Open Blog Weekend July 17-18
Welcome Weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so looking forward to the weekend. No big plans, just hanging out at home and I LOVE home. Probably a family movie night tomorrow night and maybe even a date night with my man Sunday.

I spoke earlier this week of She Seeks and my friend Samantha's article. Here is the link to her wonderful article nothing's wrong. The second link is a response from the man Samantha's article you are worthy.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. My Blaire is home from a week at the Student Life Conference in Daytona. She listened to a week of teaching by Louie Giglio and worship of Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman. I am green! Finally all the family is home!

Oh, p.s. Here is another great piece written by Melissa Taylor and her son Dylan.

P.S.S.
I forgot, I do have something on the schedule. I am going to a Coupon Clipping class at my church tomorrow morning. Before the class: breakfast with friends.



32 Comments:

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Right now we are having a thunder storm here in D.C. and surrounding areas. It's been raining on and off this week.

I've had Mikey on my mind and in my prayers. I'm happy to hear that he is breathing on his own.

Lori and Amy have a wonderful vacation. I'll miss you both but I know that we have the others on this blog to draw from. Lori I'll keep your words of encouragement in my heart.

Yesterday, Friday, I woke up at 6:30 a.m. because I had a dentist appointment at 9:00. I was being picked up at 7:30 because sometimes it takes an hour to get there especially if the transportation service I use has to pick up and drop off someone else before dropping me off. I was getting a little stressed out while getting ready to leave because my dentist is in the building next door to where I used to work and all I could think about is how I used to leave that early and not get home until after 8:30 at night most of the time. This year my dentist appointments have been later in the day so going hasn't stressed me out before. I got back home by 12:00. I took two Melatonin and by 2:00 I was asleep and didn't get up until 8:30 Friday evening. I'm ready to go back to bed.

Before I sign off there is two songs I want to share. The first one I wanted to share when we were in the Psalms but I couldn't find it until Thursday night. Both songs are the types of songs my church sings sometimes during our praise and worship. They're a medley of short songs that are praise team sings. Our choirs do sing other songs during the service. We do a lot of singing at my church and we get some wonderful word from our pastor.

West Angeles Mass Choir Celebration Medley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F54OylH_dQ&feature=related

West Angeles Mass Choir Worship Medley
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yfHtyjEO3U&feature=related

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Jennifer Renee,
Glad to hear you're now well rested. Did you feel the earthquake over there? That was bizarre. Strange things going on in the world. Reminds me of the birthpangs Jesus talked about.

Jekka,
Your testimony made me cry too! Praise God!!!!

Gaylene,
Thank you for the update on Mikey. Will certainly keep him in prayers.

Michelle,
You're going on vacation too? I do hope you have internet access!

Amy,
Thanks for the book reference. I will put that on my list once my schedule opens up.

Lori,
Aloha!

Wendy,
Have fun in your coupon cutting class. I came here around 9 pm our time but spent a good time going to the links you provided. Thank you. Enjoy your relaxing weekend.

I'll be back to post later. Not finished reading the Jon Courson commentary yet

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sure am glad that today's reading got us to end of chapter 29. I wanted to see some relief. I think that vs 9 & 10 are some of the angriest I have read from the Lord. Chpt. 26 vs 6 - 11, have any of you ever heard what a well read Jew would say about those verses. But 29:11 explains it.....they are like a sealed book to them. "We can't read it.We don't know how to read" I would love to be able to talk with them about it. It is so pointed to me, but we know that our Lord has said that they are blind now.

Be on your guard to know when your LORD - will I be able to say 26:15 "O LORD, you have made our nation great; yes, you have made us great. You have extended our borders, and we give You the glory!" before my life is over. I pray for my grand - great grand children that they can say this. That our land will have a revival and turn back to You.

Amy you ask about my time in Turkey, it is Oct. 5 - 15. I will remind you all about this again. No doubt.

Be aware of when the Lord blesses you today, if my prayer for all.

Donna - TX

Anonymous Anonymous said...

G & P thanks so much for your telling us about the Ark. Most interesting.
Donna _ TX

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jacque here, away from home, so must be short.
It has been a tough week or so and I am so grateful for the blessings and prayers you friends have offered. I am a bit behind on my readings and a few of Wendy's classes but I am trying to pop in to keep up with your comments for now. It is like sitting in on the conversations of friends. Just comforting. I have decided to "seek wise counsel" and this helps to keep everything in perspective-- my mom, my job, my son.

I just will share that we talked to Michael a few days ago and he sounds very good. He wrote us a letter which includes this, "I've been working on my spirituality. On Monday a guy came in for bible study that we had the option to go. I went and it wasn't as lame as I thought it would be ". He wants to write to his godmother who has a son the same age also with alcohol dependency.
I just want to say thank you all for the continuing prayers!

Isaiah 25:1
O Lord I will honor and praise your name
For you are my God.
You do such wonderful things!
You planned them long ago,
And now you have accomplished them.

I need to honor and praise even when I don't yet see the outcome.

I keep you all in my prayers daily, for you are all so loved.

Blessengs,
Jacque

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIGs,

Thanks for hunting up those musical selections for us,Jen Ren. I am going to give a listen after I post.

G&P, I almost forgot that I WILL have internet access on vacation! Yippee!

Cindy, I was remiss in joining you in praise for your son's math teaching job! Halleluijah! I realized as I prayed for all our children yesterday that I didn't have your son's name, or other children if you have them. I would love to add them/him to the list. I really enjoy praying for our children.

Today's reading had lots of scary parts, but it also had one of my favorite pieces of scripture--
Isaiah 26:3
"You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, all whose thoughts are fixed on you!"

When we look to God's word for instructions about our lives, that is one of the most useful precepts contained in the Bible. When unwanted thoughts come into our heads - anxious thoughts, angry thoughts, confused thoughts, sad thoughts, God is right there ready to help us -- if we turn our thoughts to Him. Yes, there are issues underlying those negative thoughts, issues we may have to deal with or work through, but we don't have to do it alone. The Lord, and his holy word, is there to help. "If He brings you to it, He'll bring you through it!" I don't recall who authored that, but the point is, we need to seek His help through prayer, praise, pondering His word/instructions, and whatever other activity keeps us connected to him. "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard our hearts [emotions] and our minds [thoughts] in Jesus Christ." (Philippians 4:6)

Wendy, have a relaxing, restful weekend!

Have a blessed, 4:8 day, friends.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Jacque, thanks for popping in, Sister. {Big smile}. So good to hear from you, and with a little bit of encouraging news. One step at a time!! Continuing prayers for you all!

Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Dear friends, I am back with a prayer request. My sister Denise is being taken to the hospital right now by her husband. She may be having a reaction to a new kidney medication. I would covet your prayers that the Lord would send wisdom to the doctors to bring Denise relief quickly. Thank you.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wendy - Sounds like a wonderful week-end: domestic bliss I think it is called!

I have tried coupon clipping many times, but somehow I end up spending more! Perhaps a class is what I need....Especially since we have 8 for dinner most nights (my married daughter lives 2 blocks from me)

Chris Tomlin and Matt Redman are two of my favorite worship singers - a bit green here too!

GIG's - I started a facebook account on Wed. I have mixed emotions this AM. I do love it,
but I am 3 days behind on my Bible readings. A real time consumer, as I have heard most comment.
Nevertheless, it is a blessing to reconnect with so many old friends (and new) and out-of-state relatives. This lady will need to exert some good ol' fashioned self control on this one, and really pray about my time on facebook.

Hoping you all have a wonderful, mid-summer week-end. I have a wedding today, a niece. Blessings behold - it is an alcohol-free affair. Don't seem to see too much of that anymore.

AND, I plan to catch up on my Scriptures!

Rhonda in New York State

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning, GIGs.
Praising God for the report that Mikey is breathing on his own;
Jacque's Michael is thinking of another who has substance abuse and is attending Bible study;
Jekka's financial testimony (Thank You for her husband's check). Lord You are always on time and You do work in ways we could never imagine.
Traveling mercies for all you vacationeers. Will miss your posts.
G&P, thank you for the info on the Ark.
Today's readings: Ps 26:3 is also one of my favorites, Michelle.

Ps 25:6 reminded me of the marriage feast of the Lord.Rev 19:9
v.8 He will swallow up death forever! He will wipe away all tears. Rev 7:17 and Rev 21:4
What a glorious day that will be!

Wendy, praying you have a restful weekend and are being refreshed by Holy Spirit.
Love ya'll. Teeny

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle, SAPing for Denise. Father God, give the doctors wisdom as they minister to Denise. Calm her fears and fill her with Your peace. May her husband be an encouragement to her. Be with Michelle as she awaits news. Thank You for never leaving us or forsaking us. Minister to their needs as only You can. In the mighty Name of Jesus of Nazareth. Amen. Teeny

Anonymous Jennifer Renee said...

Michelle, SAPed for Denise and your family.

Remember, when the world pushes you to your knees, you're in the perfect position to pray.

Anonymous Lori said...

Well, ya’ll I feel like I’m saying good-bye to my little prayer dog! Ya’ll are just about that special to me, you truly are! I sure don’t want to question the Lord’s goodness, but I’m amazed that we are the chosen few that He has blessed –daily we meet here to talk about His Word, his good deeds, and our prayer requests. There is no spot I’d rather be!

I’m not taking my prayer journal as my suitcase is already fat enough with the over-flow going into my husband’s -luckily, he always has some extra room for me! But, I think I’m good, cuz truly blue, I know you all so well, that God will bring those to mind that need praying for! Daily, I’ll be praying for sweet Wendy, for each one of us in the group, (to be filled with His Spirit, for a verse to be opened up as we read each day, and for our love of His Word to swell in our hearts, for love to flow from the inside-out as we influence others’ that we come into contact with…) for our children (extra ones for Michael, Dylan, Ryan, Christopher, and sweet Wangui.) Placing a prayer hedge around them. - (Thanks Brandee). Stephanie, hope kailyn does not come till I return! Praying for you, too sweetie! And, sweetie-pie – Jennifer Renee – you are tucked right in close and I’ll be lifting up special prayers for you. I actually have a little surprise for you that I will mail out once I get back home!!! Remember, God’s Word. When you feel the enemy attacking your thoughts, go to the throne. He will be waiting there every single time. I love what Michelle wrote, today –last paragraph…so, so true!

Wendy, I wish I was attending the coupon class with you! This is an area I’m working on! Trying to teach my boy’s frugality in ways that are available to us. My problem is when I’m at the check-out, I realize my little organized coupon folder is at home! So, now, I’m getting in the habit of leaving it in the car! Your weekend is my favorite kind! Family time, one on one with hubby, and NOT a lot of places to have to go to! Home sweet home!

Michelle, what a fun family trip you have coming up! Amy, you too, the memories you are making with Andi & Luke!

We will have internet access (is there a place that does NOT have it! smile), but we’re just choosing to go tech free, for our vacation. Of course - Dave’s idea, not mine! Ha-ha!

Jekka, your story so touched me! God is big enough for our EVERY situation.

Gaylene, thank you for the update…God is still working with this little guy.

Rhonda, just wondering what you’ve got up your sleeve for the weekend! It’s always interesting at your place!

Jacque, nice to read your update before taking off. May God be your Rock, may he hold you up when you begin to fall down. May he direct each step, so that everything is done His perfect way. Hold on to Isaiah 26:3 & 4. What do we have to fear? We’ve got God on our side. Thank you dear Lord for being next to Michael. Keep drawing him closer to You.

Rhonda in NY, scriptures first, then facebook…smile!

Prayed for Denise on my walk…Lord, we want Your will in her life. Draw others’ closer to you, through her suffering. Be right back with today’s comments! Hugs, Lori

Anonymous Lori said...

My highlight in today’s reading was along the same lines as many of you, too! And, I bet Wendy would have taught us something good re: Isaiah 26:3-4.

“You will keep in perfect peace
All who trust in you,
All whose thoughts are fixed on you!
Trust in the LORD always,
For the LORD GOD is the eternal Rock.”

I believe these scriptures are worth memorizing!

And, I loved –absolutely loved:
“…in the morning I earnestly seek for God” (9).

We can’t help but stay humbled when we really believe:
“all we have accomplished is really from you” [!] (12)

Lord, may you keep your Word alive in each one of us. May we not become hypocrites like the Pharisees were: “these people say they are mine. They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. And their worship of me is nothing but man-made rules learned by rote” (29:13). Allow your Holy Spirit to fill each one of us up, so that truly your love pours right out of us. May those around us see your fruit, may they want what we have. Help us as we read your Word, to believe it, not just read it for knowledge: but to really live it out. May your perfect peace surround our day and bring You delight as you look down upon us. We love you dear Lord Jesus. Today, we seek to know You more. Intentionally and on purpose we will be on a look out for you. Today may you get the glory in all things. “We stand in awe of you…and may the wayward gain your understanding” (29:24) and come to believe in You. In your precious name we pray, Amen.

Ya’ll God is on our side! Hold on to that and live a day in victory…seeking Him in everything you do! Praise You dear LORD for this day, - another day to lift praises and give thanks to You - for all You have done for us!

See ya’ll in a couple of weeks!

All my love, Lori

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saturday already GIG!

Readings of prophecy. I never knew how much prophecy there was in the Old Testament until this study. And how it has all come true to date. Now we come to those times that are yet to come and I must believe that they will be fulfilled as well.

Per Jon Courson - "Why would a God of love do this? Because year after decade after generation, this God of love has been speaking to mankind- extending grace, love and compassion. But man has rejected it all. So God, in His wisdom, will pour out his wrath to shake up the world. Some who would not respond to grace and love will turn to the Lord in that day. That's why God devotes one-fourth of his Word to not only telling us of His love, grace and mercy, but warning us of the consequences if we don't respond. Sin must be judged or else God would not be just or holy. Therefore, man has a choice; to submit to the One who bore the judgment for his sin on the Cross of Calvary or to face the judgment that will be hurled upon him the day of Tribulation."

I love the baby born in Bethlehem, the celebrations and joy and peace on earth thoughts. I cry with the Easter story. I rejoice at the resurection. But there will come a judgment time too that I cringe at. But in order to have the peace on earth time - when the lion shall lay down with the lamb -
there must be a judgment time. I understand that now. Thank you God for that new understanding!
As Paul says, now we see through a glass darkly, but when we see Jesus face to face, we'll say, "We have waited for Him - and here He is. This is our God." " How our heart craves eternity. Don't give up. Don't live for this planet. Keep your hearts and minds on things above."

This is a long post for me today. All the sad news for families, all the joyous times and all the uncertain times have really been in my mind lately with prayers.

As I think of the breast biopsy I have to undergo this Wednesday, I rest in the Lord - Thy will and not mine be done. Actually I fear the needle more than the outcome!
Needles shouldn't go in some places - like mouths or breasts. Smile!!!!
Hugs, Dixie in Florida

Blogger Michelle said...

Thank you, friends, for the prayers for Denise.

Dixie, SAPing now and frequently til Wednesday concerning your biopsy!

Lori, ouch, I am soooo going to miss you! May the sharpest of heaven's angels provide travel protection for you and yours, I pray in Jesus' name, Amen!

Michelle in New England

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dixie, SAPing for your biopsy on Wed. and will lift you up daily. May His peace overflow within you.

Love ya, Teeny

Blogger ~Grace and Peace said...

Michelle,
SAP'd for Denise. Have you heard anything yet? Praying that they have found the solution to her medical emergency. Peace for you as you wait. Remember what you posted above? The enemy tried to attack your peace. (((:×GS))

Dixie,
You saved me from typing out the Courson comments. Thank you!
Also, from someone also scared of needles, I feel for you sister. Will pray for you between now & Wednesday and also after that as you wait for the result. May God's healing touch envelope you.

Jacque,
So glad you popped in. May God continue to work on Michael. Praise Him for the work He is doing now!

SAP for all who writes. That way I can keep up.

Is. 24:14-16 But all who are left(those of us not on vacation or at the drs.) shout and sing for joy.

Those in the west praise the LORD'S majesty. (I'm west of the MIssissippi so I praise our King of Kings and Lord of Lords.)

In eastern lands, give glory to the LORD. (Sisters, I know you are.)

In the lands beyond the sea, praise the name of the LORD, the God of Israel. (Surely someone over there is praising our Lord right now.)

We hear songs of praise from the ends of the earth, songs that give glory to the Righteous One!
(In unison, Praise ye the Lord! Hallujah!)

Yesterday, God woke up my granddaughter and me during our nap.Outside our window was loud thunder and lightning, with rain so
hard I could not see outside. He truly was our refuge from the storm as in Is. 25:4 says. We clung to each other. I assured her Jesus was with us, and He was.
So why do I not run to Him more often? Why does it take a storm for me to keep praying? Pray without ceasing.

Blessings on everyone's weekend. Pleas remember me while hubby is in Dominican Republic. I'm staying with my son's family at night so I can have sweet sleep :) There's not much air conditioning in DR, so nights are hot too.

Linda

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori: It did make me smile...Thank you. Rhonda in New York State

Blogger Rhonda said...

Hi Everybody,

Wendy, I am so with you….WELCOME WEEKEND!!!!!!!!! (I loved all those exclamation marks). I Remembered what you said earlier in the week about them (the exclamation mark).

Lori it has been an amazing week for me. With Brady in district all week there has been extra running having to travel 1 hr. away every night. They stayed winning once 2 loses than you were done. Last nights game came the second loss. The psalms we had on July 15 that night before going a few were read to Him. He doesn’t seem to mind when I ask Him if I can read some of his word to Him. You know with sports and how some are in them….Thinking they are the best and strongest….the attitudes they portray. We are trying our best to not get hooked into that line of thinking….staying humble. ….knowing who gave Him that talent…and where real strength comes from. One thing sports is teaching Him is there are going to be ups and downs. Tuesday night was a real downer….I truly believe God’s keeps those he loves humble. He was 0 for 4. Wednesday night was okay. Thursday night …..how my prayer time was that morning ….his spirit was moving in Me…The hedge I felt going around Him…For a 14 yr old he is pretty obedient when asked to do something….Me asking Him if I could read some of the verses….Him so willing to listen….gives me a sense of peace….Knowing His foundation is being built in Him matters so much to me.….To be strong in Him….He got another Homerun that night and also last night. He pitched lasts nights game. They did lose 17 to 15 very high scoring game….was the top team whom had no loses.

On Thursday these here psalms came off the page for me that morning for him:
*Psalm 146:3, Don’t put your confidence in powerful people; there is no help for you there.
*146:4, Give thanks to him who alone does mighty miracles………. His faithful love endures forever.
*146:12, He acted with a strong hand and powerful arm………. His faithful love endures forever.
*146 23 He remembered us in our weakness….His faithful love endures forever.
*147:5 how great is the Lord! His power is absolute!
*147:6 The LORD supports the humble. He brings the wicked down into the dust.
*147:10-11 he takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might. No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love.
*148:14...He has made his people strong, honoring his faithful ones--the people of Israel who are close to him.
*149:4-5 For the LORD delights in his people, he crowns the humble with victory.
*149:6 Let the praise of God be in their mouths.

The footnote for psalm 146: A hymn of someone who has learned there is no other source of strength except the merciful God. Only God, not mortal humans (3-4), can help vulnerable and oppressed people (5-9).

147: 10-11: Acknowledging one’s dependence upon God rather than claiming self-sufficiency pleases God. Cf ps20:8; 33:16:-19
Psalm 20:8-10 Some rely on Christ, others on horses, but we on the name of the LORD our God. They collapse and fall, but we stand strong and firm. LORD, grant victory to the king; answer when we call upon you.

Psalm 33:16-19: A king is not saved by a mighty army, nor a warrior delivered by great strength. Useless is the horse for safety; its great strength, no sure escape. But the LORD’s eye are upon the reverent, upon those who hope for his gracious help, delivering them from death, keeping them alive in times of famine. Our souls waits for the LORD, who is our help and shield. For in God our hearts rejoice; in your holy name we trust. May your kindness, LORD, be upon us; ……. we have our hope in you.

Thank you Lord for putting this page reading on this day. You are truly amazing. Praise all to YOU!! Thank You Lord.

Lori enjoy your vacation!!!! G&P & I did get a lot of names signed that day of the petition….for you to have your comment made for us to enjoy.

Praying for all….Thanks all
Rhonda

Blogger Rhonda said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Blogger Michelle said...

Linda, I pray that our almighty and gracious Father will fill you up with his peace this week while you pray for your husband, his team and their mission work in the DR. Father, please protect this team from all harm, from evil forces that would seek to impede them, from discouragement, fatigue and longing for home and loved ones. Pour the Holy Spirit into them, and let it shine out of their eyes, their mouths and their hands as they seek to do Your perfect will, and bring Your holy word to others. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Michelle said...

Me again.... I just heard from my brother-in-law that Denise's fever has been reduced from 102 to about 100 and she is feeling a little better. She has just been given a room, so at least she won't spend the night in the ER. Now they need to find the site of the infection. Thank you again for your prayers.\

Michelle in New England

Blogger Cindy in PA said...

Thank you Michelle (in New England) for praising God for my son's first teaching position. His name is Jeff.

I have a daughter Jessa that will be going off to college in August. This is her third year and the first two haven't been stellar by any stretch of the imagination. I'll surely be requesting more prayers in the future for her!

A couple verses from Saturday's reading: Isaiah 26:12, "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."
Then I backtracked to Isaish 26:3, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Can you all tell I'm struggling for peace at this moment? I do trust in God, yet today my mind is not very steadfast (fixed in direction) toward Him. I need to calm down and focus on Him and then His perfect peace can descend on me once again.

Blogger Jekka said...

Just popping in to say I love each and every one of you. I had a 12 hour work day today and I am EXHAUSTED. So happy to read about Michael attending Bible Study and Mikey breathing on his own.

I will write more tomorrow after rest and church.

Jessica

Blogger Jekka said...

Jennifer Renee I forgot to say that I was glad to hear you finally obtained some rest. Keep taking the Melatonin daily. It made a difference for me. Off to take mine now :>)

Blogger Michelle said...

Good morning, GIGs,

In today's reading, I underlined two very similar lines in two of the chapters, that struck me as soothing. (Isaiah 30:15)
"This is what the Sovereign LORD,
the Holy One of Israel, says.
'Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.'

And later, (Isaiah 32:16-18)
"Justice will rule in the wilderness and righteousness in the fertile field.
And this righteousness will bring peace.
Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever.
My people will live in safety, quietly at home.
They will be at rest."

To be in peace, in quietness, and resting in our homes -- in our earthly homes which we strive to make places of peace and rest, and also in the "home" that is our relationship with the Lord--this is where we can feel confident and safe. AMEN! (Stephanie, maybe pondering these verses will make your bed rest easier to take - smile)

Jessica, I hope you can get some rest today after your looong work day yesterday. Have a blessed day, Sister.

Jen Ren, I want to share with you that last year I was put on cholesterol meds. At first everything seemed okay in terms of no side effects. But, after a few months I started noticing I would wake up grumpy for no good reason. And then at seven months into it, one day I suddenly had terrible neck pains that then radiated into the back of my head, my shoulders and my arms. It was debilitating!! Yep, it was the cholesterol meds. The doctor quickly took me off the meds and the pain disappeared. Please be careful on your new cholesterol meds that you don't misinterpret symptoms that may be side effects of these drugs.

Dear friends, I would covet your continued prayers for Denise. She had a rough night, may have to have a bronchoscopy today, and is in a very drugged state right now. Her husband thinks it best if I hold off on visiting. I'll plan to go to Boston tomorrow.

Prayers for all needs, especially Mikey, Rebecca, Sarah, Dixie, Michael, and Linda's husband.

Have a blessed, 4:8 Sunday, all!

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Blogger Gaylene said...

SAP for the needs shared, especially for Denise.

"Blessed are those who wait for His help" 30:19 Waiting is often so hard. The notes in my bible say that this waiting is trusting Him when a situation looks hopeless. But, when we wait for His help, we can find rest, strength, love, and compassion (30:13 & 18). Perhaps, though, if we (I)would first run to Him (consult Him, make plans that are from Him, 30:2), the wait would not be so hard.

Have a wonderful Sabbath!
Gaylene

Blogger Unknown said...

Loice's taking from this weekends Reading: I had a long week with a friend of mine loosing a father on Monday, just two weeks after the brother had passed on. It was those times you ask the Lord, Why again father to this family??? The Sunday before, we had our pastor preach on the Lords prayer which says"Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be your name, may your kingdom come.... ' and we were asking ourselves, when we say, May Gods Kingdom come , what does this mean to me and to you? does it mean praying for the wider kingdom of God than focusing on me, i and myself-(which is almost at the end of the prayer "Give us our daily bread...'') After this service, we were chatting outside and this lady who has lost her father told us about how when she was between 9years of age until about 17 years, all she prayed about was about the salvation of the father. At 17 years, he accepted Christ and she was so thrilled to see the kingdom of God being extended in her own home.
Then on Monday, she gets the news the father has had a heart attack and died on the spot...

Back to the reading:
Isaiah:26
19 But those who die in the Lord will live; their bodies will rise again! Those who sleep in the earth will rise up and sing for joy! For your life-giving light will fall like dew on your people in the place of the dead!

In the business of life, sometimes i loose perspective of the fact that we are on a journey and the destination is in heaven. This was one of the weeks, i am reminding myself.. Loice...slow down and focus on what is important in life.....
What is really important to me as a follower of Christ?? that when i appear before my father in heaven, i can say.. Lord here i come,,, and the Lord will tell me... Come here my faithful servant, well done, you accomplished the will of the father!!!

Lord I need a new perspective to my life, i need to see what is really important and focus on that which will bring you glory forever and above all come with a group of people to heaven that i lead to your kingdom. Lord i pray that all the ladies who are so diligently seeking after you in this blog will also get a revelation of heaven and want to enlarge it with their acquaintances and people who come in their way. Heaven is real, but hell is also real.. we have been called to populate heaven and Lord give us the know how and the zeal to do this.Amen.... Amen....

Blogger Unknown said...

Lord we also remember Denise at this time. May the power of the living God bring relief and comfort to her ailing body. May the blood of Christ shed on the cross for all of us bring divine healing. Lord you alone holds Denise life into your hands, you alone knows when she sleeps and when she wakes. you alone formed her in her mothers body. To you alone we entrust her health to. And when she is well, remind us to remember to say Thank you Lord...
i prayer for all the others that are still struggling with illnesses in their bodies including Mickey and Michael. Lord undertake for them for its your desire that they be of good health.
we thank you for hearing us.

Amen

Blogger Michelle said...

Gaylene and Loice, thank you so much for your prayers for my sister. She is doing a bit better, and praise God, even on a summer Sunday, the "big wig doctors", as my brother-in-law calls them, were working and put their heads together about Denise's case. That also made me think of my lonely daughter in Tennessee, whose new doctor husband was also working today. Lord, thank you for those to whom you have given the medical calling. Bless them, Lord, and strengthen their spouses and children to withstand the many hours they must do without their loved ones, so that hurting people may be helped. I pray this in Jesus' name, Amen.

Loice, thank you also for some very thought provoking words this day, based on what God has led you to experience this week.

Good night, all. "See" you in the morning.

Peace and Gratitude,
Michelle in New England

Post a Comment

Home