of it, the place where God dwelt on earth can hardly be easily destructible.
Various sites in the internet suggested that Solomon and the Queen of Sheba had a son named Menanick. It was suggested that he stole the Ark and brought it to Ethiopia.
Another conjecture is that the Levites who sought protection under Pharaoh Necho in 2 Kings 21 from Manasseh who was only 12 years old when he became king and wreaked havoc (as only a tween can do) in the temple by erecting pagan statues and other abomination.
The Levite theory seems plausible because then it would explain why Josiah after he cleaned up the temple went up against Pharaoh Necho to retrieve the Ark of the Covenant:
2 Chron 35:20-21 After all this, when Josiah had prepared the temple, Necho king of Egypt came up to fight against Charchemish by Euphrates: and Josiah went out against him. But he sent ambassadors to him, saying, What have I to do with thee, thou king of Judah? I come not against thee this day, but against the house wherewith I have war: for God commanded me to make haste: forbear thee from meddling with God, who is with me, that he destroy thee not.
Josiah did not succeed because he died in that battle.
Years later in Acts 8:25-40, we meet the Ethiopian eunuch. We may think he is just another worshiper who visits the temple every year. But he was in charge of Queen Candace's treasury. He may have been sent on a mission as they undoubtedly heard about Jesus and the works that He was doing in Jerusalem. The eunuch may have been carrying the Ark to present it to Messiah. But when Jesus died, he probably thought he made a mistake. Confused he re-read Isaiah. That is when Philip caught up with him.
It is believed that the Ark is still in Ethiopia in a place called The Chapel of Saint Mary of Zion in Axum, Ethiopia. It is being guarded by "The Keeper of the Ark." One of the internet sites I read (http://tinyurl.com/Ark-Unveiling) said that during the Summit of Religious Leaders, the Patriarch of the Orthodox Church of Ethiopia Abuna Pauolos announced they would unveil the Ark of the Covenant on June 26, 2009. It did not happen.
As to the future, the Ark will probably be revealed after the (Third) Temple is rebuilt. (This is the temple where antichrist will perform that abomination of desolation in Daniel 9:27.) Maybe that is what they are talking about in Isaiah 18:7.
Have a blessed day everyone!
Hi Everybody,
Prayers were lifted for all requested.
The Lord’s word….been truly amazing …I’m in such aaaawah!! So much to say just don’t know how. Beyond my comprehension. Today was just doing research. The word “key” today caught my eye. Looked it up in dictionary. Com over 49 different views of this little 3 letter word: “key” the info right after comes form the New American Bible.
I was focused on these “key“ terms:
4. something that affords a means of access: the key to happiness.
6. something that affords a means of clarifying a problem.
7. a book, pamphlet, or other text containing the solutions or translations of material given elsewhere, as testing exercises…….. (What book gives us the answers to our happiness….clarifying a problems…solutions???) …..Pondering the “keys”…to life today!…… the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven .
Isaiah 22:22
I will place the key* of the House of David on his shoulder; when he opens, no one shall shut, when he shuts, no one shall open.
Footnote for 22:22: Key: symbol of authority; cf Mt 16, 19; Rv 3,7
Mt. 16:19: I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven.* Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
I found this footnote packed with great info…
Footnote for 16:19: The keys to the kingdom of heaven: the image of the keys is probably drawn from Is 22:15-25, where Eliakim, who succeeds Shebnah as master of the palace, is given “the key of the house of David,” which he authoritatively “opens” and “shuts” (Is 22:22). Whatever you bind…loosed in heaven: there are many instances in rabbinic literature of the binding-loosing imagery. Of the several meanings given there to the metaphor, two are of special importance here: the giving of authoritative teaching, and the lifting or imposing of the ban of excommunication. It is disputed whether the image of the keys and that of binding and loosing are different metaphors meaning the same thing. In any case, the promise of the keys is given to Peter alone. In Mt 18:18 all the disciples are given the power of binding and loosing, but the context of that verse suggests that there the power of excommunication alone is intended. That the keys are those to the kingdom of heaven and that Peter’s exercise of authority in the church on earth will be confirmed in heaven show an intimate connection between, but not an identification of, the church and the kingdom of heaven.
Rev 3:7: To Philadelphia.* “To the angel of the church in Philadelphia,* write this: “The holy one, ther true, who holds the key of David, who opens and no one shall close, who closes and on one shall open, say this:
Footnote 3:7: Philadelphia: modern Alasehir, ca. thirty miles southeast of Sardis, founded by Attalus II Philadelphus of Pergamum to be an “open door” (8) for Greek culture; it was destroyed by an earthquake in A.D. 17. Rebuilt by money from the Emperor Tiberius, the city was renamed Neo_Caesarea; this may explain the allusions to “name” in v 12. Key of David: to the heavenly city of David (cf Is 22;22), “the new Jerusalem” (12) over which Christ has supreme authority.
Am I grabbing for the right set of “Keys” today?
Rhonda
This comment has been removed by the author.
Happy Friday!
Thank you so much for your lesson today, Wendy! I’m glad that yesterday was NOT Friday, cuz today’s teaching was good, good, good! You know what is sinking in my little brain…God is a jealous God and He loves us and wants us to Himself. We need to praise Him all of the time – no matter if it’s a good day, or if it’s a bad day. We don’t need to be concerned with the why’s --- (Oh it was the enemy that allowed this to happen) We just need to keep our focus on our Father. It really does not matter who caused our trial to happen. We are going to waste precious time trying to figure out why something is happening …What we need to think about is how are we going to act through our trial. Are we going to trust in the LORD to be with us every single step? Will others’ notice the evidence of the fruit – coming out due to the indwelling of the Holy Spirit?
More and more, as we stay in His precious Word, we will learn to listen for Him. We will be guided by the Holy Spirit to seek Him first. Bit by bit, we won’t run to the phone –we’ll go straight to the throne! We will grow to look for the miracles in our day, even through our sufferings. The quicker we realize this the more our days will be filled with joy and peace; and, God’s eyes will be full of delight!
Lord, help me not be selfish and do things my own way. I know if I choose this route You will get my attention one way or another. A snip. (5) A tear. (6) A gnaw. (6) When I’m concentrating on “my plans” (5) and being of “this world” (3) and letting my ‘own idols’ (19:1) take precedence over You, you will bring me down. You will not give up on me, and I am thankful for this. I pray that your Holy Spirit will fill me to the brim. That I will be in tune to your voice. That your will, will be my will, also. That your Word will guide me. Sanctify me closer to You, oh Lord! May your love consume me, from the inside---out! Oh, Lord, your way is the only way to experience pure joy and peace! Thank you today for your Word. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.
Today may we passionately seek Him as we walk along with Christ! Another day is before us, girls! A day - to praise the Lord. A day - to give our thanks to Him. A day – to love those around us! Tight hugs coming your way! Lori
PS Sweet G & P, there you go again spoiling us rotten as you dig - deep, deep, deep! I just love this talent God has gifted you with! I’m around one more day! Smile! It’s going to kill me to be off the computer for 2 weeks! But, ya know what? It’s going to be good. I can’t wait to see how BIG my GOD is. He is going to be my teacher, so I know it will be awesome. And, I expect ya’ll to carry on strong! I want to see TONS of posts (daily!) when I come back. So many that I can’t even read them all! Ha-ha!!!
Donna, sitting across from you and sipping some tea, would just be the icing on the cake! I could sure learn a lot from your wisdom! You go girl at your new job!!! Smile! We will miss your l o n g posts, but, we know you will not forget about us!
From Oswald Chambers in relation to Wendy's vlog today:
July 16 "how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! —Matthew 7:11
Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct in this passage for those people who have His Spirit. He urges us to keep our minds filled with the concept of God’s control over everything, which means that a disciple must maintain an attitude of perfect trust and an eagerness to ask and to seek.
Fill your mind with the thought that God is there. And once your mind is truly filled with that thought, when you experience difficulties it will be as easy as breathing for you to remember, “My heavenly Father knows all about this!” This will be no effort at all, but will be a natural thing for you when difficulties and uncertainties arise. Before you formed this concept of divine control so powerfully in your mind, you used to go from person to person seeking help, but now you go to God about it. Jesus is laying down the rules of conduct for those people who have His Spirit, and it works on the following principle: God is my Father, He loves me, and I will never think of anything that He will forget, so why should I worry?
Jesus said there are times when God cannot lift the darkness from you, but you should trust Him. At times God will appear like an unkind friend, but He is not; He will appear like an unnatural father, but He is not; He will appear like an unjust judge, but He is not. Keep the thought that the mind of God is behind all things strong and growing. Not even the smallest detail of life happens unless God’s will is behind it. Therefore, you can rest in perfect confidence in Him. Prayer is not only asking, but is an attitude of the mind which produces the atmosphere in which asking is perfectly natural. “Ask, and it will be given to you . . .” (Matthew 7:7 ).
Would you remember my husband and mission team of 6 others as they are in the Dominican Republic until next Friday. They are teaching and preaching the Word and helping establish new churches. It is the area our Spanish Missions director in the association grew up. His daughter was the one injured badly in the van accident months ago. Therefore, his wife could not go and direct VBS this year.His dad is a retired pastor there. They will be in the city where Haitians come into for food and supplies.
The devil tried to interfere by not letting the son go as an interpreter with dad, but he went with the team anyway. Also, there was a contraversy about paying for 2 tickets, and the individuals paid for their own way. Pray for them as the heat of summer is very hot there.
Is. 22:23 where the Lord says He will drive him (Eliakim) firmly in place like a nail in the wall. I pray God will do the same with us when we are in and doing His Will.
Have a great weekend all.
Linda
Lori....Have a wonderful peaceful vacation! We will miss you.
Rhonda
JenRen, I hope that today is a happier day!
Donna, when is your trip to Turkey? I would love to be able to something like that someday ... but I'd be happy to pray for you while you're gone. Congrats on your new job!
Lori, YAY! I'm excited! I'm going to be gone at the same time as you, so I won't miss so much! :-D We're in and out for the next three weeks traveling and driving the kids back and forth on their vacation, so as much as I hate to miss anything, I may not be able to catch up on everything. At least there will be something that I won't be missing!
Grace and Peace, there's a fiction book written about the Ark. I've always wondered what happened to it, and I thought this book was really interesting when I read it last year. It is based on the theories that you researched. It's by Ted Dekker. Here's a link: http://www.teddekker.com/2009/03/10/a-man-called-blessed/.
What caught my attention today was that our reading contained the prophecy about the Nile drying up that G & P talked about recently. I listed the other things that are going to happen (If they haven't already); besides what G&P listed, that Heliopolis would be a city of faith, along with others; that there will be a monument to God, etc. I looked up Heliopolis to see if it exists now, and it does - it's a suburb of Cairo that has been enveloped by the city. It's been very multiculturally diverse for the past 100 years or so and does contain a Jewish synagogue and a Catholic church.
Kristi, I checked out your blogs last night. It was nice to see that someone else is so close by! My children have at least one of your groundhog books. We love it!
Have a great weekend, everyone!
Hello GIG'S!!!! I have missed you OH so much. I was without internet--GASP--and was reading on my own the last few days. As I read and prayed, I wondered about each you and the things that we have been praying for.
God knocked me down a peg Monday night and then doubly blessed me on Tuesday. I spent Monday evening with a wonderful lady and friend from church. On the way home, I burst into tears over my finances. I cried all the way home asking God "why". Why when I have been praying for over a month have you not met this need? Why when I have asked others to pray have you not blessed me? When I got home I went to His word instead of food which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. He led me to right where He wanted me to read and I was SO humbled. The next day, my husband (whom I am seperated from) came into my office and handed me a check. With confusion I looked at him and he said "it's your half of the state tax returns". I responded with "but I thought we already took care of that" to which he replied" I thought you should have it". Praise the Lord!!! He answered in a way I least expected, in a way that I was not figuring out in my head. Isn't that just like God????
So thankful for each of you and the insight and blessings you bring to my day.
Blessings
Jessica B.
Lori, have a great vacation. I'm sure God will reveal new and wonderful things to you in these next weeks. You can count on it. I will miss you mightily. Then I'll be in Nags Head, N.C. the second week of August (a beach vacation for me, husband, son, and Lauren and her new husband instead of us going to TN.)So I'll see ya in a month, twin!!
Linda, SAPing for your husband and his mission team.
Donna, good luck to you in your new job! How exciting!
Kristin, I meant to send you a PTL the other day about Rebecca being home. Thanks for sharing that good news, and continued prayers for her.
Jodi in the Boston area, I've been pondering your church question.I hope my answer isn't too wordy.When my children were young we attended the Roman Catholic Church in our town, and did CCD, but it was mainly just a Sunday morning thing. It didn't permeate the rest of our lives. Then we moved to Florida for a year, and attended a Roman Catholic Church that was just what a church should be, and God got a hold of me! We were only there a year, then back to New England, where I tried in vain to find a church that could make me feel the way the Florida church did. Bottom line is, I never have. We attended a RC church for a few more years, then drifted off after 9/11 and the priest abuse scandal here. But about 4 years ago, on my own, I started to get reacquainted with the Lord through His word, and my walk has been getting better and better all the time. I have a spiritual mentor/friend, and I now have Wendy and you all! So for the time being, that's church for me. I am glad I made sure my children had religion in their lives, and I hope they both get back into it in their own time.
Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England
Wow Jessica, that is wonderful, wonderful news. I have tears in my eyes and am sooooo happy for you! God is so good all the time! I wish I were with you and we could do a happy dance -- like Snoopy on top of his dog house, ha ha ha! Oh my, I'm probably dating myself with that one. Anyway, PTL is right! THANKS for sharing, Sister. Prayers DO get answered!!
Michelle in New England
Dear Lord,
I thank you for this group of women. Women who even though we have not met each other, we consider each other a sister for that is what we are through you.
Lord I lift up Jennifer Renee to you. You know her need Lord. I ask that you wrap your arms around her and allow her to feel your peace. Give her true and perfect rest Lord so that she may be open to where you will lead her. Guide her Lord as she deals with the illnes that is afflicting her.
Lord I lift up Mikey and his family. My heart is aching Lord for this family and the decision that the face. Bless them Lord, each one of them, and may this heartache be used for your glory. Lord we do not know your ways but you instruct us to trust and that is what we do right now.
We give you praise and glory for all you have done, all you are going to do and for who you are.
In Jesus Name
Amen
Michelle--
LOL I LOVE to do the Snoopy Dance so thank you for doing it with me.
Jessica
Dear GIG, just wanted to give you an update on Mikey and to say thank you for your prayers. He made a comeback early this morning for now, is breathing on his own, his heart rate is stable for now. His situation is still touch and go, but we know he is in Lord's sight and hands. I ask that you continue to keep the family in your prayers. I have shared the prayers with the family and they were so touched. Thank you.
Lifting the needs up to the Father of those shared and offering praise for all He has done and is doing!
Humbled by all of you,
Gaylene
Glad to hear Mikey is breathing on his own. May God's peace be with that family at this time.
Good lesson today. You direct our steps Lord and we need to "tarry" when making a decision or giving a response to someone. (I know that was yesterday) But I now see how I rushed it and now he is directing me.
Love,
Debra
awesome blog, do you have twitter or facebook? i will bookmark this page thanks. peace maria
Post a Comment
Home